Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 5 in 2019?!

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    karsa8585 wrote: »
    The Sims 5 CONFIRMED!

The Sims 5 tab right there this is literally news about the Sims 5. So recently Maxis / EA are hiring a new character modeler ok. If you don’t know what that means it’s someone who models characters like for games or you know and really how ever. They do it they model characters create avatars create different game styles right Maxis.

Is looking for a character modeler for an exciting new game in the best-selling Sims franchise now this they don’t need a character modeler for like an expansion pack. They really don’t unless they are coming up with a like brand new thing. They’re gonna introduce dinosaurs into the game they do not need a character modeler for the Sims 4. Alright do you have excellent modeling and texturing abilities do you have a passion for creating real world fashion in a 3D game.

Character modelers would be needed for new packs that have new characters needing designing. New animals would need character modelers (sheep! cows! horses! chickens! dragons!), as would things like mermaids, werewolves, Sims with visible disabilities. In Sims 4 add-on packs, you'd have needed character modelers for cats and dogs and hamsters and vampires at the absolute minimum.

Basically, anything with new shape that's not static needs to be modeled. That can even include objects, depending on what they do. This is what a character modeler does in game design: http://getinmedia.com/careers/character-modeler https://work.chron.com/job-description-salary-character-modeler-27977.html

That and "an exciting new game in the best-selling Sims franchise" doesn't necessarily mean a successor to Sims 4. It could be a side game (like Sims Medieval was), or it could be that HR didn't use the right words and it's for a Sims 4 add-on. A lot is being read into one ad that ignores other things that ad could just as easily mean.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Honestly I don't even want to think about Sims 5 until the end of 2020. Sims 4 needs a lot more content.

Exactly. I've just started to enjoy 4 after seasons and yet the game still feels incomplete. I want Witches and at least one other supernatural, University and following kids and teens to school, beaches, more vacation worlds, and more careers. We don't even have basic NPCs like police and firefighters yet, no cemetaries for ghosts to hang around either. Now I'm getting irritated because there's really so much that was left out that should have been there since the beginning and I don't want to start over with nothing again
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited January 2019
    The Sims 5 CONFIRMED!

The Sims 5 tab right there this is literally news about the Sims 5. So recently Maxis / EA are hiring a new character modeler ok. If you don’t know what that means it’s someone who models characters like for games or you know and really how ever. They do it they model characters create avatars create different game styles right Maxis.

Is looking for a character modeler for an exciting new game in the best-selling Sims franchise now this they don’t need a character modeler for like an expansion pack. They really don’t unless they are coming up with a like brand new thing. They’re gonna introduce dinosaurs into the game they do not need a character modeler for the Sims 4. Alright do you have excellent modeling and texturing abilities do you have a passion for creating real world fashion in a 3D game.

That may be a sign of something , but a confirmation of "Sims 5" it is not . @karsa8585
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The Sims 5 CONFIRMED!

Character modelers would be needed for new packs that have new characters needing designing. New animals would need character modelers (sheep! cows! horses! chickens! dragons!), as would things like mermaids, werewolves, Sims with visible disabilities. In Sims 4 add-on packs, you'd have needed character modelers for cats and dogs and hamsters and vampires at the absolute minimum.

Basically, anything with new shape that's not static needs to be modeled. That can even include objects, depending on what they do. This is what a character modeler does in game design: http://getinmedia.com/careers/character-modeler https://work.chron.com/job-description-salary-character-modeler-27977.html

That and "an exciting new game in the best-selling Sims franchise" doesn't necessarily mean a successor to Sims 4. It could be a side game (like Sims Medieval was), or it could be that HR didn't use the right words and it's for a Sims 4 add-on. A lot is being read into one ad that ignores other things that ad could just as easily mean.

So potentially that ad could've been for a new pack/feature of some sort? If that's the case they must be diving into new territories for the Sims 4.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    The Sims 5 CONFIRMED!

So potentially that ad could've been for a new pack/feature of some sort? If that's the case they must be diving into new territories for the Sims 4.

Highly unlikely. Luth isn’t exactly wrong, but she’s glossing over a lot to come to her own conclusion that this isn’t for a sequel to Sims 4. At the end of the day it probably is for a sequel, whether that’s something players want to hear or not. Sims 4 has 3 years planned, and that’s about the time frame a new game requires. Simple math, no need for the run around like she’s giving the OP.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    The Sims 5 CONFIRMED!

Highly unlikely. Luth isn’t exactly wrong, but she’s glossing over a lot to come to her own conclusion that this isn’t for a sequel to Sims 4. At the end of the day it probably is for a sequel, whether that’s something players want to hear or not. Sims 4 has 3 years planned, and that’s about the time frame a new game requires. Simple math, no need for the run around like she’s giving the OP.

I'm not concluding it isn't a sequel. I'm concluding it could be a lot of things, of which a sequel is only one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    The Sims gurus and EA have stated that The Sims 5 is entirely dependent on how well The Sims 4 (and its add-ons) sold, and so far, it isn't doing anywhere near as well as its 3 predecessors for myriad reasons (not finished at launch, boring to play, unfixed bugs, etc.). There may not be another The Sims, based on sales of The Sims 4. The trademarked name, The Sims 5, has been purchased, but that means nothing. If EA decides this is the end for The Sims franchise, then that will be that. With this being the longest running iteration of the game thus far, I'd say they may just keep putting out a bit of content for TS4 for awhile, and you will never see a TS5.

While I wouldn't be mad in the slightest if Sims 5 never came, I highly doubt that Sims 4 is doing that bad.
    I don't know anything about the US sales, but Sims 4 was the top-selling game in Germany in 2018 and in Switzerland, it has been Nr 1. best selling game constantly every month almost since release.
    With sales like that in Germany and Switzerland, it can't be that much of a financial disaster.

I live in Switzerland and I never heard that.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Even if Sims 5 comes out next year, I would probably still play the Sims 4 for a while. As others have said, the game has really been fleshed out, whereas a brand-new Sims game would still be missing a lot of those features for a while.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    i am curious if the sims 5 is in development and where or if i can get any further information reguarding this...

Honestly, we don't know for sure. There has been one thing that could point to a new game last year there was a job posting on the jobs page looking for developers for a new Sims game and that may be the Sims 5 apart from that we know nothing to get further info to keep it locked here and watch the live streams that's all we can do.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I hope that TS5 doesn't come anytime soon. When I first got TS4, I actually didn't play it for a while because of some major missing components like toddlers, ghosts, and aliens, and I really just got back into the game again this year (I've been off and on over the years...) after the big Christmas sale. I have to say, I've been really pleased with all the updates and changes the game has undergone that makes it feel more complete - but after playing the TS3 for a substantial amount of time, TS4 still feels incomplete.

Like, it's all about feelings too. When TS3 came out, it FELT new, improved, and expanded over TS2. TS4 didn't feel that way at all. It was a backward step, and still, despite it's long list of improvements, has some steps to make before it comes close to meeting the same feeling that TS3 felt compared to TS2. Having SOME degree of Create-A-Style come back is a must for me. Even if it's not as involved as the on in TS3, something needs to give, because I don't like having to make do with slightly off color furniture in a room just because the orange cushions on one chair has dark wood and the orange cushions on the sofa has a near white wood.

What we also need more of that were given to us with pretty much every expansion in TS2 and TS3 was supernaturals. We got one per major expansion, and TS4 really shorted us in that department, so people who did enjoy the bits of magic and otherworldly way to play Sims are really starved for that kind of content.
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member

Sims 3's open world and CaSt are confirmed to be responsible for over 90% of all the Problems Sims 3 had, including lag, crashes, long loading screens. (Never read about less than 5 minutes. When I had it installed, I had to wait a solid 2 hours just to enter the game. From what I read so far on feedback, 15-20 minutes of loading screen is what you could expect on average.)
    That was also the reason why they didn't do it in Sims 4.

Confirmed by whom? You know I think that a lot of people who claim that The Sims took excessively long to load either had terribly maintained computers or excessive amounts of additional content to load not just the base game.
    If you download torrents have lots of malware and other rubbish on your computer, don't do regular maintenance on your computer and also have multiple extension packs and cc installed then obviously the game will take longer to load. Just like how it's harder to stir mud than water. Why blame the game for this?
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Even if Sims 5 comes out next year, I would probably still play the Sims 4 for a while. As others have said, the game has really been fleshed out, whereas a brand-new Sims game would still be missing a lot of those features for a while.

Im definitely not going to buy sims 5 right away. I always buy packs 4 the sims 4 , on release day and enjoy s4 a lot. So, I dont see myself hopping on S5 right away. It will be fun to watch others play it for a while though.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I think that if The Sims 5 ever exists, it's only gonna be after 2021 or 2022. The Sims 4 still has a lot of things missing.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    We don’t even know if there will even BE a Sims 5 😂😂 Unless you work for EA then you don’t know what direction they’re going to take, point blank 🤷‍♀️ And that’s the tea 🍵
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Heronyx wrote: »

Sims 3's open world and CaSt are confirmed to be responsible for over 90% of all the Problems Sims 3 had, including lag, crashes, long loading screens. (Never read about less than 5 minutes. When I had it installed, I had to wait a solid 2 hours just to enter the game. From what I read so far on feedback, 15-20 minutes of loading screen is what you could expect on average.)
    That was also the reason why they didn't do it in Sims 4.

Confirmed by whom? You know I think that a lot of people who claim that The Sims took excessively long to load either had terribly maintained computers or excessive amounts of additional content to load not just the base game.
    If you download torrents have lots of malware and other rubbish on your computer, don't do regular maintenance on your computer and also have multiple extension packs and cc installed then obviously the game will take longer to load. Just like how it's harder to stir mud than water. Why blame the game for this?

Ah classic victim (Simmer) blamming at its finest. 🐸 🍵
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    It's not really a question of if you want more sims 4, it's do you want a good sims 5. Because the longer we wait for it the better it will be.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    No matter what we say about not needing sims 5 until 4 is complete etc. etc....when they finally start the marketing for the new product and start introducing its unique attributes as opposed to sims 4, we will begin to salivate over the prospect and probably jump at the chance to play something so seemingly new and exciting. The sims games are addictive and we are always looking for a new fix.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    No matter what we say about not needing sims 5 until 4 is complete etc. etc....when they finally start the marketing for the new product and start introducing its unique attributes as opposed to sims 4, we will begin to salivate over the prospect and probably jump at the chance to play something so seemingly new and exciting. The sims games are addictive and we are always looking for a new fix.

For that, Sims 5 would have to be vastly superior to Sims 4, right from the get-go. For me, Sims 4 was from the Sims 3 because I could play it without issue. I still can.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm certain that Sims 5 is in development, but it certainly is not coming out this year.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

I think I should add that I am perfectly happy for sims 5 to not come out for some years as long as they keep improving on the gameplay in Sims 4. I am finding 4 to be very rich in gameplay right now and have not even been able to scratch the surface yet in all it has to offer. Every day I un cover some feature that I did not even know existed. I find myself pleasantly surprised and amused constantly. I also love how the characters look, move and act. I love the furnishings and the different feel to all the worlds. I would love to see more work done on the infants and children and teens but that, I guess is like wishing on a star yet what they did with toddlers was one of the best work in the history of the game, imho.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Do we REALLY need 3-4 more years of Sims 4? How about just 1 or maybe 2 more years,then move on to Sims 5? All the missing content can easily be put into GPs and EPs,which can give Sims 4 at least 1 more year to another 6 months in 2019-2020,then it's time to pull the plug and move on.So many people are waiting for Sims 5 to come out,and EA needs to start thinking about when to release Sims 5. With all the problems not being addressed in Sims 4 and all the bugs being caused by patches,I just don't see how it will even last 3 more years.

Why do people seem convinced sims 5 will be better? Usually when a once cherished version of something goes down in quality it usually does not revert back, or even more rare, that it gets better.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited February 2019
    I hope so... I'm so very ready to move on. I hope it's worth it and builds more upon the legacy and success of ts2 and ts3. And even if it's worth it, I hope a competitor still comes along so it won't be the only option and gives EA somebody to compete against for our money.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    I think we will have to keep watch for this year ea game play to see if new info about the sims5 will be realise as well as this year g3
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I honestly hope we won't be getting The Sims 5 for a couple a years at least.

I need more The Sims 4 :relaxed:
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I think a TS5 in 2019 wouldn't be good at all as the development on it will be too rushed and be incapable of having the features we missed from TS2 and TS3, plus any new features added to the base game and expansions to come. I don't want another crappy TS4!

I'm fine with it coming out in 2020~2022, but it better have a robust game engine for the features we need and have new ones that will make up for the sorry excuse that TS4 is, plus have a stronger quality assurance team that will work out the bugs. I mean for crying out loud, if ONE person, Twallan, can make a poorly optimized TS3 run better, than surely the devs can put together a team to do that for TS5 and more!