Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• CarlaplaysCarlaplays Posts: 36 Member
    > @Carlaplays said:
    > > @Carlaplays said:
    > > Welp, my accidental vampire child died. Luna died from overexposure to the sun at 12:54 pm. I accidentally made her do her schoolwork in the sun. Whoops!
    > >
    > > I now have 7 children alive, one dead, and my sim is pregnant.
    >
    > None of the other kids doing their schoolwork cared and sadly a mailman, a random passerby, my matriarch, and my other 5 children (including her twin sister) witnessed and cared.

UPDATE: Ambrosia (Luna's twin sister) wailed about her to Grim and he let her survive!
  • CarlaplaysCarlaplays Posts: 36 Member
    Question: Can you have two ways to make money? I wanna use the video station and write books.
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Carlaplays wrote: »
    Question: Can you have two ways to make money? I wanna use the video station and write books.

For sure!
  • Persefona711Persefona711 Posts: 356 Member
    Carlaplays wrote: »
    Welp, my accidental vampire child died. Luna died from overexposure to the sun at 12:54 pm. I accidentally made her do her schoolwork in the sun. Whoops!

I now have 7 children alive, one dead, and my sim is pregnant.

^^' maybe you can bring her to life making ambrosia?
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • BagelnschmeerBagelnschmeer Posts: 1 New Member
    So my first matriarch has become an elder and died. Well, on the day I aged up her youngest daughter to young adult, not a minute later she died of humiliation. I didn't even know that could happen, and all her stats were green so I'm still in shock.
    So does the job of future baby making go to the next youngest daughter (she still lives in the home), or did I just lose the challenge?
  • Caitlana999Caitlana999 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello :) I was curious because I am doing the 100 baby challenge and I don't know what lot traits I should equip! Can anyone help?
  • Caitlana999Caitlana999 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Bagelnschmeer said:
    > So my first matriarch has become an elder and died. Well, on the day I aged up her youngest daughter to young adult, not a minute later she died of humiliation. I didn't even know that could happen, and all her stats were green so I'm still in shock.
    > So does the job of future baby making go to the next youngest daughter (she still lives in the home), or did I just lose the challenge?

^^Since your matriarch died you now use your youngest next inline matriarch (which will be the young adult that you have) so now you can continue the challenge!
    So my first matriarch has become an elder and died. Well, on the day I aged up her youngest daughter to young adult, not a minute later she died of humiliation. I didn't even know that could happen, and all her stats were green so I'm still in shock.
    So does the job of future baby making go to the next youngest daughter (she still lives in the home), or did I just lose the challenge?

Your next next youngest would take over. Also I’ve had this happen to me on a previous attempt of the baby challenge. If their mood is embarrassed or angry, if they age up with that mood then they usually die right after. My first baby of the challenge game home mortified with an A in school, so I waited until her mood went back to happy to age her up. Usually you can go to the mirror and calm them down depending on the mood.
    Hello :) I was curious because I am doing the 100 baby challenge and I don't know what lot traits I should equip! Can anyone help?

My favourite are Romantic Aura and Good Schools. On Ley Key is another good one for multiples but you need to have home births for it to work.
  • MaddyMcMoodyMaddyMcMoody Posts: 105 Member
    the incest in this challenge is real omg haha.
    I'm only at baby no. 16 and one of my earliest daughters has married her half-sister's baby daddy. I guess at least they're not blood-related since they don't share any DNA or something (my brain can't figure ancestry and genetics out too well but technically they're only related through her mum so it's fine I guess?) but it's still a bit weird - her sister is her step-daughter yuck
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    the incest in this challenge is real omg haha.
    I'm only at baby no. 16 and one of my earliest daughters has married her half-sister's baby daddy. I guess at least they're not blood-related since they don't share any DNA or something (my brain can't figure ancestry and genetics out too well but technically they're only related through her mum so it's fine I guess?) but it's still a bit weird - her sister is her step-daughter yuck

@MaddyMcMoody - Yeah I hate when that happens. One of my matriarch's earlier daughter's who is YA ended up having a baby by the same dude as her half-sisters father (my matriarch's donor). I was not too happy about it. But ah well. It's not incest just not something I'd normally do. Now the new baby is the half-sister and niece of my matriarch's kids by that donor. As you said....yuck.
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Hey guys, forgot to update here but I added something to the rules that some players might find really fun. :smiley: kawaiistacey made a custom aspiration where the milestones revolve around having lots of babies... 100 babies to be exact. She based it on this challenge. I thought it was so cool that I decided to mention it in the official rules and allow you to choose this custom aspiration for your matriarchs if you want to.

I'm also toying with the idea of an optional alternate version of the challenge where the aim is to have 100 babies with one matriarch, using potions of youth which would work better with kawaiistacey's custom aspiration, but I haven't made any decisions or plans on that yet so just keep an eye out for it.
  • MoiratusMoiratus Posts: 6 New Member
    Would it be against the rules to use potions of youth?
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Hey guys, forgot to update here but I added something to the rules that some players might find really fun. :smiley: kawaiistacey made a custom aspiration where the milestones revolve around having lots of babies... 100 babies to be exact. She based it on this challenge. I thought it was so cool that I decided to mention it in the official rules and allow you to choose this custom aspiration for your matriarchs if you want to.

I'm also toying with the idea of an optional alternate version of the challenge where the aim is to have 100 babies with one matriarch, using potions of youth which would work better with kawaiistacey's custom aspiration, but I haven't made any decisions or plans on that yet so just keep an eye out for it.

@Ashleigh825 Thanks for updating here! :) That would be really cool to have the option to do it with one matriarch. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • MoiratusMoiratus Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Moiratus said:
    > Would it be against the rules to use potions of youth?

NVM! I found where it says it is against the rules!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Haven't managed to get on for a week or two, but got some play time in last night :) the twins Carlos & Brandon aged up to toddlers and Alexandria is pregnant with baby #4. (She looks kinda big for 1st trimestre, I wonder if we are going to have twins again? We have Ley Line trait but 2x in a row seems? Seems the odds would be pretty slim.
    Abby is now a B student. Also, we were finally able to afford a bigger house than the tiny one room trailer we had! So the three kids no longer have to sleep in the living room! We have a 3 bedroom now :)

Carlos napping in the chair, isn't he cute?
    30skf1y.jpg

Alexandria (1st trimester) reading to the three kids. Brandon would have listened to this book over and over again (It's his favourite) but Carlos, our little fuss pot, threw a tantrum after the third reading saying he was bored of it.
    Abby only listened once before heading out to play on the monkey bars.
    205cu11.jpg

Abby has also been having difficulties with her little brothers sneaking into her room to wake her up in the middle of the night so we let her lock her bedroom door to the two of them.

Hey do you guys know if there is a way to get my kids birth certificates back? (Or at all?) I never received one or Abby, the twins I had theirs placed on the wall but forgot to remove them before I bulldozed the old house to make a new one.
    I got a lot of time to get on with the challenge today, I'm on the 20th pregnancy with my matriarch Yanu and unfortunately that's also only the 20th baby since it seems like she just refuses to have twins... I didn't get her on the ley line for it bc I wasn't sure whether that's allowed and I didn't want to make the challenge too easy, but even without the lay line - no twins after 19 pregnancies??

I've started an excel table to keep track of the children and their dads so that I won't accidentally have several children of the same father.
    And we should have enough money for a new house now! Will move her into a cool modern abode with all the best stuff soon. I kept them on the most basic stuff for a long time now, but the gardening business has given the family some sweet coin and they have over 400k now. I made her give up on writing, turns out gardening is exremely lucrative and handy since it's allowed to hire someone else for the gardening in this challenge.
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    >
    >
    > @MaddyMcMoody - Yeah I hate when that happens. One of my matriarch's earlier daughter's who is YA ended up having a baby by the same dude as her half-sisters father (my matriarch's donor). I was not too happy about it. But ah well. It's not incest just not something I'd normally do. Now the new baby is the half-sister and niece of my matriarch's kids by that donor. As you said....yuck.

yeah, it's just highly uncomfortable even if it's not technically incest, but being her sister's stepmum... or from her sister's point of view, her father being married to her half-sister, that's just strange. It also means that even though the wife isn't blood-related to her husband, their baby is both a niece and a sister to the dad's first child with the matriarch (gosh that sounds so complicated) and again that sounds so incestuous even if it isn't. my whole cultural upbringing is triggered haha
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
    Abby came home from school and was very sad. Alexandria tried to cheer her daughter up, but Abby decided she'd only be happy if she wore a bear costume.... whatever, she is now a B student and did all her extra credit so we'll leave her be.

ivj0v5.jpg

Next morning, Carlos woke up starving. Alexandria decided to make some scrambled eggs and bacon but accidentally started a fire! She picked up Brandon and ran, but never went back inside for Carlos, so I guess we know which twin is her favourite, haha! Brandon was actually asleep when it happened so maybe she figured Carlos could make it out on his own, but you'd think she'd have gone back in after for him at least. Anyways, I managed to convince Carlos to get out of the house too.
    14vsrdf.jpg
    The fire kept spreading, but Alexandria would not put Brandon down for the longest time so she couldn't go extinguish it. When she finally did go put it out it had spread to the twins bedroom as well and burnt both their beds. She put out half of it and then ran back outside to check on the twins, because one was having a temper tantrum. Not sure which one. This kept happening over and over, I'm afraid she wet her pants as she had to use the washroom so badly, and the fire spread into Abby's room and destroyed her bed too. (Fortunately Abby was at school during all of this!)
    35jfplh.jpg

She finally got out the fire right before Abby came home from school, but by that time we had to replace half the kitchen, and both kids bedrooms. We were just thankful the twins stayed put on the sidewalk outside and Abby didn't walk into it after school. But here's the thing, the kids needs were sooooo far down that CPS is threatening to take away the twins at this point, especially their hygiene and attention and hunger. Alexandria is too exhausted, embarressed (about wetting herself), hungry, and whatever to do anything. Btw, she's 3rd trimestre preggo.
    205e79j.jpg
    Luckily, believe it or not, her eggs and bacon turned out! They were still unharmed on the counter, so the three of them ate anyways, and we got Brandon his bath and he went to bed happy, Abby was fine, but Carlos's hygiene is non-existant, so is his energy and attention. Alexandria tried 7 times to give him a bubble bath, but keeps stopping in the middle of it to pass out, or wet herself, or whatever. So Carlos is asleep now, got him into bed after he passed out on the floor, but I'm still worried about CPS taking him away.
    s16es4.jpg
    I thought maybe, maybe, maybe we FINALLY got Alexandria's needs under control enough she could give him that bubble bath to fix his hygiene and attention, (She still has to use the washroom and eat though) but now she's in Labour!!!! Baby #4 is on the way.... Wish us luck.
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited February 2019

Thats awesome. I think it would be great add for the rules because some people like to play with the same sim for a long time and enjoy all the skills they develop.
    edited February 2019
    For those who have sims that are marrying baby daddies and such, with MCCC you can flag the children so they don’t marry or reproduce. So far I haven’t flagged any to not marry as I forgot about that but I’ve been flagging them not to have offspring. That way the world isn’t overpopulated with sims related to my Matriarch.
    @SimAlexandria

that chaos is a whole mood if I've ever seen one. it gets easier as soon as you get the first teenagers, the first 3-5 were DEFINITELY the worst, everyone was peeing everywhere, falling asleep on the floor, starving, moping, it was pandemonium
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
    Haha yes I am just hoping CPS doesn't come for Carlos while Alexandria is giving birth
    Do you think it's cheating to use cheats just to get missing birth certificates that I accidentally deleted?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top