Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy the Sims 5 if it came out in 2020?

1235...Next

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    If the base game is great.

We must be careful when judging Sims games by lets plays because they make it look a lot better and more fun then it actually is. They Stop recording, and then start again over and over, we get the finished video. Also, they use a Ton of Mods.
    Some make mods.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • kittenwalruskittenwalrus Posts: 25 Member
    No.
    I would be devasted that the Sims 4 is still missing so much and I know TS5 won't be great until some EPs come out.
  • peachy_simspeachy_sims Posts: 8 New Member
    Hmm... I would possibly buy it if the amount of CAS and Build Mode had a good amount of items, but otherwise not really. I really want the Sims 4 to be worked on and improved and the fact that there might be a Sims 5 honestly disappointed me. I still want a university life, better babies and customization, more textures of hair and to fix the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pet quene bug. But if it had god reviews, a reasonable price then perhaps, but I would be disappointed, :/
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Heck yeah!
    Stormsview wrote: »
    We must be careful when judging Sims games by lets plays because they make it look a lot better and more fun then it actually is. They Stop recording, and then start again over and over, we get the finished video. Also, they use a Ton of Mods.
    Some make mods.

I’ll have to disagree. Not every YT Simmer uses mods, and I know of one that I love to watch who has multiple series and one of them is Vanilla. The game’s “funness” is what you make it 🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited February 2019
    No.
    I'm going to have to lean towards no for 2020, but I would eventually buy it once I feel it's time to move on from TS4. That will not be for a long time though. With nearly 1000 events (posts) that have happened in my Sim story since TS4's release in 2014. I just don't want to start all over again with a base game when TS4 already has a lot of content. For me, I think a good time to buy TS5 would be when it has Seasons and Pets. Those are the essential expansions for me at the moment. Once TS5 has those expansions, I could just transition over and continue on with my Sim story.
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Heck No!
    Sims4 isn't even fleshed out; it doesn't have a tenth of what Sims3 has. I hope they don't make a Sims5 for 5+ years. Then we might have enough on Sims4 to support the need for a new game. Right now, it would just be more of the same and I don't want to start over.
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    edited February 2019
    No.
    There's so much more that can be done with Sims 4. Honestly, if they improve the game in increments that resemble the addition of toddlers, I'll be thrilled. Idk what they could bring me in Sims 5 that they couldn't adjust sims 4 to have at this point. (Apart from a desperately desired more open world) I don't want it fully open like 3... that takes so much out of your computer... but a little more freedom. Just my neighborhood, even. Just a semblance of life and goings-on outside my immediately played family.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Normally I would vote "Heck yeah!" if this was asked before TS4 came out, but now I'm waiting to see if the base game is great. I really loved the base games for TS1 through TS3, so it was shocking when TS4 wasn't so great. Then I saw all the sleazy marketing schemes with TS4 and I stopped trusting EA all together after that.

If they make the basegame strong in gameplay mechanics, make it so that we can create and customize our worlds fully - and that those are FULLY PLAYABLE worlds and not just a small area against a large backdrop, and then pack the base game generously with stuff like they did for TS1 through TS3, then I'm all in! There's a reasons why TS2 and TS3 still have large active simming communities so many years after they've been completed and people still hoping features from TS1 will be added back in future iterations.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2019
    Heck yeah!
    nevermind
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    No.
    I like coming into the Sims late, so I can buy some content to make it more enjoyable. I only got into the Sims 2 in 2008-9, and it was complete, and then I tried TS3 in about 2011, when i got my first job and could pay for packs. Dropped it because I didn't like it and it broke the family computer, and then got into TS4 in very early 2017 (the game has always had toddlers for me), because I can't stand the base game of the sims. Base game sims 1 I played at my nannas when i was little was boring and I barely remember it, so now on principle, I always give it at LEAST 2 yeas, so there is time for content that makes the game better for me, to be available.

I'd consider TS5 if I considered TS4 complete, and it had been a couple years.