Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What wall view do you use the most while playing>

Comments

• papertonguepapertongue Posts: 130 Member
    Partially up
    I prefer having them partially up. Though I recently built my family a house so huge I can actually leave the walls all the way up and still see what I'm doing. It's a nice change of pace.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Partially up
    It's funny, but when I watch someone on YouTube or Twitch playing Sims 4 with all the walls down, well, it reallly bugs me.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    None up
    Can't bear walls up, even partially, and I too hate it that half walls remain up. I play mostly front on and put cupboards etc to the sides of a room.

Ridiculous really because I spend ages building and decorating, and don't get to enjoy it!! :D
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Partially up
    Partially up when I'm playing, full up when I'm taking a screenshot of something.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    None up
    most of the time I prefer no walls at all
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Partially up
    sunblond wrote: »
    It's funny, but when I watch someone on YouTube or Twitch playing Sims 4 with all the walls down, well, it reallly bugs me.

Haha! :D Same here!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • CaelaiCaelai Posts: 89 Member
    None up
    i have played all-walls-down since like, forever.
    but then i started to watch more lets-plays on youtube, and i loved how the game looked with partially up walls.
    so i'm definitely going to work on that in the future to change my preference.
    youtube: Caelai | twitter: caelaisims | tumblr: caelai-sims | origin: caelaisims | discord: Small Simmers
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Other
    All of the above, really. Depends on the house, situations and what it is that I am doing. For instance if I am taking pictures within the game, I always put all walls up and use the tab key along with the movement keys to get closer in if the room is on the smaller side. If I am in an apartment, I sometimes just have all walls down but my preferred playstyle is either partial walls up or all walls up.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Partially up
    I play with partially up because I can't play with walls up as it is hard for me to channel in on my Sims. Walls down is not bad but I like to see some walls with decorations. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Partially up
    I switch them around a lot, but mostly cut away. I like having them all up but in big rooms where I can clearly see my sim inside. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Partially up
    Partially just out of habit. When I want to enjoy a full interior view I just jump into FPV.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    None up
    Hmmm, okay, so yesterday I left the walls half-up, as they are when you enter the game, and kind of liked it. It didn't obscure my view, except that I could no longer see the annoying random townies walking on the path behind the house. I saw pictures I'd forgotten that I had.

I get so fed up with the swatch situation that half the time, I end up using the same walls and floors everywhere but the baths and kitchen. That's one thing I really miss from previous Sims - the creation tool that allowed us to make our own walls and floors.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Partially up
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I don't understand why anyone would play with walls down. Why even build a house then? Just let your sims live outside.
    I'd like to see the house my sims live in so it feels like... they live in a house.

Same.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Partially up
    I don't understand why anyone would play with walls down. Why even build a house then? Just let your sims live outside.
    I'd like to see the house my sims live in so it feels like... they live in a house.

Says it all really xd If I've put in time and effort to build and decorate a house, why would I choose to hide it all
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Partially up
    Best of both worlds this way. I like seeing the home, but if all walls are up they just get in the way. I put them up for pictures. I put them down for interesting weather and to see who is passing by that my sim can befriend or date.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Partially up
    Cutaway walls for me! Walls up would seriously hamper my view, and walls down gets confusing - all stuff, no rooms! Plus I like to see my walls. I do put them up for building and the occasional screenshot.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Partially up
    I used to be a none up player in Sims 1, but in Sims 2 I saw how good the partial walls looked, and that's been my preference since
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • JuiceboxQueenJuiceboxQueen Posts: 77 Member
    Partially up
    Partial most of the time but I also play with the all walls up. It depends on the lot.
  • EttaEtta Posts: 8 New Member
    Partially up
    Partially up. I like to decorate EVERYTHING! So I enjoy seeing all the decor.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    cute a way
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    None up
    Because I have claustrophobia and with the Sims 4 lots generally being really small, having the walls make my Sims feel less trapped in small spaces when playing. I do build with partially up and honestly when upgrading to Gallery others can enjoy my builds with the walls up if they want. Plus if I want to get a picture and just the right view and the room is small, walls aren't always going to help it. Not all the colors match in the game too, so I like to hide it especially with how off the yellows and greens are with the walls and furniture. I rather just hide the tone clashes while playing. I think that is why people said they build with monochrome though because of the color clashing issues in the game, so makes sense for them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    All walls up
    Yeah i worked hard on my builds especially my massive builds, Like my castles, and Mansions, I want the full effect when I'm going through the rooms.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    None up
    I switch between all down and partially up. I usually play the house from the rear, so I can watch the street.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Partially up
    Partially up when playing, all the way up for screenshots and building. I have never played with the walls down. Like someone else said, I take forever decorating and I like to see my efforts when playing the game. Plus, it just feels more like I'm in the game with my Sims that way.

I have always played with one story, tiny to small houses in the past. But I'm remodeling a rather large three story 'mansion' type house for my Sim that won the lottery and I've noticed I can actually play with the walls fully up and see everything now with the open floor plan on this house. I love it! <3
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Partially up
    Halfway uo