Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy the Sims 5 if it came out in 2020?

Comments

• storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    If the base game is great.
    Cupid wrote: »
    I dunno? I usually don't make the decision whether or not to buy something before I even know anything about it

I love seeing sanity in the forums lol.

I voted the way I did because I love the franchise - They would have to royally mess it up for me not to at least buy the base game. I absolutely love TS4. I don't think it's "missing" anything crucial. I am not the type to demand my game has X Y Z and not be satisfied until it's there. Was it weird adjusting to not having toddlers or pools? Yeah! But then they added them. Should they have been in the base game? Yup! But I'm not going to boycott the next game because of mistakes made this time around.

Like I said, I love TS4 so if TS5 or whatever it may be was released and it was not great... I'd just stick to TS4 until it was improved!
  • KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    Heck No!
    I wouldn't. To me, TS4 still feels extremely unfinished. If they dropped it the way it is now to move onto another game, it wouldn't inspire any confidence in me that TS5 wouldn't end up the same way.
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    Heck No!
    As it stands right now I would say heck no. Sims 4 has ruined it for me and too many others sadly. EA tried to make sims 4 a Facebook online game, but when that flopped they did their best to cover it all up and simply stripped it while salvaging what it could and in turn gave us "sloppy leftovers" for a base game, instead of starting from scratch on the newest engine! And now simply continues to charge out the ying yang at near twice the price for enhancing our gaming experience, and still have too far to go to bring the game up to par. Too many of us have gone back to playing sims 2 and 3, heck I'd even venture to say there are more simmers playing 2 and 3 than there are playing 4 anymore. Sims 5 base game would literally have to blow my mind beyond what sims 2 or 3 ever did, and I can tell you that threshold is up there!
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 5 should be out this year. They should have started work on it after TS4 launched just like Olympus was started after TS3 launched. Why should they try to drag it out any longer? Enough is enough now!

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • heavenlyhoshiheavenlyhoshi Posts: 21 New Member
    It really depends on the game, if other people say it's really good then... maybe i will, bUT I'd just rather stay with ts3 & ts4
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    No.
    The Sims 5 should be out this year. They should have started work on it after TS4 launched just like Olympus was started after TS3 launched. Why should they try to drag it out any longer? Enough is enough now!

Maybe because Sims 4 seems to actually be really successful, even if not 100% of Simmers Ever love it. If you listen to the bubble of Speculation and Feedback, with their small populations, it might feel like Sims 4 is a disaster, but it's hard to replicate that feeling about the game elsewhere, and corporate-level statements support the concept that Sims 4 is a continuing success.

Maybe because it was obviously designed from the start to last longer than previous versions, with an already time-tested art style and a partial-open world that would be a given to perform better over time and that would allow more calculation power to things other than background, nonfocused Sim activity as well, opening up more animation possibilities. The idea of it being intended to last longer is supported by a recent SimGuru tweet pointing to other still ongoing long-lived games older than Sims 4 and showing no signs of ending — we're talking 10, 15 years, not 5.

Maybe because they're still actively developing new content — three years worth of plans, we've been told recently, and that's having been earlier told that they had a rolling plan. So three years of plans keep being three years of plans -- at any time, there's three years of plans going forward, not a finite three years. There's no hint in this of that ending.

Nobody's saying you have to like Sims 4 because it's successful. But this isn't a "dragging out" -- it's a successful game you and some other people don't happen to like. If I were you, I'd spend less time thinking about "Sims 5", because when it comes to a Sims 5 every indication* says "no". I can't imagine that in the end, in retrospect, it's going to feel like it was a great use of time and emotional energy. It's years people could be focusing on something else. But that's just me, I guess.

* (other than a single job posting that could just as easily refer to a side game or use the wrong phrasing for what's actually an expansion — and it takes dozens upon dozens of people to make a base game)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited February 2019
    Heck No!

The 5-year Planned obsolescence, 5 years and "back to square one", Pay content and pay it again every 5 years...

I think this concept is also a big frustration for the consumers and the developers.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2019
    When it goes on sale or the price is reduced.
    Hard to say. I like sims 4 but the way they take major step backs from previous games because they cant 'fit' them is just wrong. I hear when deli said that sims is powerful game that most people's computers cant handle so we cant expect that to be 1 game, it just false. There are many other like gta 5, witcher 3etc. So for me the price we pay for the sims don't need any corners to be cut. EA does milk these games, like packs for simcity and sims. Don't get me wrong i dont mind for expansions and all that since that way i think they upgrade this game and that is thing i like but that would also mean that they can't just take any features off from previous sims or make budget saves or any sort of 'compromise'
    But i have also thinking that Ea may not want to make this game as full, complete and best for all simmers because then when they release new sims after 4 year people would not like it or would need it so they could just continue previous sim. So that's why i think that ea may just take out one big feature that sims community love and just replace it to other feature so they need to buy that hole new sims searie to play those features, not just cuz they really want to improve it. At least that is something that i have thought.
    But i want to see sims 5, i'm exited about it BUT , if they rush it or make some feature compromises than i prob have to pass that and just wait sometime.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    When it goes on sale or the price is reduced.
    I 100% don’t think there will be no Sims 5. I think they’ll rebrand Sims 4, The Sims and will start to follow the model of having one base that is upgraded and added to over time ala World of Warcraft or other games of that type. Not saying it will be a MMROPG (I def don’t want that) just that the system they have been using in the past of re-releasing a new base game every few years is done. Everything they’ve been doing over the past couple of years the way they’ve been putting out content, upgrading to 64 Bit upgrading to Python etc (including the Tweet posted earlier in this thread) is pointing towards that for me.

But I guess we’ll see. If there is a Sims 5 it will depend on what sort of content the BG has to sway me right away.
    ~ ~ ~
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No.
    I do think Sims 4 will last longer than people think. I kind of hope when they do the next iteration it will not be called Sims 5 but something else. The numbers are starting to get .. I don't know.. tedious?
    I also hope there is some new engine by that time that will allow for real noticeable advancements and change. Things that can run smoothly on most standard gaming computers at that time period. Not lootbox or MMO change... but an engine that does things that most of us can't even conceive of yet. Something that will make these little people even more real and engaging with more options and possibilities for options built in from the get go. Heck, I'm hoping for things like alternate maturity ratings and a more selective process for reality vs funny reactions... or options to have supernatural life state selection per save game ect. Height sliders with animations that adjust for that. And more... way, way more. I'm not talking all the content built in.. that's a pipe dream and makes me roll my eyes when people think, demand they will get everything for free. They gotta make money or they won't make the game.
    Otherwise for me until that time I'd rather stick with this game that I really enjoy and want more and more possibilities in. I'll jump ship or play side by side for something incredible... when the time is right. I'll dabble in something not so incredible when I get bored with this game or if it offers something just outright entertaining to me to think of. If they do it just to remake past options that weren't appealing to me on so many levels, bleh.. yeah I'll pass on that and be disappointed.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited February 2019
    Heck No!
    Just see the positive point.

If The Sims 4 is longer, there is a high chance the TS5 lifespan will also be long (longer than TS4 ???).
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hope to hear about its development in 2019. Hope it's worth buying in 20whenever. Won't be pre-ordering. Won't be tricked into being hyped for anything EA thanks in large part to ts4. Thankfully, I'm patient and don't have stockholders and expensive CEO's to coddle.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Open (or semi-open) world, CASt, TS2 game play, deeper traits and wishes, and a little more detailed TS4 type sims and I am in.
    (Also, TS4 toddlers.)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Can you see the irony of us paying 3 more years into sims 4 just to get Sims 5?
    Forget about the Game, Just make the Movie.

I have a cousin, we were both very young adults, She came to me and said happily, That her New boyfriend just proposed to her, He had said if she would be his girlfriend for 5 more years he would buy her a house. She was so happy. :| the irony of it.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Can you see the irony of us paying 3 more years into sims 4 just to get Sims 5?
    Forget about the Game, Just make the Movie.

I have a cousin, we were both very young adults, She came to me and said happily, That her New boyfriend just proposed to her, He had said if she would be his girlfriend for 5 more years he would buy her a house. She was so happy. :| the irony of it.

That's a great comparison. I've somewhat wised up with ts4. Hope your cousin wised up eventually with her situation.
    Heck No!
    2021 seems to be possible

There is always 1 year between the last pack and the new basegame.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2019

Maybe because Sims 4 seems to actually be really successful, even if not 100% of Simmers Ever love it. If you listen to the bubble of Speculation and Feedback, with their small populations, it might feel like Sims 4 is a disaster, but it's hard to replicate that feeling about the game elsewhere, and corporate-level statements support the concept that Sims 4 is a continuing success.

Maybe because it was obviously designed from the start to last longer than previous versions, with an already time-tested art style and a partial-open world that would be a given to perform better over time and that would allow more calculation power to things other than background, nonfocused Sim activity as well, opening up more animation possibilities. The idea of it being intended to last longer is supported by a recent SimGuru tweet pointing to other still ongoing long-lived games older than Sims 4 and showing no signs of ending — we're talking 10, 15 years, not 5.

Maybe because they're still actively developing new content — three years worth of plans, we've been told recently, and that's having been earlier told that they had a rolling plan. So three years of plans keep being three years of plans -- at any time, there's three years of plans going forward, not a finite three years. There's no hint in this of that ending.

Nobody's saying you have to like Sims 4 because it's successful. But this isn't a "dragging out" -- it's a successful game you and some other people don't happen to like. If I were you, I'd spend less time thinking about "Sims 5", because when it comes to a Sims 5 every indication* says "no". I can't imagine that in the end, in retrospect, it's going to feel like it was a great use of time and emotional energy. It's years people could be focusing on something else. But that's just me, I guess.

* (other than a single job posting that could just as easily refer to a side game or use the wrong phrasing for what's actually an expansion — and it takes dozens upon dozens of people to make a base game)

This whole theory that the forums are a bubble and the only ones that find fault with the game is so played out. Metacritic user reviews stand at 4.0. https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-4 Recent reviews still look negative. Go to any retailer’s online page, YouTube, the rest of social media, and you will find a ton more like this.

Sure, it’s financially successful. It has The Sims slapped on it. Nearly anything that does tends to be successful. It also discounts the base game to oblivion ($5-10) and all DLC, too. Sometimes, expansions go half off the day of release on certain sites. SimCity 5 was also “successful.” And look where it remains now — nothing more than another freemium app in the AppStore.

I also disagree that this foundation is built to stand the test of time. Maybe it’s intended to, but it seems to be failing, with them now having to build tiny, small worlds using the already restrictive world system. And let’s not forget the series’ worst simulation lag, incapable of doing the bare minimum functions of a Sims game without time going forward, backward, sideways, etc. and Sims teleporting all over.

I do want The Sims to be successful, but I also think it should be successful from an innovation standpoint as well. TS4 is nowhere near as groundbreaking as any of the other games in their own time.

It looks like we will get more years out of TS4 than any other Sims game of the past. But after those years Grant promised more TS4 content, I’d like The Sims 5 to be worked on in full gear right away. EA is capable of more.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I want to say no, but I'm like 80% sure I'll end up buying it like a year or two later.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    No.
    If the Sims 5 came out in 2020 I'd be ticked. We've spent SO much money in expansions, and I doubt they'd ever be able to release the amount of packs currently being demanded in that amount of time. When TS4 came out, a lot of players were upset because it felt "rushed" and "unfinished". The last thing they'd want to do would be to rush to get out Sims 5 in a year.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Not at first. I've only been playing Sims 4 since June of 2018, and only took a chance on it because of a $10 sale. EA definitely got that gamble right, as I've paid more than $100 for expansion and such since then. (I have...all expansions, one game pack, and two stuff packs. All were purchased during sales, but it adds up.) I REALLY LIKE Sims 4, but I know when it launched, vanilla, it was a much different and far inferior game. The nhood screen wasn't in color, and basic things I take for granted because of when I bought it -- like toddlers -- weren't there. Sims 5 would have to be three kinds of amazing for me to buy in the first year -- I literally cannot tell you the last time I bought a game on release. Best guess is Civ3 Conquests. That was in 2003.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I dont want the same disaster.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    No.
    Heavens no, if the speculations were to be true they've just barely started working on TS5. I don't want to repeat TS4 beginnings again, I don't want a rushed product. End of 2021 would be a sweet spot IMO if not beginning 2022. Assuming they plan to create a new engine for it, it takes time.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I would have to know far more about what this iteration will offer. As in doing my research. I don't believe Sims4 is anywhere near finished, yet, so I highly doubt Sims 5 will arrive next year. I think that is wishful thinking on the part of those who are so unhappy with Sims4, that they are looking ahead. I fear they've gotten too far ahead of themselves in this matter.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited February 2019
    No.
    Personally I wouldn't welcome Sims 5 anytime soon or know why I would want to. I'm nowhere near done with Sims 4 - I've invested so much in it and there's still so much to be added.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    It would depend. I would probably wait a month or two after release just to make sure I can find out what I can about it before I buy it. Watch a few reviews and lets plays, check the forums for bug reports and how fast the team responds with fixes. Then after all that, if I like what I see, then I'd buy it. Never going to buy a sims game on release again after this one.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn