Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,647 Member
    The multitasking isn't really multitasking. The sims can't do more than one thing simultaneously. If a sim wants to talk while eating, he/she has to stop eating to talk or stop talking to eat. Which results in eating a meal taking a very long time. Don't dare talk to your family at the breakfast table. Your sims will be late for school/work or start their day hungry. So I don't really see "multitasking" as anything in the game that can be claimed as a special ability.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's four years later and can anyone tell me what new emotions have they added? I don't recall any.

Multitasking was supposed to be the big thing about TS4 (other than these emotions) but can anyone think of something they added to bring new multitasking to the game since it's release? Like everyone goes on and on about how Sims can watch TV and eat at the same time, sure, but what amazing, new multitasking did they bother to introduce after the release of TS4. I thought the whole point was to build upon the foundation of this game...haven't expanded anything in four years has it? Honestly, I can't think of anything in the packs or patches.

It was supposed to be this amazing game where Sims could sit or move in ways they had never done before....o.k...what new amazing sitting position or movement have they added Since the release of this game? Nothing else since base game. They still can't sit on steps or on the arm of the couch or chair. Hello, they haven't bothered to improve the game with it's three main features of Emotions, Multitaksing and Movements and Posititons they could use. Yes, I begged for years for Sims to dangle their legs and feet in water (sit by pool) but there hasn't been anything revolutionary since the day the game came out. It's grown stagnant in those areas. After four years sitting watching TV and eating (which I heard is bugged now) no longer holds it's awesomeness does it? Shouldn't they have been working on more multitaksing (and I don't mean start and stop multitasking) for four years and not just stuff packs? To be honest they haven't brought out anything any of us could say omg, that's amazing, any game could have done what TS4 has been doing. The three major things (other than their CAS which also hasn't seen anything new, either) haven't received anything amazing to date since the day of release. I don't know about you guys but if you are going to sell me a bucket of promises, then you need to up your game, and amaze me for seven straight years. Because after four, the same ol same ol no longer cuts the mustard.

Wow, strong post.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    The multitasking isn't really multitasking. The sims can't do more than one thing simultaneously. If a sim wants to talk while eating, he/she has to stop eating to talk or stop talking to eat. Which results in eating a meal taking a very long time. Don't dare talk to your family at the breakfast table. Your sims will be late for school/work or start their day hungry. So I don't really see "multitasking" as anything in the game that can be claimed as a special ability.

I see this claim a lot and it's actually not true. The Sims can do more than one thing simultaneously. They can even learn skills simultaneously. I just had a Sim in my game go to the gym and turn on the cooking channel. She introduced herself to a couple of new Sims and chatted them up while still learning the cooking skill. When a treadmill was available, she used it and I went into her skills to look and, sure enough, both skills were developing simultaneously. She was, in fact, learning the cooking skill while gaining in fitness at the same time.

So multitasking may not always look like it's functioning, but the programming is in there and it is definitely a thing. But I will add that I do think that the idle animations, of which there are way too many, are what's actually interrupting the multitasking. And those are extremely annoying time wasters.
    #Team Occult
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2019
    It's four years later and can anyone tell me what new emotions have they added? I don't recall any.

Multitasking was supposed to be the big thing about TS4 (other than these emotions) but can anyone think of something they added to bring new multitasking to the game since it's release? Like everyone goes on and on about how Sims can watch TV and eat at the same time, sure, but what amazing, new multitasking did they bother to introduce after the release of TS4. I thought the whole point was to build upon the foundation of this game...haven't expanded anything in four years has it? Honestly, I can't think of anything in the packs or patches.

Well...when they added the hot tub, you could multi-task by soaking in the hot tub while socializing and listening to music. Obviously that was something added, seeing as hot tubs weren't in the base game. :)
    This is the case with most of the new activities added throughout as the game has received more content. Multi-tasking with the new activities has been added with it. Not sure what other multi-tasking you expect them to be adding, perhaps elaborate?
    It was supposed to be this amazing game where Sims could sit or move in ways they had never done before....o.k...what new amazing sitting position or movement have they added Since the release of this game? Nothing else since base game.

They have added new movement types since release as well. New dances were added, for example, in Get together. Other examples exist in various packs and I'm pretty sure new sitting has been added with various sittable objects introduced in expansions.

All of the above stuff is pretty low-key though and I don't disagree, they could do so much more than they do in regards to these sorts of things.

Reqarding new emotions, pretty sure they said at release that this wasn't something that was going to be added to. I could be remembering though.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member

It was supposed to be this amazing game where Sims could sit or move in ways they had never done before....o.k...what new amazing sitting position or movement have they added Since the release of this game? Nothing else since base game. They still can't sit on steps or on the arm of the couch or chair. Hello, they haven't bothered to improve the game with it's three main features of Emotions, Multitaksing and Movements and Posititons they could use. Yes, I begged for years for Sims to dangle their legs and feet in water (sit by pool) but there hasn't been anything revolutionary since the day the game came out. It's grown stagnant in those areas. After four years sitting watching TV and eating (which I heard is bugged now) no longer holds it's awesomeness does it? Shouldn't they have been working on more multitaksing (and I don't mean start and stop multitasking) for four years and not just stuff packs? To be honest they haven't brought out anything any of us could say omg, that's amazing, any game could have done what TS4 has been doing. The three major things (other than their CAS which also hasn't seen anything new, either) haven't received anything amazing to date since the day of release. I don't know about you guys but if you are going to sell me a bucket of promises, then you need to up your game, and amaze me for seven straight years. Because after four, the same ol same ol no longer cuts the mustard.

Multitasking is fine IMO, but they need to get rid of simulation lag which is really detrimental to it.

I'm more worried about how superficial emotions are, and how traits are so bland. A genius sim gets...a random +1 buff to focused....lol. Genius indeed! A revamp of traits, personalities and emotions is very much needed, also more traits, assuming they mean and do something.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    Archieonic wrote: »

Multitasking is fine IMO, but they need to get rid of simulation lag which is really detrimental to it.

I'm more worried about how superficial emotions are, and how traits are so bland. A genius sim gets...a random +1 buff to focused....lol. Genius indeed! A revamp of traits, personalities and emotions is very much needed, also more traits, assuming they mean and do something.

100% agree. The current BG traits need an overhaul! More unique animations and interactions need to be added and those traits need to be revisited. I also don't think two sims with the same traits get along better, I think it's totally irrelevant. When two foodie sims are talking about their favourite recipes, their relationship doesn't get high faster. Or when foodies interacts with gluttons they'll get along just fine even though they are opposites. Same with neat and slob sims. The neat sim doesn't even get angry with the sim that made a mess in the kitchen or the bathroom.

Or why a hot headed sim doesn't get angry when another sim does mischief interactions to him. It just doesn't make sense. Serious sims in TS2 hated being pranked and you had to have a very high relationship with them for them to play any sort of game with you.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

The emotion and traits system are so bad. We really need an overhaul on personalities, whims, traits, emotions as soon as possible cause it's such a disaster for the moment.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

100% agree. The current BG traits need an overhaul! More unique animations and interactions need to be added and those traits need to be revisited. I also don't think two sims with the same traits get along better, I think it's totally irrelevant. When two foodie sims are talking about their favourite recipes, their relationship doesn't get high faster. Or when foodies interacts with gluttons they'll get along just fine even though they are opposites. Same with neat and slob sims. The neat sim doesn't even get angry with the sim that made a mess in the kitchen or the bathroom.

Or why a hot headed sim doesn't get angry when another sim does mischief interactions to him. It just doesn't make sense. Serious sims in TS2 hated being pranked and you had to have a very high relationship with them for them to play any sort of game with you.

Yeah, that's such little details that make big difference. A neat sim should be angry when a slob sim talk with him. What I put in bold should be basic stuffs in a simulation life game. Why so many things have been done so wrong with this iteration. I just wish to have a proper Sims one day.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    I would say as an estimate 2 years and a half would be more than enough reason I am ready to move on to the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2019
    I didn't get TS3's Island Paradise either, because of all the complaints that I read about it.

It's been my experience that problems in TS4 that are over a year old still haven't been fixed. Sad to say, at this point it is becoming more and more evident to me that they never will fix them.

TS2 problems were always taken care of within a reasonable amount of time, but I don't think it's any coincidence that EA wasn't involved at that point in time.

The way things have been getting done since EA got involved is the biggest reason why I have little faith that TS5 will be a quality product that I will want to spend any money on. Really sad, in my opinion, of how this franchise has gone downhill in the last few years.

I did buy it and it would have been an perfect pack for me but even with an high end system I had experienced problems but it was more to do with how the Devs programmed IP and never really fixed it, There were mods that made playing easier but since I do not use mods in my game I just avoided it as I do with some of Sims 4 packs that I dislike. I also was angry as well because IP would have been fun to play in.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Well...when they added the hot tub, you could multi-task by soaking in the hot tub while socializing and listening to music. Obviously that was something added, seeing as hot tubs weren't in the base game. :)
    This is the case with most of the new activities added throughout as the game has received more content. Multi-tasking with the new activities has been added with it. Not sure what other multi-tasking you expect them to be adding, perhaps elaborate?
    It was supposed to be this amazing game where Sims could sit or move in ways they had never done before....o.k...what new amazing sitting position or movement have they added Since the release of this game? Nothing else since base game.

They have added new movement types since release as well. New dances were added, for example, in Get together. Other examples exist in various packs and I'm pretty sure new sitting has been added with various sittable objects introduced in expansions.

All of the above stuff is pretty low-key though and I don't disagree, they could do so much more than they do in regards to these sorts of things.

Reqarding new emotions, pretty sure they said at release that this wasn't something that was going to be added to. I could be remembering though.

Low queue is right. As far as dance moves, as I said, any other game could have done what TS4 has been doing and did. And let it be known TS4's dancing contests, or group dancing or whatever (with DJ etc) is borked and always has been...so again, not very amazing.

As far as low queue multitasking yes, you are right, but bad examples of where they don't think we would notice or pay attention, it's four years later and Sims still can't have conversations while fishing, or build relationships. Something TS1 could do in with other bland activies back in 2000. Nor can they build a friendship or speak at the same time they are bowling with another Sim, something they could do back in 2005.

I honestly think they don't get it. If they want to add previous features and activities then for goodness sake don't add half baked reincarnations.
    Three more years of half baked reincarnations of previous features or interactions or gameplay seems like such a waste of their time and talents. I know they can do better, someone needs to tell them in some meeting, NO, if you can't improve on that and make it worth downloading and buying then leave it out. Because their reputations are going down the drain. I don't care if they are making a billion dollars, as developers, they should be saying to themselves, but yeah, my work looks bad. ETA: And then it all looks like greed, and milking the public. And we all know that is EA's reputation. ETA: And we know EA has lived with that bad reputation for years, but now it's no longer EA but Maxis' reputation is starting to suffer, too. If they knew how customers really feel they might change direction with their products, money or no money, you can't get back a reputation.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • leave_blank77leave_blank77 Posts: 26 Member
    > @Stormkeep said:
    > Cinebar wrote: »
    >
    > It's four years later and can anyone tell me what new emotions have they added? I don't recall any.
    >
    > Multitasking was supposed to be the big thing about TS4 (other than these emotions) but can anyone think of something they added to bring new multitasking to the game since it's release? Like everyone goes on and on about how Sims can watch TV and eat at the same time, sure, but what amazing, new multitasking did they bother to introduce after the release of TS4. I thought the whole point was to build upon the foundation of this game...haven't expanded anything in four years has it? Honestly, I can't think of anything in the packs or patches.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well...when they added the hot tub, you could multi-task by soaking in the hot tub while socializing and listening to music. Obviously that was something added, seeing as hot tubs weren't in the base game. :)
    > This is the case with most of the new activities added throughout as the game has received more content. Multi-tasking with the new activities has been added with it. Not sure what other multi-tasking you expect them to be adding, perhaps elaborate?
    > It was supposed to be this amazing game where Sims could sit or move in ways they had never done before....o.k...what new amazing sitting position or movement have they added Since the release of this game? Nothing else since base game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They have added new movement types since release as well. New dances were added, for example, in Get together. Other examples exist in various packs and I'm pretty sure new sitting has been added with various sittable objects introduced in expansions.
    >
    > All of the above stuff is pretty low-key though and I don't disagree, they could do so much more than they do in regards to these sorts of things.
    >
    > Reqarding new emotions, pretty sure they said at release that this wasn't something that was going to be added to. I could be remembering though.

Emotions and multi tasking have always been in the sims. In TS2 they would have depressions and even mental breakdowns. In TS3 you could sit in the hot tub, chat, drink and listen to music all at the same time. What has changed is the UI now tells you it's happening unlike in previous versions. Also the number of activities for multi tasking have increased, like painting and talking. It's just marketing an improved UI, nothing really new here.

Some functions do function better from a functional standpoint. CAS and the club system have much improved functionality. But so much of what made The Sims THE SIMS have been stripped out, personality and depth. Sims are the core of the game, activities are just different ways for them to interact. They stripped so much life out of them you can not really call it a "life" simulation anymore. It's more a tool for story bloggers to take screen shots. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it is marketed as a life simulation game, not Poser.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I want to say as much as I love the sims 2, They too took forever to eat when sitting down with the family lol. I think that's realistic and I have no problem with it because sometimes conversation can get carried away. 🤷
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • VaidaVaida Posts: 35 Member
    To be honest I am a tad disappointed with TS4. It is innovative in the multitasking part, yes, and it makes the gameplay fun, but at the same time it is annoying, when you try to make your family and guests sit at the table and have holiday dinner, and suddenly they all get up and switch places. Why?
    And it's been a feature since the start, it's been almost five years, and sims are constantly changing places. And it could be fixed so easily by adding control buttons (like a lock on when they sit at right places). I wouldn't mind lack of content, if the content that has been added already had been added well, and much of it is not well implemented unfortunately.

Frankly speaking, I don't have good feelings about EA's Maxis Sims 5 either. If anybody thinks that new installment on The Sims series will be delivered better than it was then I have bad news. Look at how they have been wasking down the amount of content in latter installments.
    The Sims 1 - expansion packs.
    TS2 - expansion packs and stuff packs.
    TS3 - expansion packs, stuff packs and paid items at the Store,
    TS4 - expansions, game packs, stuff packs.
    For me it looks like TS5 will have some sort of micro transactions like we might've seen in other games by EA.

I hope that's not the case, but I would prefer to stay with TS4 for now so they release a few expansions, patch the stuff that needs to be patched and then introduce new installment.
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
    Pathing is much improved, but still isn't optimal. Also, after clearing the "sleep" task, my sim still takes "forever" to get out of bed after woohoo'ing. Just a couple of things that come to mind that really annoy me.
    Pathing is much improved, but still isn't optimal. Also, after clearing the "sleep" task, my sim still takes "forever" to get out of bed after woohoo'ing. Just a couple of things that come to mind that really annoy me.

Yeah, I noticed that a few years ago. I haven't updated or played my game since Parenthood. I saw another thread and wanted to ask a question here, is culling still a problem with the townie friends? That was also extremely annoying. I know they patched it a few times before I quit, however, is it still a problem if your Sim dates or see a townie (without putting them in a house for safe keeping) the game will still delete them? I remember it might not if the friendship was high enough, but how long is that good for? Do players still have to put non played Sims in houses to keep them from being culled?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I've never had a problem with culling due to my playstyle. I never play a save long enough for culling to happen in my game. Once I have reached level 10 in my career and accomplished the aspirations that I like to do, I get bored with the game and start over with a new save. TS4 just doesn't hold my interest. I don't find myself "falling in love" with my sims. Maybe because they just lack the "soul" that somebody else mentioned. They are so predictable with every sim reacting to their environment in pretty much the same way. No real personality. Hopefully, TS5 will be able to keep my interest like TS2 and TS3 did.
    edited February 2019
    I want to say as much as I love the sims 2, They too took forever to eat when sitting down with the family lol. I think that's realistic and I have no problem with it because sometimes conversation can get carried away. 🤷

Neat Sims eat a lot slower in TS2. But yes, the problem with TS4 is it adds another layer, standing up to hug for no good reason, and switching seats, they must have thought the convesations were so shallow they needed to make sure Sims would do other things while eating to drag it out (So we wouldn't notice these Sims conversations don't jive).
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I didn't get TS3's Island Paradise either, because of all the complaints that I read about it.

It's been my experience that problems in TS4 that are over a year old still haven't been fixed. Sad to say, at this point it is becoming more and more evident to me that they never will fix them.

TS2 problems were always taken care of within a reasonable amount of time, but I don't think it's any coincidence that EA wasn't involved at that point in time.

The way things have been getting done since EA got involved is the biggest reason why I have little faith that TS5 will be a quality product that I will want to spend any money on. Really sad, in my opinion, of how this franchise has gone downhill in the last few years.

I did buy it and it would have been an perfect pack for me but even with an high end system I had experienced problems but it was more to do with how the Devs programmed IP and never really fixed it, There were mods that made playing easier but since I do not use mods in my game I just avoided it as I do with some of Sims 4 packs that I dislike. I also was angry as well because IP would have been fun to play in.

Isla Paradiso has a few problem lots and, in my experience, once removed from the game the world no longer lags, stutters and freezes endlessly. What some don't realize is that routing in TS3 isn't really bad at all though it needs improvement, yes. The majority of routing issues are caused by bad layouts in residential and community lots. The other routing errors are when animals or Sims can reset and/or spawn in unroutable areas or when objects break that Sims keep trying to use or when too many Sims are present causing a routing backup/small areas and not enough space for the footprint of objects and/or Sims or using move objects on (moo) irresponsibly, etc. There are many other reasons for poor performance and not necessarily the fault of the game itself.

The more players are aware of the limitations and how routing works, the less issues they will have surrounding it when building or using others builds whether from the official team or players. It's not difficult to learn at all and is useful for any Sims game.
    Isla Paradiso's World Fix for lag/stutter/freezing.

I had the same problem and I solved it. All you ned to do is go to edit town and delete some houses. You need to delete houses of the households below:

Ichtaca
    Scott
    Los Amigos
    Medina

If it still lags, then remove those houses as well:

The Romantic
    The Prince

Just delete those houses and move sims living in them somewhere else. Or just delete the sims as well.

I hope this helped.

By BlueSpaarkle

After following that above I recorded this video some time ago. There is some lag because I'm recording on ShadowPlay and the game is also using the GPU but without recording it runs smoother in my experience. Bandicam is better for recording and I don't get as much recording lag.
    https://youtu.be/MZfGDCoFf2U
    https://youtu.be/RecjZIs6N-E
    https://youtu.be/eGZxSsm5sUc

===

There is also a world fix you can download here: http://modthesims.info/d/514909/islaparadiso-world-with-fixes-applied-update-2013-11-29.html
    Personally, that did nothing to solve the lag, stutter or freezing. However, some has said it helped them.

The emotion and traits system are so bad. We really need an overhaul on personalities, whims, traits, emotions as soon as possible cause it's such a disaster for the moment.

Because I need to stay on topic...otherwise.

An overhaul on the emotion and trait system isn't going happen. Are babies ever going to become actual Sims? It's too much work and like I already said would be pointless as it would be more time consuming and taking up more resources for something that is apparently not the focus for the direction of the game.

In general.

Multi-tasking is not innovative in TS4 and is not new either. It was always there since 2000, simplified...yes. TS2 improved and expanded, TS3 improved and expanded and TS4 kind of improved but then went more awry than anything from what I read. Smartest Sims and best game engine ever! :mrgreen:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrIPxlFzDi0

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

Neat Sims eat a lot slower in TS2. But yes, the problem with TS4 is it adds another layer, standing up to hug for no good reason, and switching seats, they must have thought the convesations were so shallow they needed to make sure Sims would do other things while eating to drag it out (So we wouldn't notice these Sims conversations don't jive).

Good point 😂
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    edited February 2019

I have to disagree about multitasking is fine. No, it's not. Like my Sim needed to eat, and get to work (doctor) I wanted him full when he arrived at work. However, he spent his time looking at the pot rack in the kitchen rather than eating, but there was no point at all for him to stop eating and stare at the pot rack, and why is that? Because fun was full, so, the game does this stuff to make us think ooh, ah, look, how cool, nope, it's annoying and if he needed fun, sure but keep chewing, but it wasn't necessary. This game is all smoke and mirrors.

Edited for clarity.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member

I have to disagree about multitasking is fine. No, it's not. Like my Sim needed to eat, and get to work (doctor) I wanted him full when he arrived at work. However, he spent his time looking at the pot rack in the kitchen rather than eating, but there was no point at all for him to stop eating and stare at the pot rack, and why is that? Because fun was full, so, the game does this stuff to make us think ooh, ah, look, how cool, nope, it's annoying and if he needed fun, sure but keep chewing, but it wasn't necessary. This game is all smoke and mirrors.

Edited for clarity.

That's why I said they need to fix simulation lag. I run a simulation lag fix mod and my sims seldom waste much time at all doing that. The game likes to stop interactions during those pauses and simulation lag extends those hold times to absurd amounts.
    edited February 2019
    I thought I had said just about everything but boy was I wrong. Finding TS4 now heads into story driven gameplay, just ends this series for me. The entire series. Sure, the next pack, next week, is only one pack. But it tells me these developers have again listened to those who love RPG games , questy games, console versions of the series that never had much to do with sandbox. Laptop versions of spin offs like Sims Life Stories, etc. where you followed a script. I'm sure they thought it was a great idea, but to those dinosaurs out there who know this only dissolves the series into something it was never meant to be, I now am convinced TS5 or whatever will also be the worst version of the series, and the days of sandbox developers who understood The Sims' concept are long gone.

ETA: See my signature.

ETA: I just read the guru said we have to play the story in order not to play the story or have it removed from that town. What? and they don't want to force players to play the weirdness or the story but you have to play the story......if this is sandbox then someone please rescue me.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I thought I had said just about everything but boy was I wrong. Finding TS4 now heads into story driven gameplay, just ends this series for me. The entire series. Sure, the next pack, next week, is only one pack. But it tells me these developers have again listened to those who love RPG games , questy games, console versions of the series that never had much to do with sandbox. Laptop versions of spin offs like Sims Life Stories, etc. where you followed a script. I'm sure they thought it was a great idea, but to those dinosaurs out there who know this only dissolves the series into something it was never meant to be, I now am convinced TS5 or whatever will also be the worst version of the series, and the days of sandbox developers who understood The Sims' concept are long gone.

ETA: I just read the guru said we have to play the story in order not to play the story or have it removed from that town. What? and they don't want to force players to play the weirdness or the story but you have to play the story......if this is sandbox then someone please rescue me.

So, so glad I never spent anymore of my hard earned cash on any Game Packs, Stuff Packs or Expansion Packs trying to make the base game more like the previous versions.

So glad!

• SeloBeeSeloBee Posts: 177 Member

I agree wholeheartedly, it's so sad to see this series go in the direction EA is trying to take it. They think they're doing such a great and innovative job turning this game around 180 degrees, but to (most of) us long-time simmers and fans, it's truly heartbreaking. I hope one day another company can take this idea/playstyle and do absolutely amazing things with it and NOT change direction or "visions" of the game, just stay true to what it is from the beginning. I'm really curious about this news though, do you have a link or anything that you could share? I'd like to read this blasphemy for myself lol
    The world is quiet here
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top