Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming, Supernatural, or Tropical Vacation, Depending on Age?

12346...Next

Comments

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Tropical Vacation, less than or equal to 18
    I both want supernaturals (witches, to be precise) and tropical vacations, but I went with tropical vacations because it's just of higher priority for me right now. I just want a place for real holidays. Selvadorada is for adventurers, not for families or honeymoons. Granite Falls is just too boring with simply nothing to do. I would love if a tropical vacation pack would come with hotels like in TS3 (but less buggy). Also, I would simply die for a world like Sunlit Tides.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    Definitely supernaturals, notably witches, secondary werewolves, tertiary mermaids. I think it's fun to have a bit of magic and craziness in the game, and it opens the story telling and fantasy immersion in the game a little more.

@soko37 Vampires and Aliens aren't enough. Aliens are barely qualified as supernaturals due to a rather limited set of abilities and social skills. Vampires are great, but for me, and I know many others, they feel incomplete without the other two parts of the major supernatural trifecta - witches and werewolves. For some reason, I need all 3 to exist so I can create rivalries of clans, and plus each of these 3 supernaturals tends to have major thematic differences from each other. Vampires ooze aristocracy and disdain. Werewolves are wild and rugged. Witches are whimsical and intellectual. There's just so much potential for interactions between the 3 types. As for the other supernaturals, I'll take what I can get. I do suspect we'd get werewolves after witches, and then most definitely plumbots or robots in general at some point, since they've also been a pretty big staple in the series. And no one liked zombies as they were in TS3, so I do suspect that they'd not return as a random disaster under the full moon. And as a side note, I believe you could shut off zombies if you shut off the moon cycle in gameplay in TS3.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    Out of the given options I'd want a Tropical Vacation the most.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    I really don't care if its mundane, I love to have sims live out regular, but happy lives :smiley: So more cool , but family inclusive things like Tropical worlds with activities would be nice!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Tropical island, 39+. to me it would be the most fun. I'm not huge on magic or witches, and we've already got vampires, so supernatural wouldn't appeal to me so much because I really only want werewolves now, and maybe zombies if they are contained to their own zombie apocalypse world. Farming though is something I also really want, but it's more things to do as opposed to more fun. Which isn't a bad thing in of itself, it's just very different than Tropical island. But I definitely want both.

This.

We need beaches and swimmable oceans first especially since Seasons is out. We also need more pool items.

Yes! Those things are number ONE on my list! Especially pool expansion! :smiley:<3@catloverplayer
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    Farming, less than or equal to 18
    Howdy all!

Farming, since we don't get enough from Aliens in Sims 4- little lone real life- and would be pretty cool to produce resources that you earn money for a career/business, and not have to leave the lot that you're on for hours on end. Would be something interesting. Imagine... Milking cows/cow plants, feeding: chickens, pigs, horses, and sowing the seeds, it would be major scale gardening, to have apple orchards, peach, pear, grape vineyards, dairy farming, sheep shearing. It would need to add horses to ride, just like in Sims 3, only you can round up cattle and all that. Doing it on different terrain would be amazing. Seeing crop circles, which is art on your property that people can come and visit you about such as the MIB but the Sim version of course, depending on your Sim traits they will love it or hate it, you can contact them by making signals on your crops, as well as doing the telescope thing.

Having: silos, and barns would be a pretty cool thing to add too, windmills, water pumps, pitchforks, rocking chair, old home design with a tin roof, a scarecrow, waterholes (maybe, like a pool), nature surrounding you with trees, bushes and shrubbery, and a spectacular country side as far as the eye can see over hills, planes and maybe a river or two through a whole valley, and hearing the crickets at night, under the clearest of skies, gleaming with stars.

For people who think that is too much work, there could be an option when they add robots you build to do work for you (wouldn't suit the pack idea), or have the rest of your family helping you around the farm. Or friends doing you favours. Or people you pay to run your farm and then it's a business, all you do is sit back and relax. All it could use is the gardening and handiness skill, and possibly a bit of athletics. As long as you can do most, and if not all of everything, within the day, just before night falls. You could have teenagers running a muck and fooling around in the fields, could have crooks sneaking around the fields too, escaping the police, or just a ticked off neighbour wanting revenge to take out your extraordinary quality crops.

Could have the sheep dog unlocked from Pets expansion so you can, chase them away, or round up the sheep and other cattle. Could even farm llamas, which should sell better than sheep, cause their fleecy wool is quite soft. Could add a new game to play (in Sims 4, with the Sims)- to avoid the risk of guns being too violent- have a sling-shot instead, and it's literally duck/bird hunt in the fields. Which adds more for mischievous skills and abilities too.

And if they ever add more than just Vampires, you could have Warewolves roaming the fields or barn/farm at night- to see a naked Sim run away in embarrassment by morning. Or even a witch/witches doing a ritual out 'in the middle of nowhere' to do something, and you can stop it and etc. I would really like to see a lumberjack skill, where you could enter competitions, and it would be a max of 5 levels to learn (getting faster, and more efficient chop/saw), where there are chopping/sawing competitions, hammering in fences and fixing all kinds of things from tractors, sprinkler/water systems, to electric fence systems. Could have a few songs added to the radio to get into the swing of things, clothing item accessories such as a pipe, straw hats, dirtied work clothes, gloves, etc. It could be so much more!

Could add a new trait or two, a maybe a skillset, for looking after farming, like 'Animal Husbandry' or ' and all that. It would literally be like running a small zoo, which they should seriously add also, and I would adore it. More than just fish in the sea, is a good saying to think of. Got so many ideas... I remember a game called 'Sim City Societies', there was a lot of intricate detail in that game that impressed me, which I would like to see bits and pieces of in this game, but instead of you looking from the outside, you are inside running the joint. Which is awesome!

Just a shame no one else wants this too. :(

Take care all!

- C
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Shannon0206Shannon0206 Posts: 4 New Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    Would definitely love a tropical vacation where there's options of renting a villa or booking a hotel room and holiday activities like water parks etc
  • Spixx88Spixx88 Posts: 2 New Member
    Farming, 19-38
    Farming, witches, singing career, and University, having the teacher career would be so fun, and going to University was always my fav as well as being a witch and making magic happen and the singing career. But farming would be really fun with different animals to tend to, looking after your fruits and vegetables to sell to town, there is so much they could do with farming and University.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Farming, 39+
    We could always have universities that teach Magic, Farming and History rather like Get to Work! Each with it's own new World.

A bit too much to ask?
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 39+
    I would probably say tropical vacation with the option of a castaway theme. I would also like supernatural, especially witches and werewolves. As for farming I could take it or leave it.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    Definitely Supernatural first, though not in one pack unless they all got the Vampire treatment. I want witches, werewolves, zombies (S2 style), I'd even take fairies! Oh yes, and real plantsims. I think it's ridiculous for a Sims game to only have 2.5 occults in 4 years or so. After that, I'd like University (though it's not on the list), Farming and then maybe Tropical Vacation. Guess it would give my sims something to do in the winter.
  • Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    although farming does sound like a unique expansion. I've always loved exploring the magic expansion packs. I don't think it should be like the sims 3 supernatural though.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Farming, 39+
    So, I'm a nerd and did a bit of parsing, here.

Total respondents as of today is 418. 11% are 18 or younger, 71% are 19-38 and 18% are 39+.

Among those 18 and younger, Supernatural got 47%, followed by Tropical at 38% and Farm at 15%.

For the 19-38 group, Supernatural got 45%, Tropical 32% and Farm 23%.

For us older folks, there was no clear favourite: Supernatural barely edged out at 34%, with Farm and Tropical equal at 33% each. (It was a difference of two people.)

A 'something else' category might have been useful with the 39+ age group. Supernatural seems to be the clear favourite among YAs (it would be interesting to see how it would fare against University). It got 47% (its strongest response) among the 18 and unders, but if you look at the actual numbers, it only got 4 more votes than Tropical.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    I just really, really want werewolves and witches back (and hopefully fairies, and if we get tropical then I hope it includes mermaids), new life-states are always fun.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Tropical Vacation, less than or equal to 18
    I'm not big on Supernatural, the way I see it we already have Farming to some degree and I would personally get more use out of Tropical Vacation.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Farming, 19-38
    Definitely Farming!
    a256aFi.gif