Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited February 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Master

LOT: 206 Scott Avenue
    LOT COST: 2000
    LOT NAME: Civic Cliffs, Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: 117,990
    TOTAL COST: 119,990
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/jjlg5vH

ENTRY DETAILS: 206 Scott Avenue boasts low maintenance landscaping with synthetic grass and drought tolerant plants. Both units are duplicate, just the way the twins like it.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/glenn.crozier.7

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    kvndplx.png
    6F6NPUR.png
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    edited February 2019
    Well...crapcakes. I'm locked out of my Wordpress account, and their account recovery page didn't give me a time frame for when (or if) I'd get it back. :/ Looks like I'm sitting out another round. :(

EDIT: Thanks so much for the extension, @BuildnShare ! Slideshow link will be up ASAP - getting Wordpress sorted out now. <3

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #112 - Seeing Double
    FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Seeing Double the Fun 2
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby (Newcrest)
    GALLERY COST: $117,250
    TOTAL COST: $118,750
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS112 - Seeing Double (Lot)
    ENTRY DETAILS: This modern duplex is the perfect new home for twins looking for fun! Business in the front, party in the back, with full (identical) amenities in both units. This is a great addition to any modern neighborhood. With a total of four bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and two half-baths, there is enough flexibility for a wide range of uses and needs. The pool area in the rear gives you all you need for a great party - whether it's swimming, lounging poolside, barbecuing, or even randomly starting things on fire (including yourself) with the firepit!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, no mods, MOO
    TWITTER TAG: @IslandheartArt
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: No longer use Facebook
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    seeingdoubletitlecard.png
    02-06-19_7-36-22-pm.png

Post edited by SimsIslandheart on
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Yikes! I'm so sorry you're locked out. @SimsIslandheart. Your one screenshot looked great and I'm sure the rest of the build is great.
    image.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Well...crapcakes. I'm locked out of my Wordpress account, and their account recovery page didn't give me a time frame for when (or if) I'd get it back. :/ Looks like I'm sitting out another round. :(

I see that your build is already uploaded to the gallery, so we're happy to give you an extension until you hear back from Wordpress if you like. Just go ahead and fill out an entry post with your build link and add the showcase link when you have things sorted with them :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    You have a couple more hours to get those builds in! I'm off to bed and will post the new challenge in the morning <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
    5nd1sli.png
    #BnS#112 Seeing Double is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2019
    ehQarDH.png

Ready for a blast from the past? We are firing up the WAYBACK MACHINE and dusting off a vintage Sims 3 challenge from Week 50 - the very first year of the Sims 3 BuildnShare challenge. Buckle up and go back in time with us!

You weren't sure where to look. The couple in front of you seemed to have forgotten you were there. Sitting in front of you on the opposite couch were The Meronas, Carlos and Betty. Newlyweds, of course. They were entwined around each other now, Betty in Carlos's lap.

It started with some simple affectionate patting as they started to explain how they had decided to have a modest wedding and set that money aside to have a honeymoon retreat built. "Somewhere romantic," Betty had said as Carlos rubbed her knee.

After informing you that they wanted a secluded, romantic hideaway and how they only had a budget of 35,000 simoleans, you looked down to jot down some notes. By the time you looked back up, Betty was in Carlos' lap and they were in full "make out" mode.

You tried clearing your throat softly at first, but they continued. After a few more moments, you decided to just get up and leave them alone for a bit.

Brief:
    • Budget: 35,000 [gallery cost]
    • Size: No larger than 30x20 lot
    • 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath
    • Be sure to pick a lot that will work well for a romantic getaway
    • Lot cost is not a factor in this challenge.

Sim Challenge:
    Create Carlos and Betty Merona as sims and take pictures of them on their honeymoon! Share their traits and outfits as well as candid shots with us.

Room Challenge:
    Carlos and Betty want a cozy dining room for romantic dinners! Budget: 10,000
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    $35,000 budget :D *wipes sweaty forehead*
    @BuildnShare - are rental lots in Granite Falls and Selvadorada allowed for the Love Shack?
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    edited February 2019
    Post edited by Allears on
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited February 2019
    ;-) looks fun
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited February 2019
    @BuildnShare, seeing the cost of alI the other entries I think I misunderstood the total cost in the brief. So, sadly, my duplex is over budget :(
    Should I fix that?
    I could easily change the TVs for cheaper ones.
    Post edited by 13Vader on
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited February 2019
    @BuildnShare can we use the lots from the vacation worlds? and if so, how do we get the price for them? They can't be made residential to get the lot cost.

@Cerrydd just re read your comment, I see we are in the same mind set lol.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited February 2019
    Where do I look for the Original " Sims 3 challenge from Week 50 - the very first year of the Sims 3 BuildnShare challenge" Entries ? This would be interesting to see....

Also a Romantic hideaway- This does not have to be tropical,or beach like ? right, It can be a snowy by the fire place kind of thing or something else..?
    Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    Oh, I'm excited, I used to do some sims3 builds for this challenge, but I think I never did one Sims4.

My question is: does the shack have to have dining, kitchen and living room?
    edited February 2019
    13Vader wrote: »
    @BuildnShare, seeing the cost of alI the other entries I think I misunderstood the total cost in the brief. So, sadly, my duplex is over budget :(
    Should I fix that?

Yes, if you can. That way you don't lose points for not following the challenge requirements :)
    Kementari wrote: »
    @BuildnShare can we use the lots from the vacation worlds? and if so, how do we get the price for them? They can't be made residential to get the lot cost.

@Cerrydd just re read your comment, I see we are in the same mind set lol.

Yes - good question! I'll make a change in the entry form to show that lot cost is not a factor in this challenge so that those can be used.
    Where do I look for the Original " Sims 3 challenge from Week 50 - the very first year of the Sims 3 BuildnShare challenge" Entries ? This would be interesting to see....

Also a Romantic hideaway- This does not have to be tropical,or beach like ? right, It can be a snowy by the fire place kind of thing or something else..?

Here ya go :)
    lionpaws wrote: »
    Oh, I'm excited, I used to do some sims3 builds for this challenge, but I think I never did one Sims4.

My question is: does the shack have to have dining, kitchen and living room?

If it is not listed in the challenge description or brief, it's not technically required. But the judges will be looking for an overall functional lot, so as much of that as you can include the better.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Everyone, please note the changes to the brief:
    • Budget: 35,000 [gallery cost]
    • Size: No larger than 30x20 lot
    • 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath
    • Be sure to pick a lot that will work well for a romantic getaway
    • Lot cost is not a factor in this challenge.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Woo! I just netted another $2000 for landscaping! <3 Thanks for eliminating the lot cost issue! <3
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    With that increase, I might just move my build. I like it, and I like the current lot, but it doesn't give me much room for landscaping.
    image.png
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Is the cost of the lot counted in the 35,000 budget?
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Is the cost of the lot counted in the 35,000 budget?
    It's a Gallery Cost.
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    13Vader wrote: »
    Should I fix that?
    Yes, if you can. That way you don't lose points for not following the challenge requirements :)
    Done! I fixed the lot and the slideshow. :)
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited February 2019
    FORUM ID: Swchepppes
    ORIGIN ID: Swcheppes
    LEVEL: Esablished
    LOT: Love Shack
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Mid-Nowhere
    GALLERY COST: 33,490
    TOTAL COST: 34,990
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Love Shack
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is the perfect place for that high paced city living couple to come to recharge their romance while unplugging from their everyday life. The one bedroom is detached from the rest of the house creating a type of intimacy and privacy any couple would crave. While you'll be spending most of the time in the bedroom there is a quaint kitchen with everything you'll need to refuel you for other activities. The spa like bathroom is the perfect place for a candle lit soak, to relieve those sore muscles. A cozy living space is ideal to Netflix and chill or if you'd rather slow dance to your favorite Babyface song. All in all this getaway is just what every couples should experience once in their relationship.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes to constructive criticism
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used (MOO was used while building)
    TWITTER TAG:
    N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK:
    N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    a2N6E7s.png
    bmiBqw6.png
    Post edited by swcheppes on
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @swcheppes I guess we better keep up!
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #113 - Love Shack
    HOUSEHOLD: Merona
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS113 - Love Shack (Household)
    ENTRY DETAILS: Carlos and Betty Merona are young newlyweds very much in love. This frugal couple saved on their wedding to have a very special home built for their honeymoon getaway. Away from all the worries of the world, it’s just the two of them – just the way they like it.

How a mailroom technician met a dirt digger is anybody's guess, but Carlos and Betty have been inseparable since they met. These two were lucky enough to find their soulmate early on, and they're making the most of their new life together.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No Mods
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    loveshacksimtitle.png
    02-09-19_3-40-13-pm.png
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #113 - Love Shack
    ROOM: Romantic Dining for Two
    GALLERY COST: $6,130
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS113 - Love Shack (Room)
    ENTRY DETAILS: Chocolate-covered cherries? Devil’s Food cake with rich, black cherry icing? Wine and cacao? Whatever it reminds you of, this cozy dining room is sure to heat up your hunger – for both food and romance. Elegant space illuminated by warm light from above and golden sunlight through designer windows makes this the ultimate in getaway dining for two.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No Mods, MOO
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    loveshackroomtitle.png
    02-09-19_3-37-15-pm-1.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights