Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are there tables with no matching chairs?

SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
My pet peeve!! Just found a lovely table but no chairs to match! :s:s:s Why do they do this to us!😭😭 The table I’m using is from the laundry pack and the only chair I found from the pack doesn’t even match it
Edit: oh Lordy, just checked for a sofa with a matching loveseat😵😵

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    it's one of the mysteries behind this game :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    It could be easily solved with a furniture customization similar to what was in TS2, where you could customize the wood grains or the cushions individually. Far too often have I too been frustrated by the ill matching woods of table and chair or sofa and living chair.
  • Options
    emluckysunshineemluckysunshine Posts: 58 Member
    My pet peeve!! Just found a lovely table but no chairs to match! :s:s:s Why do they do this to us!😭😭 The table I’m using is from the laundry pack and the only chair I found from the pack doesn’t even match it

Lol!! Oh do I know the pain on that one!! Just last night I was decorating a house I built and used that exact table only to find it took me about 20 RL minutes to even find a chair that looked just ok. & I still didn't like the outcome!! :s I agree, it's one of the mysteries of the game. I can't for the life of me figure out why they will make a "matching" sofa, loveseat, & chair only to have 1 look slightly different than the others. I'm all for accent furniture, but it can be almost impossible to match things if that is the look you're going for. :#
  • Options
    emluckysunshineemluckysunshine Posts: 58 Member
    It could be easily solved with a furniture customization similar to what was in TS2, where you could customize the wood grains or the cushions individually. Far too often have I too been frustrated by the ill matching woods of table and chair or sofa and living chair.

Yes!! & the woods, too!! It can be such a pain when you're trying to furnish a room and really like a look you have going, only to find 1 of the woods is slightly darker or lighter!!
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes and windows and doors! Using 2 or 3 kinds of windows and/or doors in a house and finding that the colors don't match :flushed:
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yeah, it's a real shame when the swatches don't match.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I find it's the same with many things in the Sims 4, clothes and other types of furniture etc.
    It actually spoils my buildings and sims.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Desks and chairs. Jackets and slacks. Hats and any clothing. Shoes and any clothing.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Bedrooms and dressers... and why can't we pick bedding separately to the bed colour?

And why oh why do carpets and curtains all carry the same limited colour range?
  • Options
    mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    For real!! Sometimes I spent at least 10 minutes trying to match pieces of furniture but they end up not completely matching
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited February 2019
    It's like one team has gone off and done the tables... wonderful things that have been created, and another team on the opposite side of the world has gone off to do the chairs... again, wonderful creations ... --- but neither has been spoken to by the director and they have no idea of the others' existence --- hence totally different swatches for totally different designs.

I don't think anything encapsulates this point more than gates and fences... how much more discongruous can you get than these?!?!?!

Communication... maybe a word that the dev managers can place into their somewhat limited vocabularies...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    Yes and windows and doors! Using 2 or 3 kinds of windows and/or doors in a house and finding that the colors don't match :flushed:

The windows as well!! I found a window that takes up three tiles and wanted to use two tiles, it’s it two tile counterpart is much taller than it.
    aldavor wrote: »
    It's like one team has gone off and done the tables... wonderful things that have been created, and another team on the opposite side of the world has gone off to do the chairs... again, wonderful creations ... --- but neither has been spoken to by the director and they have no idea of the others' existence --- hence totally different swatches for totally different designs.

I don't think anything encapsulates this point more than gates and fences... how much more discongruous can you get than these?!?!?!

Communication... maybe a word that the dev managers can place into their somewhat limited vocabularies...
    I imagined them sitting at the conference table and saying in a evil smile >:) let’s make tables and not match them!! >:)>:) and then everyone starts laughing :D:D

Bedrooms and dressers... and why can't we pick bedding separately to the bed colour?

This too! Love a cute bed from C&D but the blanket styles aren’t really my liking. Rarely do the curtains I pick, fit my windows, and when the do, they don’t match with their coloring, so I mostly avoid curtains
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I also become peevish at the lack of colour matching. There are some beautiful pieces of furniture that I love the look of but have not used even once, as they don't go with anything. I have never been good at creating an eclectic theme, so for me things must match.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member

Yes!! & the woods, too!! It can be such a pain when you're trying to furnish a room and really like a look you have going, only to find 1 of the woods is slightly darker or lighter!!

So true. I've ended up adjusting my plans or just using the closest match I could find after putting several different colors of two or more items side by side to see which looked best together. I don't like mixing across packs because that just makes it even harder to find matches.
    image.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2019
    They need to update the swatches, they are so bad.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I like to think that sometimes in real life, you can't easily find tables and chairs that match unless it's like a set. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Yes, we really do need more choice of bedding, and for it not to be tied to the frame colour.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

Yes, we really do need more choice of bedding, and for it not to be tied to the frame colour.

Me too as I tend to choose the Cordelia beds so that my Sims get a good night's sleep. Why are the children's bed so uncomfortable too?
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

Me too as I tend to choose the Cordelia beds so that my Sims get a good night's sleep. Why are the children's bed so uncomfortable too?

I know :( I think, if they ever include a sewing machine with a sewing skill, we should be able to have sims sew new blankets in a wide variety of colours and upgrade the lower-level beds with nicer bedding to improve their sleep quality.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

And the limited colour range of one item cannot match the same range for another - if you have a choice between green, blue, grey and pink for each one, one will have a dark green and the other a lime green. If you have a long window in front of the house, and smaller windows on the side, you will not find long and short curtains that match, nor can you match a two-tile curtain to a three-tile curtain.

And, say you pick something simple - a white or black theme for your decor. How can two white items be a different colour, you think. And you end up with some objects that are obviously grey (even though the swatch showed white).

They're messing with us. There is no other explanation.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    See, this is why I have over 4,000 cc build/buy items.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    This is easily my biggest pet peeve in The Sims. It’s so frustrating when you’re designing a kitchen or dining room, you finally find a table that’ll look absolutely stunning, then there’s no matching chairs. AARGH!!! Happens on a regular basis with my style of builds.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

I would have to suggest that this is a tribute to Sims2, which is replete with gorgeous dining tables but chairs that only match in style but not wood color. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

Tell me how many parents out there in Reality Land can afford descent beds for their children? It's a conundrum.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

Tell me how many parents out there in Reality Land can afford descent beds for their children? It's a conundrum.
    But this isn’t reality, it’s a life simulator where’s there’s vampires, aliens, talking toilets and pregnancies only last 3 days. They can have all that yet still have uncomfortable beds for kids. I cannot accept “in RL” when it comes to Sims all the time