Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So about pyromaniacs and parenting...

I wasn't sure where to post this because it's kind of a story time :kiss:
You see, yesterday we received the news that Troy's(a child in my current household) younger brother was born, so after school I send him to visit his mom to meet the baby. Before he arrived I was already in the house wondering where the child must be, totally ignoring this suspicious looking snow pile...
RsjzHXb.jpg

Of course that was until I saw this alarming thought bubble coming from it...
Z6lzr7T.jpg

Then just when I was judging silently his mom, she decided to go for him and... well, wait for it.
PVMRGCn.jpg
79yrcw6.jpg
They had... a burn to death ghost baby buried in the snow :cold_sweat:
Now, I've seen lawn babies before plenty of times and snow babies as well. The thing here is the baby's father is Alan Stanley and he has the pyromaniac hidden trait... so either something really awful happened in that household :scream: (my conspiracy theory) or pyromaniacs sims can have burn to death ghost babies :cold_sweat:

What do you guys think? I've never played a pyromaniac sim so I don't know if the possibility of them having a burn to death baby exist but I do know that the fires they start aren't harmful.

For now I'm just considering rescuing this poor children from the hardships of winter!
zDZ4NFB.png
I have a Simblr

Comments

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Oh my!!!!!!!! I played with George Dean and he has the pyromaniac trait. So far, no baby burnt to death... I really don't know what triggered it. It's scary... and fascinating! I did not know babies could even die! A mod, perhaps?
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I am curious too!
    Trying for baby while having the undead buff from ghost potion can produce a ghost baby, in vanilla.
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Hejix Yeah, I do find it interesting, I've played multiple games with SP activated and this is the first time I see townies having ghost babies. I've read horror stories about how EA's story progression kills babies if the house doesn't have enough cribs but as far as I know those babies end up in the graveyard, not living with the family :cold_sweat: . Also, I think babies can't die, they're just taken by social services.
    I suspect Nraas Story Progression is at fault here, since this whole time the mod has been pushing Alan's story to be an arsonist because of his Pyromaniac trait but as I said before this is the very first time I see a ghost baby be born in the wild and I've been using this mod for years...

@Auroraskies I'm really curious as well :lol:
    I actually got the ghost baby badge with a ghost potion in vanilla, but the ghost is usually white.

I think I'm going to check on an earlier save where the mom was still pregnant and see if the same result happens, I doubt it will but I'm just so curious I can't leave it alone lol
    Post edited by lowpolygal on
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Now I want my pyromaniac teen to age up and have a baby.

About the same pregnancy being run again though- I did that once expecting identical babies. They were very similar but were not exactly the same. But it will be interesting to see your result
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2019
    This is an amazing surprise (yet a real sad one too when you think about it for a moment.... :( ). My experience with ghost babies in general is that the game decides right before they are born if it’s a ghost or not (unlike gender and hair colour that are determined at an earlier stage during pregnancy).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KustridarenKustridaren Posts: 21 Member
    That is intresting. Also how could the mom leave the baby in the snow? woulden't the social service come and get the baby because it's out in the snow?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2019
    That is intresting. Also how could the mom leave the baby in the snow? woulden't the social service come and get the baby because it's out in the snow?
    Only if its needs bottom out and stay there. This doesn't typically happen with inactive (not player controlled) households because the game itself tends to step in and do things like take care of sims' basic needs and protect those younger than children.

I don't know exactly what happened here, but neither EA's nor NRaas' versions of story progression are well known for going around killing babies. I would be more inclined to think it was born that way. Isn't there a song that goes something like that...? ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    igazor wrote:
    Isn't there a song that goes something like that...? ;)

"Baby I Was Burned This Way" ;)
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Ziristha wrote: »
    I wasn't sure where to post this because it's kind of a story time :kiss:
    You see, yesterday we received the news that Troy's(a child in my current household) younger brother was born, so after school I send him to visit his mom to meet the baby. Before he arrived I was already in the house wondering where the child must be, totally ignoring this suspicious looking snow pile...
    RsjzHXb.jpg

Of course that was until I saw this alarming thought bubble coming from it...
    Z6lzr7T.jpg

Then just when I was judging silently his mom, she decided to go for him and... well, wait for it.
    PVMRGCn.jpg
    79yrcw6.jpg
    They had... a burn to death ghost baby buried in the snow :cold_sweat:
    Now, I've seen lawn babies before plenty of times and snow babies as well. The thing here is the baby's father is Alan Stanley and he has the pyromaniac hidden trait... so either something really awful happened in that household :scream: (my conspiracy theory) or pyromaniacs sims can have burn to death ghost babies :cold_sweat:

What do you guys think? I've never played a pyromaniac sim so I don't know if the possibility of them having a burn to death baby exist but I do know that the fires they start aren't harmful.

For now I'm just considering rescuing this poor children from the hardships of winter!

What about the mother was she a ghost? If she was there's a 50/50 chance the baby will inherit her occult state.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    "Burned to Death Ghost Baby" is my next Sims band name.
  • TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    "Burned to Death Ghost Baby" is my next Sims band name.

I kept giggling as I read the story especially the "suspicous looking snow pile" and "i was silently judging the mother"
    giphy.gif
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I am so curious on how your experiment went! And if you have any other mods that could explain it, like AM or 'Supernatural babies - children of the full moon' or any else. :smile: