Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I want to collect my family's dead when they die so that I can put them in the family graveyard and I want to do it without having a mod. I rotated to a family who I hadn't played for a while and found the mother and father dead and all the children now elders and on the point of passing on. I found the mother's urn by the front door but cannot find the father's anywhere. It's a large three storey mansion and I've looked everywhere. He must have died at another lot.

I'm thinking, Could we be told, on the Family Tree perhaps,where the Sims died so that we could collect their urns in our inventories to take home please?

Is that too difficult?
Post edited by Simburian on

Comments

• Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I'm surprised that a graveyard or mausoleum still hasn't been added to ts4. It's getting a bit old as a computer game since it was released almost 5 years ago, but finally adding in a graveyard for the dead to automatically be interred would be a convenient way for us to find our dead sims... (or a mortuary... I'd love to play as a mortician... think of all the crazy makeup you could put on dead sims).
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I so agree with this suggestion. I added a graveyard/church/crypt lot in my game and go to get urns when anyone blood related to my active household dies. It is often impossible to locate them though so I had to resort to using a mod that lets me bring the urns to my active sims. Would be so nice if the game instead had the feature so I would not need to use a mod for it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I so agree with this suggestion. I added a graveyard/church/crypt lot in my game and go to get urns when anyone blood related to my active household dies. It is often impossible to locate them though so I had to resort to using a mod that lets me bring the urns to my active sims. Would be so nice if the game instead had the feature so I would not need to use a mod for it.

Agree: Just a note on his family tree. I know he died of old age as it states. Why not put where.
    @Bagoas77 I'd like a graveyard too. I'm wondering, if it is so popular here, that it is to be part of a particular EP or Gamepack in the future, maybe a supernatural one.
  • SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    The weird thing is that there is a graveyard in Forgotten Hollow but it's only decorative. They were so close! :(
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    SimmerBoi wrote: »
    The weird thing is that there is a graveyard in Forgotten Hollow but it's only decorative. They were so close! :(

Unfortunately, there's just so much in ts4 that's only decorative and doesn't really add anything to the gameplay.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    I want to collect my family's dead when they die so that I can put them in the family graveyard and I want to do it without having a mod. I rotated to a family who I hadn't played for a while and found the mother and father dead and all the children now elders and on the point of passing on. I found the mother's urn by the front door but cannot find the father's anywhere. It's a large three storey mansion and I've looked everywhere. He must have died at another lot.

I'm thinking, Could we be told, on the Family Tree perhaps,where the Sims died so that we could collect their urns in our inventories to take home please?

Is that too difficult?

I wish we could do this as well. Seems wrong not to be able to bury your sims family members all proper like we've previously had options to in former Sims games. We need the mausoleum to pick up our dead like previously.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »

Is that too difficult?

I wish we could do this as well. Seems wrong not to be able to bury your sims family members all proper like we've previously had options to in former Sims games. We need the mausoleum to pick up our dead like previously.

Nice to see you back @Writin_Reg <3

I'll be annoyed if I find they've gone off and are haunting somewhere else! I do miss the Mausoleum where they could get a bad fright and cemetery where they would sit down and talk to the dead at night.
  • UserMnk1116UserMnk1116 Posts: 19 Member
    Yes, PLEASE! Or have their tombstones sent to their family... or something.
    I started a new legacy when I got Get Famous and my legacy died at one of the studios (unfortunately I can't remember which gig I accepted and she had just gotten there). I had her son go through the actor career and do every gig and I could not find it. I know in the past if a sim died at the science lab, for instance, you could go back and get it with a sim in the same field. I don't know what is more frustrating.. not knowing where your sim died and having to look all over for them or knowing where your sim died and not having any contact from their ghost or being able to find the grave lol

Is that too difficult?

I'll be annoyed if I find they've gone off and are haunting somewhere else! I do miss the Mausoleum where they could get a bad fright and cemetery where they would sit down and talk to the dead at night.

Thank you - for the welcome back. It's one day at a time for now. I so miss the Mausoleum - as you could ask the keeper there for missing urns and often get them so you could bury them where ever. I always loved going to the grave yard and conversing with the dead as I fished for death fish - etc. I used to get Alexander his first part time job there after school when he reached teen - it seemed fitting for a Goth. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited January 2019

Is that too difficult?

Thank you - for the welcome back. It's one day at a time for now. I so miss the Mausoleum - as you could ask the keeper there for missing urns and often get them so you could bury them where ever. I always loved going to the grave yard and conversing with the dead as I fished for death fish - etc. I used to get Alexander his first part time job there after school when he reached teen - it seemed fitting for a Goth. LOL.

Just think. Our sims could go into the Mausoleum in First Person Mode and we could see for ourselves the horror that lurked there! :o This is where Sims 4 fails I think, at the start of life with babies and the end with urns. Both need work.

I try to find humour in it but in my Latest Save with full populations the Sims are dying like flies.
    That's why I turned off all aging. It is a pain they cannot age up normally - but it beats having them die and me not know it that often results in me having no tombstone or grave for them.

Yes babies also need more interactions - right now they sort of remind me of baby dolls instead of a life stage - so I can agree with that as well.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    A graveyard would be perfect. I tend to put one in all my saves now and move the tombstones there for played sims.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    If for some reason they can't add in tombstone teleportation and a mausoleum they should atleast add a indicator that shows YES THERE IS A DEAD PERSON ON THIS LOT. We already have that feature with babies so why not tombstones?
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    think of all the crazy makeup you could put on dead sims.
    Thats kinda morbid. I LIKE IT
    EMrBkJP.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    I totally disagree with this idea I much prefer seeing sims in mygame living forver and never aging
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    I totally disagree with this idea I much prefer seeing sims in mygame living forver and never aging

You are welcome to play your way but the game does allow ageing so we should get the full set of options with it. Some of us like to truly respect all phases of life and mourn our Sims when they die. :'(<3o:)
    edited January 2019
    How about a change to those messages saying someone you have never heard of being dead to one of your own housed Sims and which house they occupied.
    eg: Alf Armstrong of Agave Abode, Oasis Springs has died at home or wherever he did die. Could add - do you want to send his ashes home, yes or no. If yes they could be put inside his front door or he could possibly become a ghost at the Gym, Museum or such.

If we did get an actual cemetary lot we could get the option of sending him straight there. Some people may not want ghosts haunting their own home!
    How about a change to those messages saying someone you have never heard of being dead to one of your own housed Sims and which house they occupied.
    eg: Alf Armstrong of Agave Abode, Oasis Springs has died at home or wherever he did die. Could add - do you want to send his ashes home, yes or no. If yes they could be put inside his front door or he could possibly become a ghost at the Gym, Museum or such.

If we did get an actual cemetary lot we could get the option of sending him straight there. Some people may not want ghosts haunting their own home!

Well it was an option where you picked up a dead sims urn at the mausoleum if you wanted it - to pocket and move to where ever you wanted. If you did not pick it up - you could bury them in the grave yard or send them to the Netherworld, or do nothing at all - unless you pocketed them and took them away.

It was all about options - where as right now we haven't any options most of the time. They were never forced on you really if you did not wnt them to be. I really like choices myself.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    For any of you willing to use mods, LittleMsSam's mod for "Release all the ghosts/get urn for" adds options to all tombstones/urns that function pretty much the same way that the Mausoleum did in past games. https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412396783/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small

Totally agree with the need for this to be added to the base game itself, but in the interim the mod does do a nice job.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I learned something recently about tombstone generation. My sim had moved out of her childhood home, and then my sim's mother died, but there was no urn/tombstone left at her mother's lot. There was something about this particular lot that prevent the urn/tombstone from being generated.

The lot also had my sim's father's tombstone - he died while my sim was still living there. After some testing, I learned that because I'd used the "moveobjects" cheat to move some grass around her father's tombstone, that prevented her mother's tombstone from being generated.

From a previous save, I removed the grass and other objects around the other tombstone (my sims's father) and then when the mother died, the tombstone was generated properly - well, actually intersecting the father's tombstone. I guess the game wanted to place the tombstones near each other and couldn't because of my use of MOO.
    edited January 2019
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I learned something recently about tombstone generation. My sim had moved out of her childhood home, and then my sim's mother died, but there was no urn/tombstone left at her mother's lot. There was something about this particular lot that prevent the urn/tombstone from being generated.

The lot also had my sim's father's tombstone - he died while my sim was still living there. After some testing, I learned that because I'd used the "moveobjects" cheat to move some grass around her father's tombstone, that prevented her mother's tombstone from being generated.

From a previous save, I removed the grass and other objects around the other tombstone (my sims's father) and then when the mother died, the tombstone was generated properly - well, actually intersecting the father's tombstone. I guess the game wanted to place the tombstones near each other and couldn't because of my use of MOO.

Useful to know @Pegasys I didn't use moo etc. Maybe the hall was too small though for both.
    I got struck by a death in the family again today. I had made a family of 8 adults and given them all their own houses. Now they are dying off one by one but which one where? The notification is too quick to fade and my families are all sad and wanting to sleep it off in bed.

Problems like this get more difficult to solve if you have a huge population with most lots filled.

It's about time for a graveyard. It reminds me of SimCity Rush Hour when you are reminded to get one for your grieving population!
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    If you click on the notification wall you can see messages that have faded, for what it's worth. Clicking on the sim's picture will even move the camera to the sim if it's possible, although if they're dying in a different zone you're out of luck, yeah.

Also, check the household inventory ... I've sometimes had urns show up there after someone dies in a different zone.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I'm surprised that a graveyard or mausoleum still hasn't been added to ts4. It's getting a bit old as a computer game since it was released almost 5 years ago, but finally adding in a graveyard for the dead to automatically be interred would be a convenient way for us to find our dead sims... (or a mortuary... I'd love to play as a mortician... think of all the crazy makeup you could put on dead sims).

We need a graveyard lot. Huuugh I'm so tired of this game having so many important features missing...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited February 2019
    I made a small cemetary for my Sims in Windenberg under the high wall and one of my Sims took her mum Hazel's urn there along with the family so that they could mourn her and engrave an epitaph on her headstone. I have since found it useful for another family whose dad's urn I couldn't trace. They went there and mourned Hazel! It seemed to satisfy them. (I loved the original example on the headstone - "I told you I was dead").
    I made the plot Generic and given it a Haunted, dog friendly and Gnomes traits to keep it tidy, plus a public toilet and hope the ghosts can haunt there. I'm not sure if they can haunt outside their family home.

A strange thing-- On going back to another family who've been dropping like flies (another eight). There are now three named headstones in their memorial plot in their large garden and I cannot remember putting more than two in! Who did that? :o