Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Of Course It Happens, When He's No Longer On The "Market"

GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
I have been intrigued about the possibilities of a Blind Date. My Sim is a Global Superstar (Rock Star) with the help of Road to Fame_Professional Singing Career. He started from nothing as a teen, except for high Charisma, singing and guitar skills. Made his way all the way to the top. He even had his phone number go out on the 'Net (Public Number Quirk). For that reason I wouldn't allow his friends who called to give out his phone number. Then I learned that sometimes your Sim will get an opportunity for a Blind Date by saying yes. So, since he's had a rather rocky road in his love life, I decided to start having him say yes. Still nothing. No phone calls offering to set him up. He finally meets a Sim that he's crazy about, to the point that he's risking his Pristine Reputation by telling some fans and Paparazzi to 'leave', since he can't control his weak knees and he knows she gets all upset when he reacts to such flirtatiousness. So, to keep his Lady Love happy, he asks the offending Sim to please leave. So far, he hasn't taken a hit on his reputation, thankfully.

He's just met her family, too. So, the wedding isn't that far into the future. It makes perfect senses to me, that right now, in my game, he gets a phone call from another one of my Sims, explaining that while they haven't met, he knows someone who is crazy about my Sim but is too shy. So, he's acting as a go-between. Would my Sim like to go out with her? Face/palm.

Of course, now is the perfect time, NOT. LOL

Please share your moments of very bad timing. :)

ETA: Fixed so many typos, it hurts. Drat these evil digits of mine!
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
Post edited by GalacticGal on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The worst timing that ever happened to one of my sims was not in this game, but in TS3 in Riverview. The wife was a celebrity, but her husband was not, he was one of those NPC firefighters (starting out). She was a long time friend with Bob Newbie. After she had been married to her husband for many years, and their children were nearly grown, she had an opportunity to earn some extra cash, because of her celebrity status. After completing it she was extremely tired, so I decided to have her to ask her friend Bob if she could spend the night at his home (the friendly version). He said it was ok, and she slept in a single bed, and absolutely no funny business happened.

Well, the next morning she went straight home to care for her family, her husband was very angry with her because somehow a rumor gotten started about her and Bob. He was so angry with her that he kept getting into fights with her (all on his own), and giving her a really bad beat down. Nothing she could do would convince him otherwise that she didn't cheat on him.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The worst timing that ever happened to one of my sims was not in this game, but in TS3 in Riverview. The wife was a celebrity, but her husband was not, he was one of those NPC firefighters (starting out). She was a long time friend with Bob Newbie. After she had been married to her husband for many years, and their children were nearly grown, she had an opportunity to earn some extra cash, because of her celebrity status. After completing it she was extremely tired, so I decided to have her to ask her friend Bob if she could spend the night at his home (the friendly version). He said it was ok, and she slept in a single bed, and absolutely no funny business happened.

Well, the next morning she went straight home to care for her family, her husband was very angry with her because somehow a rumor gotten started about her and Bob. He was so angry with her that he kept getting into fights with her (all on his own), and giving her a really bad beat down. Nothing she could do would convince him otherwise that she didn't cheat on him.

When I played this same Sim of mine, Erik Cantrell, in Sims3 he was my singer Sim. He married with a bit less drama, than this go-around, but the Sim kept placing their newborn son out on the front lawn of their home, at night, in the pouring rain. Broke my heart to hear that tiny infant wailing the way he did. She did this autonomously, and she wasn't 'insane', nor was it a routing problem. She just didn't like motherhood, I'm guessing. I immediately had Erik come home from his gig, instead of hanging out at a lounge to dance and unwind afterwards, which was his habit. He grabbed up the baby and put him in his crib. Then he argued with his wife over it. I was unsure of what to do at the time. I have played Sims since August of 2005, starting out with Sims2. I can count on one hand the number of divorces that have happened in my game over these ensuing years. I play my Values. However, Torrie did it again — all on her own. Again, I had Erik race home to rescue his child. The two fought again. This time I'm not sure that I instigated the fight or if Erik berated her on his own. What surprised me, is the state of their relationship. They hadn't gotten over the last huge fight. Next thing I knew the "Break-up" interaction was in the menu. I sat back in my chair and contemplated what to do. Then I decided the child's safety overrode my dislike of divorce. I had him break-up and immediately went into Edit Town, to move her into her own apartment, so she couldn't abscond with the baby.

Erik was a five-star celebrity, so of course the tongues wagged. I had him 'go to court' to sue for libel. (And he won.) After all, if he was the baddie in this break-up, why did he have custody of the child? His friends renewed their relationships with him.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/