Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi Everyone! Just doing catch-up on this site and to let you know I am still plugging away on this challenge. Enjoy! Comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

Survive The Insanity - Happy Hollow Asylum - Day 5 - Seasons in the Mix

ah-nah-didnt-get-me.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • SamuraiOctopiSamuraiOctopi Posts: 4 New Member
    Ahhahahaha, just discovered first person mode. Seriously; try the entire challenge on first person mode lmao
  • Younggamergirl_123Younggamergirl_123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was playing and everything was going just fine until.... my main sim got pregnant and then there was a fire and 7 sims died -.-
    @Younggamergirl_123 - Oh my gosh, so terrible. I had a fire at my asylum too and I thought my main sim was a goner, but he put himself out and 2 of the residents came running over. You must be using a Mod if you sim got pregnant because she wouldn't if the house had 8 sims living there.

Back to the drawing board for you, I guess, or perhaps you have an older save that you can use?
  • HepburnismHepburnism Posts: 33 Member
    I love this! will definitely be doing this with my sims!!
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @Younggamergirl_123 Oh no :open_mouth: I would have been so sad :'(
    to see all my Sims go poof in a fire. Like @Soulgal7 said it would either be an opportunity to start fresh or go to an earlier version of the save. Were all 7 Sims that died part of the household or visitors?
    Hepburnism wrote: »
    I love this! will definitely be doing this with my sims!!
    This is a fun challenge. I keep forgetting :innocent: to not control the other Sims :lol:

• bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    Oh my this sounds like a fantastic challenge!! Why i didnt find this earlier is beyond me. I have bookmarked and will have to try this at some point. Thank you for putting this all together. I'm eager to see how others are going throughout this challenge.
  • AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
    Well, that's one I'd never seen before. One of my uncontrolled sims stripped down and went out into the rain and washed/showered outside.
    I feel very sorry for the one lone vampire in my asylum. Her aspiration is Good Vampire but since I can't control her she has no access to plasma packs. She's earned a bad rep because she's forced to feed off one of the inmates when she gets desperate. Oddly enough, one of the two who despises her is a human whose life want is Master Vampire. Funny sims!
    I know it's gruesome to wish one of my asylum crew had perished but father winter showed up very flirty and my sim is romancing him. It would be a bizarre twist to raise a child in an asylum. I'd naturally have to give the child the erratic trait. I may do so after my sim finishes the challenge. Limit the beds to five, of course so even the child has to struggle to sleep. (Make the challenge my own!)
    Most of the erratic sims in the family are ok so far with the toddler but she saw one of them bashing "her" Blarfy and she got the want to hit that sim so I let her.
    I turned off Get Famous Fame acquisition before starting this game but find it disconcerting that my sims are earning "good person to know/good rep or bad rep" even with sims outside the asylum family. Complete anonimity would make more sense to me for such an isolated family. Sad I don't seem to be able to turn off the rep acquisition as well as the fame.
    Having a blast with father winter's child in my asylum variant game. I've never topped out all scores for toddlers and children (including parenthood.) before. I checked daily for after-school activities and they were never an option. Has anyone raised a father winter child who also finished scouting?
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Aspensong wrote: »
    Having a blast with father winter's child in my asylum variant game. I've never topped out all scores for toddlers and children (including parenthood.) before. I checked daily for after-school activities and they were never an option. Has anyone raised a father winter child who also finished scouting?
    I have not been lucky enough to have a child with Father Winter in my game .... yet.
    I found a solution to getting the scouting after school, oddly, because I've finished the asylum challenge and started a teen trailer park challenge and the teens needed jobs. You can select the after school activities from the phone under teen jobs. I wish I had known this sooner because I would have liked to get the added perk.
    EuphorialQueen, sorry to bother you but I have forgotten both the cheat code to set sims from CAS back to max level for their age and/or where your special room of de-aging potions can be found. My teens keep coming out two to four days aged into this phase and I'm doing the teen trailer challenge. I think I'm only going to get 2 of the four to the win condition due to a shortage of days. I'd like to try this again with your kind help. Thanking you in advance for your effort in this matter.
    No need to answer the above. They all aged to YA (by the skin of their teeth) with at least one win condition. I do need to remember where the elixer room is, though. I can go back and read through all the posts again.
  • MaddyMcMoodyMaddyMcMoody Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2019
    did anyone have a problem where the challenge stopped being challenging after a while? I played on hard mode but I still dropped it because it was going too well - my main sim was an absolute professional when it came to work, repairing things and snitching beds and after a chaotic start we sort of established a routine. The only thing I had to keep track of was her fun, because of all the work - so basically she was sex friends with all the other inmates lol that was just the quickest way (and I don't believe it's against the rules, is it?)

kgXzeX0.png
    Post edited by MaddyMcMoody on
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
    Definitely not against the rules (sex friends). Mine got too easy by the time she reached top of career and aspiration but I moved one inmate out and raised a child in the asylum to give myself a new challenge. Maybe you can switch it up to make it more interesting/your own.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    How about doing this challenge in Strangerville with seven erratic "fruit affected" roommates? I think that would be a unique and interesting way to complete the Strangerville mystery aspiration and play with the paranoid trait. We'll see! I did build a nice Carpenter Gothic inspired Asylum.

Strangerville Asylum
    GMebIRE.png
    QZt06uA.png
    EZJAJaD.png
    That is the outhouse on the right
    SjoNRaw.png
    Whether I end up playing it through or not is was really fun picky build. I think that is the most corbels I have ever used in a build.
  • Jezzic4Jezzic4 Posts: 4 New Member
    Is the main sim apart of the asylum or is it a normal person?
    edited April 2019
    @Jezzic4 - Hi, they are all erratic and part of the asylum.
  • Jezzic4Jezzic4 Posts: 4 New Member
    @SoulGal7 Thanks! I wanted to do the challenge properly!
    edited April 2019
    Jezzic4 wrote: »
    @SoulGal7 Thanks! I wanted to do the challenge properly!

@Jezzic4 - Here is a link to the asylum challenge that might be a bit easier to understand. Ask away in here if any questions. I am currently doing the asylum challenge myself, and sometimes have to check the rules again. lol

https://twinfinite.net/2017/08/sims-4-asylum-challenge/2/