Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I moved in with Father Winter--does that mean I broke him?

So, I had one of my sims move in with Father Winter, then set them up with a "workshop" house in world, but I belatedly realized that he's probably not the "real" Father Winter anymore? I set the household to unplayed and went back to my main, but does anyone know if the sim I moved i with will still function as Father Winter? Will he start aging normally and die? [iDid I just take his job away??[/i] I guess I'll just have to wait till next Winterfest and see, but I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with this, lol.

Comments

• FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Well, Winterfest came around, and sure enough, it was some new guy as Father Winter:'(. And I can only think of him as an imposter, lmao.
    8D8Oiee.png

Ugh, who even is this guy? He didn't even have a good father wintery sounding name, it was like "Jack McClery" or something, and also he refused to give my toddlers presents no matter how many times they asked! What the hell!

I'm so, so sorry OG Father Winter, I pushed you out and now this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 has your job. I can only hope maybe you're enjoying your "retrement" in the big "santa's workshop" home I got you :/

In an added twist to all this weirdness, the sim I originally had move in with the old Father Winter...is gone! I went to the household with the OG Father Winter, and it's just him! The other sim has vanished! Did he get culled?? I though putting a household in favorites was sipposed to prevent that! Ugh, my whole "moving in with Father Winter" has been a debacle from start to finish! Don't do it you guys! Even if he does have 500,000 simoleons!

Well, I'll miss you at Winterfest Clement Frost; you'll always be the True Father Winter to me
    wypyS7w.png
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member

If you don't like the new Father Winter, you could go to Manage Households and delete him. A new one should spawn. That is weird about your Sim disappearing. I wonder what would happen if you deleted Clement Frost, maybe a new "Father Winter Clement Frost" will spawn. I think you can add Father Winter's visit to a custom holiday, so you don't have to wait until Winterfest comes around again. I agree with you, the new Sim doesn't look Father Winter-y at all!

Also, apparently the refusal to give presents to a toddler might be a bug. I've heard other people mention this issue.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    If you don't like the new Father Winter, you could go to Manage Households and delete him. A new one should spawn. That is weird about your Sim disappearing. I wonder what would happen if you deleted Clement Frost, maybe a new "Father Winter Clement Frost" will spawn. I think you can add Father Winter's visit to a custom holiday, so you don't have to wait until Winterfest comes around again. I agree with you, the new Sim doesn't look Father Winter-y at all!

Also, apparently the refusal to give presents to a toddler might be a bug. I've heard other people mention this issue.

Some interesting ideas, I'll think about it! And yeah, I wondered if the toddler thing was a bug, that would make sense lol.

My sim disappearing is super weird tho and, get this: So, I'd actually saved the household before that sim got deleted, a "Father Winter and Son" household. He was a Father Winteer baby, that's why I was having him move in with him--so he could spend some time with his dad! But then he disappeared, so I decided to use the save I'd made and download him in back in. So then he was back, I had my Father Christmas and Son household (even if the Father Christmas was now "retired." I checked back later...and the son is gone again! Whoosh, vanished! It's super weird...has anyone else had something like this happen. Is there something about that one sim that makes him perpetually vanishing?

Anyway, I may delete both the Father Winters and see what spawns...I bit sad about y lost Winter Baby tho :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Shades of the "Santa Clause". All I know is my then teen Sim made 'friends' with Father Winter and to this day they still are friends. My Sim became a Global Superstar, and even if I don't include Father Winter in the list of invitees, sometimes he'll still show up at my Sims' concert. I don't know if he's still the active 'Father Winter' or not. The eldest children in the household my Sim lives in are only toddlers.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Hey, @Rococo1256, that was a really good idea, but it turns out the "active" Father Winter isn't in household management! I think I'll have to have someone move in with him too in order to delete him and get a new one, lmao :D
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Oh boy. Please let us know what happens @FanPhoria , this is turning out to be an adventure. "In Search of the Real Father Winter" :) Maybe one of your Sims can write a book about it once the mystery has been solved.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
    edited February 2019
    OKAY I HAVE ANOTHER UPDATE AND 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

So, New "Imposter" Father Winter's baby grew up, and I had her move in with him once she reached adulthood. Now, with the first Father Christmas baby I did this with, I got a notification "this sim is currently not in world, would you like to move them in now or later?" I picked now, and set them up on a lot. This time however...I didn't get any such notification, and when the load screen after moving went away, I was just back with my normal primary household. Fake Father Winter and his newly moved in offspring were still hanging around the house, but almost immediately the offspring left the lot...and is now completely gone. She's disappeared from everyone's contacts, just like the first Father Winter child did (I checked, and yeah, he's totally gone)! And Fake Father Winter is still there! And not in household management!! 🐸🐸🐸🐸!!!

I don't know what to do at this point, lol. I can't delete him from household management, and I'm scared to move someone else in with him and have them just vanish lmao. I guess I could...murder him somehow???

Oh god, what have I become :o
  • MavalyndMavalynd Posts: 4 New Member
    Love your story. I also have a former Father Winter as a playable character and have had a kid with him. I have him in a playable household, but the kid hasn't disappeared. My question is: Is Father Winter immortal?

I'm a rotational player and everyone in my world knows Gael Swift is Father Winter (they all made friends with him as kids so he'd give them presents). When he isn't working, he ditches the robe and will is a normal elderly NPC who will show up to parties under his real name. I'm into third generation, and hadn't noticed that while every single NPC is aging up and dying like flies, Father Winter has stuck around.

I was play testing my micro starter home that sleeps 8 singles. I combined eight random households of singles who were not in the world. I honestly picked sims I was either bored or annoyed with and was going to delete them all after I was done. A lot were elders. I hadn't been paying attention to money so I was shocked when I discovered that Mr. Swift had somehow acquired over 1 million dollars in assets... I guess he has to pay for those presents somehow. Now he gets retirement pay of $196 a day from being in the Father Winter profession. A new guy has spawned who looks like your imposter. I don't like him either.

I did my play test and was done, but... money. My first thought was to kill them off and let the survivor become a valued spouse for one of my regulars, making them filthy rich. I left the game running for a while, but nothing happened. So, I pool trapped a few folks, but it takes at least one game day for them to die.

New plan. Who needs money and a bunch of useless NPC's? Vladislaus Straud.

Why was I playing Vlad? I wanted to gift him some perfect plasma fruit trees from another household. I had thought if I controlled him, he could repair his friendship (and maybe settle what happens if a spellcaster and a vampire have kids). Despite the huge mansion, Maxis left him with just enough ready cash to cover one week's worth of bills. And he's unemployed. So, I now have six sims and dear old Vlad who manages to offend all of them. And because I’m bored, I have Gael Swift (former Father Winter) have a kid with one of the other residents.

Vlad is actually really good at baby care and got parenting to level 5. He was almost to best friend zone with the baby, but by the time she was a child had said enough unfortunate things the child didn’t like him. I have had a few sims who started out as adults age up to elder and die of old age, but Gael Swift is still going. So I have to ask, even though Gael Swift is no longer Father Winter, will he ever die of old age? I’m keeping this reality show going to find out.