Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Tubs in your Sim's Bathrooms

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    I find a way to add in a separate shower while also keeping the tub.
    @GraceyManor @Jillbg I remembered! RustyNail :)

(Didn't mean to hijack my own thread with that question. :p I blame my ADD for blurting it out. :lol: )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Sims bathe too slow in tubs, so I only have showers. :-P
    Sims bathe too slow in tubs, so I only have showers.

When I build my own houses, I will add at least one bathroom with a tub or an all in one. The master bath gets both a tub and a shower.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Whaddya say, removing all the tubs gave my sims back their free will! So no more bubble baths for families with big dogs! Pity, though.

Screenshot-x7038.jpg
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I replace the tub with a shower/tub combo.
    I always build houses myself, so I hardly ever have to deal with EA bathrooms (unless my sim stays the night somewhere, in which case I accept the situation as it is :blush: ). The reason I went for the combo, is that I always choose that because, like you say, it’s much faster and I’m the kind of simmer who considers eating and cleaning and sleeping and going to the toilet as important, yet minor gameplay. Meaning that I do value it in my game for life simulation reasons, but I don’t want it to take too much of my (and my sim’s) time. So, the shower it is, most of the time. And every now and then, on lazy sunday afternoons, I allow my sim a relaxing bubble bath ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    I went with tub/shower combo, but since I rarely play EA-built homes, it just depends on how much space there is in the bathrooms.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited February 2019
    @emorrill and @GraceyManor It's RustyNail, he's a wizard with really gorgeous and chic clothes by RL creators, mostly catwalk and red carpet quality... Eli Saab, Dior, Dolce and Gabbana, you name it :)

I have used quite a few of his dresses in this chapter of my blog! All the dresses Shasta is wearing are his :)

edit: I don't have ADD but my fingers type faster than my brain! Just went to page 2 and saw your post, emorrill! :joy:

5156517f2f7cc61f5400001d.jpeg

My favorite:
    ca7182f33e78cf79525beb94a6239527.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2019
    @jillbg
    Thanks like @emorrill I can't download, it says the links been disabled too many traffic requests.
    Does anyone have links to any of his clothes that work?
    Edit: how the heck did you access it? I can't get any downloaded and I want that long dress.

@emorrill
    I wish I never asked.I saw like 15 dresses I liked and can't access any of them.:(
  • Options
    @GraceyManor I downloaded his stuff when he still created for TS3... Sorry :/
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @jillbg
    I found links =)
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Maxis made houses are horrible insane nightmares. If I told you what I really thought of them, I'd get banned from the board for life.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I start most of my games with a single sim or a couple. So no children means no need for a bath. I use the cheapest shower available and upgrade as and when the sim can afford it. Eventually I fit a shower/bath combo when the sim starts a family.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Earcat wrote: »
    Maxis made houses are horrible insane nightmares. If I told you what I really thought of them, I'd get banned from the board for life.

Tell me in a PM @Earcat ! :smiley: I must hear it! (Since it sounds like you and I are on the same terms about it. :lol: )
  • Options
    I don’t necessarily agree there. Midnight Hollow for instance has some great houses. And Dragon Valley. Monte Vista.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I don't think the EA houses themselves structurally are nightmares, though some are unpleasant, but the decor... OH sweet simlords ... WHY are they so obsessed with decorating in poo brown, greeny brown the colour of split pea baby food, and tan ?? It's horrendous!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Earcat wrote: »

What you said.

The family I'm playing now has two adults & three teens. They have one bathroom with a shower/tub, one in the basement with a shower only, and two more of the all-in-ones from Into the Future. When they have a party, I add two more all-in-ones to the garage.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I don’t necessarily agree there. Midnight Hollow for instance has some great houses. And Dragon Valley. Monte Vista.

They have some good house exteriors. If I'm going to make my sims live in one, I'll basically delete the whole interior and rebuild it better.
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    My gamestyle is similar to many people's here. It all depends on the house and on the family.
    For instance, my current family lives in a swampy shack in Twinbrook. I removed the bathtub to have a shower. When sims can have bigger bathrooms, I enjoy having the shower and the bathtub separated so that two sims can clean themselves together. I haven't been using the combos in a while.
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    I'm missing a 'All of the above' option :lol:
    It totally depends on what I'm playing, some months ago I would replace the bathtubs with the shower/tub combo but recently I been finding them to be an eyesore, they're just plain boring boxes that don't give you much room to experiment with the surroundings to make pretty bathrooms :unamused: (Ok I'm just salty because I'm a potato when it comes to building :lol: ) . I wish EA would have given us a shower/tub combo like the one that comes with Dragon Valley but with a more conventional design so it would fit in more buildings :confused:

Now I sometimes just change the bathtub for a prettier one mostly because I made an habit of buying my sims the soap, the rubber duck and the candle so they can have a relaxing time for themselves :smile:
    If I feel like I don't want to waste time with the bath I do change it for an expensive shower or if it fits the combo.

zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I don't think the EA houses themselves structurally are nightmares, though some are unpleasant, but the decor... OH sweet simlords ... WHY are they so obsessed with decorating in poo brown, greeny brown the colour of split pea baby food, and tan ?? It's horrendous!

It's VERY 1970s. They want to give you something that you'll want to re-do, better, yourself. The looks are deliberately dated, and awful.

I like to have a bathtub as well as a shower, usually as separate fixtures. Where space is tight, as in this "under the roof add-on", I will use combined fixtures, but generally keep the two separate (and go for the highest end fixtures available).

9NCu2Y8.jpg

nFfH1IK.jpg
  • Options

@Pary

:joy::joy::joy:

I will admit I like earth-tones but...they need to be a lighter shade. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Indeed! I’ve always suspected that was because they thought we’d all love to attack it with CASt constantly (same goes for premade’s clothes). “Hey, we gave you this revolutionary tool, now use it”. Not how it works, well, not for me. I use CASt alright, if there’s one CASt addict it’s me, but not to go around town first changing premade houses.

ETA: yup, what @Sindocat says. It’s seventies at its worst by the way, it doesn’t even have vintage charm :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @jillbg
    I found links =)

@GraceyManor Cool! You'll love his creations in game! :)

@emorrill Did you see that? *frantically pointing at the quote* :smiley:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I agree with you, I think the tubs are like some luxory/spoily thing, at least in my mind, so it's funny that a house has a bathtub but not a shower.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I don't care and leave it the way EA built it.
    No shower? It's trueeeeeee! I never paid attention. *One insightful point for you! Hehe. These polls are instructive! :D* How can you live with only bath tubs? Urggggk. ;P I hate baths. My daughter loves them. I don't mind sims taking baths though. But not with the bubbles, until "tranquil". These DO take forever. Like, some people read and even sleep in their bath... I just... can't! I get the disgusted moodlet. :P
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I sell off the bathtub and the sink (who needs clean hands - only neat sims), buy the store 'keep me clean outdoors shower': cheap, does the trick, never gets dirty or gives a bad moodlet and sometimes gives a good one, exhilarating shower or something; and when the sim is more affluent I buy high point shower/tub-combos for the moodlets (yes to the duck), and fine, they can have a sink.