Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some pets (and some Sims) not aging

I recently got Pets and now some of my pets and some of my Sims, even though I have aging enabled, say that they "never" age. But it's not affecting all pets or all Sims in the household. And if I try to age them (using a cake), they don't show up in the list. I can age them using testingcheatsenabled, but they still don't start aging after that.

I do have some NRAAS mods, but they are all up to date.

I tried looking for threads about this, but each one seemed to refer back to the Sims3 site (which doesn't exist) and so I get a message that the page can't be found "even under the bed."

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2019
    I easily lose track of who has what sometimes, but are you using NRaas StoryProgression? That's the one with a flexible and usually more reliable aging manager that replaces EA's. And any mods from other sources that might affect aging (e.g., AwesomeMod, Buzzler's Aging Manager)?

The not available to age by cake thing sounds strange to me for human sims, but not for pets. I'm pretty sure pets don't age by birthday cake. But what about a Trigger Age Transition by way of MasterController? It's under MC > Sim > Intermediate.

If it's one household in particular that's being stubborn, you might try the old fashioned kind of deeper reset. Retreat to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the map, copy the uninhabited residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze, replace with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen and see if that forces things back into submission.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I easily lose track of who has what sometimes, but are you using NRaas StoryProgression? That's the one with a flexible and usually more reliable aging manager that replaces EA's. And any mods from other sources that might affect aging (e.g., AwesomeMod, Buzzler's Aging Manager)?

The not available to age by cake thing sounds strange to me for human sims, but not for pets. I'm pretty sure pets don't age by birthday cake. But what about a Trigger Age Transition by way of MasterController? It's under MC > Sim > Intermediate.

If it's one household in particular that's being stubborn, you might try the old fashioned kind of deeper reset. Retreat to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the map, copy the uninhabited residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze, replace with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen and see if that forces things back into submission.

I would *never* expect you to remember who has what mods! (I think that would take someone with highly superior autobiographical memory!)

I don't have story progression. I use Traveler, Overwatch and Errortrap (since the game is unplayable without those!) I occasionally put in MasterController, but I found that most of the time I can get the same things by using "testingcheatsenabled", so I use that instead. I suspect that's what you talk about for using the MC. (And although I can make them age that way, it doesn't re-enable them to age.) And I don't use mods from other than NRAAS (unless it's a specific one that you have recommended such as the Butterbot Canning Station one. I learned long ago that sometimes they conflict with each other if you mix makers.)

Unfortunately, I had already done the household thing you mentioned (because when one of them returned from getting her degree at University, no one would go to school or work.) It didn't change those pets or Sims unfortunately. (I don't household switch, so it is only that one household.) However, I did notice that I've been getting a lot of "stuck aging checks" for the same neighborhood sims, usually merchants. I wonder if it's related. And "resetsim" isn't working for my household problems or the stuck aging neighbors.

I guess my next step is to look at the NRAAS StoryProgression.

Thank you for your help! It is appreciated.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There is also Buzzler's Aging Manager mod from MTS for those who do not wish to have StoryProgression. Can't say it's as reliable, but many players have been happy with it. There really isn't a fundamental problem with mixing mods from different developers per se, some work hard to make theirs compatible with NRaas for instance, others don't touch any of the same game resources. But yes, conflicts can happen sometimes and are best to be avoided if possible.

The inability to go to school work upon return from travel or at other times ("it's not your sim's work day/time" when yes it is) can be fixed with an NRaas DebugEnabler command, Fix Homeworld.

It does sound like something is wrong with this ongoing game's aging manager, which is unfortunately common wihtout a modded version of it in play, but the issue with merchants might be different. If homeless Role Sims are allowed to age, and with no mod in play to control that, they may end up where they are overdue to age up and need to go off the screen to do so in private but can't because they keep getting pulled back to staff their role giving object with the net effect that they can't do either one. Overwatch will notice the overdue to age up condition and report on it, but sometimes it can't force the sims to age up because they are still being pulled in two directions at once. I still have this happen in my game sometimes, what I do about it depends on the Role Sims. If it's someone my sims and I don't even know, I might use MC (yes, that's MasterController) to Totally Annihilate (TA) them so they and their history are removed from the game entirely and they get replaced by someone else on their assigned station. Or I might use the same mod to shove their ages back down to where they are no longer overdue to age up, at least for a while. Not quite the same thing when we're talking about other residents or our own active sims, though.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net