Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your loading screen :)

13...Next

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Disabled
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    @Karritz Hmm, no. Or not the case in my experience since enabling it. I've had less error code 12's and crashing though I doubt that has anything to do with it and guess it helped using Kuree's Save Cleaner. Unfortunately, ever since then my game has been lagging and stuttering noticeably when it wasn't before. However, because I haven't reset the whole town in awhile it's possible a few broken objects, etc could be the culprit.

Also, I was surprised when I timed the game's loading time it was around 6:35 with interactive loading screens (without participating) compared to 9 minutes+. Again, I doubt that has anything to do with that though 9+ minutes was after using Kuree's Save Cleaner. Anyway, reading the disclaimer it says enabling interactive loading screens "may" cause longer load times. As others already mentioned, it depends on your computer. I would guess the same for memory usage and also how the operating system handles it as to whether one may or may not have issues.

I don't think I actually said everyone who has the loading screens enabled will experience Error 12. I was simply suggesting, if extra memory is used by the loading screens, then anyone who is subject to error 12 might experience it more often if loading screens are enabled.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Disabled
    @Stormkeep It only takes 2 minutes for your game to load????? Mine takes over an hour.
    Over an hour!? :o
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    Disabled
    @Karritz - And even that wouldn't be an issue if TS3 did a better job of "putting back" RAM it has used for various things like the interactive startup game once finished. But unfortunately it doesn't do that reliably, only sometimes. While 200-300 MB (players' experiences will vary) isn't really much, it's not helping if that amount remains tied up for no reason throughout the rest of the game session and yes, puts us that much closer to RAM overload and Error12s -- if the game session was ever going to approach the RAM usage danger zone in the first place.

If a long-running game session was never going to go over let's say 2.2 GB of usage for example, then 2.4 GB isn't going to matter but not all of our sessions always go quite that way.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Disabled
    igazor wrote: »
    @Karritz - And even that wouldn't be an issue if TS3 did a better job of "putting back" RAM it has used for various things like the interactive startup game once finished. But unfortunately it doesn't do that reliably, only sometimes. While 200-300 MB (players' experiences will vary) isn't really much, it's not helping if that amount remains tied up for no reason throughout the rest of the game session and yes, puts us that much closer to RAM overload and Error12s -- if the game sessions was ever going to approach the RAM usage danger zone in the first place.

If a long-running game session was never going to go over let's say 2.2 GB of usage for example, then 2.4 GB isn't going to matter but not all of our sessions always go quite that way.

Most of my games are so complicated that I'm always watching for it to hit 3200 MB and once it goes over that I know Error 12 is going to happen. It isn't every game because I manage it by reducing graphics settings rather than simplifying my games.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Disabled
    @JoAnne65 Yeah, I'm on a potato-powered dinosaur. And I was calculating from launcher to loading the actual save. The whole thing can take from 45 to 90 mins.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2019
    Disabled
    @MoonandStars83 I admire your patience and persistence. You are truely committed to this game haha. I thought I was doing tough back in the day when it was an 11 minutes long wait.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Disabled
    IN the beginning I had it on, but I got tired of it and have not had it on in a long time. years
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Disabled
    I keep it disabled nowadays. As most people say, it was cute at the beginning and got dull later.
    I usually load my game in windowed mode. If I'm not doing something else, I browse the web while the game is loading.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited January 2019
    Disabled
    I honestly didn't even know there was such a thing. I've always only used the loading screen that includes the tips, didn't know you could switch it.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Enabled
    I have it enabled simply because it doesn't bother me and because I never thought of actually disabling it, I might do it the next time I launch the game :hushed:
    As for the mini game, at first I did play it, but the novelty wore off quickly. I rather do something else while waiting, like a quick check on the forums, watch a short video on YT, get a drink/snack... etc. :smile:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    Enabled
    i get really bored waiting for the game to load so i have it enabled but i totally forgot abt the tips !! maybe i’ll disable it for a bit !!
  • buffyballoonbuffyballoon Posts: 67 Member
    Disabled
    I heard it makes your game lag from somewhere, that's why I have it turned off. I really like it though.
    sup.

giphy.gif
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Disabled
    Disabled. I love the tips than the game in the loading screen. :)
  • monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 256 Member
    Enabled
    I have found that by disabling mine, it tends to load slower! 😳
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    Enabled
    monjr8302 wrote: »
    I have found that by disabling mine, it tends to load slower! 😳

I think I'm discovering that too on my new computer. :confused:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg