Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book club - Open for nominations

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi. This week is a tasty read by @Jes2G but we can still talk about @Chrinnie's story too.

@Jes2G do you have a chapter for us? :)

you forgot to say which story. silly cog. :):):)

we don't know what the story is. That's why I'm asking @Jes2G . XD
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hi. This week is a tasty read by @Jes2G but we can still talk about @Chrinnie's story too.

you forgot to say which story. silly cog. :):):)

we don't know what the story is. That's why I'm asking @Jes2G . XD

oh i didn't know she hadn't picked one. i assumed it was done the way bugsies was. thats the one i picked :)
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member

Oh! It's my turn. Thanks for the reminder. Can it be two chapters just because they go together? They aren't long.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    If it's ok to do both, to save time, here they are! These are from Keeping Up With the Joneses.

1.) Robert & Lizzie
    2.) Being Robert Pancakes
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    If it's ok to do both, to save time, here they are! These are from Keeping Up With the Joneses.

1.) Robert & Lizzie
    Are you reading my mind? I was hoping you'd pick one of these. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »

1.) Robert & Lizzie

:D When CT and I were discussing her being the host, I told her I wanted to do one of these but I couldn't choose. It's like reading one half of a story! She said they shouldn't be separated because it's the same story. Hopefully that's ok.
    forum_final.png

• Options

1.) Robert & Lizzie

:D When CT and I were discussing her being the host, I told her I wanted to do one of these but I couldn't choose. It's like reading one half of a story! She said they shouldn't be separated because it's the same story. Hopefully that's ok.

yep that's fine. Good choice. xD
  • Options

1.) Robert & Lizzie

you mean choices. :)
  • Options

1.) Robert & Lizzie

you mean choices. :)

Yeah :D
  • Options
    If this is the first time you're reading this story, here is a little context.

Bob and Eliza live in the Courtyard Lane neighborhood of Willow Creek. There is a homeowner's association in which Eliza is the president. She has an unhealthy obsession with finding out everything there is to know about one of the neighbors, Mary Jones. At their last HOA meeting, Eliza said something about Mary's personal life that was supposed to be a secret. The whole neighborhood is mad at her for being rude, snotty, and controlling in general.

Eliza is also a Colonel in the detective career. Lately, she worked on multiple domestic violence cases, and they weighed on her.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @Jes2G I got some questions for you.

Who's your favourite character out of the Joneses?
    What do you enjoy most about writing it?
  • Options
    RosemaryMarieeRosemaryMariee Posts: 223 Member
    @Jes2G I love those two chapters. :smiley:

gen8-banner-landscape.png

Join the heirs as they tell their stories through diary entries in Noble Doubt!
    TS3/TS4/Origin ID: RosemaryMarie

• Options
    @Jes2G I got some questions for you.

Who's your favourite character out of the Joneses?
    What do you enjoy most about writing it?

That is such a hard question! I can't decide because I keep flip flopping back and forth between Eliza and Mary. Whenever I'm on a Pancakes rotation, I'm like "OMG I love Eliza and want to write about this family foreveeeeeeeer!" Then I get to the Jones rotation and I'm like, "OMG I love Mary and want to write about her foreveeeeeeer!" It's a vicious cycle LOL.

I love finding ways to include certain tidbits in the story like the backstories you don't know 100% about and the revelations I've gotten over time. I just love telling all of their stories!
    forum_final.png

• Options

Hey you! :smiley: Thank you so much for reading faithfully. <3 And seeing all my jokes! And listening to my endless gushing about everyone LOL.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Ok! I haz questions! :smiley:

Answer any of them you like despite what category they're in. Have fun!

New Readers:

1.) When Bob said he wouldn't give Eliza the option to not talk about the incident, why do you think Eliza was afraid yet proud?

2.) What do you think of Bob's former life as a basketball player?

3.) Reading these chapters back to back, do you feel like one could exist without the other?

Old Readers:

1.) Were you surprised at what happened to Eliza? Or, had you suspected her behavior stemmed from something in her past?

2.) If this conversation would have happened a long time ago, how do you think Bob could have gotten Eliza to be receptive?

3.) How did this look into their pasts shape the way you see them now?

4.) Before you read Being Robert Pancakes, did you have any theories on how their marriage lasted so long or why Bob stuck around?

Everyone:

1.) Do you think the exposition in Robert & Lizzie weaved through the chapter well? Were there some spots were it felt forced or thrown in for no reason?

2.) If you're a connoisseur of Sims lore, could you recognize the parents' from other games by the way I described them?

3.) Everybody seems to have opinions about Bob and Eliza in their own games. How does this version of them compare to yours?

4.) Which students in the background did you recognize?

5.) What do you think Bob and Eliza would be like today had they not met?
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Ok! I haz questions! :smiley:

Answer any of them you like despite what category they're in. Have fun!

New Readers:

1.) When Bob said he wouldn't give Eliza the option to not talk about the incident, why do you think Eliza was afraid yet proud?

2.) What do you think of Bob's former life as a basketball player?

3.) Reading these chapters back to back, do you feel like one could exist without the other?

Old Readers:

1.) Were you surprised at what happened to Eliza? Or, had you suspected her behavior stemmed from something in her past?

2.) If this conversation would have happened a long time ago, how do you think Bob could have gotten Eliza to be receptive?

4.) Before you read Being Robert Pancakes, did you have any theories on how their marriage lasted so long or why Bob stuck around?

Everyone:

1.) Do you think the exposition in Robert & Lizzie weaved through the chapter well? Were there some spots were it felt forced or thrown in for no reason?

2.) If you're a connoisseur of Sims lore, could you recognize the parents' from other games by the way I described them?

3.) Everybody seems to have opinions about Bob and Eliza in their own games. How does this version of them compare to yours?

drat now i have to look up what exposition means. and jes wonders why her nickname is troublemaker. :):)
  • Options
    Whatever lol. I'm stretching you!
    forum_final.png

• Options

i'm in the middle of that post right now so i have read about the actual incident yet. but i think shes afraid of confronting the meomory but proud hes making her. i'll finish that post and the next tomorrow. getting to dark for my eyes.
  • Options

Hey you! :smiley: Thank you so much for reading faithfully. <3 And seeing all my jokes! And listening to my endless gushing about everyone LOL.

I enjoy it immensely. haha Our sense of humor is very similar.

My Answers:

I will say I'm not 100% surprised although I didn't know exactly what her behavior stemmed from. I thought perhaps it had something to do with an event or events that traumatized her when she was younger. I think it makes total sense that she acts the way she does knowing what happened.

How long ago are we talking? If it's when Breanne was little, perhaps he could have use her position as a mother, meaning he could have told her she had an obligation to work through this either before they had children, or before it had an effect on their children. I'm not sure I see Bob doing that, though. lol

It was an "a-ha!" moment because I always wondered what had damaged Eliza so much to make her behave the way she does. I think it puts more perspective on Bob, too, as the quiet, supportive type. It sure was great finding out how they met. :smile:

No! haha No theories. I thought maybe he was just totally whipped, so it was nice seeing the depth of feeling he actually has for his wife.

Absolutely not. I thought it was put together perfectly.

Unfortunately, I'm not a connoisseur of Sims lore. I need to be, though! haha

I need to play Sims 4 more in order to answer this properly.

See #3. :open_mouth:

I think Eliza would be a mess, tbh. I can't imagine her life being anything like it is now. As for Bob, I think he would have found someone else and would be the supportive, quiet type with that person, too.

Great questions and one of my fave stories! xo

• Options

i'm in the middle of that post right now so i have read about the actual incident yet. but i think shes afraid of confronting the meomory but proud hes making her. i'll finish that post and the next tomorrow. getting to dark for my eyes.

Ok :)
    forum_final.png

• Options
    How long ago are we talking? If it's when Breanne was little, perhaps he could have use her position as a mother, meaning he could have told her she had an obligation to work through this either before they had children, or before it had an effect on their children. I'm not sure I see Bob doing that, though. lol

Oooooh, play the mom card! That's a good one. I can't see Bob doing it either LOL. They were both forced to confront this.
    It was an "a-ha!" moment because I always wondered what had damaged Eliza so much to make her behave the way she does. I think it puts more perspective on Bob, too, as the quiet, supportive type. It sure was great finding out how they met. :smile:

Yay! I'm glad it made things clearer.
    No! haha No theories. I thought maybe he was just totally whipped, so it was nice seeing the depth of feeling he actually has for his wife.
    HA! Yeah, he's usually whipped, but I couldn't roll with that being the only reason. You know me. I like for things to be realistic, and people aren't just whipped for no reason. He IS whipped though! LOL
    Absolutely not. I thought it was put together perfectly.

Phew! Thanks lol.
    I think Eliza would be a mess, tbh. I can't imagine her life being anything like it is now. As for Bob, I think he would have found someone else and would be the supportive, quiet type with that person, too.

For sure! Eliza would be a hot, stinkin mess. A tyrant! I think Bob definitely would have found someone else and be basically the same, but I wonder how happy he would be. He never would have found the courage to go to culinary school, so who knows what kind of job he'd have now.
    Great questions and one of my fave stories! xo

D'awwww thanks! :blush:

forum_final.png

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited February 2019
    Old Readers:

Yes I was. I had no suspicion.

I think the only way to get through to her would have been when she has a weak moment. Maybe when she's really tired after a day at work. He makes her favourite food, gives her a massage and when she's all mellow he would broach the subject. It still wouldn't guarantee a success.

Surprisingly before I read those two chapters, I thought Eliza was the stronger of them too and Bob just tagged along. Now I see it the other way round. Bob is the rock.

I thought Bob was one of those guys who doesn't ask much from life and can settle for little. Give him hearth and home and wooden spoon and he's a happy camper. I thought he preferred to follow than lead and was comfortable enough in the marriage not to look for more elsewhere.

Everyone:

The chapter flew well. I was too engrossed in the revelation about their past to notice.

I'm no connoisseur of Sims lore, it was all new info to me.

What other versions? I call this a canon from now on.

I noticed Mortimer Goth this time.

Eliza would have likely snatch some rich guy and live an unhappily life with him, trying to figure out where did she go wrong. Bob would have become a famous chef sooner. I believe putting Eliza's well-being first delayed his own success.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options

For sure! Eliza would be a hot, stinkin mess. A tyrant! I think Bob definitely would have found someone else and be basically the same, but I wonder how happy he would be. He never would have found the courage to go to culinary school, so who knows what kind of job he'd have now.:

That's a good point about Bob and culinary school. I didn't think about that but I see how that's definitely true. I shudder to think of what Eliza would be like without Bob. haha

Incidentally, I read above how you can't decide between Eliza and Mary as favorites. I've been the same way since the beginning but it wasn't until the chapter where Eliza realized how alike she and Mary were that I understood why it's so hard to choose one over the other. lol

• Options
    Yes I was. I had no suspicion.

Niiiiiice :p
    I think the only way to get through to her would have been when she has a weak moment. Maybe when she's really tired after a day at work. He makes her favourite food, gives her a massage and when she's all mellow he would broach the subject. It still wouldn't guarantee a success.

That's a good plan! I think that would be a typical move for a man lol.
    Surprisingly before I read those two chapters, I thought Eliza was the stronger of them too and Bob just tagged along. Now I see it the other way round. Bob is the rock.

That's an interesting way to put it. I like it. I think in certain situations, Eliza strength is very real. Like, at work. But, the rest of the time, it's a front. A very good, airtight front.
    I thought Bob was one of those guys who doesn't ask much from life and can settle for little. Give him hearth and home and wooden spoon and he's a happy camper. I thought he preferred to follow than lead and was comfortable enough in the marriage not to look for more elsewhere.

You know, I think Bob is very much like this, actually. That's probably why he waited so long. He didn't want to rock the boat. But, a while ago, she more or less gave him permission to lead more, and I suppose he didn't mind.
    The chapter flew well. I was too engrossed in the revelation about their past to notice.

Excellent! :)
    I'm no connoisseur of Sims lore, it was all new info to me.

I'm with ya. I had to look them up LOL.
    What other versions? I call this a canon from now on.
    Yaaaaaaas! :D lol
    Eliza would have likely snatch some rich guy and live an unhappily life with him, trying to figure out where did she go wrong. Bob would have become a famous chef sooner. I believe putting Eliza's well-being first delayed his own success.

Heh, her supposed old life sounds like Breanne's future if she doesn't wise up LOL. Ooooh, you think Bob still would have gone to culinary school? Interesting!
    forum_final.png

• Options

For sure! Eliza would be a hot, stinkin mess. A tyrant! I think Bob definitely would have found someone else and be basically the same, but I wonder how happy he would be. He never would have found the courage to go to culinary school, so who knows what kind of job he'd have now.:

That's a good point about Bob and culinary school. I didn't think about that but I see how that's definitely true. I shudder to think of what Eliza would be like without Bob. haha

Incidentally, I read above how you can't decide between Eliza and Mary as favorites. I've been the same way since the beginning but it wasn't until the chapter where Eliza realized how alike she and Mary were that I understood why it's so hard to choose one over the other. lol

Oooooooh, is that what it is? HA! I've always known how alike they are cuz I made them that way lol, but I never recognized that could be why I couldn't choose! Nice!
    forum_final.png