Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA to release 20 new content drops and Expansions in fiscal 2020

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Hmmm, more content versus features, I really do not care for the content as much as seeing some worthwhile features coming to Sims 4 like creation tools which this game for me sorely needs as I am tired of waiting for EA/Maxis to provide. :( Won't matter for I will be playing MechWarrior 5 shortly.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited March 2019
    20 ?

You can already remove 3 "content drops" :p
    1. GP02 Spa Day (Console)
    2. GP07 StrangerVille (Console)
    3. SP14 My First Pet Stuff (Console)
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited February 2019
    I imagine 5 PC packs, 5 Console versions and 5 major updates for The Sims Mobile.

Note: They already talk about FY20 then I don't think something will be released in February and March.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Free content sounds encouraging. Even with their frequent 50% off sales, I find it difficult to find content that I'd want to purchase. Especially if I consider many peoples' comments about actual gameplay content and/or the many bugs that manifest.

I would probably only be tempted to purchase most of current content if it was marked 75% off... and I don't see it getting marked down that much until ts5 is about to be announced.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited February 2019
    I imagine 5 PC packs, 5 Console versions and 5 major updates for The Sims Mobile.

Note: They already talk about FY20 then I don't think something will be released in February and March.

How does not talking about FY19 mean that nothing's coming out then? They would have previewed FY19 before FY19.

Question: Has anyone done a count for FY19 so far to give an estimate of about what there was for "content drops"? (Not that we know exactly what's included in that...)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited March 2019
    @luthienrising

In FY19, about packs I would say :
    1. EP05 Seasons (PC)
    2. EP06 Get Famous (PC)
    3. GP07 StrangerVille (PC)
    4. EP02 Get Together (Console)
    5. EP04 Cats & Dogs (Console)
    6. EP05 Seasons (Console)
    7. EP06 Get Famous (Console)
    8. GP01 Outdoor Retreat (Console)
    9. GP05 Parenthood (Console)
    10. GP06 Jungle Adventure (Console)
    11. SP04 Spooky Stuff (Console)
    12. SP05 Movie Hangout Stuff (Console)
    13. SP07 Kids Room Stuff (Console)
    14. SP08 Backyard Stuff (Console)
    15. SP10 Bowling Night Stuff (Console)
    16. SP11 Fitness Stuff (Console)
    17. SP12 Toddler Stuff (Console)
    18. SP13 Laundry Day Stuff (Console)

Free content :
    1. June: Glass roofs, ...
    2. August: Sliding doors, Caribbean content, ...
    3. November: Terrain tool, ...
    4. December: FP01 Holiday Celebration Pack update
    5. February: Lunar New Year content
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @luthienrising

In FY19, about packs I would say :
    1. EP05 Seasons (PC)
    2. EP06 Get Famous (PC)
    3. EP02 Get Together (Console)
    4. EP04 Cats & Dogs (Console)
    5. EP05 Seasons (Console)
    6. EP06 Get Famous (Console)
    7. GP01 Outdoor Retreat (Console)
    8. GP05 Parenthood (Console)
    9. GP06 Jungle Adventure (Console)
    10. SP04 Spooky Stuff (Console)
    11. SP07 Kids Room Stuff (Console)
    12. SP08 Backyard Stuff (Console)
    13. SP12 Toddler Stuff (Console)
    14. SP13 Laundry Day Stuff (Console)

So, that excludes any major free SP4 content and major mobile updates. I'd be surprised if the "20" is overall any different from 19, perhaps a bit higher? But Console is close to caught up now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I'm sorry but this doesn't sound good, it looks like Sims 4 is ending next year..
    It's sad though, gamepacks were the best things of Sims 4
    And the majority of 20 content drops are probably the packs for console that already on PC, so don't get hyped..
    Sounds like the Sims 4 is ending..if just EA wasn't so greedy..
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this doesn't sound good, it looks like Sims 4 is ending next year..
    It's sad though, gamepacks were the best things of Sims 4
    And the majority of 20 content drops are probably the packs for console that already on PC, so don't get hyped..
    Sounds like the Sims 4 is ending..if just EA wasn't so greedy..

Kate mentioned a week or so ago that TS4 still has years of content ahead.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Yeah just like they mention back in 2014 that the Sims 4 is built on a foundation to wear if they wanted to add things it wouldn't be a problem but yet here we are. Still no cars, no real baby, no decent gameplay for the teenagers.etc etc....
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    The keyword is at least. There could be 30 content drops for all we know.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    The keyword is at least. There could be 30 content drops for all we know.

They probably can't say more than that though.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    So that's 20 content drops across all playable outlets. That doesn't sound like much more than what we've been getting every year already.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    3 months without DLC and counting. No clear sign of a future since day one and I am sick of it. Just wish they could talk to us. Sims 3 team did, something has changed horribly since those days. Got a update sure but still I'm talking DLC not free content updates.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    20 ?

You can already remove 5 "content drops" :p
    1. GP02 Spa Day (Console)
    2. SP05 Movie Hangout Stuff (Console)
    3. SP10 Bowling Night Stuff (Console)
    4. SP11 Fitness Stuff (Console)
    5. SP14 My First Pet Stuff (Console)

Get Famous is out Tuesday on Consoles and Movie Stuffpack is in March. It got leaked accidently.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    It does seem that they are moving away from TS4 though in the number of content coming for it.

I have been feeling this for a while now too with in all fairness the game is now 6 years old this means that the “old” PC’s that people had back then are not the “old” PC’s that people have now I mean my year old PC eats the Sims 4 for breakfast I assume all your PC’s do too I expect this year we will see 2 EP’s and at the end of the year ( I am talking December) we may get our first look The Sims 5.

I know that’s a touchy subject and there are things that people still want in the sims 4 but you can’t have everything you want in life I am 99% shour it’s In development.

I feel that some of the EP’s were kind of sound bored to see what people like what people don’t.what can we put in to the base game? and most importantly what have we leant from the forums and indeed the reception of The Sims 4? And how can we rectify this in the Sims 5? I think open world and cars would help.
    Shame it is not TS5 really. I mean by next year TS4 would be 5 years old and well, still not got your cars, Open World, proper teenagers, life like babies or even CASt. That is appalling :(

It does seem that they are moving away from TS4 though in the number of content coming for it.

I hope you're correct. Ts4's content has always seemed to be tripping over the game's built-in limitations. The foundation and roll-out of the ts4 meant that content was always going to be limited in many ways... in my humble opinion. Even if ts4 had been on par in value as the other sim iterations... in my humble opinion, after 5 years it's time to cycle up the next iteration in earnest.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    University
    Witches
    Farming
    Tropical Vacation
    Future Technology
    Something entirely new.

This is what I would like for the completion of this series.
    I would love to see University and Witches this year.
    I have no idea what EA is doing and what we can expect. I just play other game and check in from time to time.
    I start playing again when something new drops... for about 4-6 weeks.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simskrista wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmmm, I just want fleshed out content, I don’t really care about a T-shirt here and there. I want gameplay.

It could be twenty contests, lol, just sayin'. I doubt it's twenty in total for TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited February 2019
    Shame it is not TS5 really. I mean by next year TS4 would be 5 years old and well, still not got your cars, Open World, proper teenagers, life like babies or even CASt. That is appalling :(

In fact, you don't wait for The Sims 5, just you want an upgrade for The Sims 3.

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @ANNETTE1951 @graventhe The gurus have reiterated numerous times on Twitter and other feeds that there are still years of content planned for TS4. I don't believe TS5 will be coming anytime soon.

@doogerie While the concept of TS5 is exciting, there's a lot to be said for following the format of online games here and just consistently updating and revitalizing a stabilized game to keep it new and fresh for years to come. It's very common in MMOs and MOBAs, and some of those games are reaching the 10-20 year marks, so I don't see why continuing to support and improve TS4 would be an issue. Granted, EA would want to reset the game with a new model simply on grounds that we have to buy everything again, but if they didn't, and just kept adding to TS4 and improving it and bug fixing it and so forth, it could really become something amazing. Plus, I think one of the minor flaws of the Sims is that at the point of it's release, it requires a lot out of your machine, so if it can get to the point where more machines are capable of running it at full capacity because of technology advances, that makes players happy because they can run the game without lag, memory dumps, or other issues that occur when games are trying to constantly press the boundaries. Back to the MMOs and MOBAs, they deliberately do their models/art styles to be simpler so that lower end machines can still operate the game - it not only helps those with higher end machines run the games beautifully at full blast, but it also massively increases their player base too, as it's more accessible to people who might not have been able to invest in the greatest computer ever.

In fact, you don't wait for The Sims 5, just you want an upgrade for The Sims 3.

Oh, I would so throw money at that. Well... not after I've experienced ts4. I don't really trust the future offerings of the franchise without now waiting at length and reading factual, uncompensated reviews. But I would definitely be exponentially more interested with a ts3 redux than anything else that's happened with the sims after September 2014.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    While I like to hear it's getting more content, I am very worried that since they are making so much that they will pretty much be half-baked as the rest of the stuff...