Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get mods to work?

Comments

• demonking92demonking92 Posts: 1 New Member
    i have a problem on mi sims 4 i can start my game and it show the mods i have but when i play sim household the mod isnt showing up at all.... like for example one of the mods i use is pregnancy mod its not showing anything
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018
    i have a problem on mi sims 4 i can start my game and it show the mods i have but when i play sim household the mod isnt showing up at all.... like for example one of the mods i use is pregnancy mod its not showing anything

@demonking92 Most pregnancy mods are scripted unless they are cosmetic such as a tattoo or belly button. If your having issues make sure that you have mods and scripted mods enabled. Otherwise many of the mods will not work correctly.

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• AidenCTAidenCT Posts: 1 New Member
    hey @rosemow so i need to buy game before doing mods ?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    AidenCT wrote: »
    hey @rosemow so i need to buy game before doing mods ?

Hello @AidenCT
    Yes, you do need to buy the game. Often Origin has Sales where they reduce the prices of the base game and expansion and game packs. Other online gaming stores, or physical retail stores also often have The Sims 4 game and packs on sale.
  • RxinbowzRxinbowz Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm also have a problem with downloading CC to Sims 4. I've followed about 10 videos and it didn't work at all. Help, anyone?
    Rxinbowz wrote: »
    I'm also have a problem with downloading CC to Sims 4. I've followed about 10 videos and it didn't work at all. Help, anyone?

Hello @Rxinbowz
    What are the problems that you are having downloading cc to sims 4 ? Are they showing as installed when you get to the main screen?
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then .
  • snowolf60snowolf60 Posts: 1 New Member
    i had this issue too i found out why ok so click on the three dots in the top right corner this should open the menu click on game settings it has all this stuff click on game options at the left there is a menu of catagories click on other there is one option that says enable custom content and mods click the white box and click apply changes exit the game and go back in it should work
  • RxinbowzRxinbowz Posts: 3 New Member
    @rosemow I tried that. Do you have to be online instead of offline? Because, that seems to be the only thing that's not allowing the CC in the game.
    Rxinbowz wrote: »
    @rosemow I tried that. Do you have to be online instead of offline? Because, that seems to be the only thing that's not allowing the CC in the game.

You shouldn’t need to be online to access your cc.
    Do you use one drive, and if you do, is there a mods folder that has been generated there? The game may be using a mods folder that is in the cloud, rather than the one in the Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder
  • ExtremeNoob333ExtremeNoob333 Posts: 2 New Member
    My sims mods. Worked for a little while but it stop working and WinRar says it's damaged but just downloaded the cc i don't know what to do can anyone please help me out <3
    My sims mods. Worked for a little while but it stop working and WinRar says it's damaged but just downloaded the cc i don't know what to do can anyone please help me out <3

Hello @ExtremeNoob333
    Try downloading some new cc items, and see if they work in your game.

There has been many mods/cc broken by the latest patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
  • neeve4neeve4 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having trouble with downloading mods. I have watched numerous tutorials and read through chunks of this forum and have yet to find someone with a similar issue.

-I have a legal copy of the game, bought on a disk and now run through origin.
    - I downloaded the mods off of sites recommended through youtube videos, saying they work.
    -I put them into the Mods folder (electronic arts>sims 4> Mods)
    - I ticked off all of the settings needed (allow custom content and mods and script mods allowed)
    - Of all the tutorials I have watched and read, it says that when my game is opened I should get a pop up menu asking me if I want these mods added; however, I do not get this menu.
    - Building off of that, I also opened up the running mods menu in the sims and thats blank too :/
    - I tried moving the folder to the desktop and then running sims and creating a new Mods folder and moving everything in there, that didn't work either.

All the downloaded mods are in the correct file type and the folders are all extracted if they needed to be.
    Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you! :)
    neeve4 wrote: »
    I am having trouble with downloading mods. I have watched numerous tutorials and read through chunks of this forum and have yet to find someone with a similar issue.

-I have a legal copy of the game, bought on a disk and now run through origin.
    - I downloaded the mods off of sites recommended through youtube videos, saying they work.
    -I put them into the Mods folder (electronic arts>sims 4> Mods)
    - I ticked off all of the settings needed (allow custom content and mods and script mods allowed)
    - Of all the tutorials I have watched and read, it says that when my game is opened I should get a pop up menu asking me if I want these mods added; however, I do not get this menu.
    - Building off of that, I also opened up the running mods menu in the sims and thats blank too :/
    - I tried moving the folder to the desktop and then running sims and creating a new Mods folder and moving everything in there, that didn't work either.

All the downloaded mods are in the correct file type and the folders are all extracted if they needed to be.
    Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you! :)

Hello @neeve4
    When you moved the mods folder to the desktop, then launched the game, was a new mods folder generated by the game? Or did you create a new mods folder yourself?
  • neeve4neeve4 Posts: 2 New Member
    I tried to run the game to see if it would create a new Mods folder, but it didn't create one. I ended up making a new one.
    neeve4 wrote: »
    I tried to run the game to see if it would create a new Mods folder, but it didn't create one. I ended up making a new one.

Hello @neeve4
    Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,

If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
  • izagawdizagawd Posts: 2 New Member
    @neeve4 i found a solution. put the files for a single modin a folder and put the folder in the mods folder.
  • izagawdizagawd Posts: 2 New Member
    > @neeve4 said:
    > I tried to run the game to see if it would create a new Mods folder, but it didn't create one. I ended up making a new one.

put the files for a single mod in a folder and put the folder in the mods folder. if u dont understand ask me
  • KriegerSangreKriegerSangre Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi. I'm having a bit of a problem. None of my eye mods are working in-game and some vampire mods don't work either. I found one which worked, but other ones don't work at all. And I've tried a million different eye mods and none of them show up in-game. Was there a recent update that is prohibiting the mods from working correctly?

I have all the relevant things checked:
    - Scripts is checked
    - Am using WinRar
    - They're in the correct folders

As for the eye mods, they don't even show up in-game. They show up in the folder, but not in-game, though they show up under the mod list in-game. There's just no option for them under Create-A-Sim.

As for the vampire mods, such as mods which change Vampire Perk Points, those don't even work. The mods and game are up to date. I've only encountered ONE vampire mod which works in the game, while all others don't work whatsoever.

Does anyone know why these mods don't work and how to fix the problem?
    Hi. I'm having a bit of a problem. None of my eye mods are working in-game and some vampire mods don't work either. I found one which worked, but other ones don't work at all. And I've tried a million different eye mods and none of them show up in-game. Was there a recent update that is prohibiting the mods from working correctly?

I have all the relevant things checked:
    - Scripts is checked
    - Am using WinRar
    - They're in the correct folders

As for the eye mods, they don't even show up in-game. They show up in the folder, but not in-game, though they show up under the mod list in-game. There's just no option for them under Create-A-Sim.

As for the vampire mods, such as mods which change Vampire Perk Points, those don't even work. The mods and game are up to date. I've only encountered ONE vampire mod which works in the game, while all others don't work whatsoever.

Does anyone know why these mods don't work and how to fix the problem?

Hello @KriegerSangre
    Some mods were broken by the Get Famous patch. Try seeing if your mods that you use are on the broken /updated mods list.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-famous-nov-18#latest
  • creatorSeikocreatorSeiko Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey i have a problem. Everytime im playing in game i cant press some buttons like the escape button and the friends button etc. but the other work and my cheats mod is not working too . If i try and move the household or go on create a sim it just shows a blacks screen..i cant save or anything and ive tried detecting for bad files but nothing worked
    Hey i have a problem. Everytime im playing in game i cant press some buttons like the escape button and the friends button etc. but the other work and my cheats mod is not working too . If i try and move the household or go on create a sim it just shows a blacks screen..i cant save or anything and ive tried detecting for bad files but nothing worked

Hello @creatorSeiko
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you use the UI Cheats extension mod, make sure you are using the latest updated version.
    Thank you i'll try this.I've used a sims scanner to scan my bad files but it didnt said anything. I guess ill try like this
    Well i really dont know what to do because i literally have the exact same cc as i had on my last sims..and my last sims was the exact same version . Im gonna say exactly what happened. I made a house and it costs 400k .-. so i put my households in a cheap house to put a money cheat and then move to the house i wanted...but suddenly the skill ,the gallery ,the escape button and my cheats are not working even tho it worked with my first household...I have 2 families and the first one worked fine but this one doesnt...and when i try to change my sim at the mirror or to press on the phone move household...my entire screen gameplay screen got black except the menus..and basically i cant save or do anything .I guess i have to redownload it.
    Omg thank you...i redownloaded the game and i still didnt worked but i tried the thing where you said to test each one and it worked :3

Omg thank you...i redownloaded the game and i still didnt worked but i tried the thing where you said to test each one and it worked :3

You’re welcome :)