Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What have you got planned for your TS3 game in 2019 ?

124...Next

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    ...in the immediate future, I have a "wedding video" planned and in the filming stage right now. It's being filmed and edited in sections. Yeah, it's a "narrative video" set to music. When I finish that, I'll try and see if I can figure out whether to "work on my legacy" or work on one of the other numerous other stories and plot lines lying around. I hate that dammed plot-bunny. It's a pain in the tuckus.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I've got a new CAW project planned for this year. A medium sized English coastal town, with some rich history and intricate backstories. It should be a lot of fun to work on, particularly since I'm meticulously planning all the details first before even opening CAW.

My other main project is a new University system for a large group of Uni students. I love playing the Teen/Young Adult life stages with all their detailed relationships, hobbies and future plans so this is a project I can actually see myself sticking with.

Love the sound of everybody else's projects. It's also lovely to see lots of other simmers still working with CAW :smile:

Your CAW project sounds good. I am also working on an English seaside town so it might be worth comparing the two once they are complete. Should be fun seeing how two different people see a seaside town. You are so right about the planning beforehand.

Good Luck with the uni project too. Sending sims off to uni is one of my favourite things as there is so much for them to do.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    korset wrote: »
    i want to finish my lepacy family im so close but dragging my feet now blah

Good Luck in finishing. I should imagine it is a very satusfying feeling reaching generation 10.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    ...in the immediate future, I have a "wedding video" planned and in the filming stage right now. It's being filmed and edited in sections. Yeah, it's a "narrative video" set to music. When I finish that, I'll try and see if I can figure out whether to "work on my legacy" or work on one of the other numerous other stories and plot lines lying around. I hate that dammed plot-bunny. It's a pain in the tuckus.

The great Agatha Christie used to recycle plots like nobody else but she was such a fantastic writer that her readers never knew. With that in mind I would show the plot bunny the door :D The wedding video sounds good. Everyone enjoys a good romance with plenty of drama along the way. Good Luck in getting your videos made. I should imagine it takes as much time as it does terrain painting and sculpting in CAW.

Sim enim est vita
  • korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member

Good Luck in finishing. I should imagine it is a very satusfying feeling reaching generation 10.
    thank you im so close gen 11 heiress just aged up to a teen and its just a waiting game atm

• GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    As long as I've been playing, I've never had a sim die and I've never made it to generation 3. So, that's what I'd like to do this year.

I've actually been waiting on one to die for the past 3 RL days. I downloaded a couple that I had played years ago and uploaded them to the exchange. A witch and an alien who have a alien child. The alien was already an elder when he moved in. So when I started playing them again, I shortened the number of sim days for an elder. He's now over a sim-week past his expiration date. I hope I don't have to wait too much longer.

Completely done with EA

GemSixx wrote: »
    As long as I've been playing, I've never had a sim die and I've never made it to generation 3. So, that's what I'd like to do this year.

I've actually been waiting on one to die for the past 3 RL days. I downloaded a couple that I had played years ago and uploaded them to the exchange. A witch and an alien who have a alien child. The alien was already an elder when he moved in. So when I started playing them again, I shortened the number of sim days for an elder. He's now over a sim-week past his expiration date. I hope I don't have to wait too much longer.

I had to laugh when I read your post as I spend all my time trying to keep my sims alive as long as possible. I get really upset when one dies because like most of us I get rather attached to them. Still I hope you get your wish and your alien pops his clogs soon. The arrival of Grimmy is a bit of pure theatre and your other sims will have a chance to plead to save the life of the one Grimmy plans to collect. He does occasionally allow one to live so you may be stuck with your alien for a bit longer. Whatever you do don't leave any death flowers lying around :D

Sim enim est vita
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My goal would be to try to and play a save file without getting frustrated. I personally was just gifted Sims 3 with a few expansions. I played the original first The Sims iteration and replaced it with Sims 4 in 2016. I was looking for more challenge when a IRL friend suggested I go backwards and try Sims 3. So, I will be exploring Sims 3 for the first time.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2019
    I've started playing a game with a long life span. I've always played normal life span in the past. With the longer life span I plan for my sim to fully explore painting and photography and traveling.

Another project I'm looking forward to starting sometime in the future is to transform and then play in Midnight Hollow. First I plan to edit every lot in town replacing the haunted landscaping with normal items, brightening the dark, depressing colors of the buildings inside and out and even doing some remodeling. Then I want to try CAW for the first time to replace all the haunted trees and shrubs in the map with normal ones. I think the town can be dark and mysterious without the extremely depressing rendering of the current version.
  • GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    My goal would be to try to and play a save file without getting frustrated.

@NorthDakotaGamer , Nrass mods would probably eliminate about 90% or more of your frustrations. I would never play without them.

Completely done with EA

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

@NorthDakotaGamer , Nrass mods would probably eliminate about 90% or more of your frustrations. I would never play without them.

I am actually more frustrated with the camera and how it controls than anything else right now. I tried playing it for 20 minutes before giving up. I will keep trying it though.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @NorthDakotaGamer: First welcome to The Sims3. I love your avatar. Cute little parakeets!

I'm going to try to play and do the tombs.
    :) Smile!

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    4. Finish my legacy that stalled out at Gen 6 a couple years ago...

3. Organize all my CC and saved backups that I plopped into a D drive and haven't looked at...

2. Finish The Sequel machinima and,

NUMBER ONE: Just PLAY AND ENJOY!

I am actually more frustrated with the camera and how it controls than anything else right now. I tried playing it for 20 minutes before giving up. I will keep trying it though.

It takes a little practice with the camera and I am sure there are youtube videos about it together with guidance on the keyboard short cuts. Wishing you very happy simming.

Sim enim est vita
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @NorthDakotaGamer: First welcome to The Sims3. I love your avatar. Cute little parakeets!

I'm going to try to play and do the tombs.

Good Luck with the tombs exploration :)

Sim enim est vita
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    4. Finish my legacy that stalled out at Gen 6 a couple years ago...

3. Organize all my CC and saved backups that I plopped into a D drive and haven't looked at...

2. Finish The Sequel machinima and,

NUMBER ONE: Just PLAY AND ENJOY!

Definitely play and enjoy. I'm sure we all have things we should finish so I wish you luck in completing the things on your list :)

Sim enim est vita
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @Deshong04 Good luck with the castaway project. I played the game once and found it quite boring. Although it had good potential, a sims 3 version sounds awesome!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited May 2019
    It's now May and I have finally installed a new EP! I installed Supernatural earlier today and have started a test save. Am enjoying it so far! Although I don't think I will have supernatural sims in my regular family saves, I will probably try at least one of the occult life states in this brief save.

Edit to add: I also bought Dragon Valley a few weeks ago so have accomplished what I set out to do when this thread was first made :)
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    It's now May and I have finally installed a new EP! I installed Supernatural earlier today and have started a test save. Am enjoying it so far! Although I don't think I will have supernatural sims in my regular family saves, I will probably try at least one of the occult life states in this brief save.

Edit to add: I also bought Dragon Valley a few weeks ago so have accomplished what I set out to do when this thread was first made :)

Just had to say congratulations. Enjoy Supernatural, there is so much to do :D

Sim enim est vita
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    @Mikezumi Yay, new EP and world! Fun that you have new things to discover after so long! I got Supernatural when it came out, but haven't tried much of what came with it because I prefer realism, and I think you do too since you waited a couple of years before buying it. ^^

I took a long break between December and May, and now I'm back playing again. I will continue playing my sim family and the families that married into mine. And some of the neighbours need children so thee wille be enough sims to choose from when the young ones in my family grow up and start looking for girl- and boyfriends. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I'm doing a story crossover of Disney's Haunted Mansion and Disney's Beauty and the Beast.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    I am still picking at my challenge of having one sim get all six degrees from University. I do go off the path a little every once in a while. It's been a bit hectic IRL...so, hopefully, I will be able to do this!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Finally reaching the end of ten generations! I'm already on six, and I'm doing a mermaid legacy. Instead of the firstborn child being the heir, the firstborn mermaid child is the heir, though that usually is the firstborn. No mermaid at the moment at the moment. Already had two. Going for number three!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif