Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What YouTube Sims series do you enjoy watching?

Comments

• AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited February 2019
    TheEnglishSimmer - Belong There and The Asylum challenge, plus a bunch of other LP's that are worth a look. She's probably the first one I watched way back when 3 came out, and honestly, I really like her overall manner and how well she plays out story lines. She doesn't screw up needlessly, rage, or be overdramatic and talk constantly.

The Sim Supply - James' Rags to Riches series always has me laughing and totally engrossed.

CaptainSauce's Life Of Kevin and Grim Parenting had me in stitches at times. He really knows how to keep your attention.

I'd mention Carmen King, but a far warning, she may not be everyone's cup of tea and tends to be for more mature viewers, lol. I love the personality she puts into her LP's though. <3

They're my main whenever new content releases or on the lookout for another LP. The rest I can't really get into (like the CallMeKevin's series, saw his recent Lego vid, although it was kind of meh and irritating.). Possibly one day I'll escape my bubble in search of other YT Simmmers... maybe it's cause I always know what to expect from the above, which is good fun for a few hours and quality content, imo. They don't do LP's, but Rémi Marocelli is high on the list as well, their creatively awesome Machinima's are something I can only dream of achieving, definitely worth checking out. :)

Post edited by AceOfKnaves on
  • MYvonneMYvonne Posts: 23 Member
    I watch YT sims videos every day (almost too much haha :D ) and I mainly watch building videos. Below are some letsplayers/builders that I really enjoy:

Deligracy and The Sim Supply - Love their personality!

Lilsimsie - Her builds are very usable and I use a lot of them in my gameplay. Her celebrity bowler series is very funny. I am also about the same age as her so that makes her especially relatable and it's nice to see someone growing up with me :D

Simlicy - I would definitely recommend Simlicy for simmers who like to watch building videos. Her builds are really detailed, homey and beautiful. Her commentary mainly focuses on the build so it really allows you to understand her thought process when building. She also has a Not So Berry challenge series (I like that it is more story-oriented compared to the others).

TheTidesChanging - I have discovered her channel recently. She creates very (and I mean very) detailed backstory for her sims and builds. I have been enjoying her recent Caliente Family short series.
  • mavislurchermavislurcher Posts: 21 Member
    Semaj, LilSimsie+ Deli.
  • mavislurchermavislurcher Posts: 21 Member
    And LaurenZSide.
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    Definitely check out Clare Siobhan! Clare is great - and as a lot of people have mentioned, don’t miss Captain Sauce and his Life of Kevin series, it is actually hilarious.
  • FlethroFlethro Posts: 18 Member
    Simmerville has some great content on Youtube. Her 'As Sims Go By' series is really interesting to follow, she gives her sims real character. She has a few videos showing the way she plays too, it's great.
    My Sims 4 Story Project: Thriving Plumbobs
    "Yibbs yibbs yibbs, zargu zargu!"
  • scrutyniscrutyni Posts: 49 Member
    @Cinders27 I love Clare's CAS challenges and the way she interacts with the camera is a lot of fun. I don't like using Alpha CC for my own Sims, and rarely use CC at all, so I experience amazing looking CC'd sims through her skills haha.
    Current SimLit Blog (Rotational Play): https://newcrestsponsorsims4.home.blog/
    Rookie builder and casual Simmer || Gallery: https://tinyurl.com/ycummopq
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I loveeeeeeee lilsimsie. She's so loveable. She's just my personal favorite, because she reminds me so much of when I was her age and a girl friend I had at the time. I dont watch others play sims often though. But again, im a huge LilSimsie fan.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    @scrutyni I’m the same! I’m not a big fan of Alpha CC either, I do have CC but it’s mainly Maxis Match. Clare does make some amazing sims though and I enjoy watching all her sims series (but my fave, like Clare’s, is definitely broken dream - I like a bit of sims drama, the game is pretty lacking in it in general unless you have a very good imagination!)
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    I like oh my plumbob's series, she's really sweet!
  • simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    I'm happy to see other people lovin on lilsimsie!! She's so dorky and cute and we have the same sense of humor, so I love her. She's honestly the one Simmer I'll watch on Youtube. The others kinda grate on me :D
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • NeenzNeenz Posts: 44 Member
    [quote="PearLady;c-16941127"]If you're a fan of CaptainSauce (thanks for reminding me person(s) above that YT has been hiding content from me again >.<), do check out CallMeKevin....and all hail, Jim Pickens, lest you be his next target. ;D[/quote]
    I love Jim Pickens!!
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    the only ones i watch consistently = vixella and kelsey's series on buzzfeed multiplayer. i'm also subscribed to the sim supply and just started watching him again.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    "Foreman Fridays" on UrbanSims channel along with her vanilla lp. I've been watching Clare Siobhans Sims lp since the beginning and thats been going for over a year. And of course Deligracy, that girl is so funny

YASSS!! Foreman Friday’s for the win!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I enjoy XUrbanSimsX and Vixella’s LPs the most.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    I mostly watch Deligracy and TheSimSupply. I love Deligracy's storytelling and James' builds are really nice.
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    I have to throw in another recommendation for CaptainSauce-not just his "Life of Kevin" series but his other Sim series' (A Bad Witch and Grim Parenting) as well. (Grim Parenting was probably my favorite of the two shorter ones.)
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited February 2019
    There's this guy, CallMeKevin, and...his Sims 4 game is all kinds of twisted fun. His central character always has a dedicated dungeon in his houses, where several members of his cult, who are also his prisoners, spend their days either painting and making him money, or taking care of his children -- some by aliens, some by women, and some by the Grim Reaper. His channel has its own storytelling universe, in which he'll play the same "family" across games, linked to the same figure (Jim Pickens, The Dear Leader) -- and it's so popular that he even has a friggin' portrait of the Sim -- THE SIM!!!!! -- in his real-life recording studio.

Also, LGR doesn't do a Sim series so much as reviews for Sims 3 and Sims 4 games, and they're all really good. He isn't content to just review the game; the reviews will often have a little gimmick or something. His review of Katy Perry's Sweet Treats, for instance, ends with everything -- everything -- on fire. He has a REALLY good voice for listening to, and loves the games despite being disappointing with what's delivered sometimes.
  • dctf344dctf344 Posts: 21 Member
    I usually watch Simsupply, love the rags to riches gameplay. I also watch the Englishsimmer, Andrew Arcade and Vixella. Will definitely check out some of the other folks mentioned.
    GHNQUEs.png
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'll put in a big vote for Andrew Arcade. He tends to go on fairly long hiatuses, and has recently gotten a full time RL job with big commute
    So he's not really active right now. But he has tons of content on YT, even though he's had dissatisfaction with the platform. He has lots of Twitch VODs as well. His Not So Berry Challenge is really developed. It originated on Twitch, but he put it on YT in small segments. He's the only one for whom I will sit through a full Twitch TS4 livestream. His play style is very laid back and funny, and his Chat regulars are great, too. I have literally laughed until it's painful at some of the things his Sims get up to. I think it's because he really has a knack for making unusual characters. If you love Vampires, his YT TS4 Vampire series is a great start. He brought back a family from TS3, so they have fully fleshed out back stories.

If you want to see a regular play through, Captain Sauce might be an acquired taste for you. But if you like variety and odd interruptions, etc, he's the bomb. He's so imaginative, and he takes features and little known aspects of the game and uses them in quite unusual ways. Edit: He seems to have stopped playing TS4 a few months back, but The Life Of Kevin has 146 episodes, if you aren't caught up.

ClareSiobhan seems great, but she screams so much, and I listen with headphones, ouch! :o

FYI, if you don't want to be notified of YT uploaders' other non TS4 content, you can subscribe and just not click the Bell Icon. Then you can just go in and find the channels under your Subscriptions Menu a little easier, your call, though.

I've been watching James The Sim Supply and Deligracy forever. If you get frustrated at folks not knowing how to play the game, feel free to scream at the screen. :D James plays numerous other games on a different channel, so I give him a bit of a pass on this. He used to play the game in such a goal oriented, linear manner, playing on Speed 3 most of the time. I almost stopped watching his LPs, because I like a story line. But with this Bigwallet Family especially, the Sims are in a sixth/seventh generation legacy. He's taken more time to go a bit slower to let things happen and personalities develop.

I don't watch a Deli Let's Play at the moment. Some seem to have the same story line, super rich Sims, killing Sims, etc. :tongue: I did really like her TS4 Vanilla series. There wasn't as much peeing and passing out in that, haha. I do at least give new ones a shot before I decide. Twins was quite good, too.

They're both really talented builders, genuinely nice folks, and Deli has some excellent vlogs.

Jenn XurbansimsX's Foreman Family is her best, and The Springston Legacy was great, too.

I agree about M0llie The English Simmer. (Putting a zero so hopefully the censor doesn't plum her first name, not trying to cuss. That is her name, I tell you, haha.) She's not too over dramatic, revved up, and put on. But she's not boring even so. Her characters have developed back stories. They're diverse, and she takes the time to think about how that diversity would make them unique.

Some exceptional builders that I haven't yet seen mentioned in this thread are Devon Bumpkin, Penapple, Cyber Doll Edit:Cyberdoll, and Harrie. I second Simproved, Aveline, and SimLicy.

Finally, how could someone named lilsimsie not be adorable? Her last name really is Sims. Her Let's Plays are hilarious. She's a sophomore in uni, and seems really serious about school. She actually majors in History, whaaat? That major seems like one that I would take. ;) But a nineteen year old; I really admire it. Although she takes great care of her Sims, Kayla (her first name) herself always seems to be just about to pass out of exhaustion. I used to get really worried. But as time goes on, I think that is her preferred state, haha.
    Post edited by Livin in Sim on
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    Most of them I can't stand, because they act like they never played the game before. The one I enjoy the most right now is Simlicy's builds. She's very talented and talks about her builds, not about her life which is a big + for me :)
  • kikamoonskikamoons Posts: 78 Member
    I really like watching TheSimSupply's videos, but mostly his rags to riches. I like how energetic and fun he is, also his australian (or kiwi? or is he australian? :D ) accent is really nice to listen to! :)
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    edited February 2019
    I only look at LilSimsie and Plumbella. Most recently, I love how the two have been vocal about their opinions on the game. But Plumbella is my favourite. I love her rich Irish accent and her honesty about the Sims franchise. Her honesty is what makes it bearable unlike 99% of other Simtubers who just schmooze to keep on EA's PR List. I also love LazyGameReviews because of his honesty as well cause you know Simmers run around frantically if anyone doesn't dare get on their knees and worship everything that MAXIS releases.
    giphy.gif
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I have to throw in another recommendation for CaptainSauce-not just his "Life of Kevin" series but his other Sim series' (A Bad Witch and Grim Parenting) as well. (Grim Parenting was probably my favorite of the two shorter ones.)

Grim Parenting is awesome! But I would reccomend that people wait until Grim shows up in the Life of Kevin Let's Play and plays out his story their. It's kind of a continuation of his story on that series. When Captain Sauce moves on to other stories with Kevin and Co he made a seperate small series for Grim. So....I would highly recommend newbies to his Sims videos to watch them more in release order or close to it.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    If you want something interesting to watch check out HollieBB on Twitch. She has some interesting LP's, Upgrowth Challenge is my fav. It's gotten super "off the wall" but still really funny, I never miss a stream when she's playing that challenge. She's the only person I will watch from the beginning of her stream to the end. She also has "Crash Pad" which is her version of Big Brother.