Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a glitch or what. I thought we could only have 8 sims on a lot at a time, but I'm playing and My 4 Sims are in the house and Other Sims (so far 10 others are just walking in. MY one sim is a stage 2 Celebrity. so don't know if that is the reason.

You can only have eight controllable sims in a household. Visitors and people on public lots are a different story.

Thank you Grumpy for clearing that up for me. My Sims were at home trying to do what they were suppose to and random Sims kept coming in the house and there ended up about 15 besides them selves and they were taking over everything. Finally just got mad and told them all to leave and they acted like their feeling were hurt.

For whatever reason, despite being in the friendly category, the Ask to Leave interaction doesn't seem very friendly.

It's like the Impishly Pester action. It's in the funny category but has a mean effect.

Same with Monkey Around for Kids. honestly don't know why that one has a mean effect, it doesn't sound mean.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I didn't know you could buy a satellite to prevent alien abductions. Wish I had known before one of my male sims had two alien pregnancies.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
    Not sure if this is a glitch or what. I thought we could only have 8 sims on a lot at a time, but I'm playing and My 4 Sims are in the house and Other Sims (so far 10 others are just walking in. MY one sim is a stage 2 Celebrity. so don't know if that is the reason.

You can only have eight controllable sims in a household. Visitors and people on public lots are a different story.

Thank you Grumpy for clearing that up for me. My Sims were at home trying to do what they were suppose to and random Sims kept coming in the house and there ended up about 15 besides them selves and they were taking over everything. Finally just got mad and told them all to leave and they acted like their feeling were hurt.

For whatever reason, despite being in the friendly category, the Ask to Leave interaction doesn't seem very friendly.

I always felt asking sims to leave wasn't a particularly nice option to get rid of sims who won't leave, but when I have used it, they all seem quite happy to go away.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I never won an award. I think it's a bug.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    February11 wrote: »

I always felt asking sims to leave wasn't a particularly nice option to get rid of sims who won't leave, but when I have used it, they all seem quite happy to go away.
    They seem quite happy to leave, but it doesn't feel like a natural reaction for them to have. That's the reason I think this option shouldn't be under the friendly category.
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    February11 wrote: »

Sometimes you want to be their friends, but they come in and won't leave until you tell them too, I've even had them try to crawl in bed with my Sims
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @HIstoricgal Wow, that's awkward. Blame autonomy for that.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I use a mod the make the ask to leave interaction look friendlier.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • JadeWuCuiyanJadeWuCuiyan Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="AshtontoAshton22;c-16937278"][quote="calaprfy;c-16937261"][quote="floridameerkat;c-16936869"][quote="HIstoricgal;c-16936858"][quote="GrumpyGlowfish;c-16933825"][quote="HIstoricgal;c-16933762"]Not sure if this is a glitch or what. I thought we could only have 8 sims on a lot at a time, but I'm playing and My 4 Sims are in the house and Other Sims (so far 10 others are just walking in. MY one sim is a stage 2 Celebrity. so don't know if that is the reason.[/quote]

You can only have eight controllable sims in a household. Visitors and people on public lots are a different story.[/quote]

[/quote]

For whatever reason, despite being in the friendly category, the Ask to Leave interaction doesn't seem very friendly. [/quote]

It's like the Impishly Pester action. It's in the funny category but has a mean effect.[/quote]

Same with Monkey Around for Kids. [s]honestly don't know why that one has a mean effect, it doesn't sound mean.[/s][/quote]

Well I’ve never seen any negative effects when I use this interaction! Maybe it is depended on the relationships between two people?
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know that toddlers could fall asleep in the highchair lol
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Today I had a toddler who learned to run everywhere he goes. I have never seen that. I like it, he gets everywhere faster.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Today my Sim met up with a celebrity and asked for her autograph. She gave it to him and man was he thrilled. What was really cool is the autographed photo is in his inventory!
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    Today I had a toddler who learned to run everywhere he goes. I have never seen that. I like it, he gets everywhere faster.

I think it happens when they reach level 3 or 4 movement skill. I find it so cute how they suddenly start running everywhere!
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    edited February 2019
    Simtown15 wrote: »

I think it happens when they reach level 3 or 4 movement skill. I find it so cute how they suddenly start running everywhere!
    Don't know why, but I always thought they look creepy. :#
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »

It is definitely cute and a little creepy at the same time ^_^ but it's also so great seeing them get everywhere super fast. I kinda wish children moved quicker. They kind of just saunter everywhere lol
  • CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    Same with Monkey Around for Kids. honestly don't know why that one has a mean effect, it doesn't sound mean.
    Since it's mischievous interaction it can give you positive relationship points too, unless they changed it.
  • violetricvioletric Posts: 4 New Member
    > @aprilrose said:
    > I didn't know you could buy a satellite to prevent alien abductions. Wish I had known before one of my male sims had two alien pregnancies.

WHAT! That's wild. And annoying that this info isn't more wildly available, lol.
    CABAL wrote: »
    Since it's mischievous interaction it can give you positive relationship points too, unless they changed it.

No, every time I've used it, it literally always gives negative points.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

It depends on the mood and traits of the target sim. Hot-Headed sims hate being the victims of mischief, and Playful sims laugh at mischief.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

It depends on the mood and traits of the target sim. Hot-Headed sims hate being the victims of mischief, and Playful sims laugh at mischief.

I've had a Goofball kid Monkey Around with his Goofball sister and it still gave negative points.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Am I the only one who has never done this?

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Am I the only one who has never done this?

Wow. Never occurred to me to try that!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I put my sim to sleep in a double bed placed close to the wall, and he moved to the corner and take a nap there, I was surprised but I can never reproduce it, if there is a selectable option it would be cool to save some space in the bedroom.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2019
    If you have cheats activated with for example mc command center, you can switch to another played household by going into cas with cheats by shift clicking on the sim, choose edit in cas and then go back to live mode.
    Let me tell you, I was utterly surprised when I saw a full-blown Gnome Costume in CAS! I didn't know it came with Seasons!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top