Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CATS RULE & DOGS DROOL VET CHALLENGE-**NEW 2/5 - UPDATES FOR NEW PACKS

Comments

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @SoulGal7 - Thanks for creating such an awesome challenge! & I have enjoyed reading your Chapters....awesome job. I just started tonight & I'm having a blast so far. It's actually a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I love challenges where your Sim has to struggle....always makes it so much more fun. I do have a few questions, that I hope you don't mind answering :) I just want to ensure I'm doing the challenge correctly:
    • Are we allowed to adopt more than the 1 dog and 1 cat? For the mating part of our cat or dog, are we allowed to keep the kittens or puppies?
    • Does the Vet Clinic have to be a 5 Star in order to build on the Home lot or does my Sim just need to have $18K to build on the Home lot?
    • I want my Sim to adopt a dog or cat soon, but I didn't create a pet in CAS. Are we allowed to adopt at any time? & if we adopt before we have a home on our home lot, I'm assuming that the pet must come with the Sim and live at the Vet Clinic with my Sim until I reach that $18K goal?

I wanted to share a picture of my Sim that I created in CAS for the Challenge....Blake Randle....
    CalSnY3.png

I would love to start blogging as I really want to track this Challenge. I might try and start a WordPress blog. I'm not exactly sure where to start on that, but I definitely want to give it a shot. I've given Blake a backstory in addition to the introduction of the Challenge & have captured a few screenshots. I'm super excited to get started!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Sha2520032003 - Thank you so much for trying out my challenge. You can adopt your pet anytime and keep the kittens and puppies, just remember the household lot size has a restriction of 8. You only need $18K to start building your house, and every Saturday you can transfer funds. And yes, the pet lives at the vet clinic with you. I tried to build up as many simoleons as I could to invest in the pet clinic before I started on the house. You know, up-grade the clinic first to get more simoleons and do better treatments. The lobby area was my first priority because that area became quickly crowded. Blake is a beauty and I would love to read your blog once you start one. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask :)
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Sha2520032003 - Thank you so much for trying out my challenge. You can adopt your pet anytime and keep the kittens and puppies, just remember the household lot size has a restriction of 8. You only need $18K to start building your house, and every Saturday you can transfer funds. And yes, the pet lives at the vet clinic with you. I tried to build up as many simoleons as I could to invest in the pet clinic before I started on the house. You know, up-grade the clinic first to get more simoleons and do better treatments. The lobby area was my first priority because that area became quickly crowded. Blake is a beauty and I would love to read your blog once you start one. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask :)

Thanks so much @SoulGal7!!! I really appreciate the tips and feedback. I'd love to share my blog with you if I start one. Thanks again so much.
  • Minna1986Minna1986 Posts: 23 Member
    Hi
    I translated this in Finnish and found that the prices of the items were different, I'm not sure whether they have changed during the upgrade or are they different in a different language game (I do not think so)
    https://minde86.tumblr.com/
    Origin & sims ID: Minna1986
    this chalenge*
    @Minna1986 - thanks, I will check this out. I don't think they would have gone up in price, as I got the prices right from the game in Buy Mode.
    edited October 2018
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Minna1986 - thanks, I will check this out. I don't think they would have gone up in price, as I got the prices right from the game in Buy Mode.

Prices were cheaper, I did not really remember whether they changed over time :smiley: I have not built a vet clinic for a long time so I did not pay attention to them
  • Dizzy_simmerDizzy_simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    if you breed your animals can you sell the babies for money or is that cheating?? btw loving this challenge so much and its such a good way to explore every aspect of the cats and dogs expansion pack! xx
    @Dizzy-simmer - HI, no you can sell the puppies or kitties, but just know that you will get the sad moodlet from doing so. Thanks so much for trying out the challenge. If you want to post screenshots, please do, would love to see your progress :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hello @SoulGal7 I just got Cats & Dogs yesterday! Yay! Anyway, I decided to try out your challenge as my first play through for the EP. So far, so good, my Vet Marcellina O'Malley is struggling, but she has her cat Dusty to cuddle with at the end of the day. I have a question. Were you planning on doing any updates for packs coming out since this challenge began? The reason I ask is that it's Lottery Day in my game and I wondered if it would be against the rules to buy a ticket? I'm going to put my challenge on hold until I hear from you. Thanks! :)

EDIT: Also, in the rules it says you can only grow the catnip plants. I'm guessing you meant at the Vet Clinic, right? It wouldn't make much sense to grow them on the home lot since they only evolve/grow if you're there at 5 a.m. and obviously they actually live at the clinic. It seems a no brainer, but figured I better ask. :)
    Hi @Karababy52 - You know, I was thinking of doing that this weekend. But, go ahead and partake in anything that the Seasons pack or other packs have to offer. Good luck. Maybe you'll win the lottery :) Yes just the catnip variety of plants to grow at the clinic (which is your house, too lol). I am thinking that you could also plant a money tree from the aspiration rewards. After I created this challenge, I did the Wolfpack Challenge and got some great tips on ways to make money in there. I think that planting the money tree will help with the funds.
    Thanks for your reply, I'll do that. Maybe she'll win, or I still might make her skip it. The chances of her winning are actually quite low, especially now that I have more Sims. While I was waiting, I created another Sim to do a C&D R2R challenge and explore Brindleton Bay. The lottery rolled around for her too and...she won! o.O Shortest R2R I've ever played! lol
    @Karababy52 - Oh my gosh! That was lucky! Love to see your screenshots, if you have any :)

Yep, very lucky! I don't have many screenshots actually, but I did post a few in the Favorite Screenshots threads with a bit of info. Mostly I'm currently renovating a duplicate of Chateau Frise that the Delgatos own for Vivienne now. She's moved to the Hound's Head lot. I'm pretty excited about this since I've never been able to play very long on big lots before, especially 64 x 64. o.O Once I get that finished I'll probably start playing with Marcellina again for the challenge. Might take awhile though. I didn't intend to get so involved with Vivienne, but she's turning out to be quite fun! I can't wait to get her some pets. Thinking about a dog and maybe two cats. There's certainly enough room for them now. :)

Probably adopt some pets she's already met. There's a really cute cat named Nibbler for one and a dog that would hang around her lot she fell in love with. Can't remember it's name. The only thing that bothers me so far about this EP is all the sick strays, it's heartbreaking! :( I might also make Vivienne a vet too, but haven't decided on the details of her life yet. We'll see...

Happy Simming and have a great rest of your week! <3
    @Karababy52 - updated the rules. Let me know if I missed anything :)
    Looks great, thanks for updating! I had to chuckle (actually laugh like a maniac is more like it) when I read we can buy the bee box. If I had a nickle for every time I've canceled that particularly whim, I'd be rich. Gah! :p Doesn't help to just buy one because 10 secs. later, you'll get it again! I've had my Sims get whims to 'Get Married' right after they've gotten married, 'try for baby' while they're pregnant, etc. etc. lol I'd just turn them off but darn it, I like buying the reward traits! *sigh* Sorry... /endrant :p
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Looks great, thanks for updating! I had to chuckle (actually laugh like a maniac is more like it) when I read we can buy the bee box. If I had a nickle for every time I've canceled that particularly whim, I'd be rich. Gah! :p Doesn't help to just buy one because 10 secs. later, you'll get it again! I've had my Sims get whims to 'Get Married' right after they've gotten married, 'try for baby' while they're pregnant, etc. etc. lol I'd just turn them off but darn it, I like buying the reward traits! *sigh* Sorry... /endrant :p

Funny you mention this. I once had a sim have a whim to get engaged to another sim......for whom he was already married to. I didn’t know if it was a glitch or what, but it was adorable that he wanted to remarry his love.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited March 2019
    @LegacySims2017 I apologize for the extremely late reply, but that is actually very sweet. I've never tried it myself, but I guess you can have Sims renew their vows with the wedding arches. Did you perhaps do that? I think it would be adorable. Especially for a couple that's been together for a long time, like elders. Or for a couple that might've had some troubles in their marriage and are now back together. :)

@SoulGal7 I wanted to let you know that I tried to do this challenge, but I've watched so many Let's Plays before getting the pack, the Vet Career seems a bit redundant to me now. I couldn't get into it. Perhaps I'll try it again one day. Plus, I took SO much time remodeling that mansion, I think I just lost interest in it too. I'm sorry... :( The mansion is almost done, just need to do the landscaping, but I've put that aside for now as well. It's SO big, it's mind-boggling and more than a bit intimidating. lol

Right now, I'm waiting to see if I've won a code for Strangerville. I hope I win, otherwise I won't be able to play it for a lonnnnng time. I've been trying to stay away from spoiler threads, but it's hard! Gah! While I'm waiting on that, I'm still playing with Marcellina though. I started a new save file for her. She's going to be a crazy cat lady. lol I made another one of my real cats for her to own too, but she doesn't have him yet. I'm waiting until she has a big enough house and a steady income first.

Also, I'm thinking about playing the Wolf Pack Challenge! I loved following along with your challenge for it, looked like so much fun! But, that all hinges on whether or not I get Strangerville any time soon. If I do, then I'll be taking Ridge to Strangerville, he's perfect for it! The guy already is a conspiracy theorist, paranoid and a loner who lives in an underground bunker hiding from aliens while writing SciFi books. :) I might give him a roommate though that will be in the military career too. Or figure out a way that makes sense he would join the military.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic, just wanted to give you an update. I'm so sorry for having you update the rules and then not finishing the challenge. I am happy you did update them though for whenever I might try it again and for others who try this challenge. Thank you! *Hugs* <3
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017 I apologize for the extremely late reply, but that is actually very sweet. I've never tried it myself, but I guess you can have Sims renew their vows with the wedding arches. Did you perhaps do that? I think it would be adorable. Especially for a couple that's been together for a long time, like elders. Or for a couple that might've had some troubles in their marriage and are now back together. :)

It had to have been a glitch. The whim was to "get engaged to xxxx". But they were married with kids. I would have enjoyed it better if it did say "renew vows with xxxx". Never tried clicking on a wedding arch after already married. Would be good SimLit material, tho. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @Karababy52 - no worries there. Glad you tried it. There are just too many new packs that tempt me and I never even completed my own challenge! lol However, I did buckle down and completed The WolfPack Challenge, which is a shorter challenge. I might tweak the rules for this challenge a bit so that it is a shorter challenge, because trying to get to a 5-star clinic is hard Looking forward to Ridge going to Strangerville. He'll fit right in.
    @SoulGal7 Thanks for understanding! :) Unfortunately, I didn't win a code for Strangerville so Ridge will be safe & sound hiding out in his bunker for quite awhile. Even though $20 doesn't sound like a lot, I just can't justify using any of our funds to buy it when so many other things are needed just to survive right now.

Anyway, it's all good, I have Marcellina to keep me entertained along with other projects in TS4 I'm working on and I'll probably start the Wolf Pack Challenge soon too.

Happy Simming and have a wonderful week ahead! <3
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I am finally getting around to this challenge. Sort of. One of my Sims rolled dog lover and friends of the animals. They're a spare, and I figured why not! I'll do that vet challenge I read about forever ago.

I haven't even tried out vet clinics yet xD
    @Shadami - oh you're sweet. I made this challenge first and then played The Wolf Pack Challenge and learned a lot of ways to make simoleons. I actually finished THAT challenge! lol
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've made it to three stars though I have almost no funds xD
    My one employee is awful, so still figuring out how to make them better.

Things I've noticed so far:
    Rules 4 and 5 can probably be combined slightly. As dachusnd Creek and the other one I'm pretty sure are the only two lots worth only 2k simoleons.
    So one is home lot and the other is the vet clinic.
    Rule 13- its a skill not a career. :)

Another note: There is a glitch with strays and going into labor. Once they're in labor they stay in labor but never actually deliver. It hasn't been fixed. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it. Scratch that. You have to be on the home lot or they're stuck in labor for days.
    Post edited by Shadami on
    @Shadami - thanks for seeing these errors. I will fix when I have a moment. If you adopt a cat and have them chase the birds for feathers, you can rake in a lot of simoleons. Found that out by doing the WolfPack Challenge. The trick is, though, to keep all the feathers and sell the feather statue that they make. It is worth more than if you sold the feathers separately.