Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Parentcy Challenge

Comments

• NicoletteSimsNicoletteSims Posts: 364 Member
    I'm still on gen 1 (I've got some other stories going) but I'm having a ton of fun with this! I was previously on gen 4 but that save was deleted so I've started over. :smiley: Thanks for this challenge!
    My challenge can be read here if anyone is really bored. :P
    Links on my wall:
    >>The Eastman's: Sun/Wed/Thurs>>Days Of Golden: Mon>>Catching Up With The Clarkes: Tues/Fri
  • RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    I'm playing this challenge right now and LOVING it!! I'm posting about it here https://rockanniesims.blogspot.com/p/the-star-family-parentacy.html if anyone wants to read :)
  • RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    I am going to do this challenge... well, I already am... My sim (Asia) had a baby boy with Raj Rasoya. The babies name is Sam. He is currently a clingy toddler. I'm going to try and max his responsibility skill and possibly some other ones so he can do even better at his career. Fun so far! The only problem is my first generation sim is already a painter! She had to leave her job, so painting was an easy next option to get money.... is that allowed?
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • SmsMnc14SmsMnc14 Posts: 50 Member
    edited December 2018
    First time writer here! I'm currently on generation one. I will be posting my story soon. Stay tuned :)
    Post edited by SmsMnc14 on
    Follow my story here: simsmaniac.wordpress.com
    edited June 2018
    Finally have my signature up :-)
  • Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    edited August 2018
    I just want to thank you all for commenting!! I'm aware that it has been ages since I've been on here - life has been very busy over the past year and a bit and the sims and this challenge fell to the back of my mind. For all of you that have asked for me to update the rules to include the new expansion packs and game packs, I'm going to jump right to it now and update it for you!! Those that have blogs dedicated to the challenge, I've got the tabs open ready to read them after I've updated the rules! Thank you all so much for your comments and I'm really glad that you're enjoying the challenge - I never thought this was going to happen and all your comments mean so much to me!! :smiley:

I also want to say a huge thank you to @Persefona711 for being such a wonderful person and for answering people's questions and for having my back in regards to the quote below, it means a great deal to me that you've been looking after this while I've been gone <3

Don't worry about reading the rest of this post, this is in reply to a comment that kinda aggravated me and I needed to respond to it.
    As an Englishman I find it rather, well let's just say, wrong to make up a word and then use it like it really means anything. What is wrong with using words correctly? Parentcy is NOT a word any more than Alphbetcy is. It should read, .. parent/legacy or alphabetical legacy. It is an insult to your intelligence when you use non words as though they are words.

@CalebFillion Firstly, I was young when I created this challenge. Secondly, I find you show a very stubborn and prescriptive attitude towards the English language. The English language is constantly changing; new lexis come into existence by the day - some manage to stick around and some disappear. You show an ignorant view if you believe that there is a right way of using lexis and that 'non words' as you call them are incorrect and unintelligent. All lexis were new and made up once. Do you think Shakespeare was wrong when he started using the lexis 'addicted'? That was a 'non word' when he first used it. Yes, I am aware that parentcy (a blend of 'parent' and 'legacy') isn't a masterpiece of a lexis, but it is a lexis in its own right and I find it quite frankly rude that you have called me unintelligent for using my imagination (however naive it was) to create a name for my challenge. Last but not least, I myself am an Englishwoman and an English student and I would ask that you please don't use the fact that you are an Englishman as an excuse to go around mocking others for their use of a fluid language. You did not invent the English language, you are only a speaker of it. You don't have the right to go around lecturing people and making them feel embarrassed because of their use of their own language.

• CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    I just want to thank you all for commenting!! I'm aware that it has been ages since I've been on here - life has been very busy over the past year and a bit and the sims and this challenge fell to the back of my mind. For all of you that have asked for me to update the rules to include the new expansion packs and game packs, I'm going to jump right to it now and update it for you!! Those that have blogs dedicated to the challenge, I've got the tabs open ready to read them after I've updated the rules! Thank you all so much for your comments and I'm really glad that you're enjoying the challenge - I never thought this was going to happen and all your comments mean so much to me!! :smiley:

I also want to say a huge thank you to @Persefona711 for being such a wonderful person and for answering people's questions and for having my back in regards to the quote below, it means a great deal to me that you've been looking after this while I've been gone <3

Don't worry about reading the rest of this post, this is in reply to a comment that kinda aggravated me and I needed to respond to it.
    As an Englishman I find it rather, well let's just say, wrong to make up a word and then use it like it really means anything. What is wrong with using words correctly? Parentcy is NOT a word any more than Alphbetcy is. It should read, .. parent/legacy or alphabetical legacy. It is an insult to your intelligence when you use non words as though they are words.

@CalebFillion Firstly, I was young when I created this challenge. Secondly, I find you show a very stubborn and prescriptive attitude towards the English language. The English language is constantly changing; new lexis come into existence by the day - some manage to stick around and some disappear. You show an ignorant view if you believe that there is a right way of using lexis and that 'non words' as you call them are incorrect and unintelligent. All lexis were new and made up once. Do you think Shakespeare was wrong when he started using the lexis 'addicted'? That was a 'non word' when he first used it. Yes, I am aware that parentcy (a blend of 'parent' and 'legacy') isn't a masterpiece of a lexis, but it is a lexis in its own right and I find it quite frankly rude that you have called me unintelligent for using my imagination (however naive it was) to create a name for my challenge. Last but not least, I myself am an Englishwoman and an English student and I would ask that you please don't use the fact that you are an Englishman as an excuse to go around mocking others for their use of a fluid language. You did not invent the English language, you are only a speaker of it. You don't have the right to go around lecturing people and making them feel embarrassed because of their use of their own language.

LOL! Making up words does not make them words. Now would you point me in the right direction to do this challenge or are we going to go round and round on the English language which by the way I am English and therefore speak it very well. I would love to do the challenge though as I really enjoy them all.
    LOL! Making up words does not make them words. Now would you point me in the right direction to do this challenge or are we going to go round and round on the English language which by the way I am English and therefore speak it very well. I would love to do the challenge though as I really enjoy them all.

@CalebFillion I never said you didn't speak English well and also referenced to the fact that you are English but it's clear that you haven't really understood my reply or you haven't read it properly so I'm just going to leave it...
    I have updated the rules and I've made them as clear as I can - I'm not going to redo them because I don't have time to do that and I don't really want to to be quite honest. If there's anything in particular you want me to change about them, it would be helpful if you specified because I can't make them any better if I don't know what's wrong with them in the first place. If you let me know, I'll do my best to change them so that you can do the challenge.
  • Poetry_ParalysisPoetry_Paralysis Posts: 2 New Member
    I’m on Gen 4 rn and this is the furthest I’ve ever gotten on a challenge!!! Love it
    @Poetry_Paralysis Aww thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it!!
    edited December 2018
    @Cookingpup99 I should've checked your original post before I asked about the updated rules lol

Completed one generation so far and I have 42 points!
  • anonymous_llamaanonymous_llama Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys. I'm new to this forum but I have been a sims fan since Sims 2. I was wondering how did you guys start with blogging/Youtubing.
  • CaspeiaCaspeia Posts: 25 Member
    I like the look of this challenge! Currently doing a few other challenges but will start this when I have time :)
  • HalcyonSimmerHalcyonSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    First time blogger but an experienced simmer.....
    Had an awesome save file with this challenge and at gen 8 my game broke and I LOST ALL MY SAVES XD (cri)
    I've decided to retry it but this time keep track while also writing it as a story in the event that I do lose the file again
    If anyone is interested I would love for you guys to visit my page. I'm not a full member yet so i can't post links but the domain is: halcyonsimmer.home.blog
  • Persefona711Persefona711 Posts: 356 Member
    @Cookingpup99 thank you for the awesome challenge :smiley:
    @Poetry_Paralysis wow 4 gen congratulation, maybe share some stories or screenshots? :wink: and good luck with rest gens :smile:
    @SmsMnc14 nice signature and really enjoy read your story :smile:
    @anonymous_llama Hi! Maybe here you can find some helpful answers for you: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884045/a-quick-guide-to-simlit-sims-story-faq/p1
    @Caspeia Share with us when you start the challenge and good luck :smile:
    @HalcyonSimmer Hi, sorry for lost all saves. And amazing you were on gen 8! Good luck with the retry.
    I visited your page but there are only rules, yes? Cannot wait to read your progress on the challenge. :smile:
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • DelladamsonDelladamson Posts: 4 New Member
    I know this is old but I'm confused with gen one.... 20pts for getting married, but it states earlier that the sim can't get married?
    Sorry, also is gen one allowed a job after having the child or not? Again, states 20pts for having a job but also states they shouldn't have a job.
    @Delladamson Hi, It's -20pts for getting married, so if your sim, however, get married you break the rules for gen 1 and you have to -20 from total count.
    And the same situation is with the job. If your sims despite the rules have a job, you have -20 from total count.
    qbDPpCu.jpg
    Ah i see! Sorry I totally missed the minus part. I figured it must mean getting married in the first relationship, so i had my (male) sim get married to the girl he got pregnant on a drunken night out 😂. When they woke up sober and realised what they'd done, she got freaked out and left, leaving the baby with him! So I lost 20 points but it made for a fun story.
    Im loving this challenge BTW!
    Oh by the way I read your comments to the gentleman annoyed at your use of 'parentcy'. I loved your response. It reminded me of something my father said once with regards to text abbreviations and made up words. My father is in his 70s, a highly educated and intelligent man, and a great lover of both spoken and written word. So i was expecting him to be on my side when I was lamenting my hatred of text talk! He very calmly and eloquently expressed to me the normality of what was happening... How this was the usual evolution of language, as it has been happening for centuries. It really made me look at the subject from a totally different perspective.
    @CalebFillion try not to be so rude... Its a real reflection of a character of a person, the way they treat people who have done nothing wrong to them. You're showing yourself up x
    @Delladamson Interesting story plot!
    I also break one rule but in gen 2. My heir has a child before he married but in that way was more interesting for me.
    And it was @Cookingpup99 author of this awesome challenge who responds to him, and I agree with her and with your father :smile:
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Oh by the way I read your comments to the gentleman annoyed at your use of 'parentcy'. I loved your response. It reminded me of something my father said once with regards to text abbreviations and made up words. My father is in his 70s, a highly educated and intelligent man, and a great lover of both spoken and written word. So i was expecting him to be on my side when I was lamenting my hatred of text talk! He very calmly and eloquently expressed to me the normality of what was happening... How this was the usual evolution of language, as it has been happening for centuries. It really made me look at the subject from a totally different perspective.
    @CalebFillion try not to be so rude... Its a real reflection of a character of a person, the way they treat people who have done nothing wrong to them. You're showing yourself up x

LOL! You don't know me, but go ahead and judge away darlin. I don't mind
    @SmsMnc14 I'll add your score to the leaderboard (which is super empty but oh well :D )
    @HalcyonSimmer Oh no that's so frustrating!!! I'll go and check out your page now though, I'm glad you're giving it another go and good luck!
    @Delladamson That does sound like a good storyline, thank you so much for trying out the challenge and also for your comment on my reply :) I was the same with the use of text talk and stuff like that before I started taking English Language and then my view completely changed - your dad sounds like a very wise man.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top