Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February 2nd Pre Gamepack Patch Speculation 2019 (Out Now)

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Unfortunately none of the most important bugs are mentioned:

- rodent cages break the game
    - pets cannot be spayed in NPC vet clinics
    - there is a severe glitch with the actor's stylist in GF
    - level 3 actors default to celebrity walk style
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member

Also there is random teleporting sometimes + as always the simulation lag many are having trouble with.
    K4sies wrote: »

Also there is random teleporting sometimes + as always the simulation lag many are having trouble with.

The random teleporting is indeed very annoying, I think happens when the game doesn't manage to produce the elements of an action in the right order.
    I take everything back, the rodent bug looks fixed.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited February 2019
    I know we got a preview yesterday, but anyone else in love with the new dresses? They work on so many sims.

v9ICrVL.jpg

Edited to add pics of the jewelry, because it looks good on my sim Alexis.

yBeT0OK.jpg
    Post edited by Netzspannung on
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I know we got a preview yesterday, but anyone else in love with the new dresses? They work on so many sims.

v9ICrVL.jpg

I absolutely love them & the new jewelry!
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    wow, the dresses are super beautiful! I play with a lot of mixed asian families so these new items for the lunar new year are greatly desired for my game! I'm so pleased <3
    6riwm5.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Has anyone seen a new fountain?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

@catloverplayer there's no new fountain.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

What was that I saw then?
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

What was that I saw then?

That was objects from CL rocks and a fountain emiter put together with moo. They are part of the gallery lot.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    The Chinese Lunar New Year items are nice, they’ll also be nice for my asian households and restaurants. I also think it brings more cultural diversity.
    It would have been nice to have a new tradition added to make it a holiday though, like giving the red enveloppes. Sims can still eat dumplings and have fireworks though.

I would have liked a new hairdo for women too, the one we got with city living is great but it looks more Japanese/Geisha than Chinese.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I haven't updated yet because of intermittent internet issues, and to be honest I want to wait until modders have a chance to update the mods my game can't live without.

Have they fixed the bug where bills are only $1? That one is driving me up the wall!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I haven't updated yet because of intermittent internet issues, and to be honest I want to wait until modders have a chance to update the mods my game can't live without.

Have they fixed the bug where bills are only $1? That one is driving me up the wall!

What mods do you use? Deaderpool is reporting MCCC unaffected by the patch, and UI Cheats Extension has already been updated.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I wanted to make sure I went in game myself and tried out the toddler hair close up before I made my 100% final verdict on it and, yeah it's definitely another boy hair that they just slapped the feminine label on. And while looking yesterday, there are actually quite a few male toddler hairs that they listed as feminine as well. It only makes me more disappointed that they didn't throw in a new hairstyle for little girls in the update.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Still no fix for not being able to take parental leave. My niece informs me this bug has now made it to console too. And people wonder why I hardly play the sims 4
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

What mods do you use? Deaderpool is reporting MCCC unaffected by the patch, and UI Cheats Extension has already been updated.

MCCC, some of Neia's career mods, one or two others.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I find it so odd that we got a decorative orange tree as a houseplant in this update, but we don't have a functional orange tree for our gardens. ????
    edited February 2019
    I wanted to make sure I went in game myself and tried out the toddler hair close up before I made my 100% final verdict on it and, yeah it's definitely another boy hair that they just slapped the feminine label on. And while looking yesterday, there are actually quite a few male toddler hairs that they listed as feminine as well. It only makes me more disappointed that they didn't throw in a new hairstyle for little girls in the update.

What I don't understand is how now one of the more male designed hairs is tagged as feminine and one of the longer toddler hairs is tagged as male. You could just click the cross in the filters and use them. This is really annoying because now it's impossible to distinguish male from female toddlers if they appear with those hairs. I wish they didn't tag so many hairs with both tags, in children and toddlers it's really hard to tell which is which. And if filters exist why make every hair unisex? Doesn't really make sense to me.

But honestly, they keep adding female hairs double males and males always get their hair tagged as both female and male. It's really annoying.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Was hoping for some love day or romantic stuff. But ok
    WbUrFQm.png
    leetamme wrote: »

we did get that in Seasons tbf
    6riwm5.png
    leetamme wrote: »

One of the dresses has rose pedals on it. That can work for Love Day.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Are the leaf piles gone?
    Is the stink from the leaf piles gone?
    Can Sims woohoo in the leaf piles?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited February 2019

They do that with adult hair as well, that way they do not have to make more hair for women girls and girl toddlers, If you look at the women hats most are same as men hats. lots of pants and tops of kids as well.

I do not understand a big company like EA/Maxis would do that knowing people will see it, and find another thing to criticize about Sims 4.

The gold is to increase sales I thought so we can move on to Sims 5. So why do little annoying things that are so easy to notice? If the Simmers want Hair give them hair, nice hair and lots of it. Just keep them happy for the next few years so that we can get on to Sims 5 please for Sims sake.

The main goal hold on to your fan base. They are the ones that will buy SIms 5 and, will buy all the EPs left for Sims 4 and the ones that have Bought the game from the start.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    edited February 2019
    Are the leaf piles gone?
    Is the stink from the leaf piles gone?
    Can Sims woohoo in the leaf piles?
    6riwm5.png