Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tarot Mafia Round 3 - Reversed Cards (Mafia) Win!

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
edited February 2019 in Off Topic Chat
Welcome to Iceman's Tarot Mafia Game!

XtnE5n2.jpg

Dennis is a research assistant hoping to make it to grad school. He sent a few applications to some schools, hoping to get into at least one of them. As the results are soon coming out, he's been anxious as of late. Normally he's not very superstitious, but he recently decided to visit this mysterious fortune telling wagon that came to town one day so that he can alleviate his fears somewhat. Will he make it into academia? It's all in the cards...
Rules and Guidelines
  • I can accommodate 8-22 players.
  • Days will last 24 hours and nights will last 12 hours in real time, unless there are enough final votes to achieve a hammer (see below).
  • Do not talk about the game in private with other players, unless both of you are already discarded from the game.
  • DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS
  • When voting, make sure to either bold it or put it in ALL CAPS for me to see it easily. (e.g. Vote: Jamie or VOTE: RICK)
  • Role claiming is allowed. It's up to you to decide if you believe a person's claim or not.
  • Avoid talking about the game during night. You're all supposed to be asleep, after all. Talking off-topic is fine.
  • Discarded players can still post off-topic, but they can't influence the game by offering their opinions.
  • In the case of a tie, the person who has held the most votes the longest will be lynched.
  • If you have a night action and you don't submit anything, your action will be skipped over for that night. Make sure to turn in your actions early if you expect to be gone for more than a day.
  • Try to be active from time to time. A Mafia game is more fun when all players post on the thread.
How does this work?
Short version

This works just like any other regular Mafia game. You will receive your role, and any power you can use if your role has one. I will use different terms to suit the theme, but the game plays out the same.
  • Upright cards - Town
  • Reversed cards - Mafia
  • Discarded - Lynched/killed
Long version
  • Approximately 1/4 of all players in the game are reversed/Mafia, rounded up
  • Approximately 1/4 of all players in the game will have a power role, rounded up. At least one of the power roles is guaranteed to be reversed. If there are 5 or more reversed cards in the game, two reversed cards will have a power role
  • The cards below are the possible roles in the game. A card with a listed power has the possibility of wielding that power in the game, but this is not guaranteed. It's possible to hold an Empress or Temperance card, for example, that has no powers. This is randomized.
  • Each card is unique and can only belong to one player at most per game
  • If a card has an active power, the role PM and reveal will have the word "Empowered" in it

The Fool - New beginnings and limitless potential
2-shot Mimic - Twice per game, at night, you can ask to copy another player's power. For that night, you will be able to use the power of another player in the game, drawn at random. If you randomly receive a power from a player with an opposing alignment (e.g. a reversed mimic copies an upright card), you will perform your alignment's version of that power.
Wtqfrnc.png

The Magician - Resourcefulness and Concentration
Powerless
9iWBCZx.png

The Priestess - Intuition and Insight
Upright: 2-shot Cop - Twice per game, at night, you can investigate another player to learn if they're upright or reversed.
Reversed: 2-shot Role Cop - Twice per game, at night, you can investigate another player to learn their card and whether they have any powers.
HhkLW0I.png

The Empress - Fertility and Maternity
Upright: Doctor - At night, you can protect yourself or another player from getting discarded. You can only protect yourself once for the whole game.
Reversed: 1-shot Poisoner - Once per game, at night, you may poison another player. If that player survives the following day, s/he will be discarded the following night and will be announced to have your role and alignment, while that player's true card will be revealed in the private factional chat. Otherwise, the poison backfires and you will be discarded the following night instead.
uLvsniU.png

The Emperor - Structure and Authority
Upright: 2-shot Jailkeeper - Twice per game, at night, you may choose to lock a player in jail. That player's power action, if any, will fail that night, but that player will also be safe from getting discarded.
Reversed: 1-shot Interceptor - Once per game, at night, you may intercept all other power roles in the game, guaranteeing failure for all their actions.
rBvNAN7.png

The Pope - Tradition and Beliefs
Powerless
zz0ATq1.png

The Lovers - Relationships and Choices
Upright: Mason - At the beginning of the game, you will be given a private chat with a random player in the game, wherein you can discuss your thoughts during the day or night. Your mason partner is guaranteed to be upright.
Reversed: 1-shot Mass Redirector - Once per game, at night, you may choose another player in the game. For that given night, all actions performed by the upright power roles will be redirected to that person.
vyRzg29.png

The Chariot - Willpower and Determination
Upright: 1-shot Bulletproof - Once per game, at night, whenever a player performs an action that would cause you to be discarded, that action will be prevented. You will be informed when this happens.
Reversed: 2-shot roleblocker - Twice per game, at night, you may choose another player. If that player performs an action for that night, it will fail.
baqFnSI.png

Justice - Truth and Justice
Upright: Innocent Child - Once per game, during the day, the innocent child may PM the host to reveal his/her status as the innocent child. The host will confirm his/her role in the thread.
Reversed: Godfather - You are immune to all investigative and tracking roles
NDzwJR0.png

The Hermit - Introspection and Inner Guidance
Powerless
SxkKGS1.png

The Wheel of Fortune - Luck and Destiny
Powerless
uOitZQu.png

Strength - Strength and Courage
Powerless
RKLDwl1.png

The Hanged Man - Suspension and Sacrifice
Powerless
TNKKcTB.png

Death - Endings and Transformation
1-shot Vigilante - Once per game, at night, you may choose to discard another player. If reversed, you may use your power while another teammate discards another player, allowing you to possibly discard two players in a single night.
oLmfduf.png

Temperance - Balance and Moderation
2-shot Jack-of-all-Trades - You will receive two random powers appropriate to your alignment, each of which can be used once per night in the game. (e.g. 1 investigation and 1 doctor save for an upright Temperance). Unlike the Fool, it's possible that no other players in the game possess the powers that you have. The powers you can receive are restricted to the following for balance reasons:

Upright
  • Cop
  • Doctor
  • Jailkeeper
  • Tracker
Reversed
  • Role Cop
  • Roleblocker
  • Tracker
QvMoxLh.png

The Devil - Bondage and Materialism
Powerless
e70XAIn.png

The Tower - Disaster and Revelation
Powerless
i2UdmQy.png

The Star - Hope and Renewal
2-shot Tracker - Twice per game, at night, you can choose another player and see whether they visited anyone that night.
PlxoptI.png

The Moon - Fear and Anxiety
Special Effect: If the Sun and Moon are both in the game, they will have their own private chat. The alignment of either card is not guaranteed.
9KLcMpn.png

The Sun - Success and Positivity
Special Effect: If the Sun and Moon are both in the game, they will have their own private chat. The alignment of either card is not guaranteed.
SjqW0zy.png

Judgment - Judgment and Absolution
1-shot Pollster - Once per game, during the day, you may PM the host the names of two other players. If both are still in play the next day, they will be the only eligible candidates for discarding for that day. If one of them is discarded, you will take that person's place. If both are discarded, you will be discarded as well. You may only use this while more than half of all players are still in play.
zaMZTXw.png

The World - Completion and Integration
Powerless
5xVRdlP.png
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
Post edited by icmnfrsh on

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited February 2019
    SPECIAL MECHANIC

The Final Vote

As a compromise between those who prefer hammers and those who prefer fixed schedules, I will be introducing the final vote. Any time during the day, instead of casting a regular vote, you may cast a final vote instead by stating the word "final" (e.g. Final Vote: Niels or FINAL VOTE: Merel)

How is this different from a regular vote? Once you cast a final vote, you won't be able to change your vote for the rest of the day, although you can still participate in the discussion. Final votes count toward a hammer, so if majority of players cast a final vote on someone (e.g. 5/9 players cast a final vote on Sarah), that person will immediately be lynched/discarded and the game will move on to night.

The remaining hours left in the day will carry over to the next day, although I may also use some of these hours to extend night if the situation calls for it.

Vote wisely.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited February 2019
    Players
    1. Wagashi, the Reversed Empowered Fool, Wins Day 5
    2. Bubbz, the Upright World, Endgamed Day 5
    3. Bow, the Reversed Pope, Wins Day 5
    4. Rose, the Upright Empowered Star, Discarded Night 4
    5. Gameplay, the Upright Empowered Priestess, Discarded Night 1
    6. City, the Upright Chariot, Discarded Day 5
    7. Charlie, the Upright Lovers, Discarded Day 4
    8. DeKay, the Upright Empress, Discarded Night 3
    9. Tuti, the Upright Moon, Discarded Day 1
    10. Plumbob, the Upright Tower, Endgamed Day 5
    11. Lluvia, the Upright Empowered Temperance, Discarded Night 2
    12. Agua, the Upright Death, Discarded Day 3
    13. Nyx, the Upright Judgment, Endgamed Day 5
    14. Kitty, the Reversed Justice, Wins Day 5
    15. Zinnia, the Reversed Devil, Wins Day 5
    16. Choco, the Upright Magician, Endgamed Day 5
    17. Sub, the Upright Sun, Discarded Day 2

edited February 2019
    Summary and Links

Round One
    Round Two

Day/Night Links
    Final Vote Counts
    Final Vote Count Day 1

DeKay votes Zinnia
    DeKay unvotes
    Bubbz votes DeKay
    DeKay votes City
    Lluvia votes DeKay
    Charlie votes Tuti
    Bubbz votes Tuti
    Tuti votes Charlie
    Rose votes DeKay
    Nyx votes Charlie
    Charlie unvotes
    Zinnia votes Lluvia
    Tuti unvotes
    Nyx unvotes
    Tuti votes City
    Gameplay votes Charlie
    Kitty votes Lluvia

Choco votes Lluvia
    Bow votes Charlie
    Choco votes Tuti
    DeKay votes Lluvia
    City votes Tuti
    Rose votes Tuti

Tuti - Bubbz, Choco, City, Rose
    Lluvia - Zinnia, Kitty, DeKay
    Charlie - Gameplay, Bow
    DeKay - Lluvia
    City - Tuti
    Final Vote Count Day 2

Choco votes Rose
    Plumbob votes Rose
    DeKay votes Rose
    Kitty votes Rose
    Zinnia votes Lluvia
    Charlie votes Rose
    Choco votes Charlie
    DeKay votes Lluvia
    Plumbob votes Lluvia
    Bow votes Charlie
    Kitty votes Lluvia
    Rose votes Lluvia
    Wagashi votes Rose
    Choco votes Wagashi
    Choco votes Charlie
    Plumbob votes Charlie
    City votes Charlie
    Zinnia votes Agua
    DeKay votes Rose
    DeKay votes Sub
    Lluvia votes Sub
    Zinnia votes Sub

Plumbob votes Lluvia
    Bubbz votes Wagashi
    Plumbob votes Sub
    Kitty votes Sub
    Choco votes Sub
    Wagashi votes Sub
    Charlie votes Lluvia
    Agua votes Sub
    Nyx votes Sub

Sub - DeKay, Lluvia, Zinnia, Plumbob, Kitty, Choco, Wagashi, Agua, Nyx
    Lluvia - Charlie, Rose
    Charlie - Bow, City
    Wagashi - Bubbz
    Final Vote Count Day 3

DeKay votes Wagashi
    Zinnia votes Agua
    Plumbob votes Agua
    Agua votes DeKay

Choco votes Agua
    Bubbz votes Agua
    Rose votes Agua
    Rose votes Charlie
    Rose unvotes
    Rose votes Agua
    Kitty votes Agua

Choco votes Charlie
    Charlie votes Agua
    Wagashi votes Agua
    Choco votes Agua
    Bow votes Agua
    Nyx votes Agua

Agua - Zinnia, Plumbob, Bubbz, Rose, Kitty, Charlie, Wagashi, Choco, Bow, Nyx
    Wagashi - DeKay
    DeKay - Agua
    Final Vote Count Day 4

Zinnia votes Wagashi
    Choco votes Wagashi
    Nyx votes Wagashi
    City votes Charlie
    Kitty votes Charlie
    Charlie votes Wagashi

Rose votes Wagashi
    Plumbob votes Wagashi
    Plumbob unvotes
    Plumbob votes Charlie
    Wagashi votes Charlie

Choco votes Zinnia
    Choco votes Charlie
    Rose votes Charlie
    Bow votes Charlie

Charlie - City, Kitty, Plumbob, Wagashi, Choco, Rose, Bow
    Wagashi - Zinnia, Nyx, Charlie
    Final Vote Count Day 5

Choco votes Zinnia
    Plumbob votes Zinnia
    Zinnia votes Wagashi
    Choco unvotes
    Zinnia votes City
    Plumbob unvotes
    Kitty votes Plumbob
    Wagashi votes City
    Bow votes City
    City votes Zinnia

City - Zinnia, Wagashi, Bow
    Plumbob - Kitty
    Zinnia - City

Night Actions
    Night 1
    Wagashi kills Gameplay
    Rose tracks DeKay
    Lluvia protects Nyx
    Night 2
    Wagashi role cops Rose (Empowered Star)
    Bow kills Lluvia
    Rose tracks Charlie
    Lluvia jailkeeps DeKay
    Night 3
    Wagashi copies the tracker power but doesn't use it
    Kitty kills DeKay
    Night 4
    Zinnia kills Rose

You may now post

• LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Aw sims 2 :heart:

Can I join?
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Meeeeeeeeee
    Oh hamburgers!
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Me me me
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Me. Though I am still slightly confused, so I’ll need to read over again
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
    LluviaRain wrote: »

Actually, I might just take a break and use the time to work on my non existent Portuguese (and improve my other languages)
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    Can i play?
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating

Actually, I might just take a break and use the time to work on my non existent Portuguese (and improve my other languages)

When does it start? I’ll try and play, but I may change my mind before the game starts
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Meeee
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Mememememmeee
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Me. Hah, God knows I won't use the final vote. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I didn't realize I didn't play round two. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

When does it start? I’ll try and play, but I may change my mind before the game starts

I'll probably end sign ups this Friday

DeKay wrote: »

Yeah, I think you were taking a break then and requested to be in the blind afterlife

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Is this a custom setup? Seems very interesting.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Is this a custom setup? Seems very interesting.

Yeah, almost everything has limited shots for balance purposes

icmnfrsh wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

Yeah, I think you were taking a break then and requested to be in the blind afterlife

Haha, I think that was the time when I got mad I always died early and end up in afterlife after one day phase so I didn't bother joining. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I'll join :)
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    And ive been powerless both times. Town both times too
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    And ive been powerless both times. Town both times too

If I'm town in this game, I want town to win cuz mafia already won twice. I can't make promises if I'm mafia tho. Hehe. :D
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Mafia or werewolves won most of the games I hosted on this forum, for some reason 🤔 The first town win was my Marvel Mafia actually