Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one? (CC)

That spends hours on CC websites downloading tons of CC more than playing the actual game? Yesterday I browsed TSR for 8 hours straight, I just started using CC in Sims 4 a week ago and now I can't quit, I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. The Modders and creators out there are SO amazing :)

Comments

• LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    You're not the only one. CC shopping is my weakness! I can also spend hours and hours finding things and then I end up barely playing the game. :D
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited February 2019
    ----scratch that~ lol. back to using cc again. im weak.
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    You probably aren't alone but that could never be me, I can't imagine looking through TSR for eight hours lol (though I don't use TSR in the first place)

I usually just check two sections of lana's (male clothing and male hair) maybe once every other week until I'm caught up and that's that
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    You probably aren't alone but that could never be me, I can't imagine looking through TSR for eight hours lol (though I don't use TSR in the first place)

I usually just check two sections of lana's (male clothing and male hair) maybe once every other week until I'm caught up and that's that

I do admit TSR has a lot of annoying ads, but after 8 hours you tend to get used to it lol!
  • SimurgSimurg Posts: 361 Member
    Hahaha same here. I just started using Maxis Match CC and now I find myself spending my spare time browsing Pinterest and Tumblr :smiley:
    5a46jk.jpg
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I have to stop myself sometimes, deliberately. I don't even use most the the stuff I downoad lol.
    I'm thinking I'll remove all the CC I don't use and just keep what I do use. Gonna be a lot of work. But I wanna give my game/laptop a break.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    CC is SO. ADDICTING. My goodness, I have over 6gbts worth that I'm sorting through while I play a vanilla save. I've accumulated way too much, lol.

I do recommend that you stay organized from the beginning. You can put your content into subfolders and label them however you want, I.E. by creator, style, category, etc. It really helps to stay on top of things, especially when a patch comes and can potentially break mods/CC. It's much harder to sort through to find a broken piece of CC when everything is mixed up willy-nilly in the mods folder. I've learned this from experience, haha.
    #Team Occult
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I used to be like that but I slowed down after my poor little computer began to complain. :D
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I keep my cc to a minimum. I use pinterest, but many of the things I love either do not have a link anymore or virus protection program finds the links as unsafe.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sometimes I’ll go on a binge, but then I test it all out and usually end up deleting most of it lol.

I’m pretty fussy when it comes to meshes and textures.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    I'm too scared to add cc to my game. Clearly it's not a problem?
    Do you have problems with it?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    I go CC shopping for HOURS, but don't download a lot lol. I just love looking at it all!
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    February11 wrote: »

I use a ton of CC. Always have since sims 2. Every once in awhile when there is a new update select CC will malfunction but it's such a super easy fix. You just got to sims studio and do a batch fix. The only real problems that arise come from mods. Mods are different than CC as they manipulate game play so if a mod malfunctions it can cause gameplay issues and then you have to figure out which mod it is and either update it or delete it from your folder. I've never had any severe issues that would ever cause me to not use them though. I dont know how people play without CC or mods. Once you use them you wont go back to vanilla lol. You will love it.

Other problems to watch out for. Some hair and clothing CC have meshes that if not downloaded will cause weird glitches like a sim walking around with only a head. Make sure to look if it needs a mesh or not.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I'm not in your club, but I did the exact same thing back with TS3 and TS2. Going a tad more vanilla with TS4, but I frequently look out for more movie making specific objects on a few CC sites.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    That spends hours on CC websites downloading tons of CC more than playing the actual game? Yesterday I browsed TSR for 8 hours straight, I just started using CC in Sims 4 a week ago and now I can't quit, I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. The Modders and creators out there are SO amazing :)

Thats me
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    soko37 wrote: »

I use a ton of CC. Always have since sims 2. Every once in awhile when there is a new update select CC will malfunction but it's such a super easy fix. You just got to sims studio and do a batch fix. The only real problems that arise come from mods. Mods are different than CC as they manipulate game play so if a mod malfunctions it can cause gameplay issues and then you have to figure out which mod it is and either update it or delete it from your folder. I've never had any severe issues that would ever cause me to not use them though. I dont know how people play without CC or mods. Once you use them you wont go back to vanilla lol. You will love it.

Other problems to watch out for. Some hair and clothing CC have meshes that if not downloaded will cause weird glitches like a sim walking around with only a head. Make sure to look if it needs a mesh or not.

Probably answered your question with how others play vanilla game.

Nothing wrong with playing vanilla game, but sometimes downloading CC and mods can sometimes not be worth all the problems it can cause in a game. Anyone remember that doll situation on the s3 exchange?

I can play vanilla S2 just fine as I found it to look great. I probably used more CC in S3 than anything and that had a lot of problems. Played S4 for a good long while without CC too as the game still looks nice on its own. Think I started with a subtle skintone for CC for S4 and MCC before I started downloading more.

I just can't do alpha CC anymore. Majority of creators don't even attempt to lower the poly count on them. 20k-60k hairs? No thank you.

Then there's the thing when sims start showering in their clothes due to CC between people not tagging them correctly. So, I can understand why some don't want to bother with CC.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Might waste an hour or two doing so though I assume most get burned out just searching for CC and mods they just open the game up the next day or later. I'll usually go into the game and check if the CC looks like it suppose to since too many people put filters on their images.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I have a question (I remember S2 and S3 having such a program) but is there a program that can detect a CC file that doesn't work?
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    I have a question (I remember S2 and S3 having such a program) but is there a program that can detect a CC file that doesn't work?

I use the mod conflict detector it is really helpful and easy to use.
    http://modthesims.info/d/561550/mod-conflict-detector-update-03-03-2018.html
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I love cc and mods! Yes they are a pain in the buttocks when a patch is released but imho, it is worth it. Most of my cc is clothes, makeup, buy and build items. I try to keep everything down to a minimum but it is difficult. Right now my mods folder is 1.6 GB...I am very proud of myself in how I keep it down to size...I go to therapy now, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Yes and no. I do go on a download binge but not all is used. First of all, I am careful how much I add each time. I have one specific folder where I store all my CC (I store my dowloaded CC in a seperate folder sorted by room and type away from the game folder) I haven't installed yet called 'not in game'. Yes very original name but descriptive. The uninstalled CC stays there until I install bit by bit and then I move the installed ones into other approbriate folders. For instance if it is kitchen it goes into kitchen, dining room goes also into kitchen but into its subfolder dining room, and so on. I always keep the copies of the installed CC incase I have catastrophic computer crash and lose everything. But right now, my 'not in game folder' is managable. I have deleted a more than a few things I know I will never install.

My mods folder containing my installed CC is 5.68 GB. containing 4544 items. Is that alot? I have NO mods installed at the moment. I ripped all of them out at the last major mod breaking patch and I haven't gotten around replacing them with the updated ones.

But for me, my weakness is mainly furniture and objects related CC and I love maxis match and prefer that but I also have several things that is not but that matches well with MM.

I have very little CAS CC items and most of those are the ones bundled up with User Created Packs and I am loathed to seperate them. If I install User Created Packs I prefer to put everything in. I have all the packs except the newest one and I find myself content with the existing CAS items. I will probably add some little things into CAS in the nearest future, especially Goth related outfit. As of right now I now find myself having 2 teens,3 YAs and 1 elder liking the color black very much (two of whom are goths, one a vamp wannabe and one vamp) and the official game CAS content doesn't really have much good variety in that category.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I do it too. Though, oddly, I don't play with much of it in my game. I go on binges and I'll play with my cc for a few weeks then remove it and play it without cc again until I get the shopping bug once more and repeat the cycle. :P Its a sickness :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    edited February 2019
    February11 wrote: »

:D

Thanks for the info. Does it help to remove the folder containing cc out of the EA folder before patching? I tend to do that with my saves folder before patching.
    Also, which is a safe site to get cc from?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Probably answered your question with how others play vanilla game.

Nothing wrong with playing vanilla game, but sometimes downloading CC and mods can sometimes not be worth all the problems it can cause in a game. Anyone remember that doll situation on the s3 exchange?

I can play vanilla S2 just fine as I found it to look great. I probably used more CC in S3 than anything and that had a lot of problems. Played S4 for a good long while without CC too as the game still looks nice on its own. Think I started with a subtle skintone for CC for S4 and MCC before I started downloading more.

I just can't do alpha CC anymore. Majority of creators don't even attempt to lower the poly count on them. 20k-60k hairs? No thank you.

Then there's the thing when sims start showering in their clothes due to CC between people not tagging them correctly. So, I can understand why some don't want to bother with CC.

For me I actually think it's fun troubleshooting the problems and fixing them. I'm weird. What's not fun are base game bugs that I cant fix myself. But like I said most problems are easily fixed once you learn your way around cc and mods. It becomes less of an issue but I totally understand those not wanting to mess with it. It's just once you do it's hard to go back.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Since this iteration now centers around and relies so deeply upon mods and cc to make the game more enjoyable, immersive, less bug-riddled and playable the way so many of us actually want to play it... it would be really nice if EA to provided a simple way to enact or disable player-made content like mods/cc until they're updated.... somewhat like Steam does for their games via their workshop.

That way instead of breaking the mod/cc after updates and always dealing with updating everything, we can actually play the game instead of having a 2nd job of continuously performing gaming maintenance.