Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ModernXArchitect's Showcase

In this thread, I'll be showing off some of my favorite creations. Some of them might be in other threads also. But, here, all of my creations will be in one place. I also do custom builds by request. Just let me know what you're looking for and I'll do my best to suit your needs.

Gallery ID: ModernXArchitect
Twitter: simsarchitect13

Comments

• ModernxArchitectModernxArchitect Posts: 64 Member
    I have 6 of my favorite starter builds to share with you as of right now.
    There will be more coming so stay tuned.

First up, is a simple base game starter home with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom.
    Item Name: Base Game Starter 1
    Cost Including Lot: $19,058

0J0QGvb.png

w2FfUQX.png

Second, is another 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom home.
    Item Name: Simple Starter
    Cost Including Lot: $18,693

vLvL6mv.png

mHWmtqT.png

Third and Fourth are starter homes I made for the Starter Showoff Challenges 4 and 5, respectively.

Item Name: The Sound of Silence
    Cost Including Lot: $18,798

1 bedroom, 1.5 bathrooms

RfN7RGq.png

KhkVUxg.png

Item Name: A Starter for Me
    Cost Including Lot: $18,297

1 bedroom, 1 bathroom

9zNHUPC.png

1c1LFux.png

rqt1dJX.png

I'll just let this next one speak for itself.

Item Name: Modern Starter Home
    Cost Including Lot: $19,441

8YH2p5f.png

7pGPKwk.png

Finally, a simple 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom modern home.

Item Name: Modern Starter
    Cost Including Lot: $20,007 (Just barely too much for a single sim)

JBAnQH4.png

L4rHvL8.png
    edited June 2018
    This is probably the best thing I've created so far! It's a 4 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom Modern Mansion with a Studio-Style Guest House. The huge yard is great for children and pets to play care-free! I used Move Objects for the landscaping and possibly a little furnishing. But, everything works as intended.

Look for "Modern Legacy Estate" on the Gallery. Also, it's under #ModernXArchitect and #NoCC among a handful of other tags.

SYtqI1n.png

8IRf3Bj.png

2cAs8Q8.png

4yeEWNq.png

E7WBbuO.png

WJFpBnq.png

zd26IC1.png

zTuqb0E.png

wDvigyV.png
    Here is a move-in ready, 3 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom house that I built in Brindleton Bay called Yates Manor.
    Cost including Lot Value: $35,472
    There is plenty of space to remodel and expand as your family and needs grow.

From Manage Worlds, it kinda looks like a dog's head haha

idehd9f.png

It has a mostly open floor plan on the first floor, along with the first bedroom.

nluBkNS.png

And, 2 bedrooms upstairs.

sl1lvhC.png
    Williams Estate, a move-in ready 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom suburban home.
    Cost including Lot Value: $48,055

gbfabT0.png

First floor: Open floor plan, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, dining room with fireplace, and a fenced-in backyard

rGYqeXN.png

Second floor: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, loft area overlooking dining room and chandelier

PGmUjLd.png

Third floor: master suite and sitting area

s7pgbTF.png
    I give you Stewart Manor. It's a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom home.
    Cost including Lot Value: $49,648 (right at the top of the budget)

6uSM8Ux.png

Fenced-in backyard with pool.

wf8UTvJ.png

Open Plan first floor with Garage

efanu8J.png

3 bedrooms, 1 spacious bathroom

MmCChcG.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    It is great that you have started a showcase thread for your builds :)
    I will repost here what I wrote on the other threads about your homes .
    Each of your starter homes are very nice! :) It is a challenge to build starters with the reduced budget, and you have done these homes very well! Very nice exterior designs. The flowers look pretty along the edges of the front of Modern Starter Home.

The layout and design of Modern Legacy Estate looks very great! :) The flowers and plants on the edges on the home and the cherry blossom trees through the outdoors areas looks very pretty and nice! It is great that there is a studio guest house in the build! Very nice pool patio for sims to enjoy swimming in the pool, or sitting resting on the armchairs and sofa poolside in the outside air. Kids would have fun playing on the spaceship and monkey bars. Very nice layout and furnishing of of the interior! The red and white colour scheme looks very effective and nice!
    It is a very nice home ! :)

William Estate and Yates Manor are very nice! :) Very nice designs of the exteriors of them, and the layout of the interiors looks very nice. They are great houses for sims families to enjoy moving into and making them their homes.

Stewart Manor is a very nice family home! :) The red and grey colour scheme of the exterior walls gives a nice look to the home . Very nice roof covered front entrance. It is great that there is a pool in the backyard for sims to enjoy swimming in, and kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food at the picnic table in the outdoors air. The layout of the interior looks very nice! The dinosaur and clouds prints and posters look great on the kids bedrooms walls.
    Thanks @rosemow I feel like showcase threads are a great way for builders to show of their creations in an organized way haha
    Item Name: Everything's Symmetrical
    The title is a play on words of the title of a short story Everything's Eventual by Stephen King.
    Cost Including Lot: $19,873

lGNij71.png

xujJRhr.png
    edited June 2018
    Everything’s symmetrical looks great! :) It is nice the type of windows that you have used in the build. Very nice light filled living room for sims to enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst sitting resting on the sofa watching tv.
    It is a very nice starter home :)
    edited June 2018
    Thanks @rosemow I know I can always count on you for positive reinforcement! I'm glad you have a strong presence in the community!
    Item Name: Number 5
    Cost Including Lot: $65,619

This modern 2-bedroom, 1.5 bathroom home is great for a small family who has worked their way up in the world. Paintings by @SurfChicCreation
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful artwork with us!

GtYnRey.png

hWvgK0Y.png

tstVwsV.png

Item Name: Number 6
    Cost Including Lot: $19,802

This lovely little home has everything your sim needs to start their new life. It even has a washer and dryer! The backyard is great for outdoor cats and small dogs.

y6Mv8Ck.png

WQy9eFv.png
    Both of the homes are very nice :) Very nice layout of the interiors. The floor rug in Lot 5 adds a nice look to the living room, and it is great that there is a computer study desk nook in the corner of the room. It is a nice touch that you have used SurfchicCreations paintings in the build.
    The cherry blossom tree in Lot 6 looks very pretty! It is great that there is a laundry nook corner in the bathroom. The green colour of the central room in the home gives a very nice calming look and feel to the build.
    So, this next one, I uploaded a while back. I was super disappointed that it got only 1 download and zero favorites because almost everything I've made has gotten more than that. So, I was trying to figure out why. The thumbnail looked great. The design (in my opinion) is very nicely done. Honestly, I feel like I outdid myself with this build a bit. Then, when I was looking at the post again today, I realized that one of the trees in the backyard was blocking the view for the 2 thumbnails of the interior. So, I took it down, chopped down the willow tree, moved one of the other trees, and planted a new elm tree. Now, you can see the inside MUCH better on the gallery. But, I also took a LOT of photos of this house just in case. HAHA I know it's a lot to look through. But, I hope you like it as much as I do! <3

Item Name: Number 4
    Cost Including Lot: $138,745

4lZSGq8.png
    2neEI1q.png
    vkr2mNq.png
    9eYypo6.png
    W4Uyeom.png
    swdoKus.png
    nGU7ogH.png
    NA3L4SX.png
    BZuHSzu.png
    S047Wvp.png
    lKAfcRL.png
    JTkYW7l.png
    Rwla8CD.png
    aGVgdGO.png
    L3LPTV2.png
    ARHXERl.png
    5PNbWIO.png
    Your lot number 4 home is very nice! :) The rectangular windows look very nice in the build, and the row of trees is a very nice touch. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The dining room is a very nice light filled room for Sims to enjoy eating a meal with sunshine coming in through the windows. The patterned floor rug is a nice touch. Nice nook areas in the living room, for Sims to enjoy watching tv or resting in front of the fire. The design of the kitchen looks great! It looks very nice the type of anf how the cabinets have been placed on the wall. It is great that there is an island workbench in the room. It looks great the way that the bookcases have been placed along the corner walls in the study. The trees wall pattern is a nice touch. Very nice art room for Sims to enjoy looking out through the windows whilst painting on the easel. The outdoors areas look great! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating outdoors in the air at the table. Very nice fenced swimming pool patio. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool . Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars, and all Sims will like sitting around the fire pit toasting food.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow I'm really proud of this house. I was actually underwhelmed by for a while. Then, when I was looking back through it, i realized that it was actually some of my best work haha
    I just finished a base game only mansion with a guest house. It has a 3-season dining room. So, it's perfect for a Sim family that can afford to move when winter comes (or just brave the snow).

Item Name: Cypress Estates
    Cost Including Lot: $144,800

jGzIFeo.png
    b9FeiYE.png
    loNoRby.png
    Iuy7VpA.png
    BrMfYmW.png
    XbMKoAT.png
    crDUbzb.png
    edited June 2018
    Also, this is a "little" side project I've been working on. It's a replica of Thornewood Castle (the house that Stephen King's Rose Red was filmed in). I changed the backyard a bit to reflect the house from the movie more. The interior, however, is completely my design (but, you don't get to see that yet). Let me know what you think so far though. Anything you'd change or add? I'd love your suggestions on what to do out front!

I give you, Oakwood Estates (I'll take suggestions on a new name also hahaha)

ddqIUmf.png
    guibwLU.png
    The layout of Cypress Estates looks very nice! :) It is helpful for simmers that it is base game only.It is nice that there are large glass windows for Sims to enjoy looking out at the weather through the different seasons. The steps up to the front patio looks great! It is nice that there is a guest house as a part of the build. Very nice pool ,gardening and outdoors dining patio! Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating outdoors in the air, or resting poolside on the seating . Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior. The fireplace nook is very nice for Sims to sit and rest on the sofa in front of the fire, watching tv and listening to the grand piano music being played.
    Your WIP is looking so very great! :) Very nice exterior of the building! The roofing looks great! The design of the hedging maze is so very creative! It looks very nice!
    @rosemow thanks again for the nice comments :)

I built an empty castle with a backstory.

Gruenewald Castle: 64x64, Hound's Head (Brindleton Bay), 3 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, $127,041

Built in the lake 1400s, this castle was once home to the powerful Gruenewald Family. Ulrike and Sophia designed the castle themselves. Soon after taking residence in their new home, their son, Phillipp, was born. A few years later, a man named Lukas showed up at their gates in desparate need of medical attention. Thankfully, Ulrike was a Doctor. As payment for saving his life, Lukas pledged his life to serve the Gruenewald Family as their butler...until that fateful night...

4NAr9vO.png

ovwFn9x.png
  • VicingusVicingus Posts: 107 Member
    May i come with a few suggestions to your latest build?
    Youtube Channel: Vicingus
    Sims 4 Gallery: Vicingus
    Very nice exterior design and layout of Gruenewald Castle! :) The towers on the corners of the build look great! It looks very nice the type of and placement of the windows. The moat around the castle and the bridge is very nice!
    It was great to read the background story details! :) I wonder what happened that night!
    Vicingus wrote: »

Yes! Please do!
  • VicingusVicingus Posts: 107 Member
    Vicingus wrote: »

Yes! Please do!

I really like the overall idea and shape of the build, and the back story is a great touch as well. But the build come out a bit bland in the pictures, like it is lacking life and a bit of details. I'm not sure what style that would fit best for the build, but i would suggest adding a bit more to the landscape in general.

If you are going for an untamed look, maybe add a some high grass and some wildflowers, a bit dirt around the plants and around the corners of the build. Maybe also add some cracks to the walls?

If you are more into a pretty well hold look, i would suggest making the grass look neatly mowed, by adding each other row in a slightly different green. You could also add some flower beds or some statues in the front of the gate area.

In both cases i think you should consider adding dormers on the roofs, balconies at some of the windows, stones and or plants lining the water, trims around some of the walls. All just to give it a bit character, stand out more to the viewer and make it more interesting to look at :)
    Youtube Channel: Vicingus
    Sims 4 Gallery: Vicingus