Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I must share with you the god of shoe

Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
So I found this blog today.
https://masims3.wordpress.com/

So if you're like me and obsessed with shoes, enjoy! :3
Post edited by Emily4331 on

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @Emily4331 Well it takes awhile to get back to Sims 3 shoes but those are awesome! Thanks for the link.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Yeah, I wish it was a bit more convenient. :lol: But I think it's worth it. Especially because they are quality shoes that don't make your sim's height out of control. Rare these days. :tongue:
    Yes! Okay, just tried to download and got the dreaded 'adfly' link that makes your browser go nuts. :weary:
    The older ones are adfly free. I just skipped out on the adfly ones. Hate that accursed website.
    Google saves the day! Here's the old blog without the TS4 content to bog it down:
    https://masims3.wordpress.com/
    Yippee! And no adfly, so far anyway! Thanks @Emily4331
    No problem! :smiley:
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    My favorite site for CC shoes next to Pixicat! :heart:
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Chrome is adfly free...
    NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg I used Chrome for years and have come across adfly many times before I decided to avoid it altogether. So unless it is a recent change, Chrome is not adfly free. Unless you're talking about the plugin Adfly Killer, but even then that plugin does not always work.

Not to mention Chrome is potentially going to disable adblockers in the future (they are proposing changes to Chromium that will affect all Chromium based browsers, in fact) and that would also affect Adfly Killer...Hmm, yeah, I'm going to stick with Mozilla Firefox and just avoid adfly links by not clicking them. :tongue:

edited February 2019
    @Emily4331 You're right, I was talking about the plugin! :) I'm also using Mozilla Firefox, but when I stumble on adfly sites I paste the link over to Chrome, and it usually works fine... Best is to have an old laptop you don't care about viruses to download with, problem is no room on my desk! :joy:

Edit: I'm totally obsessed with shoes in RL, and handbags...
    NymlADp.jpg
    Haha using a laptop you don't care about is actually a pretty good idea. But I find mod creators using adfly links pretty immoral. EA has actually said that creators aren't allowed to monetize creations made for their game. So I don't wanna give them the money of going through the link at all. :lol: Even if it is a couple of cents.

I'm not much of a handbag person, but I definitely have a shoe problem :lol: My favorites are all from Hades Shoes. They are amazinggggg.
    I agree with you, but at the same time I understand creators who want to make money from their creations... :/

I didn't know about Hades Shoes, checked it out tonight and fell in love! So wicked! >:) I treasure my Louboutins and my one and only pair of Jimmy Choos, dreaming about getting enough cash to buy myself some Blahnik boots next winter... Driving my husband crazy in every possible way! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg I don't. :lol: Modding has always been a labor of love. Our community is the worst when it comes to greed. When Diablo 2 has the guy(s) behind Median XL keeping the game alive by adding a bunch of new skills, new items, actual endgame content that involves new areas/harder enemies/etc, a crafting system, an entire modernization overhaul of the game engine to make quality of life changes to a very old game, and supporting online play by paying for their own servers...and I can download that for free? Sorry. These modders should only ever ask for donations and never lock their stuff behind paywalls or malware ridden adfly.

When creators for other games are happily spending their time doing the difficult task of actually changing large aspects of the game for nothing but the love of the game, while our creators are locking a pair of shoes behind a Patreon paywall? Nah, sorry. If they are actually making their content from scratch and are good at it, they can hone their craft and try to get contracted to make assets for games if they want to make money doing what they're doing. But modding a game? That's a hobby. I spent my entire day yesterday converting things for TS3 because I wanted to. Not because I wanted to make a quick buck.

Not to mention a lot of these creators locking their creations behind paywalls/adfly links created that content with other games' assets (read: things they didn't create) or, worse, they created their stuff using Marvelous Designer which is a $300 professional program that they very, very, very, very likely (read: guaranteed) pirated. Sims 3 modding (and I'd imagine Sims 4 as well) both also require Milkshape - a $35 program (you can download for free for 30 days) - that they also guaranteed got a registration key from a piracy site as well.

And, I mean, EA has expressly prohibited it. So what they're doing is a breach of the EULA. You can find the TS3 and TS4 EULAs online if you want to read the actual documentation, but if you don't, here's a forum post about it:
    paywalls.png

Phew, sorry, but this topic grinds my gears. :lol: Rant over.
    uykz8okybrumn7vxgkpj.jpg
    @Emily4331 I read it through very carefully, and I agree wholeheartedly :) I just meant that I can understand people wanting to make money out of their skills, not that I think that it is the right thing to do. The best example of talent, for me, is Twallan, who created Nraas and their mods up to a few years ago - for free. Without creators like him and those who are now continuing his work TS3 would not even be playable for me. Personnally, I have never paid for CC, even if trying to find replacement for some CC often becomes frustrating quests! :joy: I can't thank all the creative people who put their creations up for free, enough! :)
    NymlADp.jpg