Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 5 - Special 19th anniversary!

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Happy The Sims anniversary!

In today's Maxis Monthly, we will be celebrating this special day with cake and interviews with some people from the development team! In the second half of the live-stream, get ready to take a look at some free content coming in a patch for The Sims 4 (PC/Mac) that will be releasing tomorrow!

Edited: did you miss the live-stream? Watch it here!

Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Free content you say? ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    I'll be tuning in! Going to brew some coffee and get comfy. Don't have any cake, but I might bring a snack.

See you all there!
    #Team Occult
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,402 Member
    Always happy to see Graham :):)
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Happy 19th Anniversary THE SIMS!!! Here's to many more years of an awesome video game that changed my life forever and I'll always enjoy playing it! <3
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Ahhh the new theme is so great for the update. I've been wanting this Chinese New Year type of theme for a few years now. Yes!

egTcBMc.png
    I go do something and return to Graham speaking of drowning a kid...what did I miss :#:o
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    Oh, I love this Chinese New Year stuff. Might actually have to make a new family to use it all.
    image.png
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Watched the ending.....looking forward to the new Lunar New Year content. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    I'm really excited for the new content! I kind of wish it were Year of the Dragon, though, lol. I'd love to have Chinese dragon statues. Maybe they can add more next year.

In any case, it will be a fun patch. :)
    #Team Occult
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Super excited for the update tomorrow! My main family is currently very Legend of Korra inspired, so the new content is perfect for them. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    edited February 2019
    I go do something and return to Graham speaking of drowning a kid...what did I miss :#:o

Apparently an attempt to show off the drowning animation when it was new to the game ended in nearly drowning an entire family, including two children.

Only in the Sims. :p
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited February 2019

@CrystalAbyss1 In short,, I think he mentioned 2015 demonstrating the Pools 0n the livestream .

Killed one adult Sim by the usual method when killing a Sim in a swimming pool but it wasn't shown so he made the decision to kill one of the two children as he didn't want to leave the children with no dad.

The child couldn't finish dying as the pool was too small for the game to play out properly.

He made the pool larger and killed the other child, properly this time! Gruesome death as usual!

He went back to his desk and was told to ring an high up executive and was worried about being sacked!

Then had to explain (it seems) to lots of executives in a conference who didn't know the game how to kill Sims in the swimming pool or if you could.

Wasn't sacked, luckily for us and him! :)

Worth seeing and Sims VIP usually does a playback. hth.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    So we are getting about 19 new items plus one new swatch for the paper lamp and 2 new recipes (Mud Carp and Vegetable Dumplings).

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress
    1 male top (might be unisex)

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Worth seeing and Sims VIP usually does a playback. hth.

It's also always available on Twitch for rewatching.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I love that new table set and the costumes.
    Only in the sims :D:D
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Oh the new content looks gorgeous!
    Wasn't sure, but I think the plant was just decoration, correct? Not an entirely new fruit in the game?
    edited February 2019
    Wasn't sure, but I think the plant was just decoration, correct? Not an entirely new fruit in the game?

The orange tree object is a new object for Chinese New Year. It wasn't mentioned if it had any interactions on the Livestream.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Aww that girl who was streaming after the official stream ended :*
  • zackypoohplayszackypoohplays Posts: 3 New Member
    I love these free updates
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    <3<3<3:D:D:D and I love new stuff!!! Happy Birthday!!!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The only good thing about this update is that the devs finally remembered that toddlers exist for once. I disagreed with the "unisex" hair claim. It very clearly looks like boy hair, so it was weird seeing it put on two little girls. But I guess it's fine since we could use more for toddler boys anyway.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2019
    For a second i thought they were going to add Shang Simla as a new free world in Sims 4, which i would love, but thats ok. I love the new things we are getting! I hope to see more cool stuff like that!
    The only good thing about this update is that the devs finally remembered that toddlers exist for once. I disagreed with the "unisex" hair claim. It very clearly looks like boy hair, so it was weird seeing it put on two little girls. But I guess it's fine since we could use more for toddler boys anyway.

I was going to say that it looks like a girly hairstyle, but i guess it depends on whos looking to it...
    Post edited by Karon on
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I had to see what you were looking at, and I agree looks A LOT like a boy hairstyle o.o.