Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February 2nd Pre Gamepack Patch Speculation 2019 (Out Now)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    :'( I hope this new patch fixes the background not fully rendering in The Pinnacles of Del Sol Valley. I am so sad.

Same. SimGuruIcarious said they were able to reproduce this on their end so I'm hoping it's fixed. I also hope it fixes the camera at the pennticles as it continuelly bounces up to the sky no matter what floor level your on.
  • BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    > @WhoIsThisWeirdo said:
    > :'( I hope this new patch fixes the background not fully rendering in The Pinnacles of Del Sol Valley. I am so sad.

I have the same issue, but I'm afraid it's my pc.
    > @WhoIsThisWeirdo said:
    > :'( I hope this new patch fixes the background not fully rendering in The Pinnacles of Del Sol Valley. I am so sad.

I have the same issue, but I'm afraid it's my pc.

It may be but QA has been able to reproduce this.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'd honestly like to get a trait or two in a free content patch but that probably ain't happening.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'd honestly like to get a trait or two in a free content patch but that probably ain't happening.

We have gotten the jealous and kleptomaniac traits before in a patch, so who knows?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Dirty leaf piles fix please!
    Patch is out Tomorrow with Free Content!!!!

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited February 2019
    Patch is out Tomorrow with Free Content!!!!

Oh yay!!!!!!

Edit: Looks like Kate expanded on that!

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Yay no more stinky leaf piles!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    So I'm going to put this thread up early since SimGuruKate has confirmed there will be no patch this month. February could be interesting since Valentine's Day falls on that month. Maybe we'll get some VDay Items and I could use more for Love Day with Seasons. Also the gurus are saying a lot of bug fixes are coming

Question, is anyone else's warming rack not working? Costumers don't buy from it, the message pops that they are ready to buy (constantly) but the icon on top of their heads never shows up.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Lunar new year stuff..? It’s not bad, but who asked for this? I’m starting to think they literally could care less about what we want. I get so excited for these streams and just get let down every time.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    The Chinese items look great and will shine in my Asian restaurants!
    The Chinese items look great and will shine in my Asian restaurants!

I'll be using them for this as well!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Lunar new year stuff..? It’s not bad, but who asked for this? I’m starting to think they literally could care less about what we want. I get so excited for these streams and just get let down every time.

This is about China, I think. We got Mexican Dia-de-Los-Muertos stuff and later, Jungle Adventure added to the central/south American vibe, and with the Carribean thing, they added to it again.
    They added Diwali stuff in the Holyday free stuff pack and City Living had a lot of more Indian outfits and it made like half the townies get Indian and Japanese names while San Myshuno feels like its inspired by either Tokio or new Dheli or something.
    Maybe I am just seeing ghosts or something, but I suspect we'll get a lot more Chinese stuff with the next Pack.
    To be fair, they took Inspiration from Europe when creating Windenburg, so East Asia makes sense.
    I originally guessed Arabia or Aentral Africa, since they covered Europe, India (Probably) and South America.
    After East Asia, we will sure see Arabia or sub saharan Africa, if that is too simmilar to India, and then maybe polynesia.

I believe it is more important for the Sims team to be "inclusive" than to give the fanbase what it wants.
    We'll see how it goes.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Any bug fix but the stinky leaf piles. Haven't played with Seasons all that much just because gameplay gets too repetitive and boring but I know that's a big issue and it's been passed over repeatedly in patches.

Sounds like they may have solved the Mystery Of The Stinky Leaf Piles:

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I've seen many people ask for more Asian/Chinese New Year stuff.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I'm not one to grouse about free content. I'm seriously in love with that new dining set -- much more formal looking than the current round tables we already have. Depending on the swatch colors it'll look wonderful in some of my current builds. We got Lunar New Year content for free in Sims 3, just that you had to download from the Store instead of getting it automatically in a patch. With more multicultural families being added with City Living, I like getting content that fits in especially if I don't have to pay extra for it. B) And I'm looking forward to whatever bug fixes will be included in the patch.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I believe it is more important for the Sims team to be "inclusive" than to give the fanbase what it wants.

THIS, thank you!! I don't care if no one asked for it, which I doubt - Chinese New Year is a big deal even in America, where I'm sitting. Also, Chinese and other cultures in general are a big deal. What a boring game we would have if it did not include even just a smidge of several cultures! I would love to see some Polynesian or Micronesian stuff, as I am half Chamorro (Guam). But even simply adding the Menorah, cultural outfits, Diwali themed items, etc. just makes the game so much richer and inclusive!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Exactly no one asked for this but I have seen many request for Valentines for years on end and yet its not happening. I hate that these ugly clothes are going to be forced into my game without a option to at least select them and turn them off from spawning on townies as if City Living was not bad enough.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Honestly, there is realistically no pleasing every single person in a fanbase. Some people are going to enjoy something, others, not so much. That's perfectly fine.

Mobile and FreePlay are also getting Chinese New Year Stuff.
    Any bug fix but the stinky leaf piles. Haven't played with Seasons all that much just because gameplay gets too repetitive and boring but I know that's a big issue and it's been passed over repeatedly in patches.

Sounds like they may have solved the Mystery Of The Stinky Leaf Piles:

I'm hoping the bug is fixed were if your sims are invited to a lot they go to the wrong one. Glad to see the Stinky Leaf Pile fixed though. I also hope the broken Leaf Pile Woohoo was addressed.
    No as many bug fixes as I would have hoped :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No as many bug fixes as I would have hoped :\

Yeah :/ guess we have to wait another 2-3 months.