Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WAIT A MINUTE... hold on... this is suspicious >.<

I know they told us that they don't do hints and all but... really:

Why would they open todays blog post with a picture like this:

ts4-353-skills-05-003.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

IF University (or a potential high-school ep) wasn't the next expansion pack?

thinking%20emoji.jpg?1447760980
"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

Comments

• Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    🙏Yes, please! This needs to be a hint! I NEEDED University like 2 years ago.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    That picture is oldddddddd. It's from 2015. It may not necessarily mean anything. People speculated when this picture first showed up and now again.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited February 2019
    Isn’t it just because it’s the 19th anniversary? A 19 year old would be in college and thus that picture.

Given they’ve described this year as “surprising” I’m not expecting University this year. I’m expecting packs that nobody saw coming.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Isn’t it just because it’s the 19th anniversary? A 19 year old would be in college and thus that picture.

Given they’ve described this year as “surprising” I’m not expecting University this year. I’m expecting packs that nobody saw coming.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 you, go away with your logic and stop crushing my deams :s . No, seriously, I need university so bad. Anyway, there is still hope.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I mean, I hope it's a university pack! Also, that sick burn with the guy mocking him with the magnifying glass speech bubble.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Very suspicious, I mean of all the ways to display this they go with a school scene. Man I hope we get University this year, I'd cry for real.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    They have actually used this picture in the past. It's not new at all.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    They have actually used this picture in the past. It's not new at all.

:(
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I came to the forums to find out if anyone has posted this because that is EXACTLY what I thought!!! And I was going to post about it if you hadn't done it before me ;)

However there's a couple naysayers since I guess the photo is old. Which is fine. I guess we shall see... Maybe they're bringing it back just to tease us. We've gotten our pets and seasons so what could possibly be next in the line of "we need this" other than University? Which, I would speculate was planned from the beginning as an EP.

That said, if it IS something new as someone else suggested, that'd be awesome as well. I love when they give us stuff we hadn't thought about or experienced in our games before :)
  • ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    Hmmm..if its old..why post it ? Could mean something but also maybe nothing. I believe they love to hype us up either way.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    School days, school days, good ole university days.......
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    Well I must say that this was my favorite EP in both sims 2 and 3, so Uni would be a welcome addition to the sims 4. But it would have to top the sims 2 and 3 Uni packs in order for me to even think about purchasing at this point. But we shall see what the future holds ;)
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Regardless of if this is a hint or not, if they're doing a school pack, it better be for Sims of all ages and not just teens/YAs.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited February 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgFjl7VKjjE
    Remember the announcement trailer... There was a lot in that trailer that revealed what would be coming to the game. Some of those things didn't happen till way later. So it is nice to think that this is some kind of hint. I would be very excited for a University pack at this point in the series.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • MuffinsDaAlienMuffinsDaAlien Posts: 417 Member
    edited February 2019
    I was about to make a post about this. Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed. There are a number of things that stood out to me in this pic as "hints" towards University:

1. The guy in the middle is clearly streaking; which has been a notable feature added in past University expansion packs.
    2. Said streaker is thinking about a foam finger; which we know is popular sports paraphernalia (especially for college football)
    3. Everyone in this pic is clearly part of the late teen/early adulthood age group.
    4. The guy in the background is presented as a stereotypical nerd; a classic social group for schools.
    5. There is a backpack with books over near the picnic table.
    6. Finally the buildings resemble either dorms or lecture halls on a campus setting.

So yea I have to agree this was quite an interesting picture for them to use in the blog. perhaps we are overreacting, but the all details seem too much of a coincidence to be there together.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    I know they told us that they don't do hints and all but... really:

Why would they open todays blog post with a picture like this:

ts4-353-skills-05-003.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

IF University (or a potential high-school ep) wasn't the next expansion pack?

thinking%20emoji.jpg?1447760980

Because it's the 19th Anniversery of the Sims. That's just a TS3 picture. I doubt that's a hint but that doesn't mean Uni won't come this year.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited February 2019
    Because it's the 19th Anniversery of the Sims. That's just a TS3 picture. I doubt that's a hint but that doesn't mean Uni won't come this year.

That’s not Sims 3, it’s Sims 4.
    And it’s obviously college / university themed, even though it may or may not mean anything.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    the sad thing is that they seem to like to drop hints, even if it does not lead to anything, like they are tired of being asked the same things over and over again.
    leetamme wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgFjl7VKjjE
    Remember the announcement trailer... There was a lot in that trailer that revealed what would be coming to the game. Some of those things didn't happen till way later. So it is nice to think that this is some kind of hint. I would be very excited for a University pack at this point in the series.

I know that's a CGI trailer but I wish sim's expressions and the movement animations in the game were like that. Compared to the game....yeah the sims are very static and make very unrealistic and exaggerated faces.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    There’s also a lunchbox on the back picnic table! Also as someone else said, if the picture is old why use it again when they could have used something else?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    They definitely do hints, they always have. And they wouldn't have used an old picture if it was insignificant.
    edited February 2019
    There’s also a lunchbox on the back picnic table! Also as someone else said, if the picture is old why use it again when they could have used something else?

Sorry to break it to you but that lunchbox has been in the BG since it came out. Everything in that pic is BG.

And at University it's not very common to have lunchboxes that's more like middle school.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited February 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Sorry to break it to you but that lunchbox has been in the BG since it came out. Everything in that pic is BG.

And at University it's not very common to have lunchboxes that's more like middle school.

Being BG doesn't make it any less of a hint. It intentionally looks like a school setting and they normally don't reuse blog photos. It's odd they chose this one

Before Pets was ever announced, there was a blog post with a BG Sim thinking about animals. Before Seasons, there were several references to weather in their articles as well as in game and the furniture from Pets.
    edited February 2019
    mika wrote: »

Being BG doesn't make it any less of a hint. It intentionally looks like a school setting and they normally don't reuse blog photos. It's odd they chose this one

Before Pets was ever announced, there was a blog post with a BG Sim thinking about animals. Before Seasons, there were several references to weather in their articles as well as in game and the furniture from Pets.

Well you hype yourself up at your own risk. To me this is nothing.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    mika wrote: »

Well you hype yourself up at your own risk. To me this is nothing.

Its not about "hype" it's just speculation. But I rather be looking forward to the possibilities than remaining dull and pessimistic. Otherwise, why even keep playing?