Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Family Consequences Challenge

I don't know if a challenge like this already exists but this is a challenge I made up today, I haven't played it through yet but I thought I'd share it with you guys!

Premise: Trying to get to the perfect family whilst dealing with the consequences that parents' lifestyle and choices have on a child’s outlook.

Set-up: Create your founder sim in CAS or choose any existing sim (YA) to use. They must start living on their own with no other sims (pets are allowed)
Move your sim into any empty lot and set their funds to 12k using the familyfunds cheat. This money is to be used to build their starting house.

Rules:
-The founder can never get a job and must make money through other means. Starting from the founder’s spouse all subsequent generations may have jobs (unless stated otherwise).
-No use of mods that give you an unfair advantage (unless required for gen 6) No cheats besides resetsim and familyfunds when needed.
-No exiting without saving if something bad happens.
-No influencing the gender of babies.
-You may only play the household your main sim is in.

Generation Tasks:
Gen 1:
“This is it, you’re out on your own in the big wide world! Time to strike out on your own and grow your home and family with all the love you can.”
Must have trait: Family Oriented.

1. Marry your first love.
2. Have at least one boy and one girl, stop having kids when you have managed to get each. (I.e had four boys then a girl so stopped having kids at the girl)
3. Reach level 10 in at least 3 skills.
4. Teach all your kids to drive.
5. Visit every festival at least once.
6. Complete a non-career based LTW of your choosing.

Gen 2:
“You grew up in a loving home with family all around, so why leave.”
Must have trait: Mooch.
1. Live in your family home with your parent and at least one other sibling, kick the sibling(s) out when both parents have died.
2. Don’t get a job until both your parents are dead, they pay for everything for you anyway. Work in either business or music.
3. Have three failed relationships before getting married, have at least one child with one of those failed relationships. Your spouse cheats on you during a midlife crisis.
4. Have your spouse mysteriously meet an untimely death after finding out they were unfaithful.
5. Be very tight with money you spend on your kids, give all children past your first hand me down toys and cribs from the first. Spoil your grandchild(ren).
6. Mooch off other sims as much as you can.

Gen 3:
“You grew up in a broken home and never really learned what love was all about”
Must have trait: Commitment Issues.
1. Complete the Heartbreaker LTW.
2. Have one “accidental” pregnancy and no others. It is okay if this pregnancy results in multiples.
3. Love to cook and master the culinary career.
4. Teach your child(ren) Potty training, walking and talking yourself.
5. Have your child(ren) earn A+.
6. Have a close relationship with your Child(ren) and take them on trips out as often as possible.

Gen 4:
“You always admired your parent for raising you alone and all you want to do is make them proud.”
Must have Trait: Genius.
1. Go to university and complete a degree. (May use less credit hours mod for this as I know university can be tedious)
2. Max one of the Social-Group specific careers. (Art Appraiser, Game Developer, Sports Agent)
3. Complete the super popular LTW with at least 5 Good friends and 2 Best friends.
4. Call your parent often.
5. Have a midlife crisis upon maxing career from having lived your life being the person you think your parent wants you to be. Quit your job and join a completely different career or profession, your parent would still love you anyway. (although they’re probably a ghost by now)
6. Teach your children to be independent and one max at least two skills before becoming YA. (skills that go up to level 10)

Gen 5:
“The jump your parent made from one career to another inspired you to see that you don’t have to commit to one job your whole life.”
Must have trait: Schmoozer.
1. Complete Jack of All Trades LTW.
2. Have to downsize your house at least once due to fluctuating income.
3. Marry a Couch Potato who never puts in any extra effort at work. (never works hard, only completes requirements to the minimum)
4. Have all your kids do after-school activities.
5. Have a great relationship with your boss in every job you have.
6. Be late paying your bills at least twice.

Gen 6:
“The financial instability your family had when you were a kid made you swear that you would better yourself for your future family.”
Must have trait: Workaholic.
1. Restart on an empty lot with only 12k like at the beginning of the challenge.
2. Have kids only when you have the expendable money to do so.
3. Marry another workaholic.
4. Have twins or triplets at least once. (If unsuccessful after two tries with fertility treatment you may use a mod to set the number of babies) Have your heir be one of these.
5. Complete the swimming in cash LTW.
6. Become a partner in a business. (i.e. hospital, diner, bookstore)

Gen 7:
“Your parents were always too busy working to pay you much attention, that left a bitter taste in your mouth. They always say one of the twins is evil anyway.”
Must have trait: Evil.
1. Steal candy from any toddler you see. (excluding your own)
2. Master Criminal career.
3. Woohoo with your boss.
4. Conceive at least one child In a public place
5. Have five enemies and at least one nemesis.
6. Master charisma skill and have a child master charisma as well.

Gen 8:
“You resented your parent for their evil ways. As much as it didn’t really affect you, you still feel you need to make it up to the rest of the world.”
Must have trait: Good.
1. Master Law Enforcement career.
2. Complete the animal rescuer LTW. (via the shelter counts if your game doesn’t spawn many strays like mine, but strays are preferred if you can)
3. Donate to charity often.
4. Adopt at least one child. (Adopted child can become heir if you wish)
5. Marry your best friend only to divorce later. (before heir ages to YA)
6. Never marry again.

Gen 9:
“Your childhood was almost perfect until your parents divorce, that left you with so many questions about life and if it is all really worth it.”
Must have trait: Brooding.
1. Become a writer and master the Journalism career.
2. Upon mastering your career quit and dedicate yourself full-time to writing your own books. (May join writer profession)
3. Write books for your children, read to them often.
4. Brood. Often.
5. Marry an excitable sim.
6. Die in a way other than old age, before your spouse.

Gen 10:
“Your parents made for a good mix of excitement and reality, your childhood was great, and your only wish is that you can do the same for your kids.”
Must have trait: Nurturing.
1. Complete the surrounded by family aspiration.
2. Live in a house where each of your kids can have their own bedrooms.
3. Have all of your kids one after the other so they can all be close and play together.
4. Marry a rich sim who can help support your big family.
5. Be very close to all your children.
6. Have a family meal once a week where you all eat together.

The challenge is complete when the last child from Gen 10’s LTW ages to YA. The challenge is failed if the main sim dies before they complete 4/6 of their tasks or before they have any children. If you feel it is getting too financially easy you may cut back your family’s money with family funds.

Good Luck =)

Disclaimer: This is in no way criticising anyone or saying that anyone's lifestyle and parenting is wrong or invalid it is simply for a fun challenge to do in a game.

Comments

• wsteffi30wsteffi30 Posts: 115 Member

I like this. I may have to try it when I have time to play the game more.