Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think the next EP/GP/SP (whatever it turns out to be) will be announced?

My money is on sometime in February.
8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    If I had to guess I'd say May or June and an Expansion Pack.
  • mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    I’m hoping for February, but I feel like it won’t be until much later. 😩
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Hopefully february
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    I think May for a June release, an EP. They are clearly not doing GPs/SPs at the moment, Kate implied so on twitter.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I think we will get our next EP in the spring. for the states anyway. Late April. maybe early May, but Spring for sure. That way they will be free to make summer plans. 😎
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    simmietime wrote: »
    I think May for a June release, an EP. They are clearly not doing GPs/SPs at the moment, Kate implied so on twitter.

Yes I'm very disappointed. Here I thought all this time a Gamepack was about to release and it seems they haven't even started on it yet.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I think there will be a pack around March-April be it a GP or SP and later around May-June an EP perhaps.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Hoping the Next Pack is Island Paradise.
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2019
    Im not sure that we wont get gamepacks anymore. We still have to get Witches and they will def come in a gamepack. Although they could come with another supernatural, maybe mermaids since they were on 2 spot (twitter polls). meaning it will be a bigger pack , maybe a full expansion.
    And I expect Univercity this year aswell.

I would also like some asian or oriental themed pack. I would like my sims to wear some hijab kind of clothing. not as an religious statment but for fashion. but im expecting this kind of content in 2020/2021

I wouldnt mind them giving us 2 expansion packs a year. I would totally be here for that. But Im not 100% sure that GP and SP are „dead“. I just think we have to wait longer.
    Tho it would be dissapointing to wait 6 months for a SP.

I think its pretty much clear that they work on S5 which makes more dead months for sims 4. So we have this new way of releasing packs until 2021. This what I speculate, tho im not that exited for a sims 5 cuz I think it will be a downgrade to sims 4 at launch (base game) and we have to buy everything all over again...
    Post edited by SimsWichtes on
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No idea, because I was guessing we'd a get a GP this month, but Kate basically confirmed that they aren't working on one. And they seem to be wanting to announce EPs closer to the release date. The earliest I can see a new pack coming is April, so maybe an announcement next month?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No idea, because I was guessing we'd a get a GP this month, but Kate basically confirmed that they aren't working on one. And they seem to be wanting to announce EPs closer to the release date. The earliest I can see a new pack coming is April, so maybe an announcement next month?

They aren't working on a GP? That's odd.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    Remember that they can't talk about future content and they can't confirm anything, so even if she said that it doesn't mean they're not working on it. It must be really hard trying to answer everyone and not tease stuff 😅
    I hope I'm right, I still expect a gp and maybe a sp.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    simmietime wrote: »

If this is the quote you're referencing, then I don't see that saying that they are not making GPs or SPs. 'Clearly not doing' and 'implied' aren't similar either. They could be working on anything really, we don't know and they've said plenty of times they can't tell us about future content. Until they say otherwise, we can just be patient. =)
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    It seems like they’ve started working on The Sims 5 (or whatever it’ll be called) and have had more sims 4 content planned, but will be stretching it out to last the three years like they stated before
    It seems like they’ve started working on The Sims 5 (or whatever it’ll be called) and have had more sims 4 content planned, but will be stretching it out to last the three years like they stated before

Could be. They might have shifted some developers to the Sims 5 now. That maybe why the Gamepack and Stuffpacks don't have anyone over them and the team is working on all the packs.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I hope gp’s and stuff pack aren’t dead..... loved seeing them.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited February 2019
    I think the next EP could be announced sometime this month or next. Release date probably could be June if they announce it this month or next.
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2019
    I mean 1-2 EPs a year? would be here for that. They can take all the time they want. Sims is such a profitable franchise, they have to work on sims 5 since summer 2018. Or they started focusing on it now. the concept has propably been worked on.
    They shall just do it riiight.

But im not a fan of sims 5 right now. I expect it to be a bit of a down grade to sims 4. They will find a way to do even less but still earn more money. To make the least cost with the highest profit. Welp- atleast this is my pessimistic point of view. A really shockingly bad sims 5 with maybe more missing lifestages like elders, maybe no more deaths, even a lootbox system and micro transactions. Just some kind of negative suprise that will shock everyone cause we should expect an upgrade from sims 4 base game actually. You get my idea. also I think this masterpiece of dissapointment will arrive at 2021/2022. And if im right about s5, I will wait this time for the missing content to drop in free updates before I buy it. (a few years after the release)
    I think S5 will again become good after some Updates just like sims 4. A mess at launch but it got better. I dont think s4 is an upgrade to sims 3, but its a better version of sims2. For its time s4 could have been more, I agree, but some things were developed better than ever before. Best toddlers, vampires and the acting carreer is also very cool, etc... In addition Im not eager to wait and buy all the expansions all over again. But never mind I think I drifted away from the topic.

I think the next thing comming to S4 is a GP. Witches gotta be next. Then a SP, EP or vice verca. Not a fan of univercity either but I expect it to come this year. Maybe this version will rock me.
    If we only get EPs then I dont know how they make witches. Maybe they will be extremly good OR we will get more supernaturals. Witches/Mermaids (twitter poll) ? dont know. maybe even more.
    I dont know how they could make mermaids interesting without swimable oceans and open worlds... a fish sim in a pool sounds lame for me. Eitherway supernatural player will get pleased this year and I cannot wait for it. and I hope witches will be as good as vampires.
    Imo I would rather have 2 complex super naturals than 10 flat ones.

Aaand I hope it comes feburary but right now they are so quiet. Maybe later. Probably just me beeing impatient. But I would welcome something new anytime by now. Hoping we wont have to wait longer than march
    Post edited by SimsWichtes on
  • kittenwalruskittenwalrus Posts: 25 Member
    > @AshtontoAshton22 said:
    > I think the next EP could be announced sometime this month or next. Release date probably could be June if they announce it this month or next.

They can't announce anything more than a month before it comes out so if you expect something coming in June you won't hear about it until May.

I feel like we're getting a Witches GP soon. March or April, maybe. But I dunno.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited February 2019
    nevermind
    Post edited by AshtontoAshton22 on
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Could be. They might have shifted some developers to the Sims 5 now. That maybe why the Gamepack and Stuffpacks don't have anyone over them and the team is working on all the packs.

This I have a feeling that the Sims5 will be a paradigm shift of a game obviously they need a bigger team for that it's a smart idea if you think about it send over the Suff & Game pack teams to work on the artwork for the new game (that I assume will have a new engine) so you have an experienced content team working on the full base game with the new employes that we know they have some of the game packs were phenomenal (outdoor retreat is a personal favourite) and if they put some ideas from the game packs the Sims5 can takemymoney.jpg

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    If we are just down toEPS now I'd say May or June. I do hope we get GP though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Announcement? Early March, release? May or June. BUT does it still apply that they can’t announce expansion packs outside their fiscal year? If so...then they’d have to announce in March and then release in March which I don’t see happening.

*April starts the next fiscal year btw*
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

I think the next EP could be announced sometime this month or next. Release date probably could be June if they announce it this month or next.

They announce expansions closer to release now so if it was announced now it maybe March. Seasons was announced 1month aka 30 days before release.