Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations to @13Vader and @Kementari ! Well done!! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS110 Young Minds

@SimTresa
    TUxo2ST.png
    Rainbow Daycare is so cute and compact! I love the colorful butterfly décor out front. The house blends in nicely with the desert environment. The little kiddie pool and covered picnic spot are super cute. Great use of the puzzle carpet. I like that the interiors are colorful without being too over-the-top. The nap room is just perfect! I love the rainbow curtains and racing car beds. The reading circle is just adorable! Great job overall.

Suggestions: The roofline is a little simple. To take your builds to the next level, we like to see a little more complexity in in this area. There are some great YouTube build videos that show how to easily accomplish this if you’re interested.

@Iampes23
    fQK7Bhh.png
    Colorful Castle Daycare is such a unique design! Creative choice to use the puzzle piece carpet out front. Great outdoor play area with the ball pit and jungle gym. Great color inside. I love how the director’s computer desk is enclosed in a little fence. Even though it’s very colorful, it’s not too over-the-top, and the colors are nicely balanced. The nap room is adorable! Who wouldn’t want to fall asleep listening to the peaceful bubbling of a fish tank? Great idea to include tubs in the restrooms. You never know when a toddler might make a huge mess and require cleaning, lol.

Suggestions: The flat façade and sides are a little stark. Adding some more details in this area would take the build to the next level.

@Allears
    JiHJ18g.png
    Bright Tomorrows Daycare is very bright and inviting from the outside! Interesting roofline and good use of roof trims. I love the flower wall stickers and cute yellow picket fence. Good landscaping all around. The llama topiaries on the side are a cute touch! Great play area out back. I like the use of primary colours inside. The animal stickers on the bathroom doors are so cute! Great layout and separation of the different areas. I love the drawings on display in the arts and crafts area.

Suggestions: The building is one large rectangle. Breaking this up with bump-outs/ins would add visual interest to the exterior architecture. There's a good bit of unused space inside. Try building smaller to start with then expand as you need.

@AlJay
    VPlc2xm.png
    Gizinski’s Higher Learning makes great use of color on the exterior. I like the addition of parking spaces on the front and side – very realistic! The architecture is varied and interesting with a complex roofline and good use of roof trim which continues to the rear of the build as well. What a cute little fenced in play area in the back! The décor inside is sophisticated yet playful. I love the frog stickers on the floor. Cute reading nook with floor pillows and library cart. Great classroom area with enlarged chalk board. Good thinking to add toddler potties & laundry facilities. The nursery with the ladybug rug is super cute. Great job!
    Suggestions:

Some of the pictures are a little dark and don’t show off details as well they could. Consider adding invisible debug lights at least for picture-taking purposes.

@PinkusFamily
    jOPWpJv.png
    LilShakespeare Library is a great urban building! I like the use of the concrete fencing to add visual interest. Nice contrast between the two levels of the building accomplished with color, fencing and posts. The outside play area is lovely, and I like the color plan you’ve chosen back here. Creative safety touches added with the secured front doors and inside gate. Nice landscaping, and clever to include the blooming fruit trees. I love all the evidence of learning throughout the build. Cute sleeping areas, lockers & play area. The artwork make by the children is a nice touch. Good use of the glass roofing, and I enjoyed seeing all the candid shots of students learning throughout the build.

Suggestions: For me, the bright geometric wallpaper and flooring choices clashed a bit. I think you could have found something colorful that still would have blended well. Or just let the wallpaper be the focal point like in the science & study area.

@Equuest
    fGzAR1H.png
    Bunnie’s Daycare is so aptly named, and I love the freezer bunny peeking up over the roof. Inside I can definitely see how you were inspired by this object. The walls are a lovely shade of pink, and the colors you’ve chosen for the objects are beautiful and soothing.
    Suggestions:
    I’m so sorry we didn’t catch this earlier, but we need to see many more pictures to be able to provide full feedback on your build. We judge solely from pictures rather than downloading lots because not all of our judges own all of the EP, SP and GPs for Sims 4. For a build this size, we would expect to see 20 or more photos showing off all of the required elements of the build plus any special decorative touches you want to draw attention to.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is... @Aljay
    2nd Place goes to: @SimTresa

nq4DWAi.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Established Results - Sim Entries.

@AlJay
    tMnyw3G.png
    Great job on this household! Thanks for showing each sim with all of their clothing choices. I feel like their clothing matched their personalities very well. I really enjoyed seeing all the candid shots at the end, and thank you for labeling all of them :)

nzmOUdm.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations to @Aljay and @SimTresa ! Well done! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congrats @AlJay
    image.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Congratulations to all.. This was an interesting & creative challenge !
    I thought everyone did a wonderful job !
    Congratulations to @AlJay & @SimTresa !

Awesome jobs- Everyone !!

Diane Pinkus
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Nicely done all! Congratulations to @AlJay and @SimTresa
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Many congrats to all the winners, beautiful work all round :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Awesome work everyone, big congrats to the winners :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    @BuildnShare thank you for the feedback, once again i have to agree with all your suggestions :)

Congrats to all the winners and entrants. You all did amazing jobs :)
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you! And congratulations @SimTresa !! Every one did a great job on this one, so many different perspectives :)
    edited February 2019
    Sorry - having trouble posting results. Hopefully it's a temporary forum glitch and will be resolved soon.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2019
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results for #BnS111 - Anchors Aweigh

@13Vader
    fndz1zd.png

What a creative build! It looks like a real boat. And the details next to it to make it look like it’s in an actual dock are very well done.
    The bedroom is very luxurious in it’s item choice, but the general look and feel reminds you that you are on a boat, it’s a great combination.
    The layout must’ve been a struggle to make it flow, but you managed great.
    And the details of the sub level are amazing.

A suggestion: Some areas seemed very grey. The colours were a little too well matched perhaps, making that a room lacked a little depth, so to speak. You can do this with some contrast colours or shapes. The rooms were very well decorated and had live in them through the items, but a little contrast came make things really pop.

The Sims you’ve created for this challenge are spot on. The captain is a little rugged, and Cordelia is 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Loved seeing them in their renewed place!
    3gHHX7s.png
    mUUmw9e.jpg
    And the winner is… 13Vader
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2019
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results for #BnS111 - Anchors Aweigh

@gmcrozier
    XcwscYo.png

The boat looks like a massive yacht! But still a boat. Great work on making it look realistic.
    The pier you’ve made is a really great touch, as well as the natural surroundings around the boat.
    I just love the mass hall, the colour scheme in there is very pleasing. Warm but still very clean.
    A suggestion I can give is that the Buttercups asked for a luxurious master bedroom. And while the bedroom was very nice and pretty, it didn’t give that luxurious feel to me. It looked a bit too clean and cold.

Overall, the layout flowed well and you put great thought in the details. Loved it!
    3gHHX7s.png
    6JOHCBA.jpg
    And the winner is… gmcrozier

GArBA5W.jpg
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    Thank you for your input. And congrats! @gmcrozier, amazing yacht :)
    edited February 2019
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS111 Achors Aweigh

@SimTresa
    DD2wCuu.png
    Bayou Beauty Houseboat is full of southern charm. I could see my Sims sitting on the deck sipping sweet tea and enjoying a lazy afternoon. Good job with the landscaping and choice of plants. You are getting much better with the terrain paints. Your interiors are full of rustic charm. Your object choices are well made and the placement is great. The rooms are spacious and will translate well in game play. I like your choices of décor and the colors that you used.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen you use more then just 1 type of window in your build. Using different styles of windows adds interest to your builds, maybe using the “Modern Awning” window on the second level would have helped. I like that you used the Elm tree and Magnolia tree in your build, as this is very appropriate for your style of build. However I would have liked to have seen them mixed in together, instead of them being clumped together separately on different sides. One last thing, “The Harmonic” wall light that you used on the exterior seems out of place and a more traditional light would have work better with the build. Other then that, Great Job!

@AlJay
    C2DxtvR.png
    The Sirena is a very elegant modern yacht. You certainly paid attention to the details. Your interiors are open, spacious and bright. Great object choices and placement. Great use of MOO with the aquarium and the sectional seating. You added a lot of details throughout the build. Your custom wall décor was a nice touch and fits very well with the build. My favorite room is the entertaining area. Well done!

Suggestions: The surrounding dock is a little stark. Adding some more details in this area would take this build to the next level. I would have liked to have seen an area for dining on the deck. It also seems odd that your engine room is at the bow of the yacht, instead of the stern. Overall a very beautiful build.

@PhantasmKiss
    tumblr_inline_plnqetG9gg1ukb6nu_1280.png
    Private Lakehouse is a unique approach to the build brief. Your landscaping at the front is beautiful and certainly lends to the feeling that your boat is on a lake. Your choice of colors keeps the interiors light & bright. The layout is very functional and appears that it would play well. Well executed!

Suggestions: I feel that you did yourself a great disservice by choosing such a large lot. It appears that there is very little to no landscaping at the rear of the lot. The cabin is a nice touch, but if you’re going to do something like that make sure you complete it. You could have done a bbq/picnic area there instead and saved some money. I don’t have a problem with the size of your yacht, as it is laid out well. I would have left off the lower roofing across the front and extended the deck out there, this would have made it look more like a boat. When doing your showcase make sure to take photos of all sides of the lot and also all sides of the rooms. There were a lot of areas that were not shown in your showcase.

@psykt
    bJ3odn1.jpg
    Modern Luxury Yacht appears very opulent. The rooms are bright and spacious. Your object choices and placement are spot on. The stern deck with access for swimming is a great touch. Nice use of rugs to define areas. The music room is certainly an unexpected surprise. Over all a nice build!

Suggestions: Please make sure to include overhead pics for the lot, roof and each level of your build. This allows me to see how the rooms relate to one another. I noticed that at the back of your lot you have an area that is landscaped, be careful when placing your plants next to a wall or fence, your low lying palm is coming through the fence. I noticed that the walls were bare in the office, living area 2 and music room. Some pictures would really liven up these areas. I didn’t see a bridge or control room, the brief didn’t specifically ask for one, but it is kind of important.

@PinkusFamily
    50489404_2326069477613130_4726575341328400384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=8f4774a7e4a1fc2dbbfffb9e83c9f2f9&oe=5CBA9B59
    Searinity reminds me of a Mississippi river boat. Nice touches with the anchor and propellers. The open deck on the top level is great, I could see my Sim doing yoga up there. The gym was an unexpected find. The rose petals in the master suite is a romantic touch. Your layout flows very well and your object choices are insightful. Very well done!

Suggestions: For me, the black and white tile in the library was very overpowering. A tile like this is best used in smaller areas or used as an accent. The same with the wallpaper in the Master bath, maybe just use it on one wall, as an accent. The master bedroom is very romantic except for two things. The treadmill and the stairs going to the upper deck. You have an exercise room, move the treadmill in there or get rid of it (you have other exercise equipment). Maybe move the stairs out to the deck, that way the guest don’t have to go through the master to get to the top deck. Just so you are aware any time you have a room open to the outside (library and master bedroom) it will throw off the lighting. The only other thing I see is on the 3rd deck you have the life preserver going over a window and that looks odd to me.

@RachelShennan
    01-22-19_8-04-09%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Tail’s End is a very glamorous yacht. Your Master Suite is so glitzy! Your choice of colors is very traditional and creates a very calming atmosphere. The layout flows well and it’s great that you got an office (with keyboard) and on-board spa into the layout. I love that you have seating and lighting along the pier.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen more “stuff” in the below deck storage. The water level being higher then the ground level really takes away from the illusion that this yacht is sitting at a pier. The mix of modern, traditional and art deco styles didn’t really work for me. I would suggest trying to keep to one style. A deck at the bow of the yacht, in front of the control room would have helped give this more of a yacht appearance.

3gHHX7s.png

2nd Place goes to: @SimTresa

nq4DWAi.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Established Results - Room Entries.

@AlJay
    FB9v0It.png
    Great job on this galley kitchen, so much detail and I love the commentary that you provided. This kitchen is really quite large and I could easily see a staff in here preparing a large feast for party guests. The intercom is an ingenius touch. Really well done!

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen some floor covering and maybe some rugs.

@Allears
    adkEhR5.png
    Buttercup’s Galley has more of an intimate feel. I appreciate the details such as the shelves with the bars to prevent the contents from spilling during rough seas. Your color choices and all of the windows really keep it light and bright. I really like the accent tile in the microwave niche and the window garden with the herbs is great! A well thought out room, wonderful job!

Suggestions: I don’t really have any… maybe just some rugs.
    And the winner is... @Allears

23aTQ71.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

@SimTresa
    X8wxAAM.png
    Great job on this household! The Buttercups are such an attractive couple and their personalities seem to complement each other. I really like how you presented them… “A day in the life of the Buttercups”. The scar on Cordelia was an interesting touch, how did she come about it? I love John’s tussled hair and beard, he certainly looks the part of an outdoorsman. Great Job!

And the winner is... @SimTresa
    FnckIs7.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I so much enjoyed this Build n Share- I had not really made a Boat/yacht, before..
    I learned a lot !! I am beginning to take your comments to heart-
    I do realize that at times my choices for decor clash , and room placement, sometimes is off..

I so enjoyed seeing everyone's entries ! Such creative people !

Congratulations to all the Winners ! !...

( I myself really don't enter to win - I like the comments and suggestions about the build - this is now helping me to make better builds ! )

Congratulations to all not only the winners but to all that participated !
    Congrats, @Allears and @AlJay.
    @Pinkusfamily, I also like the comments and try to learn from them. Now I wish I'd investigated further about why I kept getting a red square when I tried to swap two of the trees around.
    image.png
    Congrats to you too @SimTresa :)

Everyone did such a good job with this challenge! I was really impressed with everyone's imagination on this! <3
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare ! I think my jaw hit the floor when I read the results. I loved everyone's entries, they were all so lovely. It must be hard to choose a winner. Congratulations everyone!
    Thanks, @Allears. I can't believe I got 2nd place again.
    image.png
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS111 Achors Aweigh

@JojoMOMSTER
    EcJ4Cv6.png

Carpe Aestas is such a creative and nicely laid out lot! I love the beach with ships wrecked on the rocks. Good use of MOO and the placement cheats to create this area. Cute lighthouse, and I love the inclusion of the steamship on the waterway. You've done a great job of making this look like a houseboat at dock. Good job on the decks and railings. Nice work with adding in terrain paints. The engine room is so creatively done - love it! I like the detail objects on the lower deck. Lovely stateroom with ensuite. I was so excited for a minute to see a new chaise lounger, but I think you've made that out of an ottoman and chair - very clever! Great job on the navigation room and galley.

Suggestions:
    I would have liked to have seen a little more detail around the water's edge. You could have reduced the size of the fountain/pool slightly to get more money for this. A slightly smaller lot (50x50?) would have worked, too. A little more attention to clutter objects throughout would help take this build to the next level.

@Vicingus
    K666PLQ.jpg
    Modern Houseboat is just a perfect little craft - so cute! Great job on the landscaping of the dock and waterline area. I love your use of plants around the water's edge for a natural look. Great color scheme inside, and good job with a cohesive contemporary design scheme. I love the contrast of the dark wood with the turquoise furnishings. Everything is so finely detailed it gives an air of realism. Good use of MOO and Debug. Love the chaise lounges you've created on the front deck. Love all the detail you created below the waterline with rocks and plants, too Great attention to detail.

Suggestions: Honestly - there's not a whole lot I'd change. You did have almost 100,000 simoleans left, so you had room to build bigger. Also, for me the turquoise wall tiles in the the master suite were almost too much. Going with a neutral tile with turquoise accents might have fit the design of the rest of the build a bit better.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is... @Vicingus

zuqob2M.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Established Results - Room Entries.

@SmallAurelius
    3xf4PFi.png
    This room is the perfect layout for a ship's galley kitchen! I like the hood and hanging pot racks. Nice storage cabinets. I like the neutral color scheme.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen more clutter and actually less open counter space. Just a little more detail overall would elevate the design.

And the winner is... @SmallAurelius

EjulMUt.png

3gHHX7s.png

@SmallAurelius
    gomI9az.png

What a lovely couple! I love John's rugged face and salt & pepper hair. I can totally picture him as having spent time on the open waters. Cordelia is lovely and not too vain to have a grey streak in her hair. I love their nautical themed tattoos. And thank you for showing us all of their outfit choices.

@JojoMOMSTER
    UpUknLi.jpg

Great job on your picture layouts - very professional! I loved reading your backstory for the sims and getting to hear about their traits and personalities. Very lovely candid shots of the couple on their boat. Maybe try the hideheadlineeffects on/off console cheat to elevate the pictures even more.

@Pinkusfamily
    SrF7JtS.png

Your take on John and Cordelia looks a little boho or hipster to me - love it! Great to see them in all their outfits while also enjoying life on their boat. I really enjoyed reading their story. Maybe try the hideheadlineeffects on/off console cheat to elevate the pictures even more.

And the winner is... @JojoMOMSTER
    rXuAxec.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @Vicingus and @SmallAurelius

@BuildnShare Thank for the suggestion to use headlines off. I had meant to do that and forgot again with Phoebe and Freya. I should have added in my notes about deliberately avoiding clutter which is not typical for me but I keep worrying about someone getting smacked in the head by a flying vase or something in rough water or having to clean everything up after if there was a storm. There is probably a better balance than no clutter but my constant worry was stuff tipping over or getting damaged.
    I need to learn how to shut off those headlines...

Congratulations again Everyone !!

Great Job all !!
    Also big congrats to @SimTresa @Allears @AlJay @gmcrozier and @13vader who brought the big one! This round was so much fun to watch because it was not an immediately obvious task. I really like all the boats!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top