Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What have you got planned for your TS3 game in 2019 ?

Comments

• Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited January 2019
    I hope you enjoy exploring ITF and creating urban gardens. Are you able to take your copy of Setra into CAW? That way you can use EIG to install community lots. Then you can change the landscaping. If you want to change the appearance of the buildings themselves, there are a few tutorials around. I would ask in the CAW tool section about that. Good Luck in getting sorted so that the buildings fit better into the landscape.

No, I've been a bit lazy about getting CAW installed since my version of the game requires registry edits to get it to work. Something I should add to my list of things I want to do in 2019. If I manage to get it installed I'm probably going to stop messing around with other peoples towns/cities and finally create my own. I live in a small rural town in Oregon that for some reason has a lot of old Victorian style houses (or maybe Queen Anne? since I'm in America) that are beautiful and would love to make a town in CAW inspired by it. Pretty easy to get ideas, I just have to take a walk around town :)
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited January 2019
    I plan on actually playing it for the first time since ts4 came out. Now that I have a computer that can run ts3+all packs+store content and cc...I can fiiiiiinally try to get into it again.

I'm starting slow and easy by giving Sunset Valley an overhaul. Hopefully that'll be done by the end of the month. After that, no idea.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Ever since playing The Sims 2: Castaway for the first time last year I think, I've decided to do my own TS3 version. I'm still figuring out which mods to use, what to use in general, etc. So I'm still in the beginning stages of planning and testing. But here are some screenshots.
    Screenshot-74.jpg
    Screenshot-75.jpg
    Screenshot-82.jpg
    Screenshot-84.jpg
    Screenshot-90.jpg
    Screenshot-91.jpg
    Screenshot-93.jpg
    Screenshot-95.jpg
    Screenshot-101.jpg

I guess I didn't take any screenshots of the other Sims. Still have more to create and edit.
    Screenshot-110.jpg
    Screenshot-111.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 2019
    I would really love to finish my CAW project. I started it last year and while I was in the CAW side of things I was making such speedy progress I expected I'd have it done in the first 4 months of the year. Once I did my first lot building export it became really obvious that just wasn't realistic. So I thought "Ok, maybe by the end of June then". Aaaaaaaaand here we are, halfway through January and I'm still not done.

I am actively making progress again however, so I'm hopeful I can get it done this year. It's just been an incredibly tedious process to complete this world and have it look the way I want it to.

I hope to start another one soon, but I'm trying to give myself a rule on this that I can't start getting into the nitty gritty of the next one until I'm done with this one.

I'd also like to do at least one of the sim stories I have storyboarded and have never messed with.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    My plan for 2019 is simple...have one sim complete six degrees in University, the closest I have ever gotten is four... and to complete a ten-generation legacy. Only two things...for now. If I can think of anything else, I will revisit this thread and add to my answer!

That's two quite sizeable projects :) Having never had a sim with six degrees I would be very interested to see how you get on and any tips you want to pass on to others who are wanting to play the University EP.

Like I said in my previous posts, I had one sim get four degrees before dying from old age. This time around I plan on using every loophole I can...giving my sim the Athletic and Vegetarian traits usually helps them to live a bit longer. I don't use elixir...unless they learn how to mix it up on the chemistry set, and if they grow life fruit, they can eat that...sparingly. I have them learn the recipe for Ambrosia, but I rarely use it. I try to only allow my sim one bottle of elixir of life. So, they better have crammed a whole lot of learning in their lifespan! Death flowers come in handy too...If you give one to ole Grimmy...he might take pity on you and send you back to Young Adulthood. Or if, and I love this...If your sim was a loser in his previous life...he might have to relive it just for kicks! I have had that happen, only to have my sim finally die from electrocution!

Even with elixirs it still sounds quite a challenge. I use elixirs too if there is something specific I want my sim to achieve. Good Luck with it all.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    I hope you enjoy exploring ITF and creating urban gardens. Are you able to take your copy of Setra into CAW? That way you can use EIG to install community lots. Then you can change the landscaping. If you want to change the appearance of the buildings themselves, there are a few tutorials around. I would ask in the CAW tool section about that. Good Luck in getting sorted so that the buildings fit better into the landscape.

No, I've been a bit lazy about getting CAW installed since my version of the game requires registry edits to get it to work. Something I should add to my list of things I want to do in 2019. If I manage to get it installed I'm probably going to stop messing around with other peoples towns/cities and finally create my own. I live in a small rural town in Oregon that for some reason has a lot of old Victorian style houses (or maybe Queen Anne? since I'm in America) that are beautiful and would love to make a town in CAW inspired by it. Pretty easy to get ideas, I just have to take a walk around town :)

I like your idea for a CAW world. I'm very lucky to have lots of different building styles on my doorstep. It's a great way to get building ideas.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    I plan on actually playing it for the first time since ts4 came out. Now that I have a computer that can run ts3+all packs+store content and cc...I can fiiiiiinally try to get into it again.

I'm starting slow and easy by giving Sunset Valley an overhaul. Hopefully that'll be done by the end of the month. After that, no idea.

It's great knowing you have a computer which allows you to use all your TS3 content. Perhaps you might share your revamp of Sunset Valley with the Forum ?

Sim enim est vita
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Ever since playing The Sims 2: Castaway for the first time last year I think, I've decided to do my own TS3 version. I'm still figuring out which mods to use, what to use in general, etc. So I'm still in the beginning stages of planning and testing. But here are some screenshots.
    Screenshot-74.jpg
    Screenshot-75.jpg
    Screenshot-82.jpg
    Screenshot-84.jpg
    Screenshot-90.jpg
    Screenshot-91.jpg
    Screenshot-93.jpg
    Screenshot-95.jpg
    Screenshot-101.jpg

I guess I didn't take any screenshots of the other Sims. Still have more to create and edit.
    Screenshot-110.jpg
    Screenshot-111.jpg

What stunning pictures and what a clever idea. I hope you manage to work out how to achieve it all :)

Sim enim est vita
    Linamints wrote: »
    I would really love to finish my CAW project. I started it last year and while I was in the CAW side of things I was making such speedy progress I expected I'd have it done in the first 4 months of the year. Once I did my first lot building export it became really obvious that just wasn't realistic. So I thought "Ok, maybe by the end of June then". Aaaaaaaaand here we are, halfway through January and I'm still not done.

I am actively making progress again however, so I'm hopeful I can get it done this year. It's just been an incredibly tedious process to complete this world and have it look the way I want it to.

I hope to start another one soon, but I'm trying to give myself a rule on this that I can't start getting into the nitty gritty of the next one until I'm done with this one.

I'd also like to do at least one of the sim stories I have storyboarded and have never messed with.

If it's any consolation I have been working away at my CAW project for nearly two years. Mainly slow progress as I had to find out how to do things, Good Luck in finishing it. There are lots of people here including me who love seeing the worlds other simmers create. So I hope you will share the finished result :)

Sim enim est vita
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    I completed my physical sims 3 collection last year. I got all eps and sps on disk even though there are some im kinda iffy about. But sadly i am a completionist (have been since ts1) and i just gotta have em all!
    So at the beginning of this year i went back to the base game (plus store content) and i plan on playing a LEPacy type of game. Its crazy because with the added store content, the base game is really a lot of fun.
    I wasnt into ts3 when it was in production so now i want to go back and explore each and every expansion and stuff pack slowly. Im sure this will take much longer than a year though because i plan on adding a new EP every other generation. Or maybe even longer if i feel like theres more to discover :)
    So im really looking forward to simming this year. I've decided to stay away from ts4 until its finished. With all stuff packs game packs and expansion packs installed, I do enjoy ts4. but for some reason i cant play both ts3 and ts4 at the same time :( So for now ts3 wins :)
    Happy simming everyone!
    PlumDiddy wrote: »
    I completed my physical sims 3 collection last year. I got all eps and sps on disk even though there are some im kinda iffy about. But sadly i am a completionist (have been since ts1) and i just gotta have em all!
    So at the beginning of this year i went back to the base game (plus store content) and i plan on playing a LEPacy type of game. Its crazy because with the added store content, the base game is really a lot of fun.
    I wasnt into ts3 when it was in production so now i want to go back and explore each and every expansion and stuff pack slowly. Im sure this will take much longer than a year though because i plan on adding a new EP every other generation. Or maybe even longer if i feel like theres more to discover :)
    So im really looking forward to simming this year. I've decided to stay away from ts4 until its finished. With all stuff packs game packs and expansion packs installed, I do enjoy ts4. but for some reason i cant play both ts3 and ts4 at the same time :( So for now ts3 wins :)
    Happy simming everyone!

Congratulations on getting your collection together. It is a really good feeling knowing you have the complete set :)

The idea of playing base game plus store content does sound fun. As for exploring all the EPs fully there are few of us that have achieved it in the last ten years. In fact I'm still finding out things I never knew about the game. Your estimate of more than a year to complete this particular challenge sounds about right. Really it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you continue to enjoy the game. Good Luck with it all and happy simming :)

Sim enim est vita
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    PlumDiddy wrote: »
    Happy simming everyone!

Congratulations on getting your collection together. It is a really good feeling knowing you have the complete set :)

The idea of playing base game plus store content does sound fun. As for exploring all the EPs fully there are few of us that have achieved it in the last ten years. In fact I'm still finding out things I never knew about the game. Your estimate of more than a year to complete this particular challenge sounds about right. Really it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you continue to enjoy the game. Good Luck with it all and happy simming :)

You're absolutely right about that. Im sure it would take a very long time to comb through every single thing the game has to offer. Which is great! My goal is to explore enough if each ep before adding the next.
    And yes its a great feeling to finally have all the eps and sps on disk (i even got kpst :D ) and not need a launcher to play my game. Im going back and forth with whether or not i want to completely uninstall origin or not. I think once ive successfully played for a few months without a desire to play ts4, i will uninstall it.
    But until then im really more than happy with ts3 :)
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member

If it's any consolation I have been working away at my CAW project for nearly two years. Mainly slow progress as I had to find out how to do things, Good Luck in finishing it. There are lots of people here including me who love seeing the worlds other simmers create. So I hope you will share the finished result :)

That does help actually! What kind of world is it you're working on it?

I have a couple unfinished/progress halted worlds on the side, but I'm not sure when/if I'll finish those. My first world came out like a train wreck, I did a dozen at least things I know now never to do, but I'm hoping to avoid that with this one. my first one was just a free for all experiment with a million routing issues and no plan, I'm trying to very carefully plan this one. I fully intend to upload it once it's finished :).
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast

That does help actually! What kind of world is it you're working on it?

I have a couple unfinished/progress halted worlds on the side, but I'm not sure when/if I'll finish those. My first world came out like a train wreck, I did a dozen at least things I know now never to do, but I'm hoping to avoid that with this one. my first one was just a free for all experiment with a million routing issues and no plan, I'm trying to very carefully plan this one. I fully intend to upload it once it's finished :).

Glad to hear you are planning to upload your world :) My CAW project is my first real attempt to build a world and, like you, I have learned there are ways to do things and ways to definitely not do them. I also agree that planning is soooo important.

So bearing in mind my world is very amateur compared to the more skilled world builders around I attach a link to my CAW thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919786/project-fenbury#latest

Fenbury is a stylised English seaside town somewhere in the West Country. I would think there is another 3 to 6 months worth of work to do, given my current speed which is chronically slow. I am sure you will make much better progress and I really look forward to seeing the finished result :)

Sim enim est vita
  • liizzys1302liizzys1302 Posts: 53 Member
    i'm planning on seeing how far i can go with a legacy. started a couple of weeks ago with Belle Lennox (Jones) and Kye Lennox. i've been playing that much that they are already elders (normal life span) and have 3 kids. eldest, Jude who is an insane inventor now engaged to his evil imaginary friend Julia who secretly has a crush on Kye (awkward). then they had twins, Madison and Bailey Lennox. Bailey is very reserved and sweet, he is going into the politics career and recently became romantically involved with a party dancer he met at Julias bachelorette party so i'm excited to see where that goes. Madison has become my favourite sim of all time, i was sad to see her age up into a YA as i had so much fun with her as a teen. she went completely off the rails, threw two teen parties while her parents were away and trashed the house, pulled endless pranks on the neighbours, stole her mothers motorcycle and rode it to school instead of taking the bus, pranked the school three times, got arrested twice. she was constantly grounded so she was always sneaking out and staying out past curfew. she became prom queen & got asked to go steady by a really sweet boy called Dylan who she actually did ask to prom (lets hope he can handle her). my plans for her now are to get into the firefighting career. not sure what child i want to be the heir yet, thats my next decision.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I'm waiting for @Bettyboop55 new world.

My unrealistic plan for this year is to complete a few of my video series. Apart from that I'll just roll along without anything in particular in mind.
  • silverwood02silverwood02 Posts: 73 Member
    I am going to load my 'big brother house', game. Six sims - 3 male, 3 female in one house. Added lots of money and then let them get on with it! No interfering, just wait and watch. I tried it a few years ago, and it was very interesting. So it will be good to load and view again.
    i'm planning on seeing how far i can go with a legacy. started a couple of weeks ago with Belle Lennox (Jones) and Kye Lennox. i've been playing that much that they are already elders (normal life span) and have 3 kids. eldest, Jude who is an insane inventor now engaged to his evil imaginary friend Julia who secretly has a crush on Kye (awkward). then they had twins, Madison and Bailey Lennox. Bailey is very reserved and sweet, he is going into the politics career and recently became romantically involved with a party dancer he met at Julias bachelorette party so i'm excited to see where that goes. Madison has become my favourite sim of all time, i was sad to see her age up into a YA as i had so much fun with her as a teen. she went completely off the rails, threw two teen parties while her parents were away and trashed the house, pulled endless pranks on the neighbours, stole her mothers motorcycle and rode it to school instead of taking the bus, pranked the school three times, got arrested twice. she was constantly grounded so she was always sneaking out and staying out past curfew. she became prom queen & got asked to go steady by a really sweet boy called Dylan who she actually did ask to prom (lets hope he can handle her). my plans for her now are to get into the firefighting career. not sure what child i want to be the heir yet, thats my next decision.

I'm really interested in this legacy of yours. The future of both Bailey and Madison could be so interesting. If you have not already done so I hope you set up a thread to let us all know how these two get on. Good Luck :)

Sim enim est vita
    Karritz wrote: »
    I'm waiting for @Bettyboop55 new world.

My unrealistic plan for this year is to complete a few of my video series. Apart from that I'll just roll along without anything in particular in mind.

That is kind of you. I would be honoured if you would test it out for me when it is ready. Unfortunately RL circs are preventing me from spending much time on the project at the moment :/

Sometimes having no plan at all is the best way to be especially if you have to be flexible with your time. That said I hope you find the time to finish some of your video series :)

Sim enim est vita
    I am going to load my 'big brother house', game. Six sims - 3 male, 3 female in one house. Added lots of money and then let them get on with it! No interfering, just wait and watch. I tried it a few years ago, and it was very interesting. So it will be good to load and view again.

I hope it is just as enjoyable to watch second time around :) As a control freak I would not be able to resist interfering :D:D

Sim enim est vita
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    concentrate on my legacy and stop restarting games
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I've got a new CAW project planned for this year. A medium sized English coastal town, with some rich history and intricate backstories. It should be a lot of fun to work on, particularly since I'm meticulously planning all the details first before even opening CAW.

My other main project is a new University system for a large group of Uni students. I love playing the Teen/Young Adult life stages with all their detailed relationships, hobbies and future plans so this is a project I can actually see myself sticking with.

Love the sound of everybody else's projects. It's also lovely to see lots of other simmers still working with CAW :smile:
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Since I've taken my laptop with me on vacation and left my desktop computer at home, the only Sims game I could play on my laptop is 4, because Sims 3 takes more space and is often set in an open world. At some point, I plan to make a new save and do a Sims 3 story. I will post the pictures on Deviantart.

This year, I might try out PosePlayer. There are some cool poses that would make for neat screenshots.

Good Luck with poseplayer. Very useful if you are a TS3 storyteller :) lots of people enjoy the TS3 stories created by other players so please let the forum know when your new story is ready.

Sim enim est vita
  • korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    i want to finish my lepacy family im so close but dragging my feet now blah