Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• RosemaryStarRosemaryStar Posts: 43 Member
    I generally take notes of what I'm feeling at the time and or trying to do as well as take screenshots. Then I go back the screenshots and create my story while trying add an impression of what I was feeling at that time.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I generally take notes of what I'm feeling at the time and or trying to do as well as take screenshots. Then I go back the screenshots and create my story while trying add an impression of what I was feeling at that time.

True, feelings come into play most of the time with these types of stories. Also, welcome to the forums and the lounge! :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • RosemaryStarRosemaryStar Posts: 43 Member
    @divanthesimmer Thanks for the welcome.

@RosemaryStar You're welcome.
    phULnBI.png
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited February 2019
    A question for everyone: Do you take notes while gaming to help you with your writing or do you just play and write based on what you remember and see in your screenshots? I tend to forget what happened n my gameplay session and have to go back in game to see what a certain Sim's name was and at which community lot things happened, etc. I've tried recording while playing, but the space videos took of one day in the game was like over 40GB! I could try taking notes of what happens, but I don't like pausing, writing and playing over and over again. This is for people who don't have a specific plot line in mind and mostly just write what happens in-game.
    I suppose this is a question for game driven stories. I haven't really played my legacy save in a long time. I either write or go in game and take screenshots. Sometimes the way the screenshots turn out makes me add something to the scene. But barely anything happens in my save without it being carefully planned. I keep several saves of my story family, because I once almost lost them, when the save was corrupted. I couldn't bear it if any of my main characters accidentally died while I play. They will die, alright, but only if and when I tell them to. Control freak is my middle name.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Shadami wrote: »
    @Bugsie2016 like @InfraGreen said its premiering on the day after Valentine's day. But I heard a lot of people don't like the actor who plays Kim Possible because unlike traditional casting (aka Dawson casting) the actor playing the title character is actually a teenager. But I seen a preview for it and "Ron Stoppable" doesn't have yellow hair but the villains (if the "Call Me, Beep me" music video by said actor) look like the animated counterparts. Oh and its suppose to be during at least Ron's and Kim's first year of high school. But it doesn't make sense that Kim would have the gear from Wade guy before she gets the *accidental call"? (for someone who never saw the series I know too much about it)

... Oh . No....

Don't they dare ruin my Kim possible t.t

I saw that some of Disney Channel's other stars (Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Booboo Stewart+ others D.C. stars but I recognise the 3 names I mention because of Descendants 1 and Descendants 2 movies) promoting the Kim Possible movie. When there was a clip of the naked mole rat Booboo Stewart said "They still can't afford clothes for the mole rat?"
    Nancy-Cartwright-to-reprise-Rufus-voice-in-live-action-Kim-Possible.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    @Bugsie2016 like @InfraGreen said its premiering on the day after Valentine's day. But I heard a lot of people don't like the actor who plays Kim Possible because unlike traditional casting (aka Dawson casting) the actor playing the title character is actually a teenager. But I seen a preview for it and "Ron Stoppable" doesn't have yellow hair but the villains (if the "Call Me, Beep me" music video by said actor) look like the animated counterparts. Oh and its suppose to be during at least Ron's and Kim's first year of high school. But it doesn't make sense that Kim would have the gear from Wade guy before she gets the *accidental call"? (for someone who never saw the series I know too much about it)

... Oh . No....

I saw that some of Disney Channel's other stars (Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Booboo Stewart+ others D.C. stars but I recognise the 3 names I mention because of Descendants 1 and Descendants 2 movies) promoting the Kim Possible movie. When there was a clip of the naked mole rat Booboo Stewart said "They still can't afford clothes for the mole rat?"

@LegacySims2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKcXdP4rm3w&ab_channel=DisneyChannel (at:0:03 the said line)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    > @friendsfan367 said:
    > CathyTea wrote: »
    >
    > friendsfan367 wrote: »
    >
    > i started a traditional legacy but as cathtea knows already the first time i tried it it didn't go well. so hopefully my founder lives beyond day 1.i did finish but that was with a lot of help and engouragement.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The cool thing about writing legacy stories is that sometimes the massive fails become the most exciting and interesting stories!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > at least now i know they can burn up in a stove fire. in real life just the food catches fire i think.i never heard of a realife story where the whole stove caught fire.

That sounds like a grease fire which is possible and very dangerous.

i remember this. colin forbes was the founder and he was stubborn. .
    colin i want a stove.

me you don't even have walls yet.

colin i want a stove

i caved and he was dead in 10 minutes

thats not even the funniest part though. i started the save over and when his wife died his first thought was not my wife is dead it was i have to pee.

then later when he died because of a glitch he died 6 times

• XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    *sound only audible to wolves*
    I JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY FAVORITE SINGER HAS HAD A SONG HIDING IN VAMPIRES THIS WHOLE TIME
    *sound audible only to certain kinds of bat*
    ok i'll be quiet now
    41tidg8.jpg
    I JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY FAVORITE SINGER HAS HAD A SONG HIDING IN VAMPIRES THIS WHOLE TIME
    ok i'll be quiet now

*waiting patiently for werewolves and more supernaturals*

Who's your favourite singer and what is the song's name in Vampires?
    phULnBI.png
    edited February 2019

... Oh . No....

I kinda wish this mole rat was in My First Pet, lol.
    phULnBI.png
    ok i'll be quiet now

Her name is AURORA. The song is a special simlish edition of Under the Water from her album All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend. IT'S SO GOOD

You can find it in the options menu by going Music > Spooky > THERE SHE IS YES
    Sorry. I just REALLY REALLY LOVE HER and it's so amazing that she's in this game!!!!!
    41tidg8.jpg
    ok i'll be quiet now

Her name is AURORA. The song is a special simlish edition of Under the Water from her album All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend. IT'S SO GOOD

Sorry. I just REALLY REALLY LOVE HER and it's so amazing that she's in this game!!!!!

I'll take a look at it when I play again! One thing I love a lot about The Sims is the music. I love hearing a song I recognize and love! It's really awesome that those artists took the time to record Simlish versions of their songs.
    phULnBI.png
    edited February 2019
    ok i'll be quiet now

I'll take a look at it when I play again! One thing I love a lot about The Sims is the music. I love hearing a song I recognize and love! It's really awesome that those artists took the time to record Simlish versions of their songs.

I want that song now. I would pay money for that song. It's just SO PERFECT

I think I am the happiest geek on the planet
    41tidg8.jpg
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    Meow...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Hello, all! I just realized Undead with Benefits is now on its 3rd anniversary! I'll probably make a post when Chinese New Year comes around soon. :)
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @pronterus Congrats! That's awesome. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.

welcome. i was working yesterday. so i'm just going back to see what i missed. i help cathtea cohost.
    I have another question: How do you change a link address's name? For example, I want to have a TOC for my stories and instead of all the posts just being all over the place, I want to have links to each chapter in chronological order. I don't want to just copy and paste the link addresses of my chapters in my TOC, I want to list each chapter and when you click on it, you get taken to the post. Sorry if this causes confusion - I'm sure Cathy Tea told me how to do this, but my email inbox is so spammed at this point that I can't find the email anymore.
    phULnBI.png
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    Meow...

this made me laugh yesterday. because cog isn't writing for now we hang out in the thread and ahadys avi is a dragon. so i said dragons don't meow. you kind of had o be there.

time to get ready for work.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    Meow...

Why is this relatable?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    Hey guys! I could really use someone submitting one more sim for my Bachelor/ette Casting call
    Not a chapter, but i thought i'd let you guys know that i updated the character index for TDC. So much has changed about the characters and i'm introducing new ones soon, so i finally decided to work on it.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Sorry to double post but i was informed that the link i posted didn't work. So if it didn't work for anyone else, this link should.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I have another question: How do you change a link address's name? For example, I want to have a TOC for my stories and instead of all the posts just being all over the place, I want to have links to each chapter in chronological order. I don't want to just copy and paste the link addresses of my chapters in my TOC, I want to list each chapter and when you click on it, you get taken to the post. Sorry if this causes confusion - I'm sure Cathy Tea told me how to do this, but my email inbox is so spammed at this point that I can't find the email anymore.

Hi, Divan! Did you get an answer to this?

The way I do this is by creating a TOC page. I create a new page, rather than a post.

Then, in the page, I manually link to each chapter.

Here's how:

1) Write the title of the chapter (or "Chapter 1"--whatever you want the linked words to be).

2) Highlight those words.

3) Click the link tool in WordPress and enter the link address for that chapter.

Repeat, until you've added all the chapters that go on that TOC page.

You won't need to change any link addresses. Just write the words you want to be linked, then highlight them, select the link tool, enter the URL (or link address) for that chapter or post.

My blog's got a TOC for each story, so you can look it over to get some idea of how it's done.

I've got a feeling my instructions here aren't that clear, so please keep asking so I can try to clarify! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top