Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good Vampire rewarded with the Cure for Vampirism.

So I've been playing Caleb Vatore and he just completed the Good Vampire aspiration. Little did I know that when I completed that aspiration I would be rewarded with a cure for vampirism in his inventory. I didn't realize that was one of the perks of finishing that aspiration. I'm a little conflicted now, because while I had no intention of turning Caleb human, he does have two daughters (one a vampire, one human) he doesn't want to see grow old and die.
Pictures in the spoiler of Caleb's family: Krishna is his husband, and Val is the one with the purple streaks in her hair. Zelda is her twin. The girls came from Caleb's first marriage.
[img][/img]BmjnC73.png
AYqfyp0.png
Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
Sims 4 Blog
Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.

Comments

• IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    @ShadyLady89 I didn't know that, thanks for sharing! I'm currently playing the Good Vampire aspiration too. Caleb's daughters are so cute, btw :)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Interesting, I didn't know this either, thanks for sharing. I've played him a few different games saves, but he was married to a vampire in each and every single one of them, no thanks to his sister Lilith. The next time I play him, and complete that aspiration, I will for sure check this out.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    He's my favorite to play, just started a new save with my sim he just got engaged to. I've only seen him not get the cure instantly a few times, tho when he did get it I usually get rid of it and if I change him later will just make a new one (even tho it's not cheap), I just love him as a vampire, he even snuck in to my sims apartment after their date.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I was also surprised when my vampire sim, Hal, achieved the Good Vampire aspiration and was rewarded the cure. However, like you I had no intention of using it. In my world there is no cure for vampirism and watching everyone else die around you is part of the tragedy of being a vampire/immortal. What makes Hal 'human' is the desire to be human, not whether he has fangs or not, and I'm sure it's the same for Caleb. I love vampires though.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I have no idea how I've never noticed this before. This is one of the first aspirations I go for with vampires (even the ones that aren't particularly nice), just because it's relatively easy to accomplish.

I generally use the cure in my game as a substitute for slaying a vampire.

@annaliese39 It sounds like a cool world you've built. And Caleb does seem like one of the vampires who wouldn't mind being human again. (Though from the teasers, he doesn't seem to be above using his powers to flirt, either.) He's one of my favorite characters to play, too. He ultimately met a tragic end in my current game trying to fix a computer with only level 4 handiness. His ghost hangs out in the Goth house now. But he's going to have a fairly significant role in my Sim fic later on.

Out of curiosity, what speed aging does everyone play at? How often do your vampires need to cope with someone they know dying of old age?
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @katrinasforest I'm playing on long lifespan, so my vampires haven't seen anyone they love die yet. I also manage like 85 different households, so its gonna be a while, but that is part of the vampire experience I'm interested to see play out eventually. It's why I'm conflicted about Caleb's situation, because he definitely seems to miss humanity, but at the same time, some of the perks of being a vampire are too excellent to pass up. He also doesn't want to leave his sister Lilith behind, and I don't see a scenario where she would ever leave being a vampire.

@annaliese39 Okay, so I'm not the only one to have this experience. That's good news. I love the vampires as well. It's such a unique gameplay experience, and I just can't see Caleb choosing to be human when his sister never will. Despite his apparent desire to return to the land of the living, I imagine there's a strong bond between siblings.

@smurfy77 I love playing Caleb as well. His husband is a vegetarian, and I just thought it was a nice touch having a vegetarian and basically a vegetarian vampire falling in love with one another. The cure isn't cheap, which is why I was amazed that he earned the cure via completion of the aspiration. I played out another storyline once before where a sim of mine was turned into a vampire by his fiance even though he had no desire to be a vampire, and he studied the vampire lore to 15 and grew all the ingredients to make the potion, but then didn't have enough money to make it. Had I known the good vampire aspiration was an option, I would have gone that route as well.

@IreneLudwig Thank you! I was very surprised by this, so I thought I'd share, cause I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this aspiration as well.
    Sims 4 Blog
    Here's a thing I didn't consider: the cure for vampirism is still just a drink you can make at the bar, so the one I got for free went bad in Caleb's inventory. Lol. Guess now I don't have to worry about the temptation to have him become human. For some reason in his inventory there was no timer for how long the drink would last, but it went bad anyway.
    Sims 4 Blog
    edited February 2019
    @ShadyLady89 I've had that happen before. It's easy to forget about stuff in the inventory.

Yeah, I get the impression Lilith very much enjoys her immortal powers and wouldn't give them up easily. Though she seems to care about her brother a lot, too. I could see them getting into a serious debate if the cure was made available to them.

When you say Caleb is a vegetarian vampire, do you mean he only gets nutrition from plasma fruit in your game? Or you let him have plasma packs too, even if they're technically made from animals?
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @katrinasforest I guess for vampires I consider anything that isn't drinking directly from a sim as vegetarian. I get that doesn't quite fit the definition, but I couldn't make Caleb only eat Plasma fruit because that would be a nightmare. It gives so little in the way of thirst.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    @katrinasforest I guess for vampires I consider anything that isn't drinking directly from a sim as vegetarian. I get that doesn't quite fit the definition, but I couldn't make Caleb only eat Plasma fruit because that would be a nightmare. It gives so little in the way of thirst.
    Reminds me when I made a household of vampires when I first got the pack, the son was a "humanitarian", basically veganism but for vampires.

Not trying to make you play a different way but you could think of Caleb as something similar. Along with him not drinking plasma packs made from frogs and fish because it upsets his husband. Could still drink from the plasma packs you buy online, because they're "expired" and unfit to be used in transfusions. Gotta reduce,reuse, and recycle no matter how gross.
    EMrBkJP.png
    @Vampris I appreciate the insight. I had contemplated how Krishna would handle Caleb's plasma approach. I guess he can let it slide because Caleb doesn't have to harm anything to obtain the plasma, and he understands its a necessity for Caleb to remain functioning. I have to think about the vegetarian aspect a lot because Krishna's rather adamant about the girls not eating meat either.
    Sims 4 Blog
    @ShadyLady89 That makes total sense. I wasn't quite sure which you meant at first, which was why I asked. My first thought was if you did just have him use plasma fruit, that would be insanely difficult. I think the Plasma Jane satisfies thirst better than drinking just the fruit by itself but it's still not as much as the plasma packs. (Though, really, it's never said where that plasma comes from. Maybe someone figured out how to condense plasma fruit juice and marketed a vegan version.)

You could also make it something Krishna isn't totally comfortable with yet and wants to know why Caleb can't just use plasma fruit all the time. If you're the type who likes to add a little drama to your households. (My families always always have some kind of conflict going on, but I know not everyone likes to play that way.)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Tested this out.
    I took a random vampire, changed his aspiration to Good Vampire and used cheats to complete it.
    Results: That vampire not only got Regained Humanity trait, but also a vampire cure in their inventory (so they can fully regain humanity).

Thank you for sharing this discovery.
    @EgonVM And thank you for testing it out! Glad to know it wasn't a one-time fluke or something.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I was also surprised when my vampire sim, Hal, achieved the Good Vampire aspiration and was rewarded the cure. However, like you I had no intention of using it. In my world there is no cure for vampirism and watching everyone else die around you is part of the tragedy of being a vampire/immortal. What makes Hal 'human' is the desire to be human, not whether he has fangs or not, and I'm sure it's the same for Caleb. I love vampires though.

Oh, same here. There should be no easy way out; once you're undead, you're undead.

It rather bugs me when the only "trivia" my vampires would share is "oh, did you know? it's possible to cure vampirism!" (when it's not true here) or "oh hey not everyone needs to drink from human sims" right before they're about to ask their victim for a bite.

I'm playing a good vampire too, but he hasn't completed the aspiration yet. Something tells me this thread should've had a spoiler warning, hah. He also has no intention of turning back.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr