Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I find this CC again?

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
I deleted some CC by accident when trying to find which CC was causing snow in my game. The CC was female hair for teens and older and it looked exactly the same as the one in the base game that was shoulder length but it had shinier colours (one of which was a sort of shiny blonde which was perfect for one sim). I had it applied to my sim, but now she's bald. Sorry, that's the best I can describe it, I don't have a screenshot. I'm going to check my removable hard drive to see if it's there.

Also, any idea how to find which mod is causing snow?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    I am unable to help you find the hair cc. I am sorry that it got accidentally deleted :(
    To find the mod causing the snow issue, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I am unable to help you find the hair cc. I am sorry that it got accidentally deleted :(
    To find the mod causing the snow issue, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.

The mod I was looking for is supposed to cause snow, but I can't remember the name to get rid off it since I don't need it anymore. Also, no new mods or CC are working or even show up. I have some sims who lost their CC for whatever reason.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Turns out I hadn't deleted it or one of the items restored from the Recycle Bin was it. I removed the mods folder, started the game and then restarted it after putting all the old mods folder content in to the new one the game made (except resource.cfg). Let's see if the new CC and mods work

EDIT: Things appear to be working again