Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiplayer SIMS 5 : yes or no?

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    No! I couldn't even play if it was the case.
    None of your options totally applied to my view so I voted no, but I would be open to the idea IF:
    • it was completely optional (including no hiding access to content that can only be unlocked via multiplayer, like they did with the disastrous Simport in Sims 3 Showtime
    • "sandbox" single player mode is still A Thing with complete game play

I wouldn't be interested in it but other people might be.

I think I'd have to agree with StillJustMe, here.

I'd be open to multiplayer IF it was all optional and I still have my regular, not half-baked in an effort to make multiplayer great, sandbox single player was still the main play option.

And I'd only be interested in multiplayer to play with my kids, husband, or a couple other friends. I would not want to be in a multiplayer situation with strangers. That would make it a huge no for me.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ShanShan Posts: 126 Member
    No! It would spell doom for the franchise.
    I'd actually love a multiplayer Sims, however I voted against it because I'm worried it would open the doors for microtransactions and most of the content would be behind a paywall. Basically I don't want to find myself playing a pc version of the Sims Mobile.
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I don't have any people who would sims with me so not sure how this would even work.....curious though
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    No, for me. While I could play it, I wouldn't want to; and I doubt it'd spell DOOM for the franchise. They'd lose some players, gain some others, and I couldn't begin to guess whether they'd gain more than they lost. It'd depend on how good their multiplayer game was.

I play the sims for the single player sandbox, still a rarity in games. If I want multiplayer, I'd go back to WoW.
  • PenguinColadaPenguinColada Posts: 76 Member
    Maybe. I'm a fan of the franchise, so why not try?
    So long as there was an option for single player, or "story mode".
    nwNhIHG.png
    Origin ID: FancyPatsyCat
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    No no no no no! If I wanted to play a multiplayer online game, I'd be playing WoW, not the Sims.
  • emilysemilys Posts: 24 Member
    I love control too much to play with others... :smile:
    Ratpicklerick.png
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    In this day and age, a lot can go wrong.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    No. If I want to play multiplayer, I have other games for that. I have zero interest in sharing my Sims, and less than zero interest in dealing with a bunch of strangers and trolls in my game.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'm with @Lemon405 Sims isn't the place for multiplayer. I don't want to sim literally with others in game. And I don't trust it to not become a huge money grab. Most packs already cost too much (imo) and I'd be so very outspkoen against anything that required monthly fees, subscriptions, pay walls, pay to play, pay for certain items that are special, etc. I want to pay for the games and that's it. I like the even playing field. Part of the reason I don't play MMOs. The other reason is community and people who take things too seriously (imo) for a game. You're all great and ily but this isn't necessarily indicative of a larger multiplayer group with people who are highly competitive. I don't want Sims to turn into those games. I like it because it's different.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Every time we talk about multiplayer Sims it is so many with different ideas of what type of multi-player game we would have. That's a problem because we have no idea of what sort of multiplayer game they would introduce to us.
    I know I would not want a WOW because that's a fighting game and they always killed me in that game. lol
    If they want fees then I feel they should drop the per.pack charges so all we should have would be like a 10.00 fee per month.
    Most do not want to lose Sims games as they are and if I want to play Sims game as they are now I would always like the option to play multi-player or not play multi-player,

When I say multiplay I mean that we could open our game in option or with a download that would allow us to see sims as townies that are real people that we could talk to and interact with only as sims but they would be real people behind the sims like us. and If we did not wish to speak with them that would be ok as well. and go on playing the game until we find someone we would like to interact within our game.
    So to me, that would be cool as an option.
    But Most like Sims as a personal one vs computer game. kind of like Mario just you and the game.
    Either way is cool, just if we get one I want it to be an optional download.
    No one wants the game just to be thrown into a forced multiplayer game.

For those that wish a more mature game that would be a better way, as a multiplayer. Still, it should be an extra download not the game we play.

The people that I have talked with that did play Sims on Line, that was multiplayer, which anyone could join the game for a fee. I think it was a more mature game, and Everyone I spoke to loved the game and hate that it closed. Some thought it was a very addictive game. Like they would play it every day all day if they could.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • RocsaiRocsai Posts: 47 Member
    Yes! I think the game would benefit from it.
    Again this OLD debate... :D

Definetly YES! the reimplementation of The Sims Online (FreeSO) and the multiplayer mod for TS4 shows how much people wants it... So I'm supporting it and I think it will be added in TS5 as an optional feature.
  • CasuallySherlockCasuallySherlock Posts: 34 Member
    I think the fun of The Sims is being the creator of your own world. I've experienced a couple multiplayer games and when that happens, the trolls come out to ruin everyone's day. Multiplayer on Sims Bustin' Out was fine just because it was with people you already know. I know I wouldn't want to give just anyone free rein in my world.
  • Anna_lloydAnna_lloyd Posts: 2 New Member
    I think EA Gamers would Freaking Love it ! Wow just think if you could play with your Friends and famoly members, it would be like a virtual world we could be with our families friends that live in other States interacting , i think it would be Amazing Fun , if u could choose who your playing with like roblox but 100% Better .
  • RosemaryStarRosemaryStar Posts: 43 Member
    > @celipoesias said:
    > No. If The Sims 4 is as it is today, this was due to the fact that the game was originally developed to be an online game. Things went wrong, they gave up creating an online multiplayer game, and 2 years of development were lost, which explains why there are so many features in the base game.
    >
    > Honestly, I find it very risky to try to get back into this online game again. The bad consequences of what happened with The Sims 4 Olympus can be felt even today in the game, through various limitations.

Really? Is that why the gameplay seems to be lacking? Where did hear of the this development?
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited February 2019
    Can someone explain to me how this would work?

Like if mjy sim met another person's sim and they ended up in the same house, would I have to wait for the other person to come online to play the game? Or would they be able to play the game when I hadn't signed on for about a year, say and when I finally do go online to play my sim is long dead, like 4 generations ago. How is that a good idea? Or how does it work?

edit: okay I just realised I asked the same question long ago :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • HeyitssmileHeyitssmile Posts: 45 Member
    Yes! I've always been curious anyway.
    It'd be cool, as long as it is a secondary gamemode. There should still be a single player mode. I think that's what people are worried about, that it would be completely multiplayer instead of both.
  • ZombiellaZombiella Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm kind of disappointed at the attitude that a lot of people have towards multiplayer.
    I'm seeing a lot of the following: "I don't want any form of multiplayer because I don't like it or I don't want open world, therefore no one should have it".

I TOTALLY understand people not wanting open world. That would honestly be super weird, imo. Not to mention invasive. GTA anyone? :/
    However, don't you think it'd be nice to have the [b]option[/b] to play with friends and family? Maybe something like Terraria multiplayer. Obviously, something optional that wouldn't affect those who only want to play single player. Even if it's just a LAN connection.

I remember playing The Sims 2 on Xbox with a friend and we had a blast. Yeah the controls weren't perfect but it was way more fun playing with her than when I'd play alone. Don't get me wrong, I started with The Sims when the first one came out, I love it.
    Anyway, my roommate/best friend and I have played a bit of The Sims 4 "together".
    [i](I make my sim, then slide the keyboard and mouse over and she makes hers. Then everything else is done by swapping out or one of us does most of the controls while the other one just inputs.)[/i]
    It really is a hassle and very uncomfortable lol. It ended up with both of us getting bored sitting there watching the other play our Sim and having all of these creative ideas but not being able to execute them.

I'm just saying, please keep an open mind because I know a lot of people would enjoy playing the Sims with a friend or family member and there are ways to add multiplayer support without intruding on the single player experience.
  • sims4multiplayersims4multiplayer Posts: 3 New Member
    Tough question, but why don't you try yourself the multiplayer gameplay first in Sims 4? :) There's a mod for it available right now!

(I am sorry if this is considered as spam. Just thought it might be relevant for this discussion.)
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    I think it'd be nice if it worked the same way is the multiplayer mod for the Sims 4 currently does. Otherwise, it'd just be another disastrous chatroom game, like Moviestarplanet.
  • EmschmemEmschmem Posts: 84 Member
    I think it could definitely make for some interesting gameplay challenges! Survivor, who gets rich faster, live off the grid in a side-by-side lot setup or something could be pretty fun! I would want to have the option to play single player though...
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Maybe but it would have to be very limited. Like you still have npcs but maybe you could write emails on the computer to your actual friends and they could open them up and read them if you knew their username or something. Or meet up with certain people that have given you their coat but you wouldn't just see other people's random Sims walking around unless you accept them to be in your game
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I would not like to see the Sims turn completely multiplayer like (Sims online), that would totally change our gameplay in a way that I feel most SIms would not enjoy. But if they wanted to add a Sims game that was multiplayer that could be accepted or we have a choice to multiplay in Sims 5 or not.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Mr_SlimstaMr_Slimsta Posts: 31 Member
    I think a Multiplayer would be great in some ways. For example, play with your friends in a world, build houses that eachother can visit, etc. I would say have the ability to play offline though so it's not like SimCity where you have to have an internet connection to play and when the servers are busy the game is unplayable. If an Online Sims 5 was done right, it would be great fun.
    Check out my latest build "Origami" - Build Showcase!

SmFZ6Dl.png

• adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    No no no no no! If I wanted to play a multiplayer online game, I'd be playing WoW, not the Sims.

This.
    origin ID: adduapina