Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NRaas Porter

I couldn't find any discussions on the NRaas site, so I thought I'd bring it here.

I've followed the picture tutorial on the site and I get to the stage where I'm ready to pack up my families. It starts processing and then quits to the desktop. I'm only packing 7 families and 26 Sims so it's not a crazy amount.

Is my save just completely busticated?

Do you recommend trying the traveler mod instead?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2019
    It's difficult to say why Porter fails when it does, every user's experience can be different. Have you tried reducing the inventories of these families' and individual sims' inventories and removing any "special" items from them? Have you tried running Porter only after a fresh startup of the game, not on a session that has already been running for a while? Can you use the mod at all on a different world or an even smaller collection of households like two or three as a test?

And yes, you could also do this the Traveler way. But if you don't want to travel back and forth between the two worlds seven times and keep restarting the game after each Change Hometown to bring everyone over and wish to use MasterController after the first household permanently switches homeworlds to bring everyone else in, note that the inactive ones will lose their money and all of their possessions in the process.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    It's difficult to say why Porter fails when it does, every user's experience can be different. Have you tried reducing the inventories these families' and individual sims' inventories and removing any "special" items from them? Have you tried running Porter only after a fresh startup of the game, not on a session that has already been running for a while? Can you use the mod at all on a different world or an even smaller collection of households like two or three as a test?

And yes, you could also do this the Traveler way. But if you don't want to travel back and forth between the two worlds seven times and keep restarting the game after each Change Hometown to bring everyone over and wish to use MasterController after the first households permanently switches homeworlds to bring everyone else in, note that the inactive ones will lose their money and all of their possessions in the process.

I didn't try the above; however, I did get them packed and unpacked when I left out one of the families. However, I'm starting to wonder if it's the family that's giving me issues because as I was looking around the world (custom world) and switching between households...it quit to the desk top, so I'm thinking maybe I do need to clean their inventories. When you say "special" items, what do you mean?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't have a complete list, but special seeds meaning those actually in the "Special" category, tents stored in chests (this is a different issue though, it causes the household thumbnail to blank out), anything from the EA store canning station could trigger issues of various kinds.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I don't have a complete list, but special seeds meaning those actually in the "Special" category, tents stored in chests (this is a different issue though, it causes the household thumbnail to blank out), anything from the EA store canning station could trigger issues of various kinds.

Thank you @igazor - I shall unpack this fam again and see if I can clear out all of their inventories for better running!