Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    Improved Babies

Let them leave the cot
    a newborn movement skill that's like tummy time then rollover then crawl then stand up on the sides of things
    let parents pass babies from one another like in sims 2
    older sims can read them baby books and they could sleep in the bed with parents as well
    They could sleep in parents arms and parents could do things one handed like read books and clean
    toys like a pacifier or a blanky, and play mats or playpens
    parents could dangle keys above babies to play with them
    Children and toddlers can play peekaboo with them and try to teach them to talk (to no luck but the babies will have fun with it)

I really hope you guys consider doing this
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Improved Babies

Let them leave the cot
    a newborn movement skill that's like tummy time then rollover then crawl then stand up on the sides of things
    let parents pass babies from one another like in sims 2
    older sims can read them baby books and they could sleep in the bed with parents as well
    They could sleep in parents arms and parents could do things one handed like read books and clean
    toys like a pacifier or a blanky, and play mats or playpens
    parents could dangle keys above babies to play with them
    Children and toddlers can play peekaboo with them and try to teach them to talk (to no luck but the babies will have fun with it)

I really hope you guys consider doing this

Lots of us want our Sims 4 babies fixed, we have begged for a long time, remember we just got toddlers. So we had these type babies and did not even have toddlers. shame right. many simmers still want this. Most have given up on hope. :/
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2019
    Can we just get those basic lampes?
    SQHD7aE.png
    l18ipId.png
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Amber_DiPhillipoAmber_DiPhillipo Posts: 12 New Member
    My Hopes For The Sims 4 In 2019:

- The ability to change the direction of wich way the flooring lays.
    - The ability to have both Hardwood flooring, and Carpeting on stairs.
    - Better roof building tools.
    - Add a color wheel like in the Sims 3.
    - Hair that moves, and grows with a Sim, like in the Sims 2.
    - The ability to make custom hair colors with the added color wheel.
    - The ability to change materials of any item like in the Sims 3.
    - A Create A World, and Map tool.
    - Cars, and Public transportation options other than teliporting.
    - Careers Added: Therapist (Doctor/ Nursing Option), Singer, Teacher, YouTuber (Actor/ Social Media Option), Special Needs/ Special Education, and Big Brother/ Sister (Compony for those that need it, or struggle with social interaction.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited January 2019
    What I want for The Sims 4 in 2019-2021:
    -Cars, and a car GP that lets us run a car shop.
    -Ceiling tool, enough of the plain one for everything. We have FPV now, come on.
    -Basic color palettes for every item since we are never getting CASt.
    -Witches
    -More careers (preferably active or semi-active like critic)
    -Editable lots at least (come on now, this isn't The Sims 1 nor 2000)
    -Tropical expansion ala TS3 Island Paradise
    -Sci-fi or medieval style pack ala TS3 Into The Future (or into the past, cause why not?)
    -Bands and more instruments, proper singing career.
    -More hobbies
    -Traits that mean something, better personalities/emotional system.
    -More businesses we can own (think LittleMsSam's more venues mod: own and run a hotel, motel, car dealer, resort, etc) Also, fix retail employees. Really now gurus, it ain't even hard. A simple mod that buffs employees autonomy towards each task, along with removing idle chat makes them proper employees that actually WORK. It's been what, 3 years now since GTW? How incompetent.
  • evelinamarinaevelinamarina Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Amber_DiPhillipo said:
    > My Hopes For The Sims 4 In 2019:
    >
    > - The ability to change the direction of wich way the flooring lays.
    > - The ability to have both Hardwood flooring, and Carpeting on stairs.
    > - Better roof building tools.
    > - Add a color wheel like in the Sims 3.
    > - Hair that moves, and grows with a Sim, like in the Sims 2.
    > - The ability to make custom hair colors with the added color wheel.
    > - The ability to change materials of any item like in the Sims 3.
    > - A Create A World, and Map tool.
    > - Cars, and Public transportation options other than teliporting.
    > - Careers Added: Therapist (Doctor/ Nursing Option), Singer, Teacher, YouTuber (Actor/ Social Media Option), Special Needs/ Special Education, and Big Brother/ Sister (Compony for those that need it, or struggle with social interaction.

Change direction of the flooring is already a thing! Just rotate it with , or . (at least those are the keys on my keyboard) when you hold the tile.
    That's in the Sims 3. I tried that on my keyboard as well, and it didn't work unfortunately. Thanks for trying though.
    > @Amber_DiPhillipo said:
    > My Hopes For The Sims 4 In 2019:
    >
    > - The ability to change the direction of wich way the flooring lays.
    > - The ability to have both Hardwood flooring, and Carpeting on stairs.
    > - Better roof building tools.
    > - Add a color wheel like in the Sims 3.
    > - Hair that moves, and grows with a Sim, like in the Sims 2.
    > - The ability to make custom hair colors with the added color wheel.
    > - The ability to change materials of any item like in the Sims 3.
    > - A Create A World, and Map tool.
    > - Cars, and Public transportation options other than teliporting.
    > - Careers Added: Therapist (Doctor/ Nursing Option), Singer, Teacher, YouTuber (Actor/ Social Media Option), Special Needs/ Special Education, and Big Brother/ Sister (Compony for those that need it, or struggle with social interaction.

Change direction of the flooring is already a thing! Just rotate it with , or . (at least those are the keys on my keyboard) when you hold the tile.

One easy way we can change the direction of the wood flooring. If you care to after you put it down in one room and you want to change directions.

Put tiles down in a different room, the wood is mostly going in a different direction. then copy that tile and add it to the room that has the tiles going in the direction that you do not want.
    (no this is not a fix) 🤔

I have been upset😒 about the lack of texture manipulation from the start of building. Not just turning I want to be able to make the print or texture smaller or larger, we need to change angles at least horizontal and vertical.

example; large flower prints to small flower prints, also to be able to make floorboards smaller or larger in either direction. Nice for brick and stone textures.
    Maybe we can get this added with the color wheel. I also want the ability to add our own texture from our computer while building. We also need a clear texture true clear like it looks like your outside but its a clear wall. Easy-peasy.

Not as easy but the ability to make our own furniture, by having a build mode that has lots of furniture pieces.
    We really need texture manipulation
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Firefly0006Firefly0006 Posts: 3 New Member
    I want an active park ranger career added in the game.
  • Firefly0006Firefly0006 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Firefly0006;c-16934987"]I want an active park ranger career added in the game.[/quote]
    As someone who loves the US National Park Service I love being able to design my own parks in the Sims 4. But it breaks my heart that I cant manage them as a park Ranger. Like it would be so cool to have your sim lead a group on a nature hike, or scare away bears that are pillaging campsites. Or to give fines for littering in a park. Maybe have your sim plant trees or give lectures about wildlife. They could even do Search and Rescue for lost hikers. It would be so cool to be able to do that in the Sims, because it is one of the most rewarding and exciting careers in the real world and I want to do it in the Sims.

I think that Sims 4 will be the last iteration of the game in this form. I think that they will give us most everything in Sims 4. hopefully better in-game creating tools.

Next, I think it will be Sims online. :o:)
    If so I would like to have any and everything they can think of but of course we can add and add as time passes.
    Thing is its hard to ask for something if you think it will be online. So I ask for security for the players for our information in the world and in real. I want that they make it impossible to track avatars in the world, and the ability to change your name to other players even if its the same to the managers of the world.
    lockdown players land is a must, and no see into land people or anything on the land owned or rented by a player. this way you can stop many problems before they start. The teen rating I hope but I do not mind if not. multiple ways to pay.
  • Strayed13Strayed13 Posts: 1 New Member
    A way to change key bindings? ... R needs to be my rotation key, it just does. I get that you had to come up with something to get started, you did you're best but not all gamers are equal and everyone has a layout that works best for them and EA's standard key bindings are far from perfect. You give the players control over so much...except when it comes to how they actually navigate the game. It's time to take the training wheels off and let us decide if it should be WASD, or TFGH, or a D-pad. That's just 101 of PC games.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    If you guys ever plan on updating babies, I'd love to see something like the play area in the beginning of the video.

Idk what it's actually called, I only saw it on the show. It's like a large, plush play area for babies. It would be cool to have multiple babies able to play in it at once, like if a Sim has twins or triplets like the two in the video.
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    University Expansion Pack
    Build your own Dormitory - this was always my favorite part of the pack :)

Off the Grid Expansion Pack
    Solar Panels
    Water Collection
    Bunk Beds & Ladders (for making tiny houses)
    Chicken Coop object for collecting eggs
    Cow Barn object for collecting milk
    HORSES! I know this one's a lot to ask, but PLEASE for the love of God!

Day-care Game Pack
    Run a daycare from your house
    Toddlers crawl at lvl 1 movement, adults can teach them to walk

Terrain/Leveling
    Split-level houses
    Stairs options - spiral, L-shaped, curved, the fancy mansion ones that fan out at the bottom
    WALK OUT BASEMENTS PLEASE
    Window boxes to put windows into basements
    Build into a cliff

Make Our Own Showers
    Standalone shower heads
    Glass wall texture - like the new roof texture. NOT windows. That way I can also use it for floor-to-roof windows.
    A matching all-glass door
    Floor drains

School Options
    Private school option - longer homework, school uniform, more challenging to earn an A
    Homeschooling option - Children need to develop particular skills each day

Other Items
    Football jersey for CAS
    Pool tables
    2-story and 3-story columns OR ability to size-up existing columns
    Triangular TV stands to go in the corners of rooms
    MORE CABINETS with lots of color swatches. And PLEASE include matching cupboards and islands!
    In general, I'm always looking for more colors/patterns/sizes of rugs and paintings. Particularly paintings which are sized to go above beds.

Hire live-in (NPC) staff (nannies, maids, and butlers), assign beds and eating quarters for them
    > @evelinamarina said:
    > > @Amber_DiPhillipo said:
    > > My Hopes For The Sims 4 In 2019:
    > >
    > > - The ability to change the direction of wich way the flooring lays.
    > > - The ability to have both Hardwood flooring, and Carpeting on stairs.
    > > - Better roof building tools.
    > > - Add a color wheel like in the Sims 3.
    > > - Hair that moves, and grows with a Sim, like in the Sims 2.
    > > - The ability to make custom hair colors with the added color wheel.
    > > - The ability to change materials of any item like in the Sims 3.
    > > - A Create A World, and Map tool.
    > > - Cars, and Public transportation options other than teliporting.
    > > - Careers Added: Therapist (Doctor/ Nursing Option), Singer, Teacher, YouTuber (Actor/ Social Media Option), Special Needs/ Special Education, and Big Brother/ Sister (Compony for those that need it, or struggle with social interaction.
    >
    > Change direction of the flooring is already a thing! Just rotate it with , or . (at least those are the keys on my keyboard) when you hold the tile.

Nevermind what I said before... 😂 🙈

Ps. You're a life saver! Thank you.
  • SammehmanthuhhSammehmanthuhh Posts: 4 New Member
    As I am reading suggestions on this page there is a lot I agree with:
    -More actions with babies (rollover, play mat, etc...)

-More tools to also help babies and toddlers to learn as i have my own baby i see there is a lot more that would be interesting to have for them (bouncer, swing, also have a stroller to take them for a walk, possible stroller take baby/toddler and dog at the same time)

-Island Paradise (i liked swimming in the water, the lifeguard career, diving, boats)

-I really miss this from previous sims games....I would like to see that we can make our sims TAN in the pool or on a towel outside and actually see the tan lines or burn lines (would be cool to have if your sim has really light skin and burns that they can apply something to help it hurt less and heal faster)

-Really miss the Create a World and Map Tools, sometimes i find there is wasted ma space or like there's a perfect spot for a lot but i cant place one

-Be able to build our own apartment building on an empty lot and make each apartment rooms

-Cars would be great (even if not open world like sims 3) it would be great as to have them as to make our homes more realistic, be able to click on them for transport, if you leave for work you go in your car and it leaves with you, go to a public lot you go in your car and when the lot loads your car is parked on the street

-If cars added have the option to TEACH your teen how to drive

-Hair colour options. the idea is to be able to take any hairstyle there and have the options to change it that it has streaks or an ombre but not just any that is preset but were we can have it to what we want it to look like, like if our roots are brown then not just a blonde ombre but maybe that shade of brown and i can change the blonde to be a pink for example.
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    ramps. makes wheelchair accessible venues, as well as other things.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • XxChristina44xXXxChristina44xX Posts: 2 New Member
    Design tool - colours, patterns and materials just like The Sims 3 so there are endless possibilities when creating sims and houses

Holiday destinations - beach

Expansions - University

Careers - more careers/professions. I think some of the NPC careers would be cool such as mailman, fireman, pizza deliverer. Part time jobs for adults. Would be really helpful for families where parents would like to earn some money but have time with the kids.

Festivals - the festivals from Sims 3 were a great addition and with the calendar, you could schedule when they came to town

[b]Sims 5 ;) [/b] All of the above for Sims 4 improvements & ...

If there were to be a Sims 5 I think players would really enjoy having some of the expansion packs included in the base game such as Seasons and Pets. One of the most fun parts of playing The Sims is that it has realistic elements so when creating the base game, it would be nice if the developers thought about what is standard in life. Also the open world of The Sims 3 was awesome. Being able to draw your own lot sizes and place as many lots as there was room meant we could create vibrant towns with plenty of homes and community lots whereas in Sims 4, we have a lot less space to work with.

Features of the Sims 4 to keep:

Emotions
    Styled rooms
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited February 2019
    This Feedback thread started in February 2018 and is too long to now trawl through. Could we have a new one starting February 2019? Some complaints or suggestions last year might have been dealt with.

Some Simmers might not realise that a pack they haven't got contains what they want too.

Maybe a list of what has been accomplished from our feedback might be nice. Otherwise one starting after the next Pack comes out! :)
    > @XxChristina44xX said:
    > Design tool - colours, patterns and materials just like The Sims 3 so there are endless possibilities when creating sims and houses
    >
    > Holiday destinations - beach
    >
    > Expansions - University
    >
    > Careers - more careers/professions. I think some of the NPC careers would be cool such as mailman, fireman, pizza deliverer. Part time jobs for adults. Would be really helpful for families where parents would like to earn some money but have time with the kids.
    >
    > Festivals - the festivals from Sims 3 were a great addition and with the calendar, you could schedule when they came to town
    >
    > [b]Sims 5 ;) [/b] All of the above for Sims 4 improvements & ...
    >
    > If there were to be a Sims 5 I think players would really enjoy having some of the expansion packs included in the base game such as Seasons and Pets. One of the most fun parts of playing The Sims is that it has realistic elements so when creating the base game, it would be nice if the developers thought about what is standard in life. Also the open world of The Sims 3 was awesome. Being able to draw your own lot sizes and place as many lots as there was room meant we could create vibrant towns with plenty of homes and community lots whereas in Sims 4, we have a lot less space to work with.
    >
    > Features of the Sims 4 to keep:
    >
    > Emotions
    > Styled rooms
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

100%!
  • LadyBee98LadyBee98 Posts: 8 New Member
    I would love L shaped stairs, being able to change my sims height in CAS, and I really really want smaller (like 1x1) bookshelves and wardrobes. I'd also love to have sectional/wrap-able couches (so I could make an L shaped couch), more counters with matching cabinets. Screened in porches would be cool, too!
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    FOR TEENS:
    - Prom, graduation, curfews, acne

FOR ELDERS:

- more elderly interactions, "talk about youth", knitting, ability to set up "heirlooms" - like cookbooks with learned recipes or keeping unlockable career items unlocked for descendants, ability to unlock specifically willable items or "heirloom" objects, cruises and bingo nights (even if these are rabbit holes), aches and pains

VACATIONS:

- though TBH playable cruises would be awesome
    - Also beaches with swimming in the ocean please!

SOCIAL EVENTS:

- baby showers
    - murder mystery dinners
    - bachelor/ette parties
    - retirement parties

FOR EXISTING EVENTS:

- more birthday interactions ("wish happy birthday", "give birthday present", "give birthday kiss/spanking") available just before or just after a sim is aging up
    - festivals showing up ahead of time on the calendar

NPCS
    - burglars/vandals, firefighters, "dancers" for bachelor/ette parties, police officers, doctors. All of whom your sims can call to come to them or choose to go to see. It's wild that we can play as cops or doctors, but our sims (outside of those giving birth) can't actively VISIT or CALL them for services. We can take our dogs to the vet, but we can't take our sims to the doctor!

CAREERS

- making the Criminal career playable as a mirror to detective would be very cool, though I don't expect it.
    - more "normal" careers, like teacher and lawyer

OTHER

- alien lot traits (like the vampire ones, that make aliens more or less likely to show up, and also maybe increase or decrease chance of abduction on that lot)
    - supernatural traditions for holidays, activities for groups (like the ability to make a "sucking blood" holiday where vampires go to town autonomously and regularly, the ability to make an abduction or mind reading holiday, the ability to make groups with "vampire" or "alien" as requirements, and to give those groups alien of vampire interactions they do during gatherings)
    - Start a band. We can write songs on several instruments, busk, make music on a mixing table, sing, but we S T I L L can't start a band.
    - Open neighborhoods. Any lots in the neighborhood where your sims are can be loaded at the same time.
    - Free babies! Let the babies be free!
    - more ways for sims to meet each other "blind" in the game - meetups for toddlers or kids or "genius" sims or sims with high handiness. Get Together is great for this, except there's nothing for toddlers, and you have to meet the sims to get them into your group first! In the same way a famous sim can host an event for "fans" without having to invite any, and they'll just show up unmet, I'd love for a sim to be able to host a "evil sim party" and sims with the evil trait will just go to whatever bar you assign. Or a toddler playdate where my sim doesn't have to have suddenly met other toddlers to invite first.
    - I mean, I'd like to see the time machine come back, but that's a minor thing.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    Oh, and to add to events we should be able to have: Funerals!
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    Also I really miss the ability to paint portraits of or sculpt statues of sims.
    Sometimes I stream.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top