Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Disney Princess 10 Gen Challenge!

Comments

• bbrbakerbbrbaker Posts: 1 New Member
    Idea for another optional Generation. She’s not technically a princess but it could be fun!

Generation - Jane (Tarzan)
    ~ starts when she reaches YA
    ~ must have ‘loves the outdoors’ trait
    ~ must have ‘Archaeology Scholar’ aspiration
    ~ join the scientist career
    ~ meet future spouse while on vacation in Selvadorada
    ~ marry, have children
  • JordanSimsFJordanSimsF Posts: 221 Member
    @arliel Yes, neighbours were a great help especially when most of the children were toddlers.
    I found out that one of one lady was a mentor completely by accident. My child was playing the violin and she just walked over and started mentoring. Helped me complete the creative aspiration

@Wagashi_Master Happy that you checked it out! Thanks for the comments as well. I read your story as well :)
  • arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    @Wagashi_Master
    It has been taking some time. Mostly from real life and my focus level at times. But I am on Tiana (who will actually be elder soon). Aurora is still a child. Should be continuing their family soon as I'm almost done getting their relatives a life.
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • Wagashi_MasterWagashi_Master Posts: 608 Member
    @arliel Yes, neighbours were a great help especially when most of the children were toddlers.
    I found out that one of one lady was a mentor completely by accident. My child was playing the violin and she just walked over and started mentoring. Helped me complete the creative aspiration

@Wagashi_Master Happy that you checked it out! Thanks for the comments as well. I read your story as well :)

That's actually a story from a previous save file which got deleted, unfortunately. I wasn't able to continue it, so I'm playing a different family with this challenge. Though they're quite similar 😅
    1b50d0714006f57e46f0a4530649b643.gif
    arliel wrote: »
    @Wagashi_Master
    It has been taking some time. Mostly from real life and my focus level at times. But I am on Tiana (who will actually be elder soon). Aurora is still a child. Should be continuing their family soon as I'm almost done getting their relatives a life.

Are you busy? I'm also finding it hard to make time for this challenge because of school and a few other circumstances in real life. But I'm hoping for a period of time when I can finally play the game again and actually finish generation 1.

• Lcg0103Lcg0103 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm doing the challenge currently and I just ha d a question for later down the line, for Anna's generation, what are some examples of a "near death" experience at the hands of her lover? Also, could belle also date women?
    Lcg0103 wrote: »
    I'm doing the challenge currently and I just ha d a question for later down the line, for Anna's generation, what are some examples of a "near death" experience at the hands of her lover? Also, could belle also date women?

Well, you could have her lover make a fire or trap her in a room to starve her to death. Or make her laugh so hard or embarrass her (because there are two extreme emotions that cause death). It depends upon the player which method one chooses.

Probably. I think the rules are there to guide you on playing the challenge and if you want her to date women, then it's probably fine. It's your game after all.
  • MissPlayingMissPlaying Posts: 152 Member
    Here's my tree so far. I recently started playing again and I've been determined to get to the end! I think once I do I'd like to start a new save with Generation 11 and do the original Legacy challenge rules as I've yet to do that in The Sims 4. It's quite hard to see and this doesn't show the whole tree but the link is also below.

You'll notice that up to Aurora I also did the ancestors of the heiress' partners, but this got a bit complicated, so I've kept it simple and only followed a few generations of children that aren't on the main sucession (MCCC really makes it hard to keep up sometimes!)

b663154e347ce0260fe63ea489bcc106.png
    That's actually a story from a previous save file which got deleted, unfortunately. I wasn't able to continue it, so I'm playing a different family with this challenge. Though they're quite similar 😅

Ohhh ok

• arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    Are you busy? I'm also finding it hard to make time for this challenge because of school and a few other circumstances in real life. But I'm hoping for a period of time when I can finally play the game again and actually finish generation 1.

Partly life. Work, trips to the farm, regular life things, the odd show, etc.... and I don't usually play until kids are in bed or they're not here. Partly my current focus level at the time. When I'm on the legacy, I keep the relatives having lives as well. Or sometimes I'll play on my other saved games.
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
    arliel wrote: »

Partly life. Work, trips to the farm, regular life things, the odd show, etc.... and I don't usually play until kids are in bed or they're not here. Partly my current focus level at the time. When I'm on the legacy, I keep the relatives having lives as well. Or sometimes I'll play on my other saved games.

So you don't use the story progression mod?
  • liffalsliffals Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a question, with the elsa one. Does anna have to do it with her? Or can you have a different child based on elsa
    liffals wrote: »
    I have a question, with the elsa one. Does anna have to do it with her? Or can you have a different child based on elsa

Elsa is an optional generation. You can choose to do Anna's generation and have a child based on Elsa or do their generations together, or if you prefer Elsa than Anna, I believe it's fine to switch the two generations and just use Elsa with another sim based on Anna.
  • alicia17alicia17 Posts: 18 Member
    does snow white have to have her children in game or can you make them in cas
    oreoo wrote: »
    does snow white have to have her children in game or can you make them in cas

The challenge comes from having the children in-game. Though if you made 7 toddlers in CAS that would be so difficult!
  • I am really struggling to get Rapunzel into a romantic relationship as she is a loner - can anyone give me any tips?
  • freakshowtylerfreakshowtyler Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm currently on gen 4 (Aurora) and I'm having so much fun playing and posting this challenge, very glad OP is back! :) I still have a while to go until gen 5 as Aurora is a teen but I'm hoping to complete gen 5 with both Anna and Elsa at the same time. Thinking ahead to Elsa's rules when she has to be different in some way - how did others make her different? Or what did OP have in mind to make her different?
    I'm currently on gen 4 (Aurora) and I'm having so much fun playing and posting this challenge, very glad OP is back! :) I still have a while to go until gen 5 as Aurora is a teen but I'm hoping to complete gen 5 with both Anna and Elsa at the same time. Thinking ahead to Elsa's rules when she has to be different in some way - how did others make her different? Or what did OP have in mind to make her different?

Elsa is currently a toddler for me, so I'm yet to get to that stage? One suggestion would be to make her an alien or other occult Sim if you have the pack. I might make my Elsa a vampire?
    I just finished generation 1! Boy did that take long!
  • freakshowtylerfreakshowtyler Posts: 32 Member
    @MissPlaying interesting thought, i don't have vampires or aliens, though i might end up buying CL between now and her generation! i'll keep watching the thread to see how you and others get on :) thanks!
    I just finished generation 1! Boy did that take long!

Congratulations, by the way!
    @MissPlaying interesting thought, i don't have vampires or aliens, though i might end up buying CL between now and her generation! i'll keep watching the thread to see how you and others get on :) thanks!

You could download some CC and change her skin color so she looks different.
  • OroraBorealisOroraBorealis Posts: 1 New Member
    I love this challenge! I've been doing it on my Twitch channel at twitch(dot)tv/ororaborealis, and I just got out of the first generation! I did the old version of gen 1 too, so it was quite a lot of fun to try to get through it, and definitely a challenge! Thanks for creating this, it's so much fun.
    I am really struggling to get Rapunzel into a romantic relationship as she is a loner - can anyone give me any tips?

Try items with emotional auras that put her in a flirty mood.
  • UnicornfloofUnicornfloof Posts: 12 New Member
    I've been doing this challenge for a while and I got up to generation five, (Belle for me as she is the 5th Disney Princess ever made) then my computer broke and I lost everything 😭
  • UnicornfloofUnicornfloof Posts: 12 New Member
    Also this is my generation order
    - Snow White
    - Cinderella
    - Sleeping Beauty
    - Ariel
    - Belle
    - Jasmine
    - Pocahontas
    - Mulan
    - Tiana
    - Rapunzel
    - Anna and Elsa
    I'm leaving out Merida as she was created by Pixar and in my world she doesn't classify as a Disney Princess even though Disney owns Pixar

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top