Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GildedDiscourse's Creation Collection

GildedDiscourseGildedDiscourse Posts: 60 Member
edited January 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
Welcome to my showcase thread!

I have been building and creating in sims since Sims 1. I am an active member of the Gallery community and have been sharing my work on there for years. Thought I would make a thread to share proper images of them, however. I suffer from terrible gallery pictures lol. Though, I am very new to this sharing of builds and creations outside the gallery, so please bear with me. And a huge thank you to anyone who stops by and offers support!

If you like any of my work, feel free to download off the gallery. My id is the same, GildedDiscourse. The link to my online gallery studio is HERE
Thank you!

Builds will be added whenever possible. Usually I will post new ones as they are completed. I will also go back and showcase previous creations as well whenever I am able. There are quite a few and gallery pictures really are horrendous lol.
rBjvmwv.jpg
Post edited by GildedDiscourse on

Comments

• GildedDiscourseGildedDiscourse Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2019
    Newest Creation -

18 Wheeler Tiny Home

0o2RaQM.jpg
    This is a tiny starter home, under $20k. Built for the tiny home challenge. Perfect for the bachelor-on-the-go. If you wish to download, you can find it HERE, or on the gallery under GildedDiscourse.
    This is play tested. Everything worked fine for me :)

Exterior
    Ochpsda.jpg
    3bAQjgY.jpg
    kitchen/ dining area, also the entrance
    Dl2ILoi.jpg
    aN2BUDY.jpg
    Bathroom
    PgHZAKv.jpg
    h6mj6ek.jpg
    HYP4fQU.jpg
    Bedroom / main living area
    s3qxtgm.jpg
    suX21KO.jpg
    Jr7PZPQ.jpg
    sqiqqef.jpg
    Floor Plan
    VwVGr4k.jpg
    K7wU5O2.jpg
    Daylight Shots
    MGXqJzn.jpg
    0lBZOYO.jpg
    jlclnJ1.jpg
    I do hope that's not too many images lol
    rBjvmwv.jpg
  • sansjuxtasansjuxta Posts: 6 New Member
    this looks amazing, I love it!!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    It is great that you have started a showcase thread for your builds :)
    18 Wheeler Tiny Home is a very creatively designed starter home! :) The design of it as a truck and trailer vehicle with wheels looks great! The type of exterior walls uses, the entrance door and the back section with the signs, and the street art on the side. suits the theme well! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! You have designed it well, with the reduced space of the build! It is nice that there is a bookcase nook, for Sims to enjoy reading when having a travelling stop in their mobile home. The calendar is a nice home touch on the wall. Very nice bed and living area. The wall shelf from Laundry Day pack is a nice touch on the side wall, and the plants and cards are nice on the table. The wall pictures in the home areas add a nice look to build. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofa watching tv and reading.
    It is a very creatively nice starter home! :)
    Thank you @sansjuxta ! I really appreciate that. So glad you like it. :)

@rosemow Thank you so much! I didn't even know these things existed until recently, and with how bad images always tend to be for me in the gallery I thought it might be a good idea. At the very least its a good place for me to share things I have very much enjoyed creating :) And thank you so much for the wonderful comment! It really made my day. I'm so glad you like the build. I had a lot of fun with it. It was an interesting challenge, but I like how it came out. I can't tell you how much your kind words mean to me. Thank you so much!
    rBjvmwv.jpg
    edited February 2019
    New creation

French Stone Cottage
    5SWzwRk.jpg
    TicprAq.jpg
    This was the home I built just before the 18 wheeler. It was an in-game build for my Rags to Riches Baker. (I built his bakery as well which will be uploaded soon) Everything was paid for by in-game earned funds from his bakery. It costs $408,516, with three bedroom and four baths.

If you wish to download it, you may do so HERE at the online Gallery, or find it in the in game gallery under GildedDiscourse. Thank you.

Images below spoiler. It is a big build, there are a lot of images.
    Exterior - Front
    zX6vYKO.jpg
    uoVRbL5.jpg
    OJwHqR4.jpg
    rrJQUWH.jpg
    Exterior - Sides
    4t6oaCa.jpg
    YfIe4I8.jpg
    y7nKLNQ.jpg
    Exterior - Back
    90coIO9.jpg
    7ZdHKBi.jpg
    WNIGTKj.jpg
    HbgAREl.jpg
    Front Porch& Patio
    EyazzbW.jpg
    0wyeasc.jpg
    Garage / Greenhouse
    Ywb7Seo.jpg
    4c5xiz4.jpg
    Entry way & hall
    jQpFY62.jpg
    YmtKkgb.jpg
    iGYm5Ew.jpg
    Study
    bJuupd4.jpg
    qJyP6iB.jpg
    BgJD7fG.jpg
    Main Living room & Formal Dining
    bQDTBgM.jpg
    1kSx5HG.jpg
    Pir4yso.jpg
    K9itqKZ.jpg
    vMBNq7f.jpg
    Oveo04j.jpg
    Downstairs bathroom 1 & 2
    FpDdxXh.jpg
    nqCRy3g.jpg
    Kitchen & breakfast nook
    eEvUnrj.jpg
    4dbuBdQ.jpg
    FYXJMmd.jpg
    Second floor Hall
    upqPmUz.jpg
    XEZPQmD.jpg
    Upstairs Main Bathroom & Ensuite
    vn9bahP.jpg
    P2Fce8K.jpg
    aAOB6sC.jpg
    Young Man's Bedroom
    73IjL1V.jpg
    aV89Y2e.jpg
    Twin girls Bedroom
    uHvkWcX.jpg
    wrb58o3.jpg
    irFVv7d.jpg
    Master & Master Balcony
    ZHPYggw.jpg
    CH5wFU1.jpg
    P0dJuSS.jpg
    hQ5jmoV.jpg
    Attic laundry
    5ThMeUZ.jpg
    IYs6ZIp.jpg
    Daylight Exterior Shots
    QGVdXP7.jpg
    y33ZEvB.jpg
    9IyFpCr.jpg
    anylIf2.jpg
    g3jciVH.jpg
    sGw6XI7.jpg
    nLkRGmj.jpg
    JxXoCcH.jpg
    K0R91pN.jpg
    BLfOL2A.jpg
    8WdfvIv.jpg
    K0R91pN.jpg
    Floor Plan
    agaFj5C.jpg
    I1fFqzW.jpg
    T68gflX.jpg
    rBjvmwv.jpg
    French Stone Cottage is such a very pretty and lovely home! :) It is a very special home! It looks so warming and homely! The exterior design of the home, the roofing design, the floral greenery on the exterior, the flower box windows, the stone texture of the cottage walls and the flowers and plants in the outdoors areas are all so very nice! The floral wreath is a nice touch on the front door. The outdoors areas are so very nice! Very nice greenhouse! The furnishing of the interior is so very nice! Very nice calming, warm and restful colour schemes of the rooms through the home. It is such a very detailed and very home so I won’t write about all the special features both outside and indoors, but they are all very lovely! :)
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Super awesome builds, love them..I don't see the firehouse but that is amazing too..I possibly may give that one a go :smiley:
  • VicingusVicingus Posts: 107 Member
    I love the houses, but would like some more outside pictures in daylight :)
    Youtube Channel: Vicingus
    Sims 4 Gallery: Vicingus
    Thank you so much @brenleedee ! I appreciate the kind words and I would very much love it if you decided to join the Firehouse Challenge if you have time. Your work is amazing! I always enjoy seeing it :) As for why its not posted here, I literally just started this page yesterday lol Its on my list of things to add, hopefully today. :) Thank you!

@Vicingus Thank you so much for the kind words! They mean a lot to me. I'm so glad you like them. I'm sorry most of the images are at night. Game was moving too slow to get it to day time when I took these lol. I'll update with some sunny exterior shots for you. Thank you for the feedback!
    rBjvmwv.jpg
    @rosemow, Once again, thank you for the amazing comment. You are so kind and thorough. It really warms my heart. I appreciate all the help and support and the wonderful critique! Thank you so much. I'm glad you like the Cottage, it was a lot of fun to build. I love layering on detail like that so the exterior style was perfect for me. :)
    rBjvmwv.jpg
    edited February 2019
    New Creation

Le Dame De Chocolate
    YVUJ4U7.jpg
    This is the In-game built French Patisserie made by my Rags to Riches Baker. The same that lives in the French Stone Cottage. This was built first, it includes a second floor loft Apartment, in an eclectic somewhat Industrial style. All funds for this build were earned in game by him selling pastries. It was a lot of fun.

To download, please locate on the Gallery under GildedDiscourse. I don't know why but the website Gallery will not allow me to log on to get the link. I'm sorry. A huge thank you to rosemow who provided the links. This build can be found HERE on the online gallery.

This is play tested, as I built and used it at the same time. Everything worked fine.

Images found under spoiler.
    Exterior
    lWsQk0Z.jpg
    PwMfWOa.jpg
    nXkQ7Lg.jpg
    oW1eBOb.jpg
    ylU2lpS.jpg
    bEJCFEq.jpg
    nTSw9pd.jpg
    cOMY24k.jpg
    TxNAauh.jpg
    30YaNxF.jpg
    TO4v8So.jpg
    First Floor - Bakery
    66wYP7e.jpg
    61VT3ST.jpg
    ONlV4e9.jpg
    iidUp4f.jpg
    lCerBnt.jpg
    YSfWblg.jpg
    40v85Eg.jpg
    Customer Washroom
    4P05FrJ.jpg
    9G2XDih.jpg
    Backroom & Employee Bathroom
    LwQJSKF.jpg
    KizweyA.jpg
    0Lqqrbq.jpg
    Bakery's Main Kitchen
    cKvLIxc.jpg
    FJ8O2sK.jpg
    lNkdUnv.jpg
    Bakery's Back Kitchen / Employee Entrance /Break Space
    vaOXSS8.jpg
    01OX2SV.jpg
    bdhDrwN.jpg
    Loft Access
    v7utrn8.jpg
    OWAP7C9.jpg
    Loft Apartment
    RXmx0TR.jpg
    RoIfjzG.jpg
    HmykYvJ.jpg
    dVXoPYO.jpg
    hoGaXK0.jpg
    bRpwkiU.jpg
    zgm1wNh.jpg
    rJMbo3n.jpg
    Loft Bathroom
    zPJXWVS.jpg
    L7l3PjO.jpg
    x1TSyiQ.jpg
    Loft Bedroom
    LzscSsm.jpg
    oW9QErw.jpg
    SbkeXw8.jpg
    fJVmawx.jpg
    Loft Main Balconies
    YfRM320.jpg
    6MDkP7p.jpg
    AZdPF8M.jpg
    NQcXES9.jpg
    Floor Plan
    MmPLXaX.jpg
    gCVX8yz.jpg

rBjvmwv.jpg
    Le Dame De Chocolate is such a very special Bakery! :) The exterior design of the build is so very nice! You have put so much detail into the exterior design and into the furnishing and layout of the interior! The chocolate brown brick texture of the walls gives a nice look and feel to the build. The greenery on the exterior looks nice, and very nice floral bed features in the front entrance! You have done them so prettily! The clocks on the front exterior and on the corners of the lot are great touches! Very nice window balconies! Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior ! Each of the areas looks so very nice! The golden windows go so very well with the brown colour scheme! It looks very nice the way that the tables and chairs have been set up for Sims to enjoy sitting at the table eating food that they have bought from the glass display cases. Very nice and detailed design of the bakery kitchen! It is a very nice place for the owners to do their cooking for the bakery. Very nice furnishing of the upstairs apartment! It looks very nice!
    I would like to write about all the very nice features of the build but it would take a long time! But I am enjoying looking at the pictures, and my Sims will enjoy visiting the Bakery in my game! :)
    Once again, thank you so very much @rosemow for all the amazing comments! You are so very sweet, and your words are so very kind. Your posts and support really just make my day. I truly appreciate all the kind things you've said, and I'm incredibly flattered you're considering placing this bakery in your game. That is just the most amazing complement! Just blew my mind. Thank you SO much! :)
    rBjvmwv.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Challenge Creation

Firehouse Shell Challenge
    6m6wdKE.jpg
    As suggested by the name, this build was intended to be a Shell Challenge build. It is a Victorian firehouse I hope some other lovely simmers will renovate into something new and interesting. Hence why it isn't currently furnished. There is a completely blank version available on my gallery, with blank walls. I couldn't help coloring them when I built it, the exterior at least, because I wanted to make certain I got the look right. The interior I colored and added the fireplaces for the pictures just so it wouldn't look so bad lol

If you wish to download or participate, this shell can be found on my gallery page, under GildedDiscourse or HERE on the online Gallery. The unpainted version can be found HERE.

Images can be found in the spoiler.
    Front Exterior
    YPSJPnm.jpg
    82f3cvy.jpg
    zxMHiyg.jpg
    yA8JI9G.jpg
    LR36laE.jpg
    Exterior Sides
    CHmTGDX.jpg
    v4RvM4c.jpg
    14Spf3r.jpg
    uLq38bC.jpg
    Back Exterior
    0IG39Eu.jpg
    LRHnCDC.jpg
    zRCt3UZ.jpg
    Interior First Floor
    zSOYTUm.jpg
    HfcpRkR.jpg
    H3TZdlK.jpg
    glnZV1s.jpg
    Interior Second Floor
    JP7Nj6O.jpg
    QOXaGA7.jpg
    qVABlBq.jpg
    l9fn5io.jpg
    Interior Third Floor
    6Zuv0oJ.jpg
    rBjvmwv.jpg
    The Firehouse Challenge is great! :) Very nice design of the shell! Simmers will enjoy downloading the shell and furnishing it for the challenge ! The firebell is a nice touch.
    @rosemow Thank you so much for the kind words on my Firehouse build! I'm so touched and pleased you like it. I had fun with it. I might furnish it myself some day if no one participates lol.

As for the comment prior, I would LOVE to be able to link each of my builds for others to view or download. Unfortunately the Gallery is broken. At least for me. I cannot log on or find any of my builds. Its stuck in a 'please log in' loop. Every time I try the page just refreshes and asks me to log in again. I've tried everything to fix it, searched every thread I could of other people experiencing the same issue. Tried every browser and device I have. None of them work. I don't know what to do unfortunately. So those links are a supreme help. Unfortunately even those wont load for me XP I do appreciate it though, very much so! And I have/will add them for everyone else to use as well. thank you again!
    rBjvmwv.jpg
    @GildedDiscourse the bakery shop is amazing, seriously I did not realize you were a builder..excellent job!! I am going to do the Firehouse challenge..it may come out "girly" hehe(my homes tend to be very girly lol) but I will do what I can.

Love the rags to riches challenge you did, I watch the Sims supply and he was baking and I thought I would love to do a rags to riches challenge doing baked goods, and of course update a bakery as I make money..awesome idea(was your Sim you played a new Sim with no skill points?, I guess that's the way a rags to riches challenge starts out)Now you have me super excited about doing a bakers rags to riches ♥
    @rosemow Thank you, I appreciate that. I don't know why it won't work. It's really frustrating. I hope they fix it soon.

@brenleedee LOL thank you so much. I'm so glad you like it. Yes, I'm a builder. Have been for years. I love doing it :) I would love it if you participated in the firehouse challenge! There's nothing wrong with a feminine interior. All styles are welcome! ♡ I have a fondness for a great variety and I am very excited to see your entry. :)

As for the Baker, yes, he was a new sim with no skills, no money no home. Nothing. Just a plot of grass. Earned enough to buy an empty retail lot and everything after that was paid for with funds from baking. It's a really fun challenge. I do recommend not selling full group meals though. you lose a lot of money that way. They look better but financially selling single servings is the way to go lol Good luck with your challenge! I've watched some of his videos too. I like to listen to them, he has a comfortable voice to just work too lol :)
    rBjvmwv.jpg
    @GildedDiscourse I am going to do the Firehouse, working on a modern home right now(which is not my specialty lol) and the Firehouse is next :smile:

Can't wait to do the bakers , I would assume that is a harder way to earn money, but that would make it more challenging. I did a rags to riches just like you said..0 dollars and a plot of land, I did gardening which was challenging at first but then I got a hold of some dragon fruits lol. Needless to say my Sim has 9.9999 million dollars, so time to move on to a new challenge.
    @brenleedee I can't wait to see! I know it will be wonderful and I'm sure the modern one will as well. I like trying modern myself but I don't think I'm very good at it because no one ever likes them lol

Lol yeah dragon fruit is a very quick way to make cash lol Baking is definitely slower. It takes a while. You have to level up the baking, cooking and gourmet skills at the same time pretty much to make the most of it. in the end I think the baking skill is the best with the cupcake machine. But there are some good ones in each. You just gotta have the skill and attention span for it all lol Takes time, but its worth it. :) I also don't recommend getting an employee unless you absolutely have to to save cash. :)
    rBjvmwv.jpg
  • dctf344dctf344 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm playtesting my entry for the Firehouse build right now, the build is awesome and it was a fun challenge. So glad a ran across it in the gallery! :)
    GHNQUEs.png
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    You're very talented builder, creative, ingenious, great with styles and details :) Have faved many of your creations in Gallery but my brain hadn't put the builds together that you were behind them all... In anyway, showcasing your works here is awesome since the Gallery pics are notoriously horrendous!

Btw, why don't you take screenies in build mode where you can choose the time between morning, afternoon, evening and night? Pressing G will remove the grid from view so it's as if in play mode.