Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have transgender sims?

Comments

• NathanANathanA Posts: 39 Member
    Whenever I make transgender Sims I just make them the gender they identify as, I find it weird when people use the gender patch to make transgender sims because in reality a trans person wants to appear as the gender they are, not the gender they were born into. It's almost a little offensive when I see it honestly, I feel offended on my friends behalf. I can just imagine they transitioned and stuff and play like that. If they ever added in surgery, I'd probably consider making some more transgender sims, but they probably won't add that because it's a bit too real for the sims 4 and might cause offense.
  • NovaBelladonnaNovaBelladonna Posts: 58 Member
    NathanA wrote: »
    Whenever I make transgender Sims I just make them the gender they identify as

Isn't this how everyone does it? And then just changes whether they get pregnant or not? It *is* offensive to say you've got a trans woman and give them a male...
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmFyY60q4J0PJNKCePjVG8g
  • roBurkroBurk Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Sjofn said:
    > I occasionally pick a townie out and make them trans, but I haven't played one as a main sim, as I don't think I'd handle that sort of story well (as it is WAY outside my experience), and I mostly play for an audience these days. I just really don't want to screw up!

> @Sjofn said:
    > Honestly, I'm not very worried about complaints (my audience is like ... twenty people tops, and I know them all :P), I just don't want to inadvertently hurt feelings and such.

I can definitely understand being wary about telling a story about transition when you're not transgender yourself. What about adding one of your trans townies to the household through marriage or something? That wouldn't necessarily involve doing anything differently.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    roBurk wrote: »
    I can definitely understand being wary about telling a story about transition when you're not transgender yourself. What about adding one of your trans townies to the household through marriage or something? That wouldn't necessarily involve doing anything differently.

If one of them ever winds up falling for one, I would! But I don't know if I'd actually spell out they were trans, because that feels weird to me. But maybe I should spell it out? I don't know!

<flail>
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Sjofn Lol

I assume playing a Sim guy who can become pregnant is transgenderish? That I have, because my main couple is same-gender and bringing in a woman for reproduction would not suit me. But I don't find that I have a need to roleplay a transgendered Sim as such. However, I have had one that I played and thought of as a hermaphrodite.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm guessing you mean Sims that I refer to transgender since I'm certain there's no way to have an actual transgender in the game, and my answer is no, and I have no plans to ever have any.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I made my first Trans Sim long ago, even before the patch. I was making a variety of households to fill my maps and I would begin by randomizing in CAS until a Sim caught my attention. So I happened to be working on a sort of boarding house that had a variety of young women living together as roomies, and my randomization stopped at a Sim who had some slightly masculine features, and reminded me of someone I knew in real life. I thought it would be great to have this Sim be a Trans woman in the household and she added more depth and completion to the stories there.

As it turned out, as soon as I played that household, (which had seven Sim women in it, including the Trans Sim), two of them were watching a romantic movie together and immediately started having obvious chemistry and flirtations and basically let me know that this was going to be a very LGBT friendly house. I really enjoyed playing that household. They are still in my main save, but I think it's coming to a time where the lesbian couple want their own place and some of the others have their own life things going on (one of them had an unexpected child, a son, who is the only male in the house and the mother, determined to give him a good life, became a successful doctor), so they will all be separately moving on to the next phase of their lives. I keep putting it off because I love the dynamic and diversity of that household. :)
    #Team Occult
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    no.but i do have gay and lesbian sims and enjoy those. I think i will just keep my game the way it is.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    my answer is no since it do not fit in my gameplay
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2019
    Nope, but that is because I only play traditional families with couples who are male and female.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited February 2019
    No, I don’t.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    yes, i do.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I actually have male sims in my game, with the ability to become pregnant and at some point in their lives, one of them will become pregnant and carry their partners baby. But its not technically trans, because in my mind the sims exist in a different universe, of course and in that universe males become pregnant.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Nope, I don't have them in my game at all.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No, I keep it straight and simple with no complexties.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    we have a few. my daughter likes to make those.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I have done once or twice. I was thinking I might put one in my current save.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Kind of....one of my themed worlds is a matriarchy where women wear the trousers and have the high powered jobs and men wear the dresses and are the homemakers. I keep the masculine and feminine frames as standard but change the clothing preferences. The fun is to be had when you see a svelte young person in a dress but with the deepest of voices.
  • berrybelleberrybelle Posts: 9 New Member
    i sure do!
    i'm trans IRL (nonbinary, personally) and almost all of my OCs and such are trans, it's just... what i'm used to. the same way most cisgender heterosexual people make characters that are like them, i make characters that are like me!

i tend to prefer to make my trans sims unassuming other than how they pee (or if they can get pregnant, but yknow). though i do take a lot of care on face shapes and general body shape. that's just what i prefer - i would personally like to appear however i identify, and noone would be able to tell unless i told 'em. (though i do use cc eyelashes on every sim i ever make.......)

so for trans male/masculine characters : male > masc/fem frame (depending, i usually use masc but tweak it a lot) > pee sitting down > can get pregnant
    and for trans female/feminine characters: female > usually use fem frame > pee standing up > can get others pregnant

i play a lot of LGBT couples, one i'm playing on at the moment are a cisgender guy and his trans guy husband. they have three kids, and i'm considering a fourth. it's a very good way for me to achieve biological families between characters who identify as the same gender! even back in previous games/before the gender patch, i would have characters who were "female" but i edited them enough they looked like male sims. but the gender patch definitely made it easier and more accurate, and made TS4 much more enjoyable for me, and for my trans friends!
    i am glad that is a feature that you can easily ignore though, so that there is no ill will between LGBT and non-LGBT simmers. just having the tools there if you want to use them is kind of what The Sims is about, imo!
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I love the options that the gender patch gave to players from all backgrounds and beliefs. Its one time, for sure, that I applauded the Sims team for daring to do something viewed by some as controversial. I feel like, giving people a chance to express their own unique style, beliefs, feelings, thoughts and dreams without fear is what will someday make this world a better place for everyone.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm a rotational player so I have many families I play. I have gay, trans, hetero, bi, I have a morman dude with three women(can be done with player trait), I have Asian, African, Lebanese, native american, ghetto thugs, italian mafia, motorcycle gang, white trash, a serial killer, a Hindu Jewish couple, an adult teen couple If it happens in the world then it's in my game.

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    I actually made Yuki Behr into a MTF and she's gorgeous.
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    I have a couple of them, one MTF and one FTM that I downloaded from the Gallery, but I never made one myself because I haven't come up with that type of story for any of my own Sims yet.

@EnkiSchmidt thanks for giving me this idea! I'll have to give Darling a makeover :)
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2019
    I certainly do. Sometimes I'll drop them into lots to live as background sims just like any other. But for the sims I play, I roll a d10 for every sim born to one of my families. If I roll a 6 then the sim is LGBT. And so then I roll a d4 to determine attraction or type -- 1 is same gender attraction, 2 is attraction to both genders, 3 is asexual and 4 is trans. If it comes up 4 then I proceed to roll a d4 again to determine attraction for the trans sim.

This approach combines my desire for a diverse cast of characters with my obsessive love of rolling dice to produce RPG-esque random outcomes.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top