Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited February 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #112 - Seeing Double

FORUM ID: sawdust
    ORIGIN ID: sawdust123
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Modern Duplex
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Sandtrap Flat
    GALLERY COST: $118,495
    TOTAL COST: $119,995
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Modern Duplex offers 2 homes in one. Each is a 2 bed, 1 and 1/2 bath home with an additional office/utility room which could be converted to a third bedroom. It has open plan living with access to a shared backyard complete with B-B-Q facilities, al fresco dining and pool. The upstairs bedrooms have access to a large shared balcony that covers the width of the two homes. Each home is a mirror image of the other. Decor is modern with a slightly colourful and funky beat to match the energy of the twins.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes thanks.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: CC Free, MOO used

hkUuWJ8.png

GsyckAB.png

• VicingusVicingus Posts: 107 Member
    @sawdust amazing build! But how did you create the garage and slope down to it?
    Youtube Channel: Vicingus
    Sims 4 Gallery: Vicingus
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    @sawdust....man that is gorgeous! Mine looks like crap next to that ... love it!
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    does it have to be a functioning balcony or can it just for show?
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    @Vicingus the slope is a roof part. I carved out a flat piece about half room height, placed the lowest room and used the roof to get the slope. If you download it and pull it apart sometimes that's easier to see than me trying to explain it. :)

Thanks @jeswainston65 :)
  • VicingusVicingus Posts: 107 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    @Vicingus the slope is a roof part. I carved out a flat piece about half room height, placed the lowest room and used the roof to get the slope. If you download it and pull it apart sometimes that's easier to see than me trying to explain it. :)

Thanks @jeswainston65 :)

That is such a nice idea, i think i get how you pull it of!
    Youtube Channel: Vicingus
    Sims 4 Gallery: Vicingus
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    wow I love how this was originally in 2014 and still going strong 5 years later! Can't wait to see the finished products!
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    Excellent design @sawdust - Nice use of basement space :)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    So, I'm officially over budget with almost no landscaping and very little decoration. I don't feel like redoing it at this pint. I'm still going to share it to the gallery though as I did like a couple of features.
    image.png
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    edited February 2019

FORUM ID: Cerrydd
    ORIGIN ID: Cerrydd
    LEVEL: Expert (I guess? It's the level I used to participate in)
    LOT: The Mullet - Duplex
    LOT COST: $6,500
    LOT NAME: Rio Verde
    GALLERY COST: $112,569
    TOTAL COST: $119,069
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Mullet, business in the front, party in the back! The duplex has a modern feel and some bold colours (or should I say, chaotic :D ). Both homes are almost completely the same, but there's a slight variation of colours in the interior, and the left home has a study where the right home has a social media room. Both sides have 2 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. The small balcony is shared and the backyard has a pool, bar, seating area and BBQ for all dem wild parties. Furniture isn't top of the line, I struggled to keep it within budget, but surely the ladies can save up some money and upgrade later :# (or just move it to a cheaper lot... kind of shot myself in the foot there) The only 2 rooms not pictured in the slideshow are the tiny bathrooms on the ground floor.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, only used MOO
    TUMBLR LINK: Tumblr
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

1VtQSQo.png
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
    Very interesting to see how you've used the terrain and foundation tools @sawdust! Well done :)
    @Cerrydd, that looks lovely. And you've inspired me to see how much of mine I can change without compromising the original idea.
    image.png
    I hope you can find a way to make it work, @SimTresa :) Budgets are always hard :s Whenever I'm working with a budget, my main focus is the exterior. Well, actually, my main focus is always the exterior, but if I have to keep the cost down, I want really want the exterior to look the way I want it to look, so I can save money on other things. Once I get the shell in a shape and colour I like, I add all the essential furnishings like couches, kitchen appliances, toilets, showers etc. Everything in the cheapest categories! I then add wall coverings and flooring in the interior. Since this build required a pool, I also added a pool from the start, since those are expensive. Once the basics are in place, I have a 'minimum' baseline. Let's say, budget is $120.000 and I'm now up to $60.000, which means I have $60.000 left to pretty things up. (I'm making these numbers up, can't remember what it was in this build) I then slowly add some decoration, landscaping, maybe upgrade a bed or two, or add some more expensive wallpapers. Gradually shape the build into a fully furnished home, step by step. Oh, and smaller rooms are generally cheaper, because you'll have less space to fill ;) Well, I don't know if my rambling is of any help, but this is how I ended up with my finished product. Good luck :)
    I'm definitely editing my original idea. I hate to have to switch one of the stair types because I liked how they looked with the floor tires ont he porch, but they'll free up more simoleons than the other changes I have in mind.
    image.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited February 2019
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: , Established
    LOT: Double trouble
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow in Oasis Springs ( I named it Double Trouble )
    GALLERY COST: 118,453
    TOTAL COST: 119,953
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/O5vUBxc
    ENTRY DETAILS: Located in Oasis Springs ,at Pebble Burrow. Pebble Burrow is in the Bedrock Strait section of Oasis Springs. Bedrock Strait is a working-class neighborhood. New households to Oasis Springs usually settle here first because the properties are less expensive here compared to other neighborhoods. That's Why Pebble Burrow was chosen, Not only for its Gorgeous desert Views, But the price tag was right.. The empty lot was Valued at $1.500 . A Duplex was built to Match Twins Freya & Phoebe . The Two are inseparable , Mirror images of each other. Yet they are opposites. But like Matching book ends they complement each other..Each Unit contains- on the 2nd floor- 2 bed rooms , Office & a Bathroom . Main floor has an open concept with a kitchen, dining area living room & a Bath room.. Shared in the yard is a pool and enough space through out for guests and for Entertaining..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/DianePink

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 50229510_2331552687064809_3352159873595867136_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-1.fna&oh=d881a4ebfd7f82a5bea8973b8965d30b&oe=5CFFC8E4

RZsxO6x.png

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member

SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    HOUSEHOLD: DoubleTrouble
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/gallery/1YBTAYo
    ENTRY DETAILS: Freya & Phoebe are Sisters & Best friends. They are identical mirror images of each other. They are not only identical in their features - their hair is done the same way, they have the exact outfit on and even their accessories match. Yet they are opposites. But like Matching book ends they complement each other. One is neat , the other is a slob. One is artistic ,the other wants to be a you-tube celebrity. They both love the out doors and they both love to entertain company.. With many friends they have fun and party in to the night ..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 00.jpg

• 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited February 2019
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #112 -Seeing Double-
    FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: ★Twin Cubes★
    LOT COST: 2.500
    LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent
    GALLERY COST: § 117.500
    TOTAL COST: 120.000  
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS 112: Seeing Double "Twin Cubes"
    ENTRY DETAILS: The "Twin Cubes" is a duplex for the twin sisters Freya and Phoebe. The building looks like a sort of piled cubes with different textures and is build like a mirror. It has balconies in the four sides and vegetation in three levels. Each one gets a full separated house with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Phoebe has a music room and Freya gets a writing office. They share the backyard for their "wicked" parties.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    78XVbkn.png8MvuoKE.png
    Post edited by 13Vader on
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    When you say 'modern' do you mean 1900-1950s or contemporary like the popular style of now? Though I guess it does say the twins are open to ideas :mrgreen:
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    When you say 'modern' do you mean 1900-1950s or contemporary like the popular style of now? Though I guess it does say the twins are open to ideas :mrgreen:

I just googled "modern house design" for inspiration. I figured if the twins didn't know the word for "duplex," they'd be going by whatever common jargon is out there. XD

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LOT: Caribbean Dream
    LOT COST: $2500.00
    LOT NAME: Deadgrass Discoveries in Brindleton Bay
    GALLERY COST: $116,831.00 (I had my cost pretty much exact, but I wanted a picture in the gallery that didn't have rain. Turns out there was a severe thunderstorm causing a lot of damage, and there must have been some damage I missed )
    TOTAL COST:$119,331.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/4SMi0En
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I had a hard time deciding between this one and one of my other builds. The other one has triple the downloads in the gallery already, so I may have shot myself in the foot, but this one makes me happy :) (I may have been watching one too many episodes of Caribbean Life, lol!)
    Freya and Phoebe have decided to move to the beautiful Siminican Republic! Their jobs give them the flexibility to work from home, so they figured it might as well be somewhere fun! They have purchased a modern Caribbean style home that has the perfect backyard for throwing some great parties. They are excited to begin their new life in a tropical country.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All the artwork is by AlJay2000
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ipRLciV.png
    bkw3gpr.png
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    HOUSEHOLD: Jennings
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/xA5vP3H
    ENTRY DETAILS: Freya and Phoebe are identical twins and tend to have most of the same interests as well. They are both party animals, outgoing, self assured, and they love the outdoors. The main difference is that one critiques food for a living, and the other art.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    VXn9mUa.png
    hPX1X34.png
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    ROOM: Caribbean Blue Office
    GALLERY COST:$5,918.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/EL2CKTo
    ENTRY DETAILS: A brightly colored and happy feeling room, where the girls can work from home.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All the art is created by AlJay2000
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    jqK8n3n.png
    wEaJzuq.png
    edited February 2019
    Well it's finally done. Anyone else getting the return of the gray ceilings or is jut me and the lights I used?

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    LEVEL: established
    LOT: Mirror Image

LOT COST: 2,400
    LOT NAME: Inner Circle
    GALLERY COST: 117,438
    TOTAL COST: 119,838
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/nISaHg5
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was trying for a bright, coastal color scheme that suited Del Sol Valley, thus lots of green and white with some yellow and blue in the interior. Both sides are completely identicial with the exception of a completed mural in the right half and a crookedly plced stereo. The backyard has plenty of room and options for partying - swimming, grilling, dancing, just hanging out.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    u6SY3zw.png
    eM2W0zE.png

Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2019

FORUM ID: MACDesign
    ORIGIN ID: MAC-DESIGN
    LEVEL:
    LOT: Modern Farmhouse Duplex
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Potter's Splay
    GALLERY COST: 115,758
    TOTAL COST: 118,258
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow Album

ENTRY DETAILS: Build submission for clients, Phoebe and Freya and the "Seeing Double" Challenge. After seeing some prior submissions on the thread, I wanted to come up with an option for the twins that was more homey, but still offered a modern style and finish. Coming in under budget, this twin farmhouse duplex is designed to be newly renovated and perfectly mirrored. Each of the twin residencies feature; 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a small office space, open living & eating quarters, hobby room, as well as a shared pool & bar patio. Enjoy!

Quick tip, identifying the twins is easy! Phoebe is left handed, and Freya is right! ... or... is it... the other way around ?

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Thank you.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: bb.moveobjects only

1R7QPPs.png

gmzFS5A.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    FORUM ID:JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL: @BuildnShare are you still leaving me Starting Out? It's fine just checking in to make sure
    HOUSEHOLD: Phoebe and Freya also Norling
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS112 SIM Entry
    ENTRY DETAILS: Inseparable identical twins Freya and Phoebe have traveled far from home to work at Future S.I.M.S. labs. They have each other for support and company and that suits them both just fine!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:yes please

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    CpaIDkX.png
    vVJpTyd.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top