Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Welp, I obviously didn't get done. just too much else going on this month. I'll post a shot of what I managed to get done later. Great job on everyone else's!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png

BnS #209 is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2019
    ZocuGVw.png

You sent Rose home early to beat the storm. You didn’t want him out in that, but you had some loose ends to clean up - or rather, you had models and sketches and a mess to clean up! You looked back over your design ideas and smile. You’ve always loved making a difference in people’s lives, the look on their faces when they see it… makes all the headaches worth it!

The wind was shaking the windows when you finally decided it was time to head home yourself. You gathered your things and turned out the lights, pulling your coat tight around you as you stepped outside and turned to lock up.

When you turned back around, you nearly jumped out of your skin! There was a figure looming over you in the darkness, seemingly materialized out of the fog.

“Good evening,” he says, voice smooth as velvet.

“G-good evening,” you manage to get out.

“I have not come at a bad time, have I?” the gentleman says.

“Bad time? Oh… no no, I was-” well you were just locking up to go home but does that really constitute ‘bad time’?

“I am glad. I apologize I could not have been here sooner.”

Well, you suppose staying a little later wouldn’t hurt, and you’d rather not stand out here so you unlock the door and escape from the elements. Oddly, your visitor does not follow you in.

“Please, do come in,” you say.

He smiles broadly as he steps inside. You aren’t entirely sure but it seems like his teeth are just a little… longer than average.

Shaking off your coat, you hang it back up and turn the lights on again. Now that you’re able to get a better look at your guest he seems far less looming than outside. You note the piercing eyes, the impeccable if somewhat outdated dress. He does not seem the least beaten by the storm, unlike yourself you’re sure.

“Won’t you sit down?” you ask, motioning to the conference table.

“Thank you,” he says, taking a seat. You can’t quite place the accent, but it seems familiar.

“Now, what can I do for you, Mr…?”

“Ah, you may call me Seth.”

“Well, Mr. Seth, what can I do for you?”

“I am in need of a new residence,” he says. “My current will soon be- ah- uninhabitable. So I will need it quickly, by the end of the month and no later.”

“Of course, we often work on a tight schedule,” you say, though find his choice of words very odd.

“Good, I appreciate that,” he says. “But I require very particular details in my residence.”

“That shouldn’t be a problem,” you assure him, slipping easily back into your professional mode. “We have catered to a wide variety of needs.”

“Then what I am after is a subterranean residence, entirely below ground except for what must necessarily be above to access it.”

“Oh, that’s very do-able,” you say. “We can add skylights or-”

“No!”

He cuts you off so forcefully you jump slightly in your seat.

“I apologize,” he quickly adds. “I just- no skylights. I, uh, value my privacy. I do not wish anyone to be able to see inside. Under any circumstances. No skylights, window wells, nothing. Please.”

“Very well,” you say. “There are plenty of lighting options.”

He relaxes again.

“I value my privacy, so a good fence around the property is a must. But I will need space for entertaining,” he says. “I host events every month.”

“Oh?” That seems interesting. “What kind of events?”

“Exclusive events. Very exclusive.”

“No, I mean…football parties, book club, art shows-”

“Yes! Art, that’s it,” he says, as if taking a conveniently offered excuse and running with it. “Very exclusive art showings. With necar. There will need to be a bar.”

“Okay.” You write that down but this is a very odd client! “And beyond that, is it just you? Just one bedroom or…?”

“Yes, only me. The usual parts of a house, yes. All that. But no mirrors!”

“No mirrors.” You jot down a few more notes. “Well, I think the only thing left is the cost-”

“Here is your payment,” he says, handing you a cashier’s check for… a great deal more than you were about to tell him you needed. You do not ask any questions.

“Well Mr. Seth, I think you’ll be very happy with your new place.”

“I hope so,” he says as he stands up. “After all, just cause I’m dead doesn’t mean I can’t have a life!”

He laughs.

You laugh. Then the words sink in and you stop, but suddenly notice he is no longer standing there. Or, anywhere. You look back at the cashier’s check in your hand and shrug. Well, you’ve done weirder.

vPz5U5r.png

• Budget: 85,000
    • Design an entirely subterranean home except what must be above ground for access.
    • No natural lighting of any kind.
    • One bedroom minimum.
    • All the usual residential spaces.
    • Room for entertaining an exclusive group of people.
    • An easel, and a bar.
    • No mirrors.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    It's great a few more have been able to get finished!

@Kgaff I'm so glad you found time to finish up. :) Your Santa picture house is just darling, and I love your big outdoor tree, too.

@iampes23 What a fun, colorful build. You really managed to get a large workshop in there! And my Alva would certainly appreciate that you were thoughtful enough to include all that storage space. *cough*

@paneinger I'd love to be inside that window wall with the large Christmas tree looking out on the snow. Really pretty. Love the dark cabinetry in the kitchen and the dark green walls.

Most of these are surprisingly LARGE for the lot size! I'm impressed that you all got so much in there.

_______

Hoping you all can see my pictures OK? Flickr was a bit wonky while I was trying to upload, but my albums look all good from my end. Reason I'm asking is the lot has a lot more views than the household, which may just reflect interest levels, I suppose. But, the household album has 27 pictures and the lot has 61. (If you click to go into the enlarged pictures, you can see my comments.)

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    ZocuGVw.png

You sent Rose home early to beat the storm. You didn’t want him out in that, but you had some loose ends to clean up - or rather, you had models and sketches and a mess to clean up! You looked back over your design ideas and smile. You’ve always loved making a difference in people’s lives, the look on their faces when they see it… makes all the headaches worth it!

The wind was shaking the windows when you finally decided it was time to head home yourself. You gathered your things and turned out the lights, pulling your coat tight around you as you stepped outside and turned to lock up.

When you turned back around, you nearly jumped out of your skin! There was a figure looming over you in the darkness, seemingly materialized out of the fog.

“Good evening,” he says, voice smooth as velvet.

“G-good evening,” you manage to get out.

“I have not come at a bad time, have I?” the gentleman says.

“Bad time? Oh… no no, I was-” well you were just locking up to go home but does that really constitute ‘bad time’?

“I am glad. I apologize I could not have been here sooner.”

Well, you suppose staying a little later wouldn’t hurt, and you’d rather not stand out here so you unlock the door and escape from the elements. Oddly, your visitor does not follow you in.

“Please, do come in,” you say.

He smiles broadly as he steps inside. You aren’t entirely sure but it seems like his teeth are just a little… longer than average.

Shaking off your coat, you hang it back up and turn the lights on again. Now that you’re able to get a better look at your guest he seems far less looming than outside. You note the piercing eyes, the impeccable if somewhat outdated dress. He does not seem the least beaten by the storm, unlike yourself you’re sure.

“Won’t you sit down?” you ask, motioning to the conference table.

“Thank you,” he says, taking a seat. You can’t quite place the accent, but it seems familiar.

“Now, what can I do for you, Mr…?”

“Ah, you may call me Seth.”

“Well, Mr. Seth, what can I do for you?”

“I am in need of a new residence,” he says. “My current will soon be- ah- uninhabitable. So I will need it quickly, by the end of the month and no later.”

“Of course, we often work on a tight schedule,” you say, though find his choice of words very odd.

“Good, I appreciate that,” he says. “But I require very particular details in my residence.”

“That shouldn’t be a problem,” you assure him, slipping easily back into your professional mode. “We have catered to a wide variety of needs.”

“Then what I am after is a subterranean residence, entirely below ground except for what must necessarily be above to access it.”

“Oh, that’s very do-able,” you say. “We can add skylights or-”

“No!”

He cuts you off so forcefully you jump slightly in your seat.

“I apologize,” he quickly adds. “I just- no skylights. I, uh, value my privacy. I do not wish anyone to be able to see inside. Under any circumstances. No skylights, window wells, nothing. Please.”

“Very well,” you say. “There are plenty of lighting options.”

He relaxes again.

“I value my privacy, so a good fence around the property is a must. But I will need space for entertaining,” he says. “I host events every month.”

“Oh?” That seems interesting. “What kind of events?”

“Exclusive events. Very exclusive.”

“No, I mean…football parties, book club, art shows-”

“Yes! Art, that’s it,” he says, as if taking a conveniently offered excuse and running with it. “Very exclusive art showings. With necar. There will need to be a bar.”

“Okay.” You write that down but this is a very odd client! “And beyond that, is it just you? Just one bedroom or…?”

“Yes, only me. The usual parts of a house, yes. All that. But no mirrors!”

“No mirrors.” You jot down a few more notes. “Well, I think the only thing left is the cost-”

“Here is your payment,” he says, handing you a cashier’s check for… a great deal more than you were about to tell him you needed. You do not ask any questions.

“Well Mr. Seth, I think you’ll be very happy with your new place.”

“I hope so,” he says as he stands up. “After all, just cause I’m dead doesn’t mean I can’t have a life!”

He laughs.

You laugh. Then the words sink in and you stop, but suddenly notice he is no longer standing there. Or, anywhere. You look back at the cashier’s check in your hand and shrug. Well, you’ve done weirder.

vPz5U5r.png

• Budget: 85,000
    • Design an entirely subterranean home except what must be above ground for access.
    • No natural lighting of any kind.
    • One bedroom minimum.
    • All the usual residential spaces.
    • Room for entertaining an exclusive group of people.
    • An easel, and a bar.
    • No mirrors.

This sounds like a tough challenge, my brain is ticking away with ideas.

as for Seth... I can't decide whether to run for the hills as fast as my little legs could carry me, or ask him out on a date 😂
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
    This thread has been very quiet.

I have finished building my #210 entry, just need to take photo's now :)
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Lilypink79 Looking forward to seeing your build. :)

Unless I get a sudden burst of last-minute enthusiasm, I don't think you'll see anything from me this month. I did do a build, but in attempting to do what I had in mind, I created budget problems for myself by the time I was trying to fill it out. I kind of overdid things the last couple months of the year, am busy with a sick kitty here, and don't see me with the time, energy or ideas to redo it.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @suzses - I hope your kitty feels better soon.
    @Lilypink79 - I wondered if anyone else besides you was doing this one month's challenge as well.
  • mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    edited January 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM No. 210: Life After Life

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9282737

LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/MRRjYfg

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20 X 20; 2 Lupine Lane, Moonlight Falls; Final Cost: 84,957

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: So for this challenge I wanted to create something in my usual style of re-use. So I choose to model my house after a missile silo. Because of that I wanted it to feel over grown on the top, after all Seth wouldn’t want any nosy neighbors coming over during the day. So it looks almost abandon from the top, but on the inside I really wanted to focus on the little details because this challenge concentrated so much on interior design. I tend to see this area as my weakness and I wanted to push myself. I was going for a contemporary almost loft like style with just a hint of things that felt old and “inherited” for the bar level I wanted to model it after a 1920s speakeasy. I tried to use rich jewel tones and the darker wood to give the place that sort of old-fashioned vibe. Hope you enjoy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A

“As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • chrispugmirechrispugmire Posts: 5 New Member
    Test comment
  • chrispugmirechrispugmire Posts: 5 New Member

NAME: account: chrispugmire

LINK TO LOT: www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9283539#

LINK TO MEDIA: imgur.com/a/WjiDlbo

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Missed it.

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 64 x 64; 29 S Falls Ave, Moonlight Falls; Final Cost: 83,778

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: An older styled house suited to the liking of someone who's possibly been around a while longer than us... I've used rich colours to give a more elegant feel to certain areas of the house.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes thanks.

I think you might have grabbed the wrong link for your images @chrispugmire. I can get to your upload here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9283539
    but I can't get to your imgur account.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I was able to see @chrispugmire 's entry at this link https://imgur.com/a/WjiDlbo

I didn't do this one, I never got inspired :(
    Thanks @Kgaff. I was trying www. instead of just https:// which is just plum as @mederouin also used imgur!
    Great pics you two! Hopefully @Lilypink79 gets her entry in today or tomorrow. I'm not sure if anyone else pinked up the gantlet on this one as the thread has been really quiet this month.
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone else pinked up the gantlet on this one as the thread has been really quiet this month.

I'm in!... as long as I can get finished and get pics uploaded on time. Have finished the entrance floor and main living area. It's not my best work but heck, it's the first time I've come this close to finishing anything in a while! Just gotta figure out what to do with the "entertaining" room and somehow not go over budget (Haven't even started that area yet and only have S2000 left D: )
    i'll get my entry in today (still need to take pics) and reply to everyone 😊
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited January 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #210 - Life After Life
    NAME: iampes23
    LINK TO LOT: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ap1lr1670y6sbyp/Under_the_Ground.Sims3Pack/file
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/3InwbzX
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Barnacle Bay, 29 Ferry Lane, 40x30, $84,988
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This lot is all about privacy, from the abandoned building and fence on the the lot to the turns in the hallway into the house. Artwork is spread throughout the house from many different time periods.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: my own patterns, items from TSR : the mudroom is from Cashcraft, other artists
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    FZOUVKY.jpg
    LGdx4Kv.jpg
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    @suzses - oh that's a shame, I always like your builds, they're so creative. I must admit I really struggled with the budget this time. I really hope your Kitty is ok? What's been wrong with him/her?

@ciane - Lol I was beginning to think I was the only one

Does anyone know when the results for #209 will be available?

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #210: Life After Life

NAME: Lilypink79

LINK TO LOT: N/A

LINK TO MEDIA: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iH3GJTL65vJ75gfRA

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: I created my very own Seth (images included in link to media)

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30 (I think) in the mountains in Hidden Springs. Final cost was literally a few simelonians under budget.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Just some old ruins, nothing to see here. Move along now...

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure

Images aren't working for me again :(

https://imgur.com/a/XPfa89l
    edited February 2019

NAME: missroxor

LINK TO LOT:
    Natural Beauty Spot

LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/9g17Dk1

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Huh?

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:25 x 30 - 100 Redwood Parkway, SV - S77, 858

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: So you’re a few centuries old and burst into flames in sunlight... but who says you have to live in a filthy cave surrounded by dusty old antiques!? Welcome to your new grown up bachelor pad for the modern vampire complete with private...er, nightclub.

This home was built into the grounds of a natural beauty spot and conservation area with stunning views of the coast, and plenty of parking. A regular passer-by might not even notice the hidden entrance to the home. Basement Level 1 includes one double bedroom, an office, laundry facilities and the main living area. Throughout the main floor, artificial backdrops, windows and lighting have been used to make this subterranean cave feel more like a home. Basement level 2 (with separate access to ensure the homeowner’s privacy) is a dark and moody nightclub primed for entertaining your guests.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please, If you have time.

DFah97L
    CwfdWhs
    Bah, I always forget about resizing my images but I don't have time so just gonna have to leave it as is and hope the link works fine. I'll upload the lot tomorrow after sleep. Also, sorry about the crappy outdoor pics, the weather wasn't playing nice and I didn't have time (or the weather stone installed) to faff about waiting for a sunny day to take pics >_<
    edited February 2019
    Not sure if I'm allowed to edit my post now that the month is over? I've uploaded the lot here
    Sims 3 BuildnShare #110 is officially closed!

5nd1sli.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    mQCANlB.jpg

The young lady sat across from you looks like she could handle herself in a tough situation, and as she absent mindedly plays with her cuticles you wonder what she is thinking.

“Well, you know, I really need a place of my own, somewhere without other people’s ‘stuff’ around.” You know from Karl that she is currently sleeping on a friend’s couch.

“It needs to be small though, I hate large spaces, they feel too, ummm big.”

You can’t help but have your heart melt a little when she struggles to find a word for scary that wouldn’t hurt her bad girl exterior, you sense in her eyes that this is not her true persona.

“So, Faith, do you have any particular style in mind?” You ask her, expecting her to want a grungy, industrial look.

“Nah, whatever you want.”

“Really, you don’t mind what style architecture or interior design?”

“Nah, it’s all five by five.”

“Five by five?” You ask.

“You know, it’s all good.”

She thanks you for her time, and as she stands up to leave, you swear you see a wooden stake peeking out of the inside pocket of her leather jacket.

vPz5U5r.png
    • Design a home with no more than 25 squares in total (your building does not have to be limited to one story, but must not consist of more than
    • 25 squares of interior living space, total, i.e. adding the ground floor tiles to the upper floor tiles, the number of tiles must NOT exceed 25) - eating area can be outdoors as well as hobbies
    • You may have a covered outdoor area as long as there are no walls to it.
    • You may use exterior walls as decorative items, but they cannot be used to add any livable space.
    • Must be on a 20x15 or smaller lot - but this can be in any world.
    • Overhead shots with grid lines on are 100% mandatory for this challenge, your build will NOT be judged without them.
    • Any architectural and interior style.
    • Make sure you don’t forget the landscaping.
    • Your budget is §30,000 (including the lot cost)

The deadline for this challenge is Thursday 28th February 2019 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York Time]
    GArBA5W.jpg
    missroxor wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm allowed to edit my post now that the month is over? I've uploaded the lot here

You can edit it, @missroxor :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • RosemaryStarRosemaryStar Posts: 43 Member
    So the build challenge is a tiny home for a bad girl that has scared girl inside that bad attitude and may be a vampire hunter? I'm gonna assume she doesn't have many friends or hobbies. Possibly lost her parents to vampires and now hunts them out of fear/anger. Probably where her parents were killed is the reason she doesn't feel safe in large spaces.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top