March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last bug experienced

Comments

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    @catloverplayer ahhh so sorry! I'm normally so good about checking! Best of luck to you console players with your bugs!
  • BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    Has anyone else come across the bug where it appears that your pet ran away, but it's home? I see that someone had this issue on PC, but haven't come across a workaround for console. In my household, the dog is at home, but his picture is faded as if he's not home/ran away. When a sim clicks on him to bathe or go for a walk the sim starts the action, but becomes frozen - and also can't call him to eat. I moved him to another home and he still shows as if he ran away. I read one solution to ignore the pet so that he can run away again to it can "reset" itself when it comes back home- I've been ignoring the poor dog forever, but he hasn't run away, maybe because he's already showing as him not being home.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I though Vampires no longer just let themselves in to your sims house anymore? Am I wrong, because Vlad just up and sucked the life out of Cassidy Purdue.

Also, snow angels are still being made indoors?

And, oh, the teleportation glitches ๐Ÿ™„
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • Tiny17701Tiny17701 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've got an odd glitch. My sims go to work but don't leave the house. The system tells me they're at work when they're not (which is fine, cause they're still getting paid). The needs go unfulfilled, I can't just click on their picture and find them. I have to go looking for them. The temporary fix I have found is quitting their job and getting the job back. It works sometimes.
    Just added Get Famous, hoping that's not what the problem is.
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Tiny17701
    This is the console discussion. We don't have get famous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I've got an odd glitch. My sims go to work but don't leave the house. The system tells me they're at work when they're not (which is fine, cause they're still getting paid). The needs go unfulfilled, I can't just click on their picture and find them. I have to go looking for them. The temporary fix I have found is quitting their job and getting the job back. It works sometimes.

GF can't be the cause, I got the same bug and I am on xbone
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member

GF can't be the cause, I got the same bug and I am on xbone

I did get that too on the PS4. :s
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I've got a household and when the teens leave for school, most of the time they get to the driveway and just stand there, waving their arms saying "I can't do that." They then walk back into the house.

Also the bug of two music tracks overplaying each other is getting tedious.
    2quwd7.gif

• RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Many times, it takes hours after the shift is over for the SIM to come home.
    I have discovered the food stalls are quite regularly unmanned now making them unusable.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I find it strange than when using the MoveObjects cheat, the D-Pad doesn't work to alter the views. You turn it off, still happens.
    2quwd7.gif

@adamclark83 That has happened in my game before, but I haven't experienced that glitch in a while. I thought it was patched.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    I've got a household and when the teens leave for school, most of the time they get to the driveway and just stand there, waving their arms saying "I can't do that." They then walk back into the house.

Ooh, yes. I hate playing households for so long that they start to have those types of bugs all the time. And as for the music thing, I just ended up muting the music completely.

I've had a bug where my sim was sick, so I told her to drink medicine. She ends up walking in some weird loopy path throughout the house and even through furniture. Also teleported a few times... never even ends up drinking the medicine. I tried it twice, and she just followed the same path.

Second bug I had was my sim was about to master the cooking skill, but the progress bar appeared stuck at the top. It didn't even disappear when I wasn't cooking. I also tried leveling a different skill while it was stuck, but it didn't work and just stayed there. Luckily, I made it to level 10 after resetting it a couple times.

Ooh, yes. I hate playing households for so long that they start to have those types of bugs all the time. And as for the music thing, I just ended up muting the music completely.

I've had a bug where my sim was sick, so I told her to drink medicine. She ends up walking in some weird loopy path throughout the house and even through furniture. Also teleported a few times... never even ends up drinking the medicine. I tried it twice, and she just followed the same path.

Second bug I had was my sim was about to master the cooking skill, but the progress bar appeared stuck at the top. It didn't even disappear when I wasn't cooking. I also tried leveling a different skill while it was stuck, but it didn't work and just stayed there. Luckily, I made it to level 10 after resetting it a couple times.

It's quite a common bug for progress bars to get stuck on top of Sims. I find that the bar generally goes away if the Sim/Sims leaves the lot and then returns (like from work).
  • EdwardWongHaoEdwardWongHao Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm getting a kind of oldish one. It's the Sims mourning over acquaintances. I know the PC players have argued about it, and the EA Help HQ said it was fixed in a patch, but all of that info and threads are from June of last year. It's January and I'm not sure if I should be getting this, and none of it was xbox/ps4 specific.

To be clear: I'm getting called about NPCs that I've had little interaction with, passing. My founder is in the peak of her career and this is a pain in the butt to deal with.
    I only have City Living and Get Together.
    Is it a PC glitch to have a blank finished painting that you only have an option to scrap, not sell? Technically, I can place it all over my house, but who does that?
    edited January 2019
    I'm suffering quite severely with the frozen time glitch. Sims are stuck at work or asleep. When sims do make it home, hours later, their needs are so low and then they get stuck just out of the elevator! Cassidy Purdue only seemed to 'reset' after having an accident in the hallway.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Last bug, my sims just stopped doing what they were doing and were Just stood around. They wouldnt move even after cancelling all their interactions. In the end i had to exit to the main menu and reload. This effects every sim in the house.
  • Valk5Valk5 Posts: 27 Member
    I played a household I haven't used in a while and it was nearly impossible. Same as most here, Sims just stand there and don't move. They were experiencing their first blizzard and my sim and her cat were outside and would not go in. The cat kept meowing and turned blue and the sim just stood there. Didn't want anyone to freeze to death so I exited the game. As excited as I am about GF next month, things like this make me hesitate to buy it. Even with the patch before dlc, seems like the same issues creep right back into the game. Hope they can fix it.
    This "bug" was annoying (experienced it last night). My Sim was tired (in the late stages of yellow), so he went to bed. Sleeping for about six-ish hours, I would say almost all of his energy had returned, but it was still showing yellow. I returned the time back to regular speed for a moment to see if it would fix the off-color issue. Instead, it reverted the Sim's energy to just back to right above the mid-line now showing green. The Sim had lost thirty to forty percent of the energy it had gained by sleeping.
  • CasuallySherlockCasuallySherlock Posts: 34 Member
    This was a really weird one for me.

My sims had just moved in together, they were sitting together just laughing and one of my sims turned translucent and blue like a ghost. Then she flashed a bright light and turned into an urn.
    She had all her needs full. She wasn't dying of any mood lets or anything. She just flashed and died.
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2019
    My child and teen sims keep coming home without homework. Which is great sometimes because it's one less thing to deal with but I can't get my sims grades up. Also have issues others have mentioned where sims freeze for a while/won't start the next task for no good reason.

EDIT: Just experienced a bug I saw someone mention somewhere in this thread where if one sim travels somewhere, the other sims in the household return from work/school. This sim was travelling to her vet clinic for work and it was Rebate Day - her husband and daughter immediately returned from work and school as soon as she arrived at the clinic. I've not experienced this bug before when she's travelled there, so I think it could be because she visited another location on a holiday. Just my thoughts.
    Post edited by ThePocketWeasel on
    edited February 2019
    Socks aren't working with any skin tight pants.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • Paigec945Paigec945 Posts: 79 Member
    after the new console update on 1/31, my library causes the game to crash, when you click lots. HEADS UP.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top