Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New content for sims 2

sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
How awesome would it be for ea to continue making expansion packs for the sims 2 they could make more money because people still play this awesome game like me

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    From what I recall being said, if they added anything else to Sims 2 that they risked breaking the game completely. That they had added on as much extra code as the core code would allow.

Don't know how true or not that is, but that was what was said. The Sims 3 site did not let non-owners use it so the statements regarding this were likely on the Sims 2 BBS which was taken down years ago.
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    That's too bad if it's true since I'd love to have another EP for the game.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2019
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    From what I recall being said, if they added anything else to Sims 2 that they risked breaking the game completely. That they had added on as much extra code as the core code would allow.

Don't know how true or not that is, but that was what was said. The Sims 3 site did not let non-owners use it so the statements regarding this were likely on the Sims 2 BBS which was taken down years ago.

I don't doubt this. I believe that features that were probably usable in the beginning were broken by new coding, becoming a domino effect and they couldn't keep up with it. I don't remember using the occupied lots bin being an issue in the base game (I could be wrong about that), but we definitely learned to not use before the end!
    The terminology they used was that "the code was deteriorating".
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Seera1024 wrote: »

I don't doubt this. I believe that features that were probably usable in the beginning were broken by new coding, becoming a domino effect and they couldn't keep up with it. I don't remember using the occupied lots bin being an issue in the base game (I could be wrong about that), but we definitely learned to not use before the end!
    The terminology they used was that "the code was deteriorating".

I think occupied lots were always an issue. It just took us players that long to figure out the causes for corruption. And then it took us several years to convince a majority of players that those things cause corruption. Favorite counter I saw on the BBS was "I've done [corrupting event] and I've never had anything like that happen". And that was just because it hadn't yet happened.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    One can wish